Secret to shaping up

3 weeks ago I couldn't get into a particular pair of jeans. Got them on but the zip was going no-where. Just had a quick try on and got them on and didn't even have to resort to laying on the bed! They went on easy as anything.

Whoop whoop! Even Mr CLS got a cheeky arse grope in when I went to show him. :D

Rather chuffed. :happy036:

Sue :) yeah, so pleased for you, what a great feeling. Watch him, he will start taking liberties lol

Gettingfit I think it would be great to swing outside, I am sure my neighbours wouldn't mind, they have noticed I have shrunk lol

Week 2, core-DONE, resistance - DONE, only cardio to go,,, woop woop! Thinking about getting another DVD for days off Kettleworx, any suggestions? Thanks swingers x

Rissole76 said:
Week 2, core-DONE, resistance - DONE, only cardio to go,,, woop woop! Thinking about getting another DVD for days off Kettleworx, any suggestions? Thanks swingers x

Have you got the other DVDs, or just the core, cardio and resistance? Mine came with fast fat burn and fast abs too...I do those on days off!

If not, Kron has posted some links further back of exercises on YouTube. She's the queen of the Belles, so Kron, if you're reading, help? ;) recommendations?

Thankyou :D

Oh also, I just did week 3 cardio, I mean literally just finished. I got back fro the cinema, then realised I should have done it yesterday but was at work all day. So I did it as soon as I got in from the film.
Reckon I'll sleep well tonight :)

STS this week ... gutted :( only have 1lb to get me in the 10 stone range, lightest i'll have been in years :cry:

NumNumPigsBum said:
STS this week ... gutted :( only have 1lb to get me in the 10 stone range, lightest i'll have been in years :cry:

Were you holding ur belle when u weighed in :eek:) try not to worry I can see a bit of diff in my stomach already so KBs are working, will just take a while fir scales to catch up x

gettingfitat50 said:
Have patience and it will come.I've been trying to get in the 9's for months but still 1/4lb away today.:(

Just done Resistance week 4.:bliss:

I'm still trying to get in the 11's :-( booo

just checked for inchage loss ... pfffft wish I hadn't bothered now. In an even worse mood!! :cry:

I'm going to drown my sorrows in bucketfulls of tea and muller lights!

NumNumPigsBum said:
just checked for inchage loss ... pfffft wish I hadn't bothered now. In an even worse mood!! :cry:

I wa having losses of 2 and 2.5 lb a week, and then I started kettleworx- since then I've STS, gained half...and I'm weighing in today. Your body will catch up, don't worry :)

Aww Piggy - you will get there. I know how you feel. Last week I really wanted to lose another 1lb just so I could say I've lost 30lbs! Daft isn't it. Bet you have a good loss next week and you'll be sailing into the 10s! Don't be disheartened. I shall join you in a bucket of tea and a Nutrigrain Bar!! :D

I would be over the moon to get out of the 14s!!! :eek:

Your body will definitely catch up with the losses. I've had STS for 2 weeks now. The last time that happened when I the scales started moving I lost 4.5lbs in a week so that kind of made up for it. I'm keeping everything crossed thats what will happen again!!!! :eek:

Just think how much better we will look when we do reach our target weights :D

I done week 2 core again with my 7.5kb right through all 3 sets which really pleased me. I know that there are still some moves that I need to drop down to my 5 for but on the otherhand there are a few that I think I could manage to do with a heavier bell :eek: (I can't believe I'm saying that!!!!) The butt elevators for example, I didnt feel as if I had enough resistance with them & the 2 arm swing I think I could manage a bit more too!!! I know I wont be saying that after cardio though ;)

Decided to get me kettlebells from Argos after I return from Las Vegas... bit worried that alot of people are saying it affects your weight loss in a negative way. I mean, I know "muscle weighs more than fat" saying but surely if you're burning calories than you're used to (i don't do ANY exercise now except walking!) then surely you would still be losing weight?

