Secret to shaping up

Sue's Summary

Morning Swingers! Firstly just want to say Well Done to Clairebear who also finished the programme yesterday. :)

Right well, as promised here's my results:
Arms - 1cm reduction on both arms
Thighs - 1cm reduction on both thighs and they do look more streamlined.
Hips - no reduction
Bust - 5cm reduction. Mr Sue still crying!
Waist - 11cm reduction! :D

So all in all a 20cm loss and I am pleased because the loss was in the places I want to attack most of all. The thighs could stand to lose a few cms but to be honest I have bigger problem areas.

I have taken photos and compared them and you can see the difference although its quite subtle. My core is more streamlined at either side (love handles) and my knockers stick out further than my belly now which is great!! :D Considering the programme equates to just 6 hours of exercise I am delighted and this has spurred me on even more to keep going.

My thoughts on KW itself:
Positive:
1. We're all busy people and this works really well with busy lives. I would never get in from work and then go out to a class a couple of hours later. Finding 30mins is do-able.

2. As cheesy as Ryan is, he explains the moves clearly and I have had no problems following what he is doing.

3. I like the inclusion of the other folk with Ryan. As ridiculous as this sounds, its nice to see familiar faces and the fact that they are of varying ages helps.

4. I felt there was a good mixture of "old" and "new" moves throughout the sessions. As a novice exerciser it felt good when you knew how to do each exercise and helped me in being able to keep up. I would definately recommend it to new starters and for people like me who might be apprehensive about following a new exercise programme.

5. You don't need a lot of room to exercise in and rolling up a mat and sticking your bells to one side is no problem if you need the space back. Much better than having a treadmill sat there for example.

Negatives:
1. The initial outlay for the DVDs and the bells is a little high, especially when its a bit of a leap of faith as to whether you'll get on with the programme. Its also a bit tricky to get the bell weights right. I purchased a York set to start with comprising a 2kg, 3kg and 4kg. I now only use the 4kg, 5kg and 7.5kg. Eventually I'll sell the 2-4s. Only keeping the 4kg for the punches and gunslinger.

2. I can imagine some people finding the routines quite samey and perhaps those folk who are much fitter and used to going to exercise classes finding a 20minute session is not enough for them. (Not me though :D).

3. The cool down session seems quite short in comparison to others I have seen over the years. Maybe that's all you need, I don't really know.

All in all I will stick with the KW programme and will get the Advanced ones, probably for Christmas. There are still a few moves I need to work on to get them mastered and at the moment I mainly use the 5kg but get the 7.5kg one out where I can. So my goal for Round 2 is to use the bigger bell for as much as possible and only swap down when I absolutely have to. I found as time went on that my recovery rate was much quicker and my overall stamina improved. Not bad for a relatively short space of time.

Finally (ohhh don't I go on :D), I want to say a HUGE THANK YOU to all my fellow Swingers on here, and of course, to the Mighty Kron. I really think I have found my exercise niche which is pretty good for a total exercise phobic! The motivation on this thread is just brilliant and I do enjoy the banter. :grouphugg:

I'm away for the weekend and I know its going to be challenging foodwise but what the hell! I was planning on starting Round 2 when I got back next Tuesday but I just might fit a sneaky session in tomorrow - :eek:. :D

Last edited:
Fab review Sue!!! I think you have summed it up perfectly :D

thanks for the fab review !!!
I got my kettlebell it arrived this morning ! As I was watching some videos of the site I put a link to before (fabulous insights, love the woman, she has a great body too) I wondered if I did chose the right weight (5 KG). She is mastering 12 or 16 with no problem.....But when I felt it in my hand I thought...Yeah that is DEFINITELY enough for me for a start ;););) Now I'm waiting for the DVD's.

Hi Illa - wow your bell arrived quickly. Hopefully the DVDs won't be too far behind. I haven't bothered with gloves or chalk but I have a small towel which I use throughout the session to wipe my hands as they do get a bit sweaty.

