Secret to shaping up

The early rise is not through choice Kron - I have a flock of seagulls living in my street and they are noisy feckers :D Woke me up at 5am!!! Gits!

Well you've sure earned the right to strutt and you look fab :D:D:D

I always get up early, its really a pain, i would love to have a sleep in one of these days lol I always feel like I could sleep more on Monday mornings when i have to get up for work!

Ditto, it's always the way! You have to scrape me out of bed on a Monday! Anyways better get the cardio done while i'm in the zone! Catch up with everyone soon :D

Hi Chick - Happy belated birthday greetings for yesterday.

Had my WI this morning and I STS. Bit disappointed as I stick rigidly to my ProPoints plan but at least I didn't put on, eh! I'm expecting a mahoosive loss next week!! :)

Thanks Sue :D Try not be too dis-heartened by your STS, as you say least you're not gaining! I'm looking forward to the week when we all have a big old loss!!!

As for the magic bells....I can now tick off Kettleworx 3!! YAY!!!! I still have to stop and have as rest after the odd set of reps! The gunslingers in wk3 cardio are TRICKY! My wee arms were aching afterwards! And as for the push-ups..I managed to do what I would class as ONE FULL PUSH-UP!!(Ryan would probably not agree!):happy036:

Hi sue, sts is much better than a gain, I know we all want to see those scales go down and it will happen :)

Chick week 3 done :) yeah for doing a whole push up, I expect at least 2 next week ;)

Thanks Sue :D Try not be too dis-heartened by your STS, as you say least you're not gaining! I'm looking forward to the week when we all have a big old loss!!!

As for the magic bells....I can now tick off Kettleworx 3!! YAY!!!! I still have to stop and have as rest after the odd set of reps! The gunslingers in wk3 cardio are TRICKY! My wee arms were aching afterwards! And as for the push-ups..I managed to do what I would class as ONE FULL PUSH-UP!!(Ryan would probably not agree!):happy036:

Hey Chick - you know what you need to do, don't ya? "Give yourself a big pat on the back - Good Job" !!! :D

Rissole glad you enjoyed, it does take some practice to get used to them so a few little bruises expected :)

Okay... I've seen this 'kettleworx' word thrown about a bit. I've seen some people have amazing results. I also read, Kron, that you think it's about 60% dieting and that exercise tones and flattens.... i am wondering if kettleworx is for me?

You seem to be the pro, would it be okay for some advice (or from any of you lovely ladies who know kettleworx??!!)

I currently weigh 150.5lbs. I want to get down to 133lbs by the end of October (for my graduation on 2nd Nov). That's 17.5lbs more to lose. I am on the Slimming World diet, and find that I am losing a healthy amount of weight (8.5lbs in total) but i don't do any exercise and feel that my body shape would benefit dramatically from doing exercise to tone it! i want to have less flab and, not really muscle i guess but just not flab lol!!

I am starting my Primary PGCE on Sept 5th, which involves at least 12hr days at Uni (and travelling!) so need exercise that I can fit around that. As i am a student, money is incredibly tight so exercise classes and gyms are a no-go area. i have a wii fit (well, had, its going on ebay tonight to raise money lol) and got bored of it after 3yrs! Was tempted to get an xbox kinect but now this has caught my eye.

Few questions (sorry for going on, and im sure they've been answered before but while i'm on a roll, here goes..)
So it's 3 exercises, 20 mins each. So 1 hour a week. And you do 6 weeks of this.
How much would you expect to lose (either in weight or inches)?

Silly question, but what happens after 6 weeks? Do you move up to a heavier kettlebell? Buy new DVDs? Or could you just start from the beginning?

How much room do you need? I mean, it's swinging an 8kg weight around your head so i assume u need a bit lol but would you need the same room as you can for a wii fit or kinect (about 6ft from the tv). As this is also important in what exercise routine i choose.

As you can see, I'm lost and confused lol. So please help. I see it's about £50 for the set... so need to make sure it's ''for me'' before I get them. Sorry for going on :)

Danni
xxx

Hi Bugs

Kron is defo the pro and no doubt she'll have lots of good advice to offer you but in the meantime here is my advice.....GO FOR IT!!!

Kettleworx is an amazing exercise programme and one of the reasons I love it is that I only have to do it for 20 mins, 3 x per week to see results! I don't have much weight to lose and as a result I have seen pretty quick results( you have looked at my pics, so you know this.) This has also been a major factor in keeping me motivated and sticking with the programme :)

I you were able to do wii fit then you'll have enough room for kettlebells. There is no jumping about or anything so you really don't need much space at all!

The set is pretty pricey but it's worth the money and when you complete the 6 week programme you can start from the beginning and work on improving form and if you wanted to you could buy a heavier bell.( This is what I plan to do and what others have done.)

When I first heard about Kettleworx I was apprehensive about doing weights as I didn't want to look like Arnie lol But Kettleworx gives you a nice toned, 'drawn' in effect and I have found it particularly effect for my abs and love handles!!

You could try going on you tube and looking at some clips to see what you think before investing in the dvds. Ultimately for an exercise programme to work it has to be something you enjoy or you'll give up( Well, that's how I work anyways!)

