Secret to shaping up

Haha can't believe it. Then again, I googled 'kettleworx progress pics' and none of them are even in the same league as yours for 'fast results!' You pics have 100% inspired me to 'be one with the bell' lol!!! And i'm guessing, if you're on google, that I'm not the only one who thinks it lol!

I took a cheeky bikini snap - front and side - it's hideous. I cannot wait for a few weeks (hopefully) when I can put a new pic next to them and see at least an inch of a difference :) xx

Ooh while I remember... this is probably a weird comment but what do you wear on your feet when KB exercising?

Whenever I was on the Wii I used to go bare foot - its how i feel comfortable - so when it came to Kettleworx yesterday I went barefoot. Only thing was there are positions... like the ''pitcher'' where your foot AND HEEL need to be on the floor and i could not find a position comfortable enough where I could stay upright AND have my size 4s flat on the floor, not on my tip toes. Would wearing trainers help do you think, in being able to place my feet more firmly on the floor. Also more importantly, would it make sure I do not injure myself?

Again, this is a practically exercise-virgin speaking here lol i'm so lost when it comes to this stuff!!

PS. Forgot to mention my shoulders/neck also were very stiff this morning. Could be a bad nights sleep, or bad KB technique or is it normal???

Wish me luck for Core Week 1 tomorrow... it's gonna be interesting nonetheless lol xx

Chickadee---It's surprising what you can find on internet while googling.Thats why you must be careful what details you put on forums.

Anyway done Cardio week 6 last night and happy with measurments and how I look but the pics don't really show the inch lost.Not so much fat overhanging the bikini and I can see a shape starting to appear but still got that bulging middle.Hubby did say my waist is definately smaller and there is less fat.I told him to be honest and I wouldn't be offended by what he says as I know it's true otherwise I wouldn't be trying to shape up.

f2lysn.jpg

120qtrk.jpg

I'm having Sept off and going to enjoy the month.Not going to do anything different food wise but won't be exercising.:)

Fantastic results!!!!!! bet you are so pleased, you can really tell you've worked hard. Cant wait to have a stomach like yours. xxx

Gettingfit - 15 inches gone! that is very impressive. Agree its hard to see the difference in your pics as your latest is a closer view which makes a comparison difficult, BUT your measurements show what you have acheived. Hope you spend all your holiday in your bikini :)

Donzy lmao that had me laughing, how cute is your little one :)

Bugs i workout bare foot I believe that you are able to work muscles much more effectivley and as it is not a high impact workout with lots of jumping about, you dont need to take knee joint precautions.
You need to check your posture, think about a skier there butts are poked out, so you need to practice this type position so your feet are flat on the floor

Gettingfit, what a fantastic inch loss!!!! You're really going to rock that bikini on holiday :D

I have week 3 resistance done this morning & cannot believe that I'm half way through again already!!!! I'm holding off taking my measurements again until the end but I know I've definitely lost from my waist as my belt is now in the last hole!!!!! :D:D I got out my old belt that I kept from when I started SW last year & now me & hubby can both fit into it with room to spare!!!!:eek: What a difference a year makes!!! More good news is that I lost 1.5lbs this week so at least the scales are moving again :D

Bugs i workout bare foot I believe that you are able to work muscles much more effectivley and as it is not a high impact workout with lots of jumping about, you dont need to take knee joint precautions.
You need to check your posture, think about a skier there butts are poked out, so you need to practice this type position so your feet are flat on the floor

Thanks Kron :) I love how great you all are with giving advice!! It's really appreciated. I'll be poking my butt out today hehe!

Donzy - you're husband's kettlebell is sooooo cute!!! What a little trooper :)

Gettingfit omg what a result :) You must feel so proud. I agree i can't see an immediate result, but the second pic is further away. And the inches you've lost :eek: you have done amazing. Now reward yourself with a lovely month off :) xx

Gettingfit, what a fantastic inch loss!!!! You're really going to rock that bikini on holiday :D

I have week 3 resistance done this morning & cannot believe that I'm half way through again already!!!! I'm holding off taking my measurements again until the end but I know I've definitely lost from my waist as my belt is now in the last hole!!!!! :D:D I got out my old belt that I kept from when I started SW last year & now me & hubby can both fit into it with room to spare!!!!:eek: What a difference a year makes!!! More good news is that I lost 1.5lbs this week so at least the scales are moving again :D

Yay congrats on completing week 3 resistance... i haven't even done week 1 but the fact this is your second time around, makes me excited to keep going lol!

