Secret to shaping up

Welshtigger welcome :) go with what you have, it's a great way to try it out before investing - what's the title of the second DVD you listed? both core and fast abs will tone and shrink your waist area and will work other body parts, but it's always good to have an all body workout as muscles will develop evenly and provide strength to other muscles, when can you get your bell?

Kron said:
Welshtigger welcome :) go with what you have, it's a great way to try it out before investing - what's the title of the second DVD you listed? both core and fast abs will tone and shrink your waist area and will work other body parts, but it's always good to have an all body workout as muscles will develop evenly and provide strength to other muscles, when can you get your bell?

The second one is a copy of all the 4 body sculpting ones that comes with the 10dvd pack :) hopefully will get the bell tomorrow :)

http://www.minimins.com/slimming-world-weight-loss-diary/187905-jos-journey-infinity-beyond.html

Welshtigger go get that bell :) and give it a go! The 3 main DVDs core, resistance and cardio each give a 20 min workout developing different body areas, so you will need to set up your programme to split care and fast abs with one of the body sculpting ones, good luck, I am sure you will enjoy being a swinger and reap the benefits that only the bells can give, let us know how you get on. What weight bell are you going for?

Kron said:
Welshtigger go get that bell :) and give it a go! The 3 main DVDs core, resistance and cardio each give a 20 min workout developing different body areas, so you will need to set up your programme to split care and fast abs with one of the body sculpting ones, good luck, I am sure you will enjoy being a swinger and reap the benefits that only the bells can give, let us know how you get on. What weight bell are you going for?

Not sure-I've done quite a bit of kettle bell training with my PT at the gym so will check with him later x

http://www.minimins.com/slimming-world-weight-loss-diary/187905-jos-journey-infinity-beyond.html

I've got to thinking about Rest Days....I am trying to keep up my running but to make progress there I need to be at it three times a week.
I currently do Kettleworx on the other days but that leaves me only one rest day a week.

So, I'm thinking of doing Core and Resistance together instead, leaving me with two rest days a week...what do you guys think?
I read an article that said that rest days were as imprortant as work-out days as your body needs to build itself back up.
To be totally honest, there will be some weeks where I'll be lucky to get working out at all, time-wise. But in general terms, do you guys have any thoughts about recovery/rest days?

I think doing core and resistance together is defo managable - I really do think you need to have a rest day the next day though, which I know you were planning to do anyways, the muscles really need it to recover and repair themselves plus if you're anything like me you'll be a tad stiff the day after :)

Well Kron, Ryan must have REALLY missed me as im STILL aching from cardio on Saturday!! I really wanted another session tonight but dunno if I could manage!!

Gettingfit - do what works for you, don't be a stranger though!! It's hard to get motivation back after a holiday, I'm feeling the same but forcing myself lol

Welcome to the new swingers, can't wait to see more great results!!

Thanks for your feedback, Chickadee and Kron. I did REsistance and Core tonight (Week 3) and it was....."challenging!" Also, I really focussed on form, doing my squats like Kimberley and not bowing down in any way. I reckon I'm going feel it tomorrow!

Welsh Tigger - Get stuck in, definitely! You won't regret it!

Lisa C - Enjoy Mr Cheesey Ryan! I think you'll find kettleworx really fun and good value for money.

xx

hey swingers,
Since switching up to a 7.5kg i've awful bruises on my wrists, is there anything i can get to protect them? it hurts to much to do any of the exercises where it rests on my arm.
i've had a quick google and found some wrist guards but they're £12 and wouldnt want to spend that much

Thanks xxx

Hi Donzy - I got a pair of extra long terry towelling wrist bands from ebay. Only cost a couple of quid and they do the trick for me. xx

Hi Stella welcome to our thread, I have one of the ironcore dvds how did you find it? It may be an idea to start with your 4 as you get to grips with the routine and moves, but I would recommend that you try a heavier bell when you can as this will give you greater results. Good luck with core, I hope you enjoy it and look forward to hearing how you get on :)

Hi, thanks for the welcome. Well I did the core with no problem (even in 70 degree heat) so I think I'm going to use the 6kg for the next one and see how I get on. I like the iron core DVD - I really like how it is set out and the presses and cleans but do find it doensn't challenge me enough and don't need all the breaks she gives in it - but I really like her as an instructor. The only thing about the kettleworx that is slighty annoying is that I've noticed in a couple of exercises he doesn't do the same amount of reps each side (one I've noticed is the one where you lay down with one leg bent and the lift one side up as if getting up to stand up - he only does 3 one side and 9 the other) but other than that I found it ok.

Yeah, the uneven reps in kettleworx is a bit annoying but you get used to it and find ways around it. As some people here have posted, they make sure they start with the opposite side on the second set, so that it evens out.
I like IronCore too but kettleworx is quicker. Having said that, if I had more time I would do both AND some of my own workouts over the week, as I think variety is great.
I would love to go to a class but there are none on around here.

Kron, how long is your weekly class?

