Secret to shaping up

I've just realised I've lost in weight the amount my kettlebell weighs!!! How fab is that I'm swinging with 5kg of unwanted fat!!! X

My eyes they burn!!! And what in the name of God is happening with his hair on both of those photos? :eek:

Just done Wk3 Resistance. It was really good and enjoyable. Made even better by the absence of any planks! In fact I could do every single move and didn't have to have half the breather pauses I normally do. I AM a machine, god-damit!

Right going to have my tea, watch Enders and Torchwood and then perhaps paint myself with Cuprinol and try and recreate Mr C's amazing body transformation :D:8855:

His hair??! what about his DODGY fake tan! OMG he needs to lay off the st tropez!!! I must say he has an impressive physique( and before anyone lowers the tone I'm talking about his muscles :) )

Donzy, WOW!!!! Amazing inch and weight loss, get photos up immediately ;) You too Clairebear and gettingfit LOL

Gettingfit you're so lucky that your weekend has started, all I can say is ROLL ON 3PM TOMORROW!!!

Numnum glad you are feeling better and I'm extremely flattered that you were going to leave me your irn bru!:D

Due to an extremely busy week I've only managed core from wk5 - hoping to catch up and complete it over weekend!

Week 4 completed with the cardio tonight. Anyway else start to panic when he didn't show the set 1, set 2, started thinking set 1 was going to go forever and I wouldn't be able to do set 2, when the cool down popped up, thank god!!!

Rissole76 said:
Week 4 completed with the cardio tonight. Anyway else start to panic when he didn't show the set 1, set 2, started thinking set 1 was going to go forever and I wouldn't be able to do set 2, when the cool down popped up, thank god!!!

U know I just assumed I'd missed it when it said set 2! X

Numnum I would normally hope your feeling better, but I get Ben so what more can I say :) Glad to hear cardio 3 went well and your able to keep up with it all, and happy to hear Ben is feeling a bit better

Sweet lol I had to go get my glasses to check it was him, then comparing with gettingfits link showing his before pics he definatley shaped up :)

Hi Kerryathome, welcome. I have posted some dvds a short while back so will need to dig the post out for you to have a look at. I have also posted some basic youtube tutorial moves which you can have a practice with as you have your bell already :)

Donzy 3 whole push ups in just a few weeks thats great, those arms of your are definately coming along nicely :) You will have to carry your bell around with you for a day just to remind yourself of how much weight that feels like!

Gettingfit my weekend starts now, off work tomorrow I really hope i get to sleep in lol Another one a bit too interested in Mr Cs 'bit down there' its only an ankle sock at the most lol

Bugs how did you feel today?

Sue hmmm even thinking of him dressing up now, slightly stalkerish behaviour lol, omg looking at those pics and links, I think he should be strutting compared to his before pics! Have to agree about the hair. Seem to be progressing well if your able to pause for breathers less :)

Claire thats great to hear you think you are seeing a difference :)

Cleogin wow 7.5 ready :) that is really going to get you disappearing, now we just have to get you to wear some figure hugging clothes to show off your progress

Chick will be 3pm before you know it, if I hadnt gone to SW for WI tonight I think i would still be at work! lol Dont most teenagers look that colour now! :)

Rissole Week 4 done :) I dont remember week 4 being continuous, but there again my memories are of being sprawled on the floor thinking what have i let myself into lol

Kron I think you should do a youtube tutorial!!

Thanks for the warning. Will be doing it on Sunday morning and I would have probably been crying thinking would set 1 never end! :D

Bugs how did you feel today?

Hahaa I don't have to describe the pain I'm in to you ladies.. you've been there, done that and got the "I'm a kettleworx machine" t-shirt!! But I literally have to throw myself onto the couch to sit down my legs are so sore lol stupidly kept forgetting things earlier and had to go up & down the stairs about 6 times!! But I'm sure it will get better after a few more sessions (please tell me it gets better?!! lol)
I'm feeling it all in the tops of my thighs above my knees, and my arms... not really my stomach... is this wrong? Maybe I wasn't tensing my stomach enough during cardio week 1 yesterday??!!

Going to do Core week 1 tomorrow. My poor OH is getting back from New York tomorrow and i won't even be able to lift my arms to hug him hahaha!! All in the name of the perfect body eh ;) lol

any tips or what to expect from week 1 core? xx

haha Chick you should know i am technology challenged, i thought i had done well getting photos on here, wouldnt know where to start with youtube :)

Bugs the achy feeling will go away after a short while :)
How long has bf been away, i bet it will be good to see him again, and i am sure you will mange to give him a huge hug :)
The first time i did kb class i was using my arms to help me go up and down the stairs so know how you feel, but I must admit to liking the feeling after a workout lol

hi Kron,

wanted to ask your advice on starting and best DVD to use

so which of the dvds will give me a shortish, no running or jumping (I'm like you that I don;t enjoy that guff) well instructed workout.

kerry i have found my post for youtube tutorials on page 12 post number 178 if you want to have aplay with your bell :)

I am still looking for a couple of posts with dvd options at a range of prices £10 - £30 - at the rate i am going it will be quicker to relist lol

I'm feeling it all in the tops of my thighs above my knees, and my arms... not really my stomach... is this wrong? Maybe I wasn't tensing my stomach enough during cardio week 1 yesterday??!!

Hi, I'm sure you did it fine, it sounds like you have enough aches and pains. Maybe you already have strong abs or maybe they will be challenged more in other workouts.

