Secret to shaping up

Sweet for me lunges are a killer lol
Fantastic on getting on so well with those ab moves. Be very controlled on your down moves too really help the lower abs strengthen up, you have had children, so they need a bit of help :)
I fell on my butt soooo many times trying to do that get up lol, still quite wobbly, but like to add it in
Have you tried the deck one yet :)

Kron said:
The advanced has new moves and seemed to me was a quicker pace, I was knackered lol
With other dvds you don't get the number of workouts as you do with kw, they are either a set routine running for 45mins and up, they have a minute rest break after each set you do which normally comprises of one move, or short combo moves that has a few all over body workouts which can be done in 5 - 15mins
I have both types, I like that I can throw a workout in in 5 mins, and enjoy doing longer routines which gives a few more moves to complete

Other than KW what is your other favourite DVD?

Sweet for me lunges are a killer lol
Fantastic on getting on so well with those ab moves. Be very controlled on your down moves too really help the lower abs strengthen up, you have had children, so they need a bit of help :)
I fell on my butt soooo many times trying to do that get up lol, still quite wobbly, but like to add it in
Have you tried the deck one yet :)

A bit of help???? lol My abs need A LOT of help :eek: I tried the deck move & did get up but I was extremely wobbly!! Something more to work on at least!!! I do love a challenge

For the decks use your heaviest bell, and concentrate on planting your feet straight and keeping knees in line this will give you the foundation for completing it

Rissole
Art of Strength for dedicated moves in sets about 45 mins long, I have lent this one out, I think it's Providence, but will check but can say that any of this series should be good
Paul Katama Kombos this one challenges me but i havent done it much yet lol some of the ab moves come from this DVD
Practical Kettlebell training for really quick workouts
Pavel :) god of the bells, I have his From Russia with Tough Love which is for the ladies, and want more of his which are manly on my wish list

I'm still laughing at Rissole's hubbie calling Ryan "Hand Shandy"!! Classic. Night all. xx Work tomorrow. Boooooo!

Thanks so much for the advice Kron, I wish you could hire these DVDs to see which ones you prefer, save spending a fortune to figure out which one you like x

As promised.... Measurement time end of wk 3 lost 4lb on scales and:

Bust: 1/2 inch
Chest/back: 2 in
Waist: 1 in
Hips: 2 1/2 in
Thighs; 1 1/2 in
Arms: 1/2 in

Morning all! You are all making me feel bad today. All this talk of extra exercises and being able to do hardcore moves! I'm a snivelling wreck this morning and have abandonned doing Zumba today. The beloved boy child has shared his lurgy with me and I feel absolutely rotten! :cry: I wish I could just crawl into bed for the day but eldest littley has an eye test at the hosp this morning (her little sis has horrific sight and a really bad squint so they keep an eye on the others in case it pops up), then I have to take her to school and pick middle littley up from my folks, then I'm off to my friends as her littley is 1 today (how time flies), then home to cook dinner, then off to the supermarket for the weekly shop. :cry: :cry: :cry: I don't wanna!!!!

Morning All

Well I did week 5 cardio and week 6 core last night. Boy was I shattered after!

Absolutely hated those knee lift things where you raise the bell and then bring across to touch your knee.....yuk yuk! called Ryan a few names then.

Really enjoyed Core 6, except those darn side leg raise things :eek:, I just find them amazingly awkward!

I'm like Sweet with the plank I love it as it gives me a rest.....also it's the part I notice a real good improvement on.

Keep up the good work swingers :):)

As promised.... Measurement time end of wk 3 lost 4lb on scales and:

Bust: 1/2 inch
Chest/back: 2 in
Waist: 1 in
Hips: 2 1/2 in
Thighs; 1 1/2 in
Arms: 1/2 in

That's fab Donzy!!!! Well done!

I think I must be doing something wrong as my arms and legs haven't budged :(

How do you feel now you know the magic number?

NumNumPigsBum said:
That's fab Donzy!!!! Well done!

I think I must be doing something wrong as my arms and legs haven't budged :(

How do you feel now you know the magic number?

My thigh are massive compared to urs though 28inches! Really pls with loss especially on my hips it's amazing considering only 4lbs on scales! X

Ps i've not done any hardcore moves yet either, gonna survive this 6wks then get in the hardcore ones.
Hope u feel better soon x

Numnums, hope your days runs as smoothly as it possibly can & that youre feeling better soon.