Sweet Pink, did you follow the SW differently on the week you lose 4.5lbs? Maybe more or less syns? Or more or less of a certain plan day? xx

See I thought that :) I've always hid behind the 'muscle weighs more than fat' until I read an article that said it was rubbish lol! Destroyed my whole belief system lol :'( hehe!

How do you find the KB's gettingfitat50? Can you see a difference and is it affecting your weight loss? xx

Decided to get me kettlebells from Argos after I return from Las Vegas... bit worried that alot of people are saying it affects your weight loss in a negative way. I mean, I know "muscle weighs more than fat" saying but surely if you're burning calories than you're used to (i don't do ANY exercise now except walking!) then surely you would still be losing weight?

Sweet Pink, did you follow the SW differently on the week you lose 4.5lbs? Maybe more or less syns? Or more or less of a certain plan day? xx

No I dont think I was any different that week. I did write everything down just to be 100% but I dont go over my syns or waiver off plan very often. The only thing that might have helped, though I dont like saying it as I dont like encouraging others to do it, was the week before I had 1 meal off plan which might have given my metabolism a kick on the backside.

I really want to get my weight down within the normal BMI range but I have to admit that the inches I was losing was more than making up for the pounds that I wasnt. I'm down to a 14 (& they are even starting to get rooomier) at the minute which I dont think I would be was I the same weight without exercise if that makes sense.

Regarding your bells I would definitely try to get a cast iron bell rather than a vinyl as the cast iron are a lot easier to maneouver. I got vinyl in the beginning & couldnt believe how much easier it was when I changed to cast iron :)

Hey!

Im really interested in the kettlebells now after reading so much about them.

When I popped to sainsburys today they had a 2.5kg weight for £8. Im pretty poor until pay day so I have got the 2.5kg weight to have a go at the you tube exercises and to get me started until I get paid.

I just wondered if the 2.5kg is even worth trying with? :) They had a 5kg and it seemed really heavy to me. Thought maybe 2.5kg and you tube to make sure I can get in to the exercise and then move to a 4kg in a few weeks when I am paid and get the kettleworx dvd :)

Ive pretty much answered my own questions here but think I am just looking for some reassurance!

Hope everyone is well!

Hey!

Im really interested in the kettlebells now after reading so much about them.

When I popped to sainsburys today they had a 2.5kg weight for £8. Im pretty poor until pay day so I have got the 2.5kg weight to have a go at the you tube exercises and to get me started until I get paid.

I just wondered if the 2.5kg is even worth trying with? :) They had a 5kg and it seemed really heavy to me. Thought maybe 2.5kg and you tube to make sure I can get in to the exercise and then move to a 4kg in a few weeks when I am paid and get the kettleworx dvd :)

Ive pretty much answered my own questions here but think I am just looking for some reassurance!

Hope everyone is well!

Yes the 2.5kg is definitely worth trying with. I started with a 3kg when I first started & that done me for a few weeks until I was ready to move up. By the time youre finished with your 2.5kg you'll probably be ready for the 5kg & able to skip out the 4kg

Good luck & check out some of the fab links Kron posted earlier in the thread. I think they might be on page 11 :)

apologies for my self indulgent post earlier :( I've given myself a kick up the rear end so hopefully I'm back on track!

Welcome all you new swingers, throw your car keys in the dish and let's get started ;) :giggle:

Hi All :)
I dont have a lot of time at the mo, so will check back later, but wanted to address this weight loss concern.
You may not lose weight (could possibly gain a bit) when you first start any form of resistance type exercise, it is perfectly normal. Your weight loss will catch up in a couple of weeks, as long as your sticking to your eating plan.
A lb of fat takes up about 3 times as much room as a lb of muscle, so toning could see you lose loads of inches without any loss of weight!
We get fixated by a number on the scale, as dieters thats how we progress to our goal.
please do not be disheartened, i promise that as long as your sticking to healthy eating the scale will catch up

Back