Secret to shaping up

Thanks getting fit :) good to hear you're on the mend :)

Gosh this is a busy thread now!!
I have had a poorly daughter and a hubbie with manflu this week, as well as my headaches, so only just got round to completing the program today!
Planning to start again on Tues with 7.5kg, then progress to 10kg part way through. :)

Rissole76 said:
Hi Girls
Im a calorie counter, but I forgot to wear my HRM when I did my first session today. Does anyone wear a heart rate monitor when doing they're workout, and know how many calories they burn doing it? Just a rough idea?:eek:
Thanx

I wear one, I burn around 135 - 155 cals each workout. I weigh 9st 2lb. It is better to wear the HRM with face on your inner wrist, otherwise you may crack the screen :)

OMG!!

Hi rissole and fellow swingers!

I may be wrong but I'm sure someone said on an earlier thread kbs can burn upto 1200 cals per hour. I hope you'll wear your monitor thingy next time as i'd be interested to know!!
Resistance is fast becoming my fav, I just did week 3! For those who have already done it I thought the ski sits( were you have to pump up and down) were going to be the death of me!!! For my sins I did the 10 mins fast abs afterwards, really enjoyed it! Lovin the window wipers on that one! I have put some progress pics on my diary to show how much of a difference kettleworxs has made to me in two short weeks!

Hope everyones having a lovely Sunday :)
OMG, that is such a huge difference!! Seriously the difference in those two pictures is amazing!! I would be well impressed if that was me. I feel like taking some pics of me now, to see if I can see a big change in a couple of weeks...:D

Chick - Fabulous, fantastic :)
Can you do a link of your pics here? Photos are amazing

Rissole first one done, it is fun :) ooh good to hear hubby had a go, nice to have someone to swing with ;)

Kettlebells can burn around 1000 cals per hour - this is dependant on the exercise type you are doing, so you wont burn that rate doing kettleworx, but if you want a high calorie burn these are top of the list :)

Hi Shazz, sorry to hear the families been unwell - man flu is the worst lol hope everyone is on the mend, I thought it must have been one hell of a hangover!
Great to hear you finished, and good luck starting again. Have you had a play with your 10?

Gettingfit loving the drive :) you will be whizzing through it now lol

can deffo see a difference! Oh how I long to be at your weight lol

Yes, glad to hear you're feeling better getting fit!

OMG, that is such a huge difference!! Seriously the difference in those two pictures is amazing!! I would be well impressed if that was me. I feel like taking some pics of me now, to see if I can see a big change in a couple of weeks...:D

You should! It keeps you motivated, especially if your weight goes up(which has happened to me last week!)

Thanks for everyones lovely comments :D I thought maybe I was just kidding myself and the difference was down to lighting or camera angle...but if you can all see the difference then it really must be the magical power of the bells!:D Have linked photos to my signature.

Wow chickadee!!!!!OMG!!!!...in 2 short weeks..can't wait..I did cardio and core back to back..I mean 2 consecutive days,then my nan holidaying at mine had a nasty fall down the stairs..thank God she's ok and wasn't too bad..I was freaked out and didn't remember to swing for 2 days.....however,I'm back after work today...hopefully WW and the bells will get me in no time from 16st to somewhere under 12st...well done everyone,and Kron...who's the boss?...Ofcourse KRON's the BOSS!..:) :)..well done on motivating so many people....I keep looking at your picture and saying "if Kron can,I can!...
And yes,I did pat myself in the back..that's the least I can do for starting out KB with a 5kg bell....have a nice day everyone..
Btw,I'm still aching...ouch!!!

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Wow that's great chickadee!!! Are you only doing kettleworx?

I've just completed wk1 resistance, those flys? Are a killer (where u are laid on back a lower ur arm to the side) but u were right kron having the kiddies have strenghtened my arms as I managed them with the 5kg! (just!) gonna do the fast Abs on tues then start wk 2 on thurs.

Oh I wasn't too bad on sat night, I refused a second slice of banoffee pie, said I tale it home for later, then gave it to my daughter for pud the next night. Yeay me!

Glad my bell buds r all getting on fine, hopefully we'll all b posting great before and after pics soon xxx

Well i took some before pics today (perhaps not the best idea when having a random * week and having not poo'd in a week :cry: talk about bloat!!). Going to take some more after week 3 I think, well it'll technically be week 4 as im counting this week as a practice run with my baby bell (cheese anyone :D)

Good Morning Swingers! Not as stiff as I thought I would be today after my Cardio weekend :D but have decided to try and keep on the move a little all day to prevent a total seize up!

I got hubbie to take some photos from back, front and sides and after :cry:for a bit, guess what Mr Motivator said, "You have done really well, it was much worse than that!" Now I know he meant well, he really did, but I gave him one of my very special looks and then :whoopass:!!

I am in awe of Chick's photos. And what a lovely bikini as well :).

Glad to see everyone is doing ok. I shall be swinging again tomorrow with Core and then on Thursday with Resistance.

Off for a facial in a bit. I have never had one in all my 42 years so thought perhaps for once I should do something a wee bit girlie as a treat. And a treat that doesn't involve food - who'd have thought!!

