Secret to shaping up

Sofartogo - AWESOME! 19 inches gone, you must be so pleased, shame the scales arent dropping, but what an inspiration you are, keep swinging and those size 12s will be more than a comfy fit. Really hope those scales catch up soon for you x

Joanne lol good luck with reading through, but if you want a shortcut to find out about swinging, just post any questions :)

Sofartogo, that is amazing! Well done. I am starting Week 4 of Round 2 this week......I must say my arms and shoulders are looking transformed, and I can see the difference in my legs and tummy too. I just want to keep going and going, as Mr Cheesey says! Turning my body into a fat-burning machine lol

Joanne - I've posted a summary for you in your diary, hope that helps :)

Sofar.....WOW, AMAZING inch loss :)

Kron, hope you enjoyed the kebab!! I always feel hngover after eating a kebab lol yummy but don't agree with me!!

Well swingers, I said core yesterday was easy by my goodness my abs and arms are in agony today!!!!!It hurts to laugh!! Glad to know that my body did get a good work out even if I didn't really feel it at the time :)

Sofartogo, that is amazing! Well done. I am starting Week 4 of Round 2 this week......I must say my arms and shoulders are looking transformed, and I can see the difference in my legs and tummy too. I just want to keep going and going, as Mr Cheesey says! Turning my body into a fat-burning machine lol

Good job Biggy :) Hope you'll update pics?? :)

Can't wait to take my updated pics - can see my tummy getting a wee bit more toned after each session!!! Sounds bizarre but true!!Will wait until week 6 done before I take pics though :)

Biggy really pleased that you can see the difference, its a great motivator to keep going, cant believe your on week 4 round 2 already!

Chick lol no coughing or sneezing either cos that will hurt too, hope bf doesnt play the tickle game :) those 7.5s are sooo working!

Joanne - I've posted a summary for you in your diary, hope that helps :)

Sofar.....WOW, AMAZING inch loss :)

Kron, hope you enjoyed the kebab!! I always feel hngover after eating a kebab lol yummy but don't agree with me!!

Well swingers, I said core yesterday was easy by my goodness my abs and arms are in agony today!!!!!It hurts to laugh!! Glad to know that my body did get a good work out even if I didn't really feel it at the time :)

TY! Been looking at kettleworx on amazon - am i heading in the right direction? :)

Hi Joanne. Check out posts 2021 and 2022 a couple of pages back for links to another site, altho posting seems to be slower from Idealworld. The bell that comes with one package is very light and won't last you long if you want to start, eBay may have something, altho don't be bidding against welshtigger who may be watching a set! The official website is kettleworx.co.uk if you want to have a look. You can get it from amazon, just make sure it's not the advanced version :)

Afternoon Swingers - well round 2, wk3 Cardio this morning and it nearly killed me with the 7.5kg bell. Had my flu jab yesterday and my left arm is completely dead so needed to swap down to 5kg for the presses. Also have the period from hell so think all my strength has been sapped by that. Ashamed to say I dusted off my 3kg for the gunslingers and second set of the punches. :(

Still just challenged my Cardio a little bit more by raking up loads of leaves in the garden which was quite pleasant. A rare sighting of the sun also occured for about 5 minutes. Nearly blinded Mr Sue by it glinting off my white arms!! :D

So now I am having that culinary delight of Fish Finger Sandwiches to reward myself. Haven't had them for about 7 months! Nom nom nom.

Also had a fab surprise on the scales yesterday morning. 3lbs off. So that's another half stone gone and more importantly 3 stone in total lost! Oh yeah, I'm working it, I'm a machine!! :8855:

Love to all, hi to the newbies - Captain Birdseye here I come!! :D

Sue your a better woman than me, flu jab and period, I would have given Ryan a miss lol
Fantastic on another loss, and well done on hitting 3 stone :)
Fish finger sandwich mmmmm enjoy!
Mr S must be extremely proud

