Secret to shaping up

Core week 1 done. Can now gold the plank, yippee, but the but lift crunch thingy WTF!! ow! Thought I'd do the core as my thighs were still screaming from the resistance! Wasn't as bad as I thought. Building myself up for the cardio on Friday!

Well that's Core Wk1 down, just Resistance to go on Thursday.

Found it so much better than Cardio, not nearly as sweaty but feels like someone has my middle in a vice at the moment so assume its done some good to my core of lard :D

Struggled with the half sit ups. Not so bad on my right side but my left side was hopeless. I just kind of floundered around on the mat! And as for the hip thrust and crunch - well! There was a little bit of abuse for Mr Cheesy, "I know these will be your favourites!" - what a load of crap - or was he being sarcastic? Either way I found them very difficult.

Managed the plank for 2 sets but on the 3rd I couldn't even get up. I wobbled and then collapsed, luckily missing my bell. Not bad going though for an amateur! Did the lot using the 5kg bell.

Laughed at myself at the end. My feet became dyslexic spelling Kettleworx and I ended up with Kelltework! :D

Looking forward to Resistance on Thursday so mainly I can say Wk1 done!

Core week 1 done. Can now gold the plank, yippee, but the but lift crunch thingy WTF!! ow! Thought I'd do the core as my thighs were still screaming from the resistance! Wasn't as bad as I thought. Building myself up for the cardio on Friday!

Hey Rissole - we were "coring" together! I hear ya with the crunch and lift :eek:

Rissole - everyone that's been doing the bells so far has said Cardio Wk1 is the worst. If I can get through it, then anyone can. I haven't exercised in over 20 years and hold most of my weight around my middle which leaves a lot to be desired in the flexibility stakes.

Just remember to breath and keep having a break if needs be. A towel to mop the sweat is also useful :D

yep week 1 cardio is definitely the worst!!! I even preferred week 6 to it & was expecting it to be torture!!!!

Well the results of my inch loss from Kettleworx round 1 is a total of 14 inches broken down as follows

Waist 4"
Hips 4"
upper arms 1.5"
thigh 2.5"
above knee 2.5"

I've restarted again & added bust & back measurements in so will be interested to see how round 2 goes :rolleyes:

yep week 1 cardio is definitely the worst!!! I even preferred week 6 to it & was expecting it to be torture!!!!

Well the results of my inch loss from Kettleworx round 1 is a total of 14 inches broken down as follows

Waist 4"
Hips 4"
upper arms 1.5"
thigh 2.5"
above knee 2.5"

I've restarted again & added bust & back measurements in so will be interested to see how round 2 goes :rolleyes:

Wow Sweet Pink that's fantastic. You must be delighted. :happy096:

Out of interest, did you find you were still losing weight each week or just inches?

sweet pink said:

Waist 4"
Hips 4"
upper arms 1.5"
thigh 2.5"
above knee 2.5"

Ooh I might add knee & back measurements in too

I'm tempted to do cardio tonight, core was good but didn't necessarily feel I got that much of a workout from it.. Saying that I may be very sore tomorrow?! Does anyone else do more than three times a week? If so which one do you do extra?

Waist 4"
Hips 4"
upper arms 1.5"
thigh 2.5"
above knee 2.5"

Sweet, that is fab!!!
You are so inspirational in this thread. I didn't take my measurements at the beginning, but I can notice it it my clothes.
What an acheivement.....well done you
xx

I'm tempted to do cardio tonight, core was good but didn't necessarily feel I got that much of a workout from it.. Saying that I may be very sore tomorrow?! Does anyone else do more than three times a week? If so which one do you do extra?

Did you get the 2 bonus dvd's?? The fast abs & the fast fat burn?? I sometimes do these on in between days if I'm not going out for a jog

Wow Sweet Pink that's fantastic. You must be delighted. :happy096:

Out of interest, did you find you were still losing weight each week or just inches?

My weightloss did stall & slow for a bit but the funny thing was that people who had never commented on my weightloss before were coming up & saying about how much i had lost since they last saw me where in fact it might only have been a few lbs!!! I guess its the inches people see rather than the numbers on the scales that we keep stressing about. Even my GP thought her scales her faulty because she couldnt believe that I wasnt within normal bmi range when in fact I'm only just inside the overweight band. Her reaction when she tried the second set of scales was that she always thought bmi was a load of toodle!!!! :p

My weightloss did stall & slow for a bit but the funny thing was that people who had never commented on my weightloss before were coming up & saying about how much i had lost since they last saw me where in fact it might only have been a few lbs!!! I guess its the inches people see rather than the numbers on the scales that we keep stressing about. Even my GP thought her scales her faulty because she couldnt believe that I wasnt within normal bmi range when in fact I'm only just inside the overweight band. Her reaction when she tried the second set of scales was that she always thought bmi was a load of toodle!!!! :p

Thanks for that. Loving your GP's reaction! Personally speaking, I have to keep losing the weight but also want my clothes to fit better so the inches will help there. Just being greedy by wanting both!

Hey everyone!

Came across this thread early this morning and now not a bit of housework has been done lol I have been totally engrossed for hours!

This is just what I have been looking for. I have started running last week with the B210K app and have been looking for something to firm up the muscles (especially tummy after two c-sections, its more than a little bit flabby - and as for the mothers apron...well you get the idea lol)

Well, you've totally inspired me and I've ordered my kettleworx set from amazon and a 4kg kettle weight,

Bring it on :)

:character00116:Welcome to another Swinger! I'm only just starting off and enjoying it, even the painful bits, and everyone is super supportive on here.

Welcome goodbye-wobbles! I too have had a c section 5months back and my belly not going down like it did with my natural birth, so I'm hoping this works!! Keep us updated x

Goodbye_wobbles! said:
Hey everyone!

Came across this thread early this morning and now not a bit of housework has been done lol I have been totally engrossed for hours!

This is just what I have been looking for. I have started running last week with the B210K app and have been looking for something to firm up the muscles (especially tummy after two c-sections, its more than a little bit flabby - and as for the mothers apron...well you get the idea lol)

Well, you've totally inspired me and I've ordered my kettleworx set from amazon and a 4kg kettle weight,

Bring it on :)

C section here too, left with a nice little front apron that I certainly didnt have after the natural birth of my first littleun. Hopng this does the job too! Good luck, it's really quite fun and i love that it's only 20mins as it makes me keep going as u think that u can't slack off with such a short workout, and so far (I haven't done cardio yet) I actually wished they were a bit longer when they finished! Wash my mouth out!

C section here too, left with a nice little front apron that I certainly didnt have after the natural birth of my first littleun. Hopng this does the job too! Good luck, it's really quite fun and i love that it's only 20mins as it makes me keep going as u think that u can't slack off with such a short workout, and so far (I haven't done cardio yet) I actually wished they were a bit longer when they finished! Wash my mouth out!

I don't! :faint2: :D

Thanks for that. Loving your GP's reaction! Personally speaking, I have to keep losing the weight but also want my clothes to fit better so the inches will help there. Just being greedy by wanting both!

I'm with you on that too :D

Back