Secret to shaping up

Thats great thank you :) I usually workout at least 4 days so I may do an extra day or maybe fit in something else like Zumba around it all.

Hi all :)

Biggy kudos for doing two :) try and get your form, yes it may hurt a tad (but that's good? Lol) and be tricky but your results will be better, and it does get easier, I notice my form can get worse by the end of the reps, so try and remind myself during, easier said than done! My class is an hour including warm ups, cool downs and well earned minute rests between sets of 5 mins :) enjoy your rest day!

Donzy do you know what move you are doing that's banging onto your arm? I wear sweat bands, mainly to do the snatch which isn't on kw, I have had bruises and that's normally a technique problem, let me know and we will sort it out x sil swinging as well, you must have inspired her :)

Stella great to hear your trying your 6 for the next one :) the half get up clip is bad, but I figured 6 each side fitted the time allowance, and when you discover what that little move can do for the abs, all is forgiven lol I like Sarahs teaching style in ironcore but the minute wait between each was too long, I carried on through, but also find one DVD with the same routine is not enough, I have quite a collection started lol

Hi Magri-jade welcome, enjoy your trawl through, what can we help you with?

Hi Sue :) I remember the posts being red faced and gasping for breath lol you are doing great, make sure to keep feeling challenged ;)

Martin totally agree about good form, kw is more beginner based and doesn't contain snatches and such, so a great introduction, and as you know those bells give great results :)

Lisa great news! And straight in there lol good for you :) I have posted a link to a previous post for technique you may find useful. Have fun with your first one when you decide which one to do :)

Basic techniques are shown via youtube links you can find on here http://www.minimins.com/fitness-exercise/219703-secret-shaping-up-6.html#post3809295

Welshtigger said:
Not sure-I've done quite a bit of kettle bell training with my PT at the gym so will check with him later x

http://www.minimins.com/slimming-world-weight-loss-diary/187905-jos-journey-infinity-beyond.html

Didn't see my PT as went to the other gym this afternoon! Have just been to Argos and got the Davina kettle-bells, which are 2.5, 5 and 7kg so will make a start later on! Am very excited :) xx

http://www.minimins.com/slimming-world-weight-loss-diary/187905-jos-journey-infinity-beyond.html

Welshtigger hope you have fun, what DVD and weight are you starting with, I don't think you will get too much use of the 2.5 as your a gym goer I imagine you are fit, what were you doing at the gym?

I'm enjoying my Rest day, it's lovely to have some time on my hands for a change but it's weird, I've been exercising six days a week (resting on Sundays) for about two months now and so now I am sitting feeling a bit guilty!

Maybe I am psychologically addicted to exercise (lol, I never understood what was wrong with people who claimed to be exercise addicts)
I really do have to wonder where the old me has gone to. I used to sit drinking wine and smoking and doing no exercise EVERY evening. Now I take one evening off and I feel tetchy lol xx

Kron said:
Welshtigger hope you have fun, what DVD and weight are you starting with, I don't think you will get too much use of the 2.5 as your a gym goer I imagine you are fit, what were you doing at the gym?

Not sure on weight yet, but going to have a look at the core one, and also the arms, chest and back. Ive got quite weak shoulders so will probably use the lighter one for my shoulders to begin with! I tend to just run in the gym now-and also do a bit of kinesis training x

My kettleworx DVD'd arrived today and I got my 7.5kg kettlebell in Argos at lunchtime, so I start tomorrow :)

I'll be taking my measurements tonight and comparing after the 6 weeks, hopefully I'll get good results:D

Kron said:
Hi all :)

Donzy do you know what move you are doing that's banging onto your arm? I wear sweat bands, mainly to do the snatch which isn't on kw, I have had bruises and that's normally a technique problem, let me know and we will sort it out x sil swinging as well, you must have inspired her :)

hi kron, it's just from the bells resting on my arm, mainly the punches and Turkish get up x

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

hi kron, it's just from the bells resting on my arm, mainly the punches and Turkish get up x

Sweat bands will definately sort that out for you Donzy. I think mine were about £3 off ebay for an extra long pair.

Thanks sue I got some yest but still hurts but I think that's because the bruises are still there, once they've gone hopefully it'll stop hurting.

Do u rest bell on top of wrist or do u try and hold It to side? X

So I did my first DVD this morning before work and really enjoyed it, I started with Core.

