Secret to shaping up

Done round 2 of week1 resistance this morning & wondered why I didnt love resistance as much 1st time round. I managed all of it with my 7.5kg bell just had to drop to the 5kg for the punches which I'm ok about as I can now do them easily with the 5kg & I found them hard with it a few weeks back.

Sue I was waiting for the 3rd set too & thought that couldnt possibly be it but its always nice to see the words 'cool down' :D

I need to change down from my 5kg bell to my 3kg for the punches. I'm fine with everything else, its just holding the bell straight out in front of me that causes a really wobbly arm. Figure its best to switch down and do them rather than not bother! :)

I need to change down from my 5kg bell to my 3kg for the punches. I'm fine with everything else, its just holding the bell straight out in front of me that causes a really wobbly arm. Figure its best to switch down and do them rather than not bother! :)

My thought exactly. Hopefully in a few weeks I'll be able to move up :)

On the sky fitness channels I can only seem to fine the infomercial type ones, no workouts!? Am I looking on the wrong place? It's fitness tv?

Check out Fitness TV sky channel 282 at 3pm as it says kettleworx workout is on then. I'm sure its more of an infomercial but there will probably be a workout of some kind on it too :) At least it would give you a taster

Cardio week 1 - DONE!! ruddy Nora! I actually think it wasn't as bad as I was imagining it was going to be, but, having said that- holey moley! I did actually tell Ryan to bugger off (it was a bit harsher than that!) at one stage! And could lunge back very far or as quick but id rather do it slower and try get better form than cause injury, glad it's over!

I've just watched Ryan's How To Workouts on the Fitness TV channel. Actually pretty good for all levels and not a bell in sight! Actually found myself being pulled in and ended up doing the Anti-Fatigue exercises that are supposed to give an energy boost (not sure how folk in the office would react to that at the 3pm slump) and also the Anti-Ageing exercises! Really simple and easy to do but still got the heart pumping.

I think I might be turning into a Ryan Shanahan Groupie!! :8855:

Cardio week 1 - DONE!! ruddy Nora! I actually think it wasn't as bad as I was imagining it was going to be, but, having said that- holey moley! I did actually tell Ryan to bugger off (it was a bit harsher than that!) at one stage! And could lunge back very far or as quick but id rather do it slower and try get better form than cause injury, glad it's over!

It's a shocker, isn't it! And Ryan got quite a bit of abuse from me too when I did it. By the time the lunges came on the 2nd set I couldn't lunge as my legs were so jellified. Still what doesn't kill us makes us stronger and all that jazz :eek::D

Yeah my general thoughts were "glad it's over" after week 1. LOL at you telling him to bugger off :D

I finished week 2 today, really pleased :)

Yeah my general thoughts were "glad it's over" after week 1. LOL at you telling him to bugger off :D

I finished week 2 today, really pleased :)

Hi - how did you find wk2 compared with wk1? Does it noticeably step up and get harder or is it just different moves?

Cat Lover Sue said:
Hi - how did you find wk2 compared with wk1? Does it noticeably step up and get harder or is it just different moves?

I've only done wk2 cardio and I found it easier x

Week 1 cardio is definitely the worst!! I think it was week 3 that the cardio was actually my favourite workout of the 3!!! :eek:

Week 1 cardio is definitely the worst!! I think it was week 3 that the cardio was actually my favourite workout of the 3!!! :eek:

Wash your mouth out, lady!!:D

Doing week 3 cardio o Saturday so will be back with my verdict :D

Hi All :)

Cleogin I still dont get on with lawn mowers lol there good for you but hard work!

Donzy good idea doing left then right.

Numnum hope your little one had a good first day. Yes please to your before pics - we wont look at exposed hubby lol

Gettingfit are you still doing it daily? Sounds like your feeling much better, I want to go on holiday, is it somewhere hot and sunny

Claire Week 2 done :) I forgot about the uneven sets lol that is a pain, I worked out how many reps I could evenly do in the time

Shazz :) size 8 - 10 you are teeny :) Great inch loss, if you keep it up the 10 will disappear lol thats what happened to me! Hubby still flashing your abs to everyone? lol

Chick I wouldnt call it exposed, I would call it inspiring, I am sure we will see more soon :) WI went ok I managed to stay in target - was busting for a wee but needed the extra weight for the scales lol

Stacy hope you can get back on track, if we can help let us know, there are some really good threads and people covering so many different topics your bound to find some motivation. Try and get some 'riptitude' :)

Sparkledpixie look at you go :) Practice the windmill - check out the youtube link - it is a fantastic exercise, always keep back straight, hinge at the hip. Kettlenetics is sounding good, how many workouts does it have?

Sue its just core that has 3 sets, which i always forgot lol Mastered the plank thats fantastic :) I knew Ryan did diet type stuff, will have to look into that energy booster, could do with that lol

Sweet you've got the hang of that 7.5 in no time :)

Rissole week 1 cardio done, it gets easier now lol Keep to form and learn the moves, speed will get there :)

I didn't find it any harder. Just a few new moves added in. I know I keep saying it but week 1 cardio is the worst of all 18 workouts!!! If you can do that you'll manage the rest no prob ;)

Yes Kron doing it daily but no bike or trainer.Don't want to push it as it's getting close to holiday and don't want any injurys.Going to San Francisco and San Diego.:)

Going to do the 6 weeks of kettleworx then when I get back do it again and get back into trainer/bike and walking.:)

Lucky you, I love San Fran - have you been before gettingfit?

Glad you got the results you were hoping for Kron :)

I also found week 2 easier than week 1 cardio( that's not to say it was easier but i think week 1 is just a total shock to the system!) Good luck with week 2 swingers! In a strange way I'm looking forward to cardio 3 on Sat:eek: :D

Cleogin and getting fit you are both flying through it!!

I also cannot do the punches properly with 5kg but don't have a lighter one to switch to, so I just do the best I can with it!! I'm terrible at anything that involves balancng on one leg too :rolleyes:

Back