Secret to shaping up

You have me intrigued at week 4 cardio now ... shall I do it today .... *ponder ponder*

Will you be able to plan some day trips? I would be devastated if my hols were cancelled.

Donzy week 4 core done and dusted :) I must admit to continuosly watching your youtube link, her laugh is just so great and makes me grin like an idiot lol

Eatwell dont worry about getting the names exactly right, I have come across a few different names for the same exercise

Well the kids are back at school the week hubby is off so we were going to be norty parents and take them out of school for a week. Now we wont be doing that so no day trips. However, I might see if my mum will take one of the girls and hubbys mum take the other and we take Ben away for a night or 2 so we can have a little break. Not 100% sure on that yet ... we'll see what happens :)

We're away next AUgust as my brother is getting married so although disappointed I'm not gutted, Just means I can get a new sofa and redecorate the living room sooner with the saved cash ;) Every cloud ...

Hey Numnum, sorry to hear about your hols, hope you manage to get a wee alternative arranged, and YAY for the sun today, let's get out and enjoy it while it lasts!!

Sue, the kettlebell holds are a real killer aren't they?!!

Eatwell I also have that app but not used it yet - will need to give it a bash!

Well I am in serious pain today - my inner and outer thighs are killing - think those side curtsey moves and lunges( passing bell through legs) really, REALLY did the job!! In fact I pretty much have an all over body ache! lol!

The bf is hobbling about with a pulled hamstring so the two of us make a right pair today lol

You have me intrigued at week 4 cardio now ... shall I do it today .... *ponder ponder*

The workout itself isn't bad. No new moves. I really like the sumo squat one as you can get a breather and you can feel it working on the thighs. KB hold i'm usually fine with and I was today but through very, very gritted teeth. It really took it out of me though doing a hold then another move then back to a hold. The arms were wobbling a bit. Used my 5kg - couldn't imagine using my 7.5kg for it although that will be a good goal for me to aim for.

Roll on Tuesday and Core. :)

Haha cardio week 4 seems to be providing lots of fun! I must remember to 'lose' that one when I do my next kw random pick :)

Numnum sounds like your starting to re-plan your holiday week and it would be nice if the girls get to stay with grandparents giving you and hubby some sort of alone time, which I am sure Ben will enjoy.

Sue, hope your recovered now and enjoying your relax on the couch lol

Chick hope your aches lessen soon haha you and bf must be a sight with all the aches and pains :)

This is one of my current workouts. Each move is done for 60 secs with a 15 sec rest between each rep and I do the routine twice. Any advice, suggestions are most welcome.
2 handed swing
Left swing and press
Right swing and press
Squats
Left suitcase lift
Right suitcase lift
Figure of 8
Left windmill
Right windmill
2 hand swing

Hi eat well, looking good :) You have a great all over body routine
Can I just clarify your swing and press is it a low swing bringing bell up to shoulder, pressing straight up over head?
How are your arms, abs, calves?
Are there any specific body parts you would like to focus on.
I could suggest modifying some of the moves you are doing to add a little variation

Yes that's my swing and press. I would like to target thighs, bingo wings and stomach. I have no idea which muscle groups each exercise specifically works except that when finished, I know that I have had a good 20 mins workout and although I don't ache I do sweat. Thanks for your comments.

I have put the main muscles your working in brackets, although you are using a lot more in each move :)

2 handed swing (all muscles)
Left swing and press ( shoulders and side of waist)
Right swing and press
Squats ( butt and thighs) try squat down and hold for count of 5, try side step squats
Left suitcase lift ( butt and thighs)
Right suitcase lift
Figure of 8 ( butt and thighs)
Left windmill ( core) exact same position just hold bell in opposite hand
Right windmill
2 hand swing - alternate hand, pass the bell from left to right hand and vice versa at the top of each swing

Add some ab work in at the very end of your routine, I have some pics of ab moves in my album so hope you find some exercises to try out

