Secret to shaping up

Sue great news on the weight loss, may it continue :) Haha will not tell you its going to be another hot sunny day for us in the south. When it does get colder and we get a dusting of snow we are helpless, or hopeless is a better description, driving and walking around in the white stuff lol

Hi eatwell, good to hear from you, hope your keeping well and enjoying your swinging :)

Donzy can see you've got your hands full with the little ones being poorly, hope they and you get over the cold soon x

Toola sounds like fun, kbells work your body differently than dumbells as the weight of the bell is extended from your hand which will engage your muscles differently. Will be interesting to see how the moves are different when you get started with kw :)

Biggy know what you mean about lack of sun this summer, we cant help being a bit excited about seeing it lol mmm how was the kit kat!

Gettingfit hope MIL is ok. Is the move something you have been thinking about, its going to be a bit different moving to Bristol from where your at, you seem happy about the move or is just the shopping for a house that is the fun bit :) Crumble and custard I have not had that for ages and ages, hope it was nice

That's not fair, I wanna see a half naked donzy!!! :p

Oh my goodness I've woke up today in agony!! Arms, legs, back,shoulders, butt- in fact, you name it and it hurts!!! And that's only after a week away from the bells!! I was planning on doing core or res today but there is no chance!!!

How are all you lovely swingers today?

Gettingfit- hope your mil is ok and you can get back to your routine soon.

Numnum- that comment made me lol :) nice to have you back! How are you feeling?!

That's not fair, I wanna see a half naked donzy!!! :p

Whoop Whoop Piggy's back! Hi hon - hope you are feeling better now and you have sorted your computer problems. Glad to have you back. I guess you're enjoying this heatwave as much as me and Chick :8855:

Yes sue we are so lucky aren't we?!;)

Numnum haha Donzy has had a good cm loss, so she may repost for you

Chick and you were feeling so smug yesterday doing it all with your 7.5 lol dont think you will be aching for too long just ryan letting you know he missed you :)

I know. I just can't decide what to wear today when I nip down to Inverness. My fleece and scarf or my anorak and scarf! Decisions, decisions ... :)

I went winter woolie shopping a couple of weeks ago as none of last years stuff fit and I was panicking about freezing to death lol

Oh the sweltering heat!!!

Actually we had one day of lovely weather, sod's law I was looking after my friends little boy and had to walk to pick my daughter up from nursery wearing Ben in his sling and carrying my friends littley. They are both 20lbs+ and I was blinking roasting!!!!

Not feeling much better :( but at least something's being done about it now so fingers crossed it wont be long :) I feel even worse because I used it as an excuse to be lazy as hell and ate utter rubbish. So back on the healthy food wagon and am currently shuffling finances to see if i can get a gym membership. I heart my bells muchly but I need to get out of this blinking house. I'm going to go stirr crazy so I think if I can go swimming 2-3 times a week and throw in some pilates and yoga maybe even a little zumba/body combat and mix it up week by week then I wont get bored and I'll actually get to meet real grown ups :giggle:

How is everyone doing? I'll need to go back and read through everyones posts but if anyone feels like being kind and giving me the cliff notes I would be grateful :D

missed you all and your swinging ways lots and lots!

Briefly, Round 1 of kw completed with inch/cm losses recorded :) Round 2 being started with 7.5 bells, still sweating and cursing lol
We have a couple of new swingers starting (waiting for postman or just starting) so more inch losses coming.
And the best bit - your back with us :)

Good luck with the gym, it is good to get away from the house and have some me time, as long as your little lot let that happen lol Has dr said you should be doing so much exercise?

It won't be just yet Kron, probably not until nearer Xmas. I want to save up for hubby's present first :) Swimming will be the only thing I do to start off with anyway as I am sooooo unfit. I'll gradually add a class or 2 a week in and rotate the classes depending on hubby's shift pattern etc so although the first post made it sound a lot I won't be doing all those classes in a week. I just meant I want a variety because I'm an exercise tart and get bored very easily :D

Can't wait to hear about everyone's inch loss!!! I think I've put every inch, if not more, back on :( boo hiss boo but I'll get there!

What you getting him numnum I love pressie time lol well I had heard rigours but hadn't realised how quickly you get bored ;)

Mil will wnder what on earths going on with you swinging next to her lol. Hope your routine gets up an running again

I went to do bait of freestyle, got about 20 swings into it and decided it was too hot lol so just spent the evening brushing the puppy, could have made another dog out of all her fluff!