Well i took some before pics today (perhaps not the best idea when having a random * week and having not poo'd in a week :cry: talk about bloat!!). Going to take some more after week 3 I think, well it'll technically be week 4 as im counting this week as a practice run with my baby bell (cheese anyone :D)

Jeez that sounds really uncomfortable. Is the non-poo a normal thing or just a one off? I feel for you. Its one of the few things my body does well! :sick0019:

Jeez that sounds really uncomfortable. Is the non-poo a normal thing or just a one off? I feel for you. Its one of the few things my body does well! :sick0019:

Sadly it's normal :( I have IBS and it flares up whenever it feels like it. I've tried everything to get me going (even overdosing on lactulose) but sadly nothings worked :cry: I might have to take laxatives soon because if I don't go I end up getting crippling cramps and passing out before my body forces it out (sorry probably WAY too much info, especially at this time of the morning) and that is something which is highly unpleasant and much better avoided!

Hi Everyone,

I have been following this thread and think the results are amazing. I was hoping to get some advise from you guys.. I have about 10 pounds to lose and am struggling with cardio and weight watchers and wondering should I shake up my routine and try kettleworx. I purchased the 5kg weight in argos but never really used it and my gym membership is up at the end of this month so im at a cross roads..should I renew my gym membership or maybe invest in kettleworx set and follow you guys? I also have 30 day shread at home.. maybe I should start that?? I just need someone to point me in the right direction and give me some guidance.. please :)

Hi sweet_tooth.. If I was in your position I think I would get the kettleworxs set and see how I go with that before committing to another year at the gym. I also have the 30 day shred but haven't opened it yet as I am loving the kettleworxs programme.

It's a fab workout as you can see from everyone's post! Good luck with whatever u decide.. Oh and congratulations on your fab weight loss x

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Hi Everyone,

I have been following this thread and think the results are amazing. I was hoping to get some advise from you guys.. I have about 10 pounds to lose and am struggling with cardio and weight watchers and wondering should I shake up my routine and try kettleworx. I purchased the 5kg weight in argos but never really used it and my gym membership is up at the end of this month so im at a cross roads..should I renew my gym membership or maybe invest in kettleworx set and follow you guys? I also have 30 day shread at home.. maybe I should start that?? I just need someone to point me in the right direction and give me some guidance.. please :)

Hiya sweet_tooth

I have done shred and currently doing Kettleworx, and I think if you can motivate yourself then they are a much better option than the gym. I'm also doing C25K and after being a long term gym member it's nice to try different bits n bobs. Somehow as you haven't "committed" financially to a gym you don't feel the same pressure to attend and it makes workouts more enjoyable.
This is obviously just a personal angle but you get such good support on here it makes you want to keep going.:)

Sadly it's normal :( I have IBS and it flares up whenever it feels like it. I've tried everything to get me going (even overdosing on lactulose) but sadly nothings worked :cry: I might have to take laxatives soon because if I don't go I end up getting crippling cramps and passing out before my body forces it out (sorry probably WAY too much info, especially at this time of the morning) and that is something which is highly unpleasant and much better avoided!

Oh sorry to hear that. I used to work with a lady with IBS and I really felt for her. I know she felt that some people thought it was a cop out, but having seen her literally grit her teeth to get through the day sometimes, it definately wasn't. :(

Wow that's great chickadee!!! Are you only doing kettleworx?

Hi Donzy

Yes pretty much just Kettleworx( did ten min solutions, blast off belly fat dvd a few times before I knew kettlebells existed :))

On week 1 I stuck to just the 3 sessions as resistance neary killed me

Week 2 I did the 3 session and 1 of the kettleworx fast abs workouts.

And now I'm on week 3 i'm gonna do the 3 sessions as normal, i've done the fast abs once already and hoping to fit it in again this week!

So it just goes to show you don't have to be exercising every day for ages to see some results :D

Hi All :)
Hope you all had a great weekend.

Elejesu - sorry to hear about your nan, hope she is recovering ok. You will see a difference if you keep it up, and keep on food plan, there is just no way you can fail, and I must be one of the laziest people on the planet, so if i can, anyone can :) Your successes are your own, I am just happy to be able to share what worked for me. Hope the ache subsides soon - its a good ache lol

Donzy well done not giving into too much temptation, thats one thing I could pass on, not a lover of banana - now chocolate is a completely different story :) Fantastic your able to stick with your 5kg, even with those flys lol

Numnum IBS is awful, I had an ex with it and most of the time he was fine, then it woud just hit him, and he would be on the floor in agony. I hope you manage to get yourself sorted - I guess a few lbs will be lost at that event!

Sue I hope you enjoyed your facial, sounds like a lovely treat :) Our poor hubbys do go through it sometimes, cant say something noce without saying it wrong lol

Hi Sweet tooth glad you have enjoyed reading the thread. Any exercise needs a personal commitment and it needs to be something that you want to do or you can fail. There is no denying what working with kettlebells can do for your body shape. There are some bell workout links on here if it is something you are interested in trying out as you already have your bell

Hi Hollie, Cleogin hope you had a great weekend :)

Back