I have promised to do a thigh workout album, so will have some exercises posted next weekend

swap a butt and thigh move for some bingo wing banishing
Hold bell in both hands, arms straight down, curl up to chest, press over head, slowly drop bell behind head keeping elbows close to your head, reverse - keep abs tight
Bent over rows, lean forward back straight, arm straight down and pull bell up to around hip level
Kick backs lean forward arm in line with body, bend elbow so bell hanging , keep upper arm still and straighten arm up and reverse

Always make sure you squeeeeze your butt and thighs at the top of the move in swings, squats, suitcase lifts and figure of 8. If you can, pull up your pelvic floor as well, takes a bit of concentration lol

Hope I have explained moves ok, if not let me know and I will expand or find links

Wow thanks so much for the information. I will write a slightly diff routine down to try tomorrow. If I don't write it down I forget which move I am supposed to do next ha ha. What are in the cardio exercises that are talked about on here?

The cardio section of kw uses the bigger muscles in a variety of moves, I don't remember what moves are in each section but would incorporate squats, lunges and big moves to get the heart pumping. You get breathless due to the amount of effort you are putting into it, not by jumping around although he has got a set of mountain climbers in there lol
I am sure cardio survivors can explain some of the moves

Hi Eatwell - the cardio exercises tend to be anything which inolves quite a bit of movement to really get your heart rate up. The 2 handed swing, left/ right handed swing( stuff that you seem to have in your routine already) My mind has had a total blank now lol he also gets us to star jump - including squatting star jumps and also run around the kettle bell and change direction. I think there is one called the baseball pitcher when you run on the spot with the bell in your hands and then lift it out in front of you(almost like you are going to throw it.)

Kron's post has just reminded me of one of the moves in cardio(it's really tough!) - You have the bell in your right hand and lung back with your right leg then pass the bell under your left leg to your left hand. Then you would switch - hope that makes sense!!

Kron's post has just reminded me of one of the moves in cardio(it's really tough!) - You have the bell in your right hand and lung back with your right leg then pass the bell under your left leg to your left hand. Then you would switch - hope that makes sense!!

I know the one you mean- I always feel like I sound like an elephant when I put my foot back on the ground. Always feel very un-dainty and heavy footed!:eek:

Yes I feel the same clairebear lol it's a very awkward move but it works wonders!!! X

Just finished week 5 cardio. That was really tough! Hardest one yet (apart from week 1!) could have hugged him when there were only two sets, I was expecting 3! X

Sounds as if you have all had a 'swinging' weekend!!!! :D Totm arrived on friday & I felt completely wiped on saturday but was working so had to do my best to smile for a few hours at least..then it was home to the sofa!!!! :eek: So I have had a lazyish weekend but am planning a run tonight & then some kettlebells tomorrow :) Might even do a few of Krons ab busters after my run later!!!!

Numnums, sorry to hear about your holiday but great that you'll be able to get your living room redecorated instead. I adore deocorating the house (well chosing the stuff not the actual decorating itself!!! lol) & have just done our dining room up not so long ago.

Kron, I'm looking forward to the thigh blasters installment & no doubt the 3 days 'pain' afterwards!!!! :eek:

Hi all

Glad to see you are all keeping up the good work over the weekend! I have failed....... have been ill all weekend so still haven't done my week 6 cardio :cry:. Am going to do it tonight...then I need to crack on before my hols at the beginning of October.

Cleogin hope your feeling better, take it easy of you swing tonight if you have been unwell :) Hols in October are coming quick, I am getting far too jealous with all the holidays you re all taking!

Sweet I know the feeling about having a lazy weekend, even tho I had Friday off, Monday came round sooo quickly. Hope you have a great run tonight, but dont do all the ab exercises this time lol

Hugs for Ryan lol normally his ears are burning with all the cursing going on :)

I am not going to class tonight, hope to drag myself to do a dvd, but not looking to promising at the mo lol totm should be banned!

Back