Secret to shaping up

Thank you :)
Just been crashing about in the kitchen, but hubby still snoring lol Plan B to wake him up will start soon

Gettingfit glad you had a swing, great it was with your 6 esp as you have had some time off :)

Tell him you were thinking of doing another type of swinging today! :D

Well that's Round 2, week 2 finished. Managed everything with 7.5kg except the one where you hold the bell straight out to the left, right, middle and overhead. Haven't quite got the the arm strength yet. So just swapped to my 5kg for that one. Happy with that.

Cardio will be interesting on Sunday. Having my flu jab tomorrow and that always makes my arm go dead. Thinking I might "feel the burn"!

Lol he woke up :)
Thanx Donzy

I am now the proud owner of a 12 kg and it's PINK! :)
He came down with a blue gift bag red in the face and arms bulging lol
It feels really heavy, he also got me two Lauren Brooks DVDs, and yes I have had a go with my 12, didn't do it all but worked a bit up a bit of a sweat swinging in my pjs
Shoulder presses with my left arm are nigh on impossible, got about 3 done!
Her helper is a 50 year old woman, so there's hope for us oldies lol

Will do a proper review of them both when I give them a proper go
I also have choccies and everything needed for jäger bombs :) so will need to get quite a bit of swinging in to counteract all my goodies :)

12kg! My gym only goes to 12kg....

For those compound exercises bigger will be easier to achieve with that weight, Ive had to use a 20 or 24kg dumbell for these such as goblet squats.

Just got a new set worked out

halo
fig 8
tgu
squat - front
thruster
swing alt arm
windmill
crush
shoulder press
woodchop
power 2 people
single leg row
russian twist
floor press
snatch
clean
flip

Ive found that my leg recovered better (ligaments are knackered) using some KB exercises so IVe added a few which ill strengthen it - I do these on a 12 or 15 rep x 3 set circuit. I work non stop and its knackering but Im on the last 16lb weight loss which I want out the way so I can move onto other stuff

Hi all I apologise if this question has already been asked but I couldn't face 136 pages lol!

I've got a dodgy knee, I was doing C25K but I think at 18 st 4 I am just too heavy for running yet.

My gym has classes in kettlebells I was wondering if I can do it with my knee? I can't do direction changes without shifting my feet as my knee gives way. GP reckons I have a touch of Arthritis and that strengthening my quads will help.
I know I could ask the trainer at the gym but...well to be honest he looks very unapproachable, maybe doing a class won't be so bad. I have a feeling it'll be all men but we shall see lol!

Any advice gratefully received x

Kron, sorry it's late but HAPPY BIRTHDAY :) Hope you have had a fab day and have been spoiled :) pop into my diary over the weekend and let me know what you got upto :)

Sue - you're beating me!! V impressed you've finished wk2 - I need to get my butt in gear :)

OOOOPPPPPSS....I posted before reading the posts above...you have been spoiled, lucky girl :) Offft 12kg!!!! That is the godfather lol Go easy on the jager bombs :)

Martin very impressive routine you should get some good results doing that, ibet your knackered after 3 sets with no breaks :) good luck with losing those lbs

Hi Shirlenn welcome, I would suggest speaking to the trainer I am sure he's not that bad, and he would be able to see what's up with your knee and offer advice. you should be able to work with the bells but you may have to modify some moves to protect your knee, lunges may not be recommended pending on the actual issues with your injury. The bells will create suppleness in your joints and strengthen your muscles which can be very helpful for building weaknesses, as well as losing inches :) it's difficult to offer proper advice without knowing the full facts, but I am confident that they will work for you but under supervision so a couple of classes would be good to try it out x

Hi Chick, thank you will catch up over the weekend x

Hi Sofartogo thank you x how's the swinging going?

I can feel my play with my 12 in my shoulders! Not ready for a full workout with that one, but will be using it for swings :)

Well with 4 family birthdays over the last couple of weeks i have managed to gain 4lbs! Had the last of my cake last night, so need to get some good food in me. Dare i say it, but i have had enough chocolate, and that coming from a chocoholic says something lol

I went out and bought some new workout gear, well i do have a new bell! so will be swinging with hubby later ;)

Kron said:
Well with 4 family birthdays over the last couple of weeks i have managed to gain 4lbs! Had the last of my cake last night, so need to get some good food in me. Dare i say it, but i have had enough chocolate, and that coming from a chocoholic says something lol

I went out and bought some new workout gear, well i do have a new bell! so will be swinging with hubby later ;)

Ahem! Lol!

Thanks for the advice, you're right I should talk to the trainer even if he does look like he has a badd smell in his nose! Perhaps I could go and have a nosy at the next class just to see what's involved! Thanks for the advice x

You'll shift that wee gain in no time kron you're superwoman lol

Well swingers I can tick off wk1 r2 :) just did core and dare I say it but it was easy with 7.5!!! Looking forward to more challenge from wk2 :)

Go Chick!! Did wk 2 resistance on Thursday and it was fab - I love that one.

Thanks Sue will look forward to week 2 r2 then :) Met up with my mum today and she told me I was looking very slim :) CHUFFED!!! My mum is always brutally honest with me about weight so when I get a compliment I take it and run :)

Didnt swing yesterday, ended up down the pub followed by a kebab lol

Shirleen its mainly women that go to the classes I go to so hope you get a chance to have a nosy when a class is on and you get a chance to chat with the trainer, other staff may be able to answer any questions if he is not very approachable, good luck x

Chick great to hear your mum was able to see and commented on how slim you are looking :) Goes to show numbers on a scale arent the only measure of success x

Sue steaming thru round 2 x

Very true. I'd lost only 2lb between July and the end of September but had also lost 19inches! Still trying to get the numbers on the scales down but it will be slow going! Just hoping the inches keep 'melting away' and that I'm getting closer to those size 12 jeans feeling more comfortable!

Planning week 5 core today but not fitting much kw in. Must get more organised!! X

Im so lost! 2 pages down.. 135 to go :| x

Joanne24 said:
Im so lost! 2 pages down.. 135 to go :| x

:)

It's a good read if you have the time! X

Back