I love that you can see the difference, shows that all this work has paid off!!

And big congrats on the weight loss! I was worried that my scales would stop once i pick up a kettlebell, but the fact you keep getting great losses now is making me feel optimistic :) xx

Hi kerryathome

I have been having a google to find some short kb workout dvds, and have found the following.
For cheap dvds check out post number 717 on page 48

Kettlebell Kombos workout DVD by Paul Katami Region 0 | eBay i have this one, and he kicks butt lol

Kettlebell Drills DVD by Paul Katami Region 0 | eBay i have just ordered this one lol, Very happy with the one i have so will be good to give this one a go

Kettlercise Just for Women 2 DVD set PLUS 2kg Kettlercise Kettlebell - Ultimate Fat Loss Package: Amazon.co.uk: Film & TV my kb class uses the kettlercise programme

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Practical-K...DR7W/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1314957520&sr=8-2 I have this one and it has a few short workouts from 5 to 15 mins

I would recommend Lauren Brooks, or the Iron Core range by Sarah Lurie, altho these are longer workouts they are very effective

have a browse, and if you need any further info let me know :)

Yay congrats on completing week 3 resistance... i haven't even done week 1 but the fact this is your second time around, makes me excited to keep going lol!

I love that you can see the difference, shows that all this work has paid off!!

And big congrats on the weight loss! I was worried that my scales would stop once i pick up a kettlebell, but the fact you keep getting great losses now is making me feel optimistic :) xx

Thanks bugsbunny :D Don't worry if your scales do slow for a week or 2 when starting because they will catch up & you'll look soo much slimmer its waiting a few extra weeks for the scales to catch up :D

Getting fit, those are fantastic results!!! Well done. I hope you gave yourself a pat on the back!

LMAO @ Sue, that Cupranol comment literally had me giggling away for ages!

Donzy your hubby's kettlebell is beautiful! Ben stopped and looked at her ... I think she may have an admirer ;)

How is everyone else getting on? SOrry if I've missed responding to something important! I still feel poo and am in agony today. I think I might have cysts or something as I was lying on the floor crying in agony this morning :( If it's no better by later on I'm going to call the Dr as it is highly unpleasant. If it eases off after I've had a bath I'll give Mr.Cheesey core 3 a bash this evening.

Happy Weekend everyone

x

Hi All - Getting Fit - what a fantastic difference. Well done. Go and enjoy that holiday now!
Donzy - want your hubbie's bell!
Piggy - sorry to hear you're feeling crappy again. Take Care.
Bugsbunny - I wear little ankle socks. Found that my feet were sweaty and sticking to the exercise mat. The ankle socks have worked a treat.

Catch you all later. Just got to get through till 5pm at work. What's that saying, "Same Sh*t, different day"!! :)

Hi Sweet you will be wrapping your old belt around you three times soon :) Using a heavier bell will see faster results as you challenge your muscles more, and I cant believe your half way through again already :) Good to hear another 1 1/2 lbs gone, keep it up

Numnum I think Ben knows a cute babe when he sees one! Your pain sounds awful you should get it checked out, and leave Ryan alone even if you do feel better after your bath, you need to make sure you are fit and well as your very first priority

Sue totally know that saying lol heres hoping 5pm comes around quickly for you.

i have been having a lovely day so far, wiled away a few hours on google, love checking out kb stuff :) Had my red ss soup with chopped crispy bacon, it is soooo yummy, and have chicken and ribs out defrosting ready for dinner. So now all i need to do is some housework booo and then a kb workout yeah! Love my days off, but hate having to be the good housewife lol

Sue - Ah good idea, I had a sports bra and cycling shorts on for Core wk 1 today and kept sticking to my mat - ouch! Note to self: where a longer top during the next one to avoid friction lol!

Waaaaahooooooo just completed Week One CORE and LOVED it!!! Really enjoyed the exercises... and felt it really is going to help my abs and love handles :) Bring on Resistance Week 1 tomorrow!! Is resistance a hit among you ladies? I thought core was more ''easier'' than cardio by a long shot!! I even spent the WHOLE workout using the 5kg without struggle :D :D :D

Feeling good (though it may change later when my body catches up lol)! Also sneakily jumped on the scales and it read 10st 9 & 3/4lbs.... fingers crossed for a happy weigh in tomorrow :eek:

Oh also my sister came round earlier while I was doing KB. She does kickboxing and SW too and is looking for another exercise so she did week 1 cardio (1 set) and week 1 core (set 1) lol! xx

Back