Secret to shaping up

Donzy84 said:
might have to get the bonus DVD out tomorrow! How does resistance compare with cardio and core?

I think that resistance is easier than cardio but tougher than core- it's the one that I feel the most ache from the next day( or 3) though! I really like resistance! Good luck x

No idea what you're all talking Bout with birthday cake, hope someone can post the link as I'm intrigued :)

Sue, you make me laugh!!

Sw off topic for the cake post should be top of the list :)

I think that resistance is easier than cardio but tougher than core- it's the one that I feel the most ache from the next day( or 3) though! I really like resistance! Good luck x

No idea what you're all talking Bout with birthday cake, hope someone can post the link as I'm intrigued :)

Sue, you make me laugh!!

Then my work here is done :D Well there's just the small matter of 6 weeks of Kettleworx to get through first though :faint2:

Gettingfit so happy to hear your feeling better, sounds like quite a nasty bug thing you have. You won't have the energy to do the bells so concentrate on getting some good food in you. Hubby knows you too well lol

Been there, some things you just don't wear to workout in again lol

ooh been there before.

grey sweatpants and a big workout dont go. you look like youve wet yourself after it, literally.
not a nice look. i dont mind if my top gets wet with sweat becuase it can be taken off (i wear sports bra tops under em), but i dont want my pants like that!

ooo kerttnetics for £15? when i picked up my bell (ooer) i noticed it but it was £30 in my tesco .. thieving swines!!!

Going to have to go checkout the cake post now!

I too have been norty Donzy. We stopped in at hte inlaws on the way home "for a cup of tea" that cup of tea ended up in a take away curry :eek: I tried to be as good as possible but after burgker king gate on Monday I am not hopeful for weigh in this Monday. I hold my FIL entirely responsible and just to show him how thoroughly unimpressed I am with his attempts at sabbotage I am going to buy him an Anne Widdicombe Calander for his Christmas!!

NumNumPigsBum said:
ooo kerttnetics for £15? when i picked up my bell (ooer) i noticed it but it was £30 in my tesco .. thieving swines!!!

Going to have to go checkout the cake post now!

I too have been norty Donzy. We stopped in at hte inlaws on the way home "for a cup of tea" that cup of tea ended up in a take away curry :eek: I tried to be as good as possible but after burgker king gate on Monday I am not hopeful for weigh in this Monday. I hold my FIL entirely responsible and just to show him how thoroughly unimpressed I am with his attempts at sabbotage I am going to buy him an Anne Widdicombe Calander for his Christmas!!

Will let you know what it is like when it arrives, looks a lot more tame than kettleworx which I didn't really want but hopefully I can push it with a heavier weight.

Think I'll have to read pages back to get the 'fairy' reference!!! ;)

sparkledpixie said:
Will let you know what it is like when it arrives, looks a lot more tame than kettleworx which I didn't really want but hopefully I can push it with a heavier weight.

Think I'll have to read pages back to get the 'fairy' reference!!! ;)

Lol that was me I called u sparkledfairy instead of pixie it'd ok, u can call me fonzy instead of donzy, I answer to anything x

Donzy84 said:
Lol that was me I called u sparkledfairy instead of pixie it'd ok, u can call me fonzy instead of donzy, I answer to anything x

Ah ok, I answer to most things too. Real name is Keeley so I get Kelly, Kirsty you name it!

OOo "The Fonz" is in our midst ... Heeeeeyyyyy!!! *gun motion with hands* <just to look EXTRA cool!>

Ok people. A word of warning. If you do the Sample Workout on the Intro DVD, you have done the Cardio Wk1.

I have just done Cardio and its the blimmin same - so I've done it twice on consecutive days. :giveup:I wouldn't recommend it!

Thank God for a day of rest tomorrow and then I think Core on Tuesday.

Least you got the tough one out the way first sue :). Hope you're not in too much pain tomorrow!

Least you got the tough one out the way first sue :). Hope you're not in too much pain tomorrow!

Seriously Chick I feel like I want to die right this minute. I thought I was going to throw up mid way through the 2nd set! I had to keep pausing the dvd after each move to get my breath back. My face is still on fire now!! :eek:

Not working tomorrow. I have booked myself in for a facial so the most strenuous thing I have to do is walk down to the Leisure Centre. The car might come out though!

Aw I remember feeling like that after wk1 cardio( and I only did it once, not twice!) by wk2 it gets easier! Have a lovely relaxing day tomorrow, get a nice hot bubbly bath if you can( I only have a shower at mines) x

Sue omg poor you, hope you feel better soon. That would be tough esp for your first workout. At least you have something nice to look forward to tomorrow, and kudos for carrying on doing it even tho you realised you were repeating the same session - I hope your not put off

Sue omg poor you, hope you feel better soon. That would be tough esp for your first workout. At least you have something nice to look forward to tomorrow, and kudos for carrying on doing it even tho you realised you were repeating the same session - I hope your not put off

Hi Kron - no I'm not put off and can see the funny side, but I really did struggle during the 2nd set. I was sweating that much that I was stuck to the exercise mat! Had to fling that out of the way and carry on on the carpet instead. Might put some ankle socks on next time.

Sue :) what colour are your socks lol hope they match your wrist bands

Gettingfit good to hear hubby's let you have your bells back, you must have been a good girl :) have fun getting back into it

Hi girls
Just did my first kettleworx session today. I decided to do the resistance, and loved it. Couldnt stay up for the whole plank, but not too bad, punches were tough, funniest bit was that I got my hubby to buy his own bell (£15 for a 9kg one from sportsdirect, they also had 6kg ones for the same price), so we both did it with our children watching and laughing at us, saying why are you going that colour mummy, why are you breathing like that daddy??! Very funny! I think he thought it was not going to be much of a workout, but he said certain bits were really tough, and he goes to the gym 5 days a week! I really want to do more now, but Im prob best to wait a day, my knees kept giving way this afternoon,,hehehe,, roll on session 2!!

Calories burnt doing the Kettleworx sessions?

Hi Girls
Im a calorie counter, but I forgot to wear my HRM when I did my first session today. Does anyone wear a heart rate monitor when doing they're workout, and know how many calories they burn doing it? Just a rough idea?:eek:
Thanx

Hi rissole and fellow swingers!

I may be wrong but I'm sure someone said on an earlier thread kbs can burn upto 1200 cals per hour. I hope you'll wear your monitor thingy next time as i'd be interested to know!!
Resistance is fast becoming my fav, I just did week 3! For those who have already done it I thought the ski sits( were you have to pump up and down) were going to be the death of me!!! For my sins I did the 10 mins fast abs afterwards, really enjoyed it! Lovin the window wipers on that one! I have put some progress pics on my diary to show how much of a difference kettleworxs has made to me in two short weeks!

Hope everyones having a lovely Sunday :)

Back