I'm a primary teacher too so I know how hectic the PGCE year is but I trully feel you could squeeze in 3 sessions and I think it's really good for de-stressing. There is something addictive about swining that bell!!

I'm excited for you...let us know what you decide and best of luck with your teacher training and everything else :)

Hi bugsbunny :)
You don't need much room to use a bell, you will need enough to lie down, so if you have that then all the standing moves will fit in that space
I cannot predict how much weight/inch loss, what I can say is that you will get results
Unfortunately I never did the measure/photo diary, I wish I had, but can tell you that after doing the first couple of weeks I saw a difference, and I feel this is one of the best exercises to lose inches.
The kettleworx DVDs give you 18 workouts, you do 3 a week, each 20 mins long, so when done you can repeat, or randomly select. You will want to up the weight eventually as you become stronger.

I have posted YouTube links if you want to see what it's all about.
I am sure the swingers ;) on here will give you their view
My view is the bells are awesome, and I swear by them x

Chickadee, thanks again for some great advice :) I agree, an exercise is only as good as you make it!! I think, no matter how hard, I would stick to any exercise this time because I really do want to lose this weight and the flab that's dragging me down (literally lol)! Aww it's lovely to hear you're a Primary teacher and you're living to tell the tale (and lookin fab while you do it!) Did you do a PGCE too?
I think I'm definitely going to follow the kettlebell route... just need to decide where to get my bells from lol :) currently searching amazon, argos & ebay for the best price :)

Kron, thanks! Because if I accidentally smashed an 8kg kettlebell into her TV in the Living room, I think she would be having words lol! Thanks for your advice too, I do believe you too about the inches just looking at chickadee's photo progress - it's amazing!

Another question... the three 20mins workouts that you do one a week. Do you have to do the full hour in one go? Or can you break the 20mins up across the week??

Thank you so much for all your kind words and wonderful advice :D you have really helped!!
xxx

If you want to see trully amazing progress you need to check out Krons bikini photo :D:D

Yes I did the pgde in 2009/2010 - I did my probation year last year(that's what we call it in Scotland) and I have just started a new job in a new school so it's all go for me!

OOOffft if you can do the 3 sessions in a row i'd take my hat off to you. It's suggested to have a rest day between each 20 min session to allow for recovery, tbh i needed about three days after I did my very first one LOL!

Glad you're taking the plunge, if you buy Kettleworx and don't like it(which I'm sure won't be the case) you could always sell it on ebay, I checked a few weeks ago and there were loads of people bidding on KW :)

Last edited:
You have Cadio,Core and Resistance dvd's with 6 weeks 20 mins workout on each.Where you do 1 of Cardio,Core and Resistance each week.

So week 1 you do week 1 of cardio on say Monday,week 1 of Core on Wednesday and week 1 of Resistance on Friday.

Then on week 2 you choose 2 and do the same with the others.You do that for 6 weeks.

I'm using a 4kg bell and when I have finished the 6 weeks will do it again with a 5kg.

When getting Kettlebells make sure you get the right weight.They come in lbs or kgs.

Argos do kettlebells.You could get one from there and use youtube until you get comfy doing it or decided it's not for you.You don't have to buy the Kettleworx dvd's.

Thanks :) I had it in my head that for the "magic to work" you had to kill yourself doing the full hour in one go!! :confused:
But now I'm clued up. That makes it easier, as I can spread it across the week and perhaps do it two nights after Uni and then one at the weekend :)

Ah I did see on Argos that Davina sold 3 in a set of 2.5kg, 5kg and 7kg so thought at least I would already have one ready to move up to? But it's £25. I think it might be cheaper to buy them seperately so I can move up gradually e.g. from 5kg to 6kg to 7kg... not skip a whole Kg!

Thank you :) xxx

Oh Chickadee it's like you read my mind - my mum is selling half our possessions on eBay as we speak (R.I.P our Wii lol)! I'm trying to get the OH involved too. He says they're really good and might be something we both do... purely for motivation for me haha :D xxx

Hi Bugsbunny - if you have a big Tesco near you (who doesn't!!) then they are selling cast iron bells pretty cheaply. I got the 5kg for £10 and they also have a 7.5kg for £20. They are easier to handle than the vinyl bells sold in Argos - I initially got the York set but found them a bit too bulky. Then I saw the ones in Tescos. Also got an exercise mat in there for just £7 and its ideal, if you don't already have one.

I loathe any kind of exercise and I'm getting really into KB. :)

Aww thanks sue - yes I was just reading Kron's opinion on the York Vinyl ones and they do look pretty bulky :) will have to go to my local big tesco tomorrow and see if they're there :) would be brilliant! Thank you :) How long have you been doing KB for? Would you say an exercise mat is a good purchase (if i'm honest it never crossed my mind lol i'm such an exercise newbie!)

PS. Sue if that's your cat in your pic, then he/she is a cutie! :eek:)

Hi bugsbunny my hubby uses them, and got into it when he saw my results, he had a bit of a belly, and thats gone now :)

Gettingfit i noticed you changed your profile to 'swinger fan' :) made me smile

Gettingfit, great find :) If you can you will have to post some of the circuits you get
Cant have you settled in a blanket knitting lol I am only a few years behind you and since shaping up will not be hiding the results under a blanket, altho i love my blanket lol

Back