Donzy, fab results!!!!!!! Well done..

Well this morning I have 'extreme ab ache' after yesterdays mamoth session!!! My own fault really & then I started playing again last night showing hubby some of krons moves. Wouldnt be as bad if I didnt have the dreaded cardio to do this afternoon but I guess I'll just have to soldier on!!! No pain no gain & all that!!!! :(

You guys are machines! I'm with Donzy and just going to get through the 6 weeks and then take it from there. Can't wait to do my measurements at the end. Hope they're impressive! :)

Clairebear1000 said:
Week 4 core this morning- totally wasn't expecting the third set! D'oh!

Me too! Did week 4 resistance, then felt ok so thought I'd do week 4 core too, nearly had heart attack when Set 3 popped up! That'll teach me!

Oh I really am suffering after yesterdays antics!!!! :eek: Week 3 cardio was a struggle though I got through it with my 7.5kg just dropping to the 5kg for the boxing punches & the gunslinger. I did pause between sets though for a wee breather!!! :eek:

** note to self... NEVER get carried away with new moves the day before cardio!!!!!!**

Wow Donzy, that's amazing :) you must feel over the moon with those results!!

Today, I will officially begin the Kettleworx training :) I don't know if starting it mid-week is a good idea, but i've only just had time to chill since Las Vegas!!
I have the Davina kettlebells - 2.5kg, 5kg, 7.5kg -- oh my gosh the 7.5kg i don't think i'll ever get to use! It's ridiculous, I can barely lift it lol!! The 5kg isn't too bad but think i'll struggle with some moves. The 2.5kg feels okay but scared i won't be pushing myself enough.

I need you lovely ladies advice please? Should I only use one weight (e.g. 2.5kg) for the entire 6 weeks? Then move up? Or move up when I'm ready? If I already find one move easy with the 2.5kg should I use the 5kg for that one already? Silly questions I know, just want to get good results without causing harm to myself lol!

I'm going to follow the 6 week kettleworx, so i can tick off every week :)!

Will even post before/during/after pics... even just as inspiration to myself... just hope they don't gross you out too much hehe - will post later :) xxx

Today, I will officially begin the Kettleworx training :) I don't know if starting it mid-week is a good idea, but i've only just had time to chill since Las Vegas!!
I have the Davina kettlebells - 2.5kg, 5kg, 7.5kg -- oh my gosh the 7.5kg i don't think i'll ever get to use! It's ridiculous, I can barely lift it lol!! The 5kg isn't too bad but think i'll struggle with some moves. The 2.5kg feels okay but scared i won't be pushing myself enough.

I need you lovely ladies advice please? Should I only use one weight (e.g. 2.5kg) for the entire 6 weeks? Then move up? Or move up when I'm ready? If I already find one move easy with the 2.5kg should I use the 5kg for that one already? Silly questions I know, just want to get good results without causing harm to myself lol!

Will even post before/during/after pics... even just as inspiration to myself... just hope they don't gross you out too much hehe - will post later :) xxx

Hiya

I started with my 4, but after a week or two I felt it wasn't as challenging on some of the moves so I got a 6. Now I tend to stick to my 6 but I swing back to 4 for boxing, gunslingers etc. I am going to repeat the 6 weeks, but starting with my 6 this time and then increasing to an 8.
Ultimately it's what is comfortable for you :)
Enjoy
xx

I would use a mixture of the weights as you'll find you will be able to do some of the moves such as the swings with a heavier bell whereas others like the gunslinger you'll need a lighter one. Start with what you feel comfortable with a then as it gets easier move to a heavier weight.

When I done the programme first time round I started with a 3kg & after a few weeks moved onto a 4kg then a 5kg about midway. The last week I got a 7.5kg & started using it which is what I mostly use now. Good luck with the programme :)

I agree with all of the above. I started with the 5lb bell I got with my dvd's and used that for a full week to get a feel for it. Then I moved up to a 5kg but still used the 5lb for the punches. Now I can use the 5kg for everything. I still find it challenging though but I think perhaps within the next 2 weeks I'll get a 6 or 7.5kg for the swings and squats. You might discover you're Arnies secret twin though and be able to handle a bigger weight :)

Back