Secret to shaping up

gettingfitat50 said:
We want pics.:)

Work went down hill after 5 mins so enjoyed my own company behind the till.If they ever review the cctv they are going to ask some questions.lol

Got home and all was going well until I received a phone call so the morning has been all down hill.:(

Just went out to sit on bench for some fresh air and watch the fish when next door decided to let the kids out so they were screaming and now the girl is crying.Fingers cross they will go back in.:)

Aww no hope everything's ok, xxx

Sue, Thanks, you are soo kind. I'm massively proud of what I have achieved so far & am determined to get to where I want to be weight/size wise. I shudder when I look at my starting pics so for once tomorrow I am looking forward to getting my pic taken. I will definitely upload pics on thursday :)

Gettingfit, I'm sorry to hear about your family crisis and hope you are ok. I can sympatheise with you abut the noise of next doors kids. I'm always paranoid about mine making too much noise & disturbing the neighbours.. sending hugs your direction :)

Gettingfit I hope everything will be ok, thinking of you x

The CCTV bit made me laugh :)

Hi All
I have posted some core links previously, so can repost to all that are interested in doing a little bit more :) A few swings, squats and presses to warm up, throw a couple in, quick stretch - done!

Donzy I have the advanced and he keeps pushing you :) Hope your being a good girl so santa knows what to bring you lol. Week 2 done, if your seeing it, its happening, roll on week 3 :) but no more pizza lol. Hope you can get that push up soon
Jake likes swinging - awesome :)

Sue mastering the planks :) and only week 2 your doing so well. I have to do them when I get in or else it just wont happen lol

Sweet :) Hope you have a fantastic time at the wedding - hows the dress fit? This is 'the' dress moment??? You must feel like a totally different person from you a year ago so happy and pleased for you x Even if your going a bit strange and liking cardio lol We want pics :)

Getting fit, sorry to hear about your family crisis, really hope it all works out for the best.

Sweet, can't wait to see your pics :D Bet everyone will be amazed when they see how much progress you have made with your weight/inch loss! Have a fab time at the wedding!

Gettingfit, you better watch those security camera vids don't end up on YOU TUBE lol :D

Jake likes swinging - Lol Seems soooo wrong for the name of a kids prog!!!

Last edited:
Kron, the dress fits like a glove & i have a wee bit of room in it!!!! YOu know how I stressed about what size to get & whether or not it would fit!!!

Gettingfit, I'm sorry to hear of the problems you are having. I never understand why some think they are entitled to more than others. I hope you get it sorted soon.

Chick, I'm actually looking forward to getting some pics up though I dont think I'm brave enough for bikini ones just yet!!

Chick lol the producers must have had a tongue in cheek moment :)

Gettingfit it's a shame that family members can show true colours in times like this. Hope it gets resolved quickly

Sweet I can't wait to see your pics, that dress is so well deserved, strut your stuff :)

Getting Fit - sorry to hear that. Can only echo what the others have all said. Rise above if you can. You can always vent on here and The Bells are excellent stress relievers (and weapons :) !)

Well, I had a little practice with my (lame) 2.5kg bell on the you tube clips... Loved it! I think my technique will take a little time and hope I got the basics right, now just for payday and a 4kg bell and kettleworx dvds :)

Excited!

girlandthesea said:
Well, I had a little practice with my (lame) 2.5kg bell on the you tube clips... Loved it! I think my technique will take a little time and hope I got the basics right, now just for payday and a 4kg bell and kettleworx dvds :)

Excited!

I got a 5kg one from tesco direct for £ 10 x

Week 5 Resistance done.....I really enjoyed it :D....but was really really sweating after.
Still can't do the push ups, but I give my all with knee ones and just accept that i'm weak ;)

Looking forward to core this week. Have definitely noticed that I sit up straighter and walk a bit straighter....am assuming thats through the tightening of the ab muscles.

Cleogin said:
Week 5 Resistance done.....I really enjoyed it :D....but was really really sweating after.
Still can't do the push ups, but I give my all with knee ones and just accept that i'm weak ;)

Looking forward to core this week. Have definitely noticed that I sit up straighter and walk a bit straighter....am assuming thats through the tightening of the ab muscles.

I think I feel taller and straighter too! Did a walk today and felt lighter on my feet. Lovely! Completed week 2, roll on week 3!!

Just read some of the four hour body and one of the main features was how a kettlebell can totally transform your body and that if u were basically going to do any one form of exercise the kettlebell swing was the one to do and only twice a week, very interesting!

Hi All
I have the afternoon off :) and more importantly actually got out of the office on time lol. So dog is walked, and will have some quiet time before hitting the housework!

girlandthesea glad you enjoyed your play with your baby bell, you will have the technique down by the time you order your dvds :)

Cleogin on week 5 already, those push ups will come lol Developing core strength will improve posture, I always used to say if i was 7 foot tall I would be slim lol

Rissole week 2 done, breezing through it :) The swing works all muscle groups and gives you a cardio workout when doing high reps. When I started looking into exercising I completed extensive research - well it was a lot easier researching than actually doing it lol and was totally impressed with what i found out about kbs :)

fat-v-muscle.jpg

Found this on someones post - good huh :) Both weigh the exact same, but huge difference in size

Kron said:
Found this on someones post - good huh :) Both weigh the exact same, but huge difference in size

Wowsers!! So what exactly does your workout routine look like at the moment Kron? I know you started with kettleworx, and do some of the YouTube vids, but how many days a week do u swing? Which workouts do u use at the moment ie do you do kettleworx 3 times and a certain other one on other days or do you just do some swings, if so how many and what weight are you on now? Do you find it almost easier with a heavier weight doing the standard two hand swing? So many questions sorry, just wondering how much your doing these days and which ones in particular.. Thanx

Hi rissole :)
Currently i go to kb class on a Monday and Wednesday evening. These classes have only been around for a couple of months. I then 'play' with my 10 on weekends - this can be a variety of routines. i have a few more kb dvds which i work through, could be a random pick of kettleworx, abs or freestyle where i just do what i fancy
When i started i used kettleworx 3 times a week, then week 3 started doing it every other day. At the end of the 6 week programme I bought kettleworx advanced and another which started my small collection. I used to do kbs 3 or 4 times a week, now its normally just 3 but I am at target weight and a size 6 so dont have to do too much exercise to loose weight, i just love how the bells have toned and shaped my body
I started witha 10lb (4.5kg) bought with kettleworx, and have progressed to a 6kg, then 8kg, now a 10kg. I now prefer the 10 for swings, windmills etc i feel alot more stable - but not doing the gunslingers with it lol i like how i have a range of weights to choose from and will pick and mix pending on the exercise i am doing. i take my 8 to class, just because i dont like the york ones that are there for use.
Hope i have answered all your questions :)

Kron the gunslingers are tough aren't they?! I can barely do them with my 5 kg, they kill me but feel good for doing them :D

Well I have a date with Ryan and wk4 core tonight :D Hoping there will be some nice new moves I haven't done yet!

Can't believe it's Thursday tomorrow, dunno about everyone else but my week is FLYING in!!

Enjoy your date with Ryan, I have a date with Sam (kb class) and hope he is not feeling too energetic lol

Enjoy!!:D

I have a date with a Tesco Lighter Choices Chicken Pasta Bake, a massive salad followed by strawberries. Oh and perhaps a cheeky cheese course of a Baby Bel lite!!!

Phew I know how to live the high life!! :D

Have a good night whatever you're planning, Swingers!! My date is with Ryan tomorrow night once Chick's finished with him! :eek::D

Back