Secret to shaping up

Yep me too, started with a 5kg as they forgot to deliver my 5lb with my DVDs, now onto 7.5 kg for alot if exercises, but drop to 5kg if too difficult. Even dropped to 5lb for the gunslingers, ouchy!!!!

Well after my pity post today I felt like a lazy slob. Despite my horrific day, instead of driving to pick my daughter up from the school bus I decided to walk the mile-ish. Well I actually jogged :eek: Wasn't fantastical and didn't manage all the way (about half) but I was still pleased with myself. Feel rotten now but smug and rotten :giggle:

Wow sweet pink 7.5kg :eek: you must be so strong!! I crumble like a piece of paper when I pick that bad-boy up haha!! Thanks for the advice everyone! I thought it made sense... stupid OH confusing me lol... so thanks! Think i'll start with 2.5kg for my first session and then see where I am at.

All set to start the workout - i think.

1) i'm starving, haven't eaten today yet, would you recommend eating before the workout or should i just leave it knowing it's only 20mins long?

2) which should i start with? I know this is a "what came first the chicken or the egg" kinda question lol but I dunno which one to start with. I hear Cardio is the most challenging... should I throw myself into the deep end?

Thanks for all the great advice guys. You are all an inspiration!! xx

Donzy wow i didnt expect that much lossage :) well done, you should be hugely happy with that start - and the hips and thighs are shrinking, I have to say 28inch thighs are a challenge, is that after you lost your 1 1/2?

Rissole, I know what you mean to have the chance to try before you buy. Generally routines are quite well explained, and I believe some people are better at the craft than others. The ones I listed will be good, but it will depend on the length of workout. You can always get one and continue with KW, get a wish list going for birthdays and christmas, and the odd treat. oooh resistance and core I never did two sessions together lol

Numnum booo your not feeling good hope you start feeling better soon, impressive actually jogging even if it was only half way when your feeling ill, hope you feel more smug than rotten :)

Cleogin - the pineapple move lol you gave it some doing two in one session hope your not too achy :)

Gettingfit you werent kidding about being in holiday mode lol, hope you enjoyed your snooze :)

Sweet I did wonder how you would get on lol, give them a bit of a rest for a couple of days before you try them again, you did great even attempting to do cardio after your session yesterday - i hope hubby was impressed

Sue I am sure you will get some good inch loss :)

Claire haha it got me every time, doesnt matter how many times I throw a kw core on, always think its done after set 2 :)

Bugs good to see you back and raring to go :) personally i would say give it a go with your 5, dropping down as needed but you need to see how you feel when you do it. You must eat or your body will go into starvation mode, I find it difficult having anything to eat before i work out, but thats me! I also cannot do it on a competely empty stomach i.e. first thing in the morning, even your 2.5 will be challenging for your body when you get started, so make sure you have some good fuel to get you through whichever one you start with :)

I am off to class - havent really worked out properly since last Wed so expect i will be sweating and cursing this evening and looking forward to getting back home again lol

Bugs good to see you back and raring to go personally i would say give it a go with your 5, dropping down as needed but you need to see how you feel when you do it. You must eat or your body will go into starvation mode, I find it difficult having anything to eat before i work out, but thats me! I also cannot do it on a competely empty stomach i.e. first thing in the morning, even your 2.5 will be challenging for your body when you get started, so make sure you have some good fuel to get you through whichever one you start with

Hey Kron,

Yeah, even without stuffing my face too much in Vegas, my SW diet has gone out the window slightly this week (we will see the effects of that at Saturday's weigh in :sigh: ) but I bought my Kettlebells and have the 6 week DVD and hopefully i will be able to stick to it. (£25 on kettlebells, my mum will kick em up the backside if I don't lol!)

I did my first Cardio. Dear heavens that nearly killed me... to the point where it ended and i had walked away to put my KB down and heard Ryan say there was still one more stretch.... - i was ready to lob my KB back at him - and it was only a ''pat on the back'' lol! As far as all over work outs go, this ticked all the boxes!! I honestly cannot do a press up, not even the ''lady'' version so wasn't goo there. I can totally feel it in my legs though!! In a strange way, I'm excited to see what Core & resistance will be like this week too!