Hi Cassy I would recommend starting with a 5kg, or a 4 if your not used to doing any exercise, by the end of the programme you will possibly want a bit heavier!
The 2.5 is good for a starter but you will outgrow it very quickly, and the heavier the bell the better the results :)

The argos ones have been out of stock for ages (and are very cute lol) there's a selection on amazon, eBay etc so have a google and I would recommend a metal bell versus the York plastic type, post any links you find

Thankyou so much Kron, Im gonna look around and see what I find I can imagine getting something like this posted is going to be expensive, I'll post if I find any :) x

Just this minute found this

http://direct.tesco.com/search/default.aspx?search=kettlebell&confirm.x=0&confirm.y=0

The 5kg one doesn't look so bad

Just looked on asda again and found..

http://direct.asda.com/on/demandware.store/Sites-ASDA-Site/default/Search-Show?q=kettlebell

5kg and a 7.5kg

At what size does the week1 kettlex programme start at? :)

Last edited:
I have just started doing a kettle bell class twice a week, love it. I'm also following slimming world. Lost 7.5lb in 3 weeks so looking forward to seeing this continue

Cassy I would opt for the tesco one, the handle is nice and wide, great for passing it hand to hand. Most people started with a 5kg, and starting the programme again with a 7.5, or switched up around week 4 or 5. Most kb sites suggest women start with a 6 up to a 12 or 16 which is far too heavy lol

Nixy big congrats on your weight loss, you must be really pleased :) are the classes Kettlercise? Glad to hear your enjoying them, you should take some measurements to compare as you go on your journey, keep swinging!

Cassy said:
Thankyou so much Kron, Im gonna look around and see what I find I can imagine getting something like this posted is going to be expensive, I'll post if I find any :) x

Just this minute found this

http://direct.tesco.com/search/default.aspx?search=kettlebell&confirm.x=0&confirm.y=0

The 5kg one doesn't look so bad

Just looked on asda again and found..

http://direct.asda.com/on/demandware.store/Sites-ASDA-Site/default/Search-Show?q=kettlebell

5kg and a 7.5kg

At what size does the week1 kettlex programme start at? :)

Hi cassy, I got the tesco one it's real good. I'd recommend getting a cast iron one and not a plastic one as they are much bulkier x

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Right ladies I mentioned this to my BF, and she has given me her copy that she got from a friend..

It is the kettleworx program but Im confused because of the way it is, it doesnt have a dvd menu like the 'proper' copy. I have the essential one which has 4 different 20 min excercises.. broke up into different parts of the body. And I have a second dvd which is the ultra? This one is broken up into core and resistence for 6 week programs. So it seems to be missing the cardio one and I wasn't sure if this is the one you are meant to follow. Ie, core, cardio, resistence Wk1, Wk2 etc

I'm totally confused lol Think I'll just need to buy the proper copy because I don't know where to start.

I am so interested in having a go with kettlebells, however am not very fit and have masses of weight to lose..... what would you suggest if I could not manage a full session from a dvd (also they tend to go to fast for me), would it be better to select a few kettlebell exercises from the internet to try firstly, and move at a steady pace until I could transfer across to using a DVD and moving at a faster speed?

Hi Belles :wavey:

I'm back from my holiday and totally have my mojo back. Going to celebrate with round 2 Kettleworx...WEEK 1 CARDIO!:eek::eek:

Really looking forward to finishing work to see just how unfit I have become after a week of :eating: & :7834: everything that's not nailed down!. Not weighing in until Thursday as I am joining a new class so it's damage limitation until then.

Haven't had a chance to read through yet, but hope everyone is on tip top swinging form.

Going to take some photo's and measurements too this time.
xx

I am so interested in having a go with kettlebells, however am not very fit and have masses of weight to lose..... what would you suggest if I could not manage a full session from a dvd (also they tend to go to fast for me), would it be better to select a few kettlebell exercises from the internet to try firstly, and move at a steady pace until I could transfer across to using a DVD and moving at a faster speed?
I started with some vids off you tube, otherwise you could always stop and start the DVD, i had to do that the first few times, there are some you tube vids recommended on this forum. xxx

Back