I started using a 3kg bell but moved very quickly (within a week) to a 5kg. I only drop back down to a 4kg for a couple of exercises - punches and gunslinger where you have to hold your extended arm straight out in front of you. I find the 5kg a little too heavy for that at the moment.

I think you'll be fine with the 5kg overall. I certainly wouldn't recommend starting with anything larger - unless you were used to heavy weights. It's amazing how quickly your strength builds up though. :)

Like Sue I have always just used a small towel as I need it. It wasnt soo bad in the early days but I found my hands sweated more when I moved up to the 7.5kg. I have to admit I never thought of gloves so if you do get some let us know how you get on with them :)

Good luck

Claire congrats on finishing, perfect timing for your Kettlercise DVD to come :) really pleased your going to start round 2 and I know you will enjoy your new DVD as well x

Illa hope your DVD comes soon to go with your new bell :) I think 5kg is a good starting weight to master the moves but depending on fitness level you may find you want to move up in weight quicker. To achieve good results you do need to feel challenged and this will vary from person to person. Will check out your link, there are loads of tips and moves available on the net so you can make your own exercise routine, personally I like the follow along a DVD provides but quite often do a bit of freestyle now I know a number of different moves. Cycling gloves can be used if needed, you need something that is flexible for moves where your passing a bell from hand to hand

Val wow that was quick! It's good for you to start light to make sure you gradually build up so as not to shock your neck and back too much, look forward to hear how your first session goes :)

Sue great write up :) fantastic inch loss, your waist is being whittled down. I am truly pleased for your achievement and look forward to hear of your continuing inch loss, swing that flab away lol hope you have a great weekend, you deserve it and those bells will be eagerly waiting your return x

I am off to kb class soon, think might have some new peeps tonight which is good as there are only a couple of us on we'd class so at least it will probably keep going, altho I do miss doing my DVDs still haven't mastered one of them it's a toughy and some moves are still having me wobbling all over the place lol

Congrats on your results Sue :D WOW, 11 cm off your waist - that is impressive :)

Completely agree with your review too! Enjoy your break away.

I'm leaving very early tomorrow swingers so getting an early night, see you on when I return - keep swinging :D

and there was that time when concern was raised about being flashed!
You know I gotta turn the tv on now lol

I have read this thread from start to finish and want to order kettleworx from ideal world but am confused from all the options!

Which one is the normal one?

Ok, have worked out which one is the normal one but my card wont go through. I had a version ordered from Tesco that I missed pick up by 5 mins and they couldn't give it to me - Dont think I am supposed to try kettle bells LOL!

Last edited:
I have read this thread from start to finish and want to order kettleworx from ideal world but am confused from all the options!

Which one is the normal one?

Ok, have worked out which one is the normal one but my card wont go through. I had a version ordered from Tesco that I missed pick up by 5 mins and they couldn't give it to me - Dont think I am supposed to try kettle bells LOL!

Hi there - sorry I didn't see this last night when you asked your question but seems you're sorted now. I got my set from Ideal World. Took a while to get delivered but a good price. As long as you have the Core, Cardio and Resistance DVDs then you're up and running with the 6 week programme. The Intro DVD is useful and contains a sample workout. If you do this you will have done Wk1 Cardio. Don't do what I did and do it and then start with Wk1 Cardio and find you've done the same one twice! :D

Which bell are you going to start off with?

WOW Well done Sue :) 11cm....I bet there's nothing left of you!!! Can't wait to see the before/after because it sounds like a very worthwhile 6 weeks :)

I did week 4 Resistance yesterday, back is a bit twingey :( but gonna try and do Core or Cardio today or tomorrow.

Congrats on everyone's fab inch/weight loss... very proud to be a part of the swingers club hehe xx

Toola welcome, must have taken ages to read thru this thread lol please don't let ordering systems put you off, as you have read the bells are so worth it :)

Bugs good to hear you got week 4 resistance done, nearly the weekend so will give you a lie in and a bit more time to swing :)

Lol Illa well he is Canadian and they are a few decades behind, I can vouch for that as have lived there!
Don't be put off with the look of it, the bells work :)

Back