So will do Core on Friday, and Resistance either Saturday morning after weigh in or Sunday. I know I should take a break but I start Uni on monday and don't wanna ache too much before then... or should I just leave it til Sunday?? Ah I have a few days to decide! I can see why you ladies have had such amazing results, and I hope, along with SW diet, and alot of kicks up the bottom from my family and boyfriend, that I can stick to it and get great results too :)

Oh and I used the 5KG bell, but i have no upper body strength so dropped down to the 2.5KG for some and then used the 2.5kg for the second set and the rest of the DVD then :). I can't wait for that eureka moment when the 5KG is all I use and it gets too easy :eek: I think i'd be overjoyed lol!

I will upload my ''before picture'' with measurements and current weight later on. But right now, I need to eat (yes, I didn't eat before, oops, and now dinner is only an hour away lol so just a bowl of noodles for me I think :)) xxx

Sounds like you done excellent Bugsbunny!!! Well done for getting that nasty cardio out of the way first. Honestly there isnt another workout as bad as week 1 cardio so if you manage that you'll manage them all!!!! :D

I'm by no means strong. Kron will remember how I struggled with a 3kg when I started :eek:

Hi

I am new to s.w and I had been loosing around 3lbs a week and then 2 weeks ago I went bakc to the gym. maybe 3/4 times a week and all I have done is put 3lbs on each week? Should I give up on the gym?

Hi

I am new to s.w and I had been loosing around 3lbs a week and then 2 weeks ago I went bakc to the gym. maybe 3/4 times a week and all I have done is put 3lbs on each week? Should I give up on the gym?

Hi Nibble,

Sometimes when you take up excerise your body can have a temporary gain but stick to the exercise & the scales will catch up in a few weeks. Just remember though that by exercising you are toning up & losing inches which is what people see rather than the numbers on the scales plus it is soo good for you.

Good luck

Hi Bugs you did really well using your 5 then dropping down, we all seem to think cardio week 1 is a killer lol. Hope you get on track with SW, being good for a shortish period of time will pay dividends in the end. I am looking forward to your stats :) see how you go, it is recommended to have a day off in between but it shouldn't be bad for you if you don't!

Haha Sweet you did struggle at the start but look at you now, no way would you have dreamed of doing it with a 7.5. Poor Shazz she started with 7.5 that was a shock when we found out lol :)

Nibble it is possible to put on weight when starting exercise, especially strength developing routines but this should only be for a short period, as long as your eating right you will lose.

gettingfitat50 said:
Woop woop woop.

Week 6 Resistance done.:bliss:

Just got week 6 Cardio to do then weigh in on Fri with maybe a new pic and measurements.:)

Been using my 4kg so after holiday I'm going to do it all again with my 5kg.:)

That power nap did you good I see :)
Countdown to holiday has nearly ended lol wow all done, but not for long, and back with your 5.
So looking forward to seeing your results
When do you jet away?

Totally off topic but I'm soo excited I just had to tell someone but I have been clearing out all my clothes that didnt fit me anymore & putting some of the good ones on ebay... tonight so far I have made.... wait for it..... £80!!!!!!! :eek: So now I'm off to amazon to treat myself to a garmin forerunner to shout at me when I'm running like Mr Cheesy shouts at me when I'm doing the bells!!!!!!

Sweet that's fantastic what a good idea and what a great treat for yourself. Do you have much of a wardrobe left now you have had a clear out lol
Hope your garmin comes quickly so you can get shouted at more lol

Sounds like you done excellent Bugsbunny!!! Well done for getting that nasty cardio out of the way first. Honestly there isnt another workout as bad as week 1 cardio so if you manage that you'll manage them all!!!! :D

I'm by no means strong. Kron will remember how I struggled with a 3kg when I started :eek:

Haha thank you so much for saying that, cos the only thing getting me through cardio was the thought that it WAS the worst one so the next two sessions would be easy peasy in comparison hehe!
My gosh do I feel it working though - tried to bend down for a bowl earlier and couldn't get back up. My legs feel like jelly lol!!
I liked that I used to 5kg for the ''easier'' moves, but will deffo be on 2.5kg for the rest of the week at least! Until I actually have some strength in my arms.