Having done Core and Resistance last night means I can postpone my run until tomorrow, leaving this evening free for resting.....yippeeee!

Yea uneven reps are a bit of a joke, sone exercises he evens holds on one side.
I got my sil swinging now as she was that amazed by results, only thing is she's using my 5kg so means I can't switch down if too hard x

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

As I'm also a size 16 - any tips you could throw my way would be great, havent had time to read this whole thread but will when I get in tonight. xxx

Hiya - well I'm around the size 20 mark and did no exercise whatsoever prior to kettleworx and I have managed fine. I do carry most of my weight around my middle (typical apple shape) so sometimes struggle with a few moves but haven't found anything which I haven't been able to make a decent go of.

I'm on round 2 now and have noticed I need less stops to catch my breath and tend to recover quicker at the end of the workout. Its definately helping my overall stamina so I would say size doesn't really matter with this, do what you can and go for it. :)

Fenteawens said:
One of the most important dietary commitments Linda made was to ditch starchy carbohydrates (bread, pasta, potatoes, peas, rice and other grains) at dinner, and replace them with loads of vegetables. By eliminating her starchy dinner fix and instead doubling up on nonstarchy veggies, Linda saved more than 6,000 calories and dropped 2 pounds each month JUST from this one diet tip!

That's good-but what is it in relation to-this thread is about exercise!!!

Morning everyone,

I got home from work yesterday to find my Kettleworx package had been delivered :) (Ordered Thursday & delivered Monday-brilliant!)

I was short on time so I did one of the workouts on the Fast Fat (if I've got that right) dvd & it was only 16 minutes but boy I could feel it. My legs feel a little sore today but not enough to stop me trying to get the 20 minutes in later!

I upgraded my package to the 10lb kb & I'm glad I did. Although when I took it out the box I thought I'd never be able to lift it for the routines but it was fine. I may google/youtube techniques though as I was worried my posture my not be correct, don't want an injury this soon into it!

HI Lisa - did you order direct from Kettleworx? Impressive service.

So what are you thinking of doing - Core, Cardio or Resistance?

HI Lisa - did you order direct from Kettleworx? Impressive service.

So what are you thinking of doing - Core, Cardio or Resistance?

Yes I ordered direct from the website, didn't expect to receive it so quickly!

Not really sure what to start to be honest, as I didn't have much time last night I chose one the dvd's with a short workout.

What would you suggest doing first??

Morning everyone,

I got home from work yesterday to find my Kettleworx package had been delivered :) (Ordered Thursday & delivered Monday-brilliant!)

I was short on time so I did one of the workouts on the Fast Fat (if I've got that right) dvd & it was only 16 minutes but boy I could feel it. My legs feel a little sore today but not enough to stop me trying to get the 20 minutes in later!

I upgraded my package to the 10lb kb & I'm glad I did. Although when I took it out the box I thought I'd never be able to lift it for the routines but it was fine. I may google/youtube techniques though as I was worried my posture my not be correct, don't want an injury this soon into it!

hi there

Posture is vital - good form is always the way to go. If you have bruises for example on your wrists from say clean or snatch then its technique and form you need to consider. Proper technique will avoid this such as learning to 'punch' through rather than swing the kettlebell. No harm in working out in front of the mirror.

Also a good way to learn an exercise is actually to do it backwards - i know that sounds odd but to learn say, cleans, start from the end position.

Yes I ordered direct from the website, didn't expect to receive it so quickly!

Not really sure what to start to be honest, as I didn't have much time last night I chose one the dvd's with a short workout.

What would you suggest doing first??

Well the vast majority of folk find wk1 Cardio to be challenging so if you start with that one, don't be put off. It certainly gets the heart pumping. Core is mainly down on the floor - do you have a mat - would recommend you get one if you don't and Resistance is sort of a combination of the two.

Whatever you go for, enjoy and take your time. Let us know how you get on. There's a couple of others just started as well. :)

Well the vast majority of folk find wk1 Cardio to be challenging so if you start with that one, don't be put off. It certainly gets the heart pumping. Core is mainly down on the floor - do you have a mat - would recommend you get one if you don't and Resistance is sort of a combination of the two.

Whatever you go for, enjoy and take your time. Let us know how you get on. There's a couple of others just started as well. :)

Thanks Sue. I think I'll try either Cardio or Resistance first. I do have a yoga mat so I'll use that when I get to Core. Do most people stick at one DVD for a week then change to another??

Hi Lisa - no you do wk1 across all 3 dvds (cardio, core, resistance) and then progress to wk2 and carry on like that. Some brave souls double up and do core and resistance back to back.

Most people do a session either every two days or stick to certain days of the week around their work. For example I've been on leave so I've been doing it every couple of days but when I go back next week I shall return to my routine of Cardio on a Sunday, Core on Tuesday and Resistance on Thursday.

Hope that makes sense? You might find you need to roll out your mat for each session as there are some floor ones even in Cardio.

Back