My plan is to do kettleworx on Wed, Fri and Sun, I go to a Kettlebells class on Mon and run C25k on Tues, Thur and Sun (on week 8) leaving Saturday as my rest day.

Any advice on what days/ when I should begin to do my Fast Burn and Fit Abs? Do people usually do these from the beginning of the 6 weeks or wait a couple of weeks?:confused:

Thanks sue I got some yest but still hurts but I think that's because the bruises are still there, once they've gone hopefully it'll stop hurting.

Do u rest bell on top of wrist or do u try and hold It to side? X

Thinking about the squat press we do, the bell rests on the side and misses the boney bit (if you know what I mean).

Bruises are sign of technique needing attention - TGU, snatch, clean are technical exercises so form is crucial. Still some wrist bands at teh start sound a practical idea at the beginning.

For TGU - Id use the lunge style. This way you can do lunges and reverse lunges seperately to help build your strength adn improve your TGU style. Both are excellent exercises in their own right.

NExt you could just do half TGU - go from the lying start to where your arm is locked out below you as well as above. Its a good start point.

Do some windmills - I think these help with getting used to the arm overhead. Sideways windmills would be even better

T press ups with just your body weight also help

Remember its not a sit up at the beginning - you roll up, and that means less arm movement

Hope this helps

Last edited:
Biggy hope you enjoyed your day off, and relaxed and didn't feel to guilty :) it must feel like a big change from doing nothing to exercising 6 times a week, hope you can enjoy your rest days you deserve them

Welshtigger its good to have a variety of weights as you can swap around pending on exercise your doing, hope you got on ok with your first DVD :)

Fatnomore how exciting, all ready to swing now :) glad you enjoyed. You will get some great results with a 7.5, as you are used to the bells you can fit in the other DVDs whenever you like, they are a bit of icing on the cake using cardio and core moves. As most people here were completely new to bells, it took a few weeks to get into the swing of it

Hi Donzy I think you need to let the bruising heal as it's the resting of the weight that's causing the problem, perhaps just miss those particular moves until the bruising has gone down, then having a sweat band or similar will help soften the hardness of the bell, and fingers crossed it will be ok from there

I must be getting old lol the past few nights have been falling asleep on the couch, so not catching up with this thread! off to class tonight and hubby is coming with me! Must have caught him at a weak moment as he shook on it :) he's already moaning about not being able to keep up altho I have mentioned there's a 7 month pregnant lady doing it (she doesn't do some core work) but that's not shutting him up, hopefully he will be to out of breath when done to speak ;)

Hi Kron - bet Mr K wishes he'd kept his mouth shut! Hope he gets on ok and doesn't show you up!! :D

Welshtigger its good to have a variety of weights as you can swap around pending on exercise your doing, hope you got on ok with your first DVD :)

Havent managed to have a go yet, as discovered to my disappointment that the Wii doesnt play DVDs :( so will have to wait til parents are out to use the TV and DVD player in the front room, rather than the wii and tv in my living room :(

Had fun with hubby, he couldn't talk catching his breath on the rest breaks, and he's had a nap, now he thinks he is superman lol wait til tomorrow when the ache kicks in ;)

Welshtigger oh no, can't you give them some money to out lol

Gettingfit we knew you wouldn't be able to resist Ryan for too long :) hope you enjoy. I am always talking to myself, it's the only sensible conversation I get in this house! Are you starting week 1 again?

Gettingfit, so glad you've had a change of heart!! Agree with kron- big rydo is too hard to resist ;)

Well I've managed to do round 2 wk1 resistance tonight- without pausing and mostly with 7.5!! Not saying it was easy but my goodness what a difference from first time round! Without sounding like mrs cheesy, the body really is an amazing thing :) just hope I can get out of bed tomorrow!!

Kron, sounds like the hubby had a good work out and hope he recovers for your big day on Friday :) I'm still waiting on the postman bringing my cake btw :)

Welshtigger, hope you can get swinging soon :)

Finally!! After waiting for 8 days since my kettleworx was dispatched, they are here!!

I can't start until Friday - will need it by then as going T.G.I Fridays tomorrow. Calories galore but will work them off Fri and report back then!

Did someone say tgis?! Love it... Chicken fajita nachos, mmmmmmm :) happy swinging!

Back