Only thing I couldn't do was the press up thing (can't remember official names lol). I can't do a press up anyway, not even the 'lady' version on the knees so will need to learn how to do that first!

Oh and how much does the seating position and holding the bell in front of you hurt, woah, i will be feeling that for the next week thats for sure lol!!

Glad i've lost my kettlebell-ginity though :) xxx

Gettingfit are you all organised and ready to pack. 2 weeks of warm sunny weather, wining and dining will be heavenly. We will be good while your away promise lol

Sweet that's fantastic what a good idea and what a great treat for yourself. Do you have much of a wardrobe left now you have had a clear out lol
Hope your garmin comes quickly so you can get shouted at more lol

Kron, that was just 1 dress (buy it now) & a bid on a 2nd which doesnt end until sunday!!! If I get enough I might treat myself to a wee ipod shuffle too but dont tell my hubby!!!! What I really should be doing is buying some more clothes coz EVERYTHING is getting loose again but I really loved the idea of the garmin so it won!!!! I'll try to shrink a bit more before I buy anymore clothes!!! Going to have another mad ebaying session tomorrow to see what else i have hiding in there!!!!!

Woop woop woop.

Week 6 Resistance done.:bliss:

Just got week 6 Cardio to do then weigh in on Fri with maybe a new pic and measurements.:)

Been using my 4kg so after holiday I'm going to do it all again with my 5kg.:)

Wooo :D congrats! Deffo need a new pic, and good luck with the weigh in on Friday! The fact you are still excited even on week 6 makes me feel optimistic about KBs after my first tiring session lol :) Oooh where are you going on holiday?

Totally off topic but I'm soo excited I just had to tell someone but I have been clearing out all my clothes that didnt fit me anymore & putting some of the good ones on ebay... tonight so far I have made.... wait for it..... £80!!!!!!! So now I'm off to amazon to treat myself to a garmin forerunner to shout at me when I'm running like Mr Cheesy shouts at me when I'm doing the bells!!!!!!

Oohh sweet, my mum and I have been ebay-ing for months, it's brilliant!! Getting rid of all those old clothes is a great idea, means you will never go back :)

Hi Bugs you did really well using your 5 then dropping down, we all seem to think cardio week 1 is a killer lol. Hope you get on track with SW, being good for a shortish period of time will pay dividends in the end. I am looking forward to your stats see how you go, it is recommended to have a day off in between but it shouldn't be bad for you if you don't!

Thanks Kron,

I feel like if I'm gonna sweat my butt off doing these moves, I may as well go the whole hog and use a decent weight :) but some moves are just toooo hard with the 5kg for me at the moment lol! Maybe by week 3 or 4 haha!

xx

Haha bugs your officially a swinger now :)
Most people can't do push ups as you need all over body strength to perform them well, so it's going to be interesting to see how you get on.
Sometimes a heavier bell is easier on some moves like swings, and you still need to get used to the feel of it
Hope your not too achy tomorrow :)

Haha i'm glad to be part of the club ;)

And I am dreading the ache tomorrow... it already hurts to type haha! Hopefully my OH will get in on all the swinging fun and seeing him in pain too will make me feel better lol!! I mean that in a loving way of course hehehe xx

Sweet back to the baggy look eh lol, take my advice and don't buy too much until you stop shrinking :) good luck with eBay hope you get enough pennies for lots of treats, you deserve them x

Wk1 Cardio claims another victim with Bugs! Well done on getting through it with the 5kg. Very impressed and you will soon build your strength up. Honestly I do wonder why wk1 cardio is so horrendous. I imagine it must put a lot of folk off if they start with that one. Luckily as a group we were pre-warning each other so it wasn't quite so bad.

Well another day gone. Wk3 Resistance for me tomorrow evening after work. And then I'm officially half way through. Whoop whoop!!

Night Swingers! :)

Back