Also, I have found that it gets easier to think about my stomach as weeks go by. at the start I just concentrated on doing the moves. All my life, I never understood how to "squeeze my abs" or "concentrate on form" during exercise. I used to kind of hold my breath, suck my tummy in and hope that would do (holding breath doesn't last very long though!!). While I certainly don't have a six pack, I have found that I am more "in tune" with my stomach now. I do kettleworx in front of a mirror which I find helpful. If someone wanted to feel my abs now, I can tense them. Could never do that before. And now I appreciate the difference between "belly button in" and holding my breath.

I wonder if anyone else can relate to this.

Bugsbunny, I understand your pain!!! I'm still in pain after doing Krons ab busters!!!!! Admittedly its a nicer pain today but am hoping to try them again (only this time in moderation :eek:) tomorrow after resistance!!! If you dont hear from me all weekend you'll know I'm too sore to type!!!!!! :D

Biggy totally! I had absolutely no core muscles, my mid section was quite round :) so it was nigh on impossible to suck it in, even if I held my breath lol like you I found this ability to clench and well.... It just got better and better -abs of steel now :)
Hope you try out some of the ab exercises, will give you some concentrated time to focus on working these muscles, please breathe when doing them, out at the top of the move

I have a blank wall in the spare room where i swing, what a great idea to get a mirror put up, I wonder about my form esp when trying new moves - will scribble that down on birthday wish list

Ladies please lmao, anyone would think that exercising increases libido lol

Bugs the achy feeling will go away after a short while :)
How long has bf been away, i bet it will be good to see him again, and i am sure you will mange to give him a huge hug :)
The first time i did kb class i was using my arms to help me go up and down the stairs so know how you feel, but I must admit to liking the feeling after a workout lol

Oh i'm glad you've said that!! Think I'll do core tomorrow then have a long soak in the bath, rest those muscles i've been gaining haha! He is a flight attendant for Virgin, so i'm used to him flying across the world and back lol. He's only been going since Weds this time though and i'll see him tomorrow night. He's said he's proud i started my first kettleworx too :D i liked the feeling of accomplishment. The aches? Not so much lol !!

Hi, I'm sure you did it fine, it sounds like you have enough aches and pains. Maybe you already have strong abs or maybe they will be challenged more in other workouts.

Also, I have found that it gets easier to think about my stomach as weeks go by. at the start I just concentrated on doing the moves. All my life, I never understood how to "squeeze my abs" or "concentrate on form" during exercise. I used to kind of hold my breath, suck my tummy in and hope that would do (holding breath doesn't last very long though!!). While I certainly don't have a six pack, I have found that I am more "in tune" with my stomach now. I do kettleworx in front of a mirror which I find helpful. If someone wanted to feel my abs now, I can tense them. Could never do that before. And now I appreciate the difference between "belly button in" and holding my breath.

Well my bf always says i've got strong abs (he says this while tickling me to death as silly as that sounds), it is just a shame that i keep em hidden with bellies of fat though, hence why i'm excited for kettlebells and SW to help show em off eventually!

Oh gosh ''belly button in'' I haven't a clue what he meant when he said that!! I just kind of sucked everything in... oops!! xx

Bugsbunny, I understand your pain!!! I'm still in pain after doing Krons ab busters!!!!! Admittedly its a nicer pain today but am hoping to try them again (only this time in moderation ) tomorrow after resistance!!! If you dont hear from me all weekend you'll know I'm too sore to type!!!!!!

Haha gotta try these ab busters after i've got into the swing of things :) hahah aww well hope they go okay tomorrow :D maybe spend the day relaxing afterwards!! xx

Hi Bugs - Congrats on starting :)
I remember when I did my first session( resistance) I honestly couldn't move properly for 3 days!! Really struggled to get in/out of my car and sit on the sofa lol It was all the squatting that killed my thighs!! It does get much 'easier' so bear with it!! You'll be a lean machine in no time :D Oh New York is my fav place ever!

Thanks chick :)
Phew at least it's not just me. I mean, I don't exercise.
I tried the gym - i was that bad i would DRIVE to the gym, go on a few bits of equipment for about 20mins, then drive home.
I tried water aerobics - I think it works well but my class was sooo boring & repetitive!
I tried kickboxing - my nephew and sister do it, so me and my other sister joined her. Did it weekly until I went to uni then never looked back. My sister and nephew still do it though :)
I tried aerobic classes - would tend to go to one, not like it, give up. One was like 'body combat' i think and this woman clearly had or should have a job in the army. Aggressive ain't even the word! I couldn't cough for a week it hurt so much lol!
I even tried giving jogging a go... enough said about that the better :/
Apart from the wii fit (which i have successfully sold on ebay lol) i never managed to stick to anything. And therefore my body doesn't even know what exercise is!! Oh... but it does now. It has had a pretty loud wake up call :D

I agree, it was definitely the squatting that did it! Whilst holding the KB in front of you. My legs wouldn't stop shaking lol! Ah well, NO PAIN, NO GAIN! I can see what that saying means now 100% lol!

And I love NY. I've never been lol. But I am still in love with it. OH goes at least twice a month with work, i'm so jealous. Hoping to be 'surprised' by a romantic holiday to NY after my PGCE is done and dusted... cos i doubt i'll have anytime during the blasted thing lol!! xxx

Oh the bell hold is a total killer( even after 4/5 weeks!!) - think it defo goes on my most hated list!!! My arms totally shake too and that's with 5 kg - wouldn't even dream of doing it with the 7.5!!

Hope you do get swept off to NY, you'll love it even more!! I worked and lived there for 4 months a few years back, feels like a second home.

Keep going with the bells you'll feel and see a difference real quick:D

ps. This is to everyone - I was googling kettleworx progress pics and my image popped up!! Was quite a shock as I thought pics on here were for members eyes only!! Not sure i'm entirely comfortable with that! So glad my heads chopped off!!!

Last edited:
Back