I've got to thinking about Rest Days....I am trying to keep up my running but to make progress there I need to be at it three times a week.
I currently do Kettleworx on the other days but that leaves me only one rest day a week.

So, I'm thinking of doing Core and Resistance together instead, leaving me with two rest days a week...what do you guys think?
I read an article that said that rest days were as imprortant as work-out days as your body needs to build itself back up.
To be totally honest, there will be some weeks where I'll be lucky to get working out at all, time-wise. But in general terms, do you guys have any thoughts about recovery/rest days?

Hi, am fairly new to this forum and I've just bought the 6 week kettleworx DVDs. I've only done a beginners tape (iron core beginners) and havent done any workouts for 3 months. I have a 4, 6 & 8kg bell and wonder if I should start this workout with a 4 and then progress to the 6 or 8 - what do you think? Starting today with core

Hi, am fairly new to this forum and I've just bought the 6 week kettleworx DVDs. I've only done a beginners tape (iron core beginners) and havent done any workouts for 3 months. I have a 4, 6 & 8kg bell and wonder if I should start this workout with a 4 and then progress to the 6 or 8 - what do you think? Starting today with core

Hi Stella - welcome! Personally I would start with your 4kg and see how you go. There's nothing to stop you changing up and down as the mood takes you and if you feel you are able to.

Hope you get on ok. :)

I have lost all motivation to do anything.:sigh:
Since holiday I have started and stopped and rushing up to Kent hasn't helped.Can't seem to get going again.Also we are moving next year:) and eldest told me yesterday(he's 26)that he is staying here :cry:not coming with us.I know he is an adult and should of flown the nest by now but I still thought he would be moving with us.
So I am a bit deflated and going to just do a bit of walking,biking or Kettlebells when it takes me fancy.Will be keeping my food/exercise diary as upto date as I can as I know if I don't then the stone I've lost will go back on before I know it.

I still need to loss 7lb by Xmas.

Hi GettingFit - sorry to hear you've lost your mojo as it were. You've had a lot of change to your routine what with holiday and then your MIL and the pending move. Its not surprising you're finding it hard to get back your focus.

I think you are doing the right thing by keeping your food diary going. I know I find it hard if I stray too much for any length of time to then get back into the saddle. Just keep your bells handy and every now and then do a few freestyle swings. If nothing else a few swings and squats might do wonders as a stress reliever or when you want to blow off steam!

As for your son. At least he's told you now and not when you're much closer to going. That would have been tricky. This gives you time to get used to the idea and you never know, he might change his mind.

Try to stay positive :flowers:

Hi Biggy you need to see how your body feels, the bells and running give you different workouts. I love rest days, but that's because I am lazy lol. You could work thru kw doing it twice a week keeping with the normal order of the DVDs, you are in control. I believe rest days are important, you need to let your muscles repair esp after strength type workouts. I have done the bells daily at times and not suffered for it. Do what you feel is best for you, I would rather cut down on the workouts and continue than try to do it all and give up. Just be mindful that the bells work wonders for inch loss and body shaping so it may take a bit longer to achieve your results if you cut it down unless you have the time and the energy to do two sessions :)

Hi Stella welcome to our thread, I have one of the ironcore dvds how did you find it? It may be an idea to start with your 4 as you get to grips with the routine and moves, but I would recommend that you try a heavier bell when you can as this will give you greater results. Good luck with core, I hope you enjoy it and look forward to hearing how you get on :)

Gettingfit post holiday blues! When I got back from hols I found it difficult to get back into a routine but when I did really enjoyed it, it's not helping having to charge around the country so soon after you get home. You sounded really excited about your move, and your son wouldn't want to take that away from you, he is a big boy and needs to make his own choices with your support, it may seem a huge blow at the moment but I am sure he has reasons to want to stay, and you know he will come and visit - with an armful of laundry and emptying the fridge and cupboards of all things yummy. Give yourself a bit of time, don't quit now, you have lost weight and inches and don't want to see that work go to waste x

Lisa how exciting, fingers crossed they get delivered soon :)

Hi all, have ben watching the thread for a week or so, and am now after some advice! Can't afford the whole kettleworx package at the moment but my friend has given me three DVDs-the first one is Core, the second one has the 4 body sculpting ones on, and the third is the fast abs one! I can get a kettle bell reasonably priced from argos, so is it worth starting with those? Or better off waiting a week or so til I can afford the whole thing? Thanks :) x

http://www.minimins.com/slimming-world-weight-loss-diary/187905-jos-journey-infinity-beyond.html

Back