Secret to shaping up

Hi all :)
Lots to catch up on!

Joanne your missing the cardio most of us would jump for jot at that lol you could give your core and resistance week 1 a go as a try out. As Sue said you have parts of the full package so checking out Kettlebells @ KettleWorx UK - Kettlebell Fitness DVDs, Kettlebell Training and Kettlebell Exercises | Can You be the Biggest Loser will show you the additional workouts to the week 1-6, you got some bonus sessions :)

Spangle welcome, Sues right, as with any exercise there may be some parts that are a little more difficult, but you soon work through this. Hit pause whenever you really need to, that's the advantage of doing it at home :) post 178 I think for YouTube links

Lilprincessvics welcome, lucky you having the bells to borrow and could even get some personal training in! The bells will whip you into shape especially starting on level 2 :)

Cleogin :) great to have you back after your hols, great post. Haha week 1 cardio strikes again, you get extra points for swinging at Hubby lol

Donzy you are a nutter! Lol week 1 cardio twice. Kudos :) you will struggle at first, cut down the reps and concentrate on form, how fit is sil? She may have stronger arms so might be ok on some exercises. Hope your bruises are better x

Silly sausage congrats on your weight loss :) I don't have that DVD you will have to review it Lol i know all about lazyitus twas my middle name! Hope your bell and DVD comes soon

Sue I see the bell family is expanding :)

Hear hear Biggy, swingers are great :)

Stella Great work on starting with a 6, if your looking at getting a metal bell are you considering a heavier weight? To purchase try tesco, amazon, eBay, sports direct as well :)

Chick try tightening your core on the balance ones, really can help. Glad to hear bf got out of the way :)

Martin you've got some good moves going :) what other cardio work are you doing? Swings are the fat burner, try doing them for 5 mins! I haven't made it yet lol how do you get on with pistols, I don't get very low, but seen folks near enough sit on their ankle lol

Went to class and started to work off my birthday gain lol, I used some gloves but found altho they were easier on the hands, I had less control of the bell, doing swings the bell was swinging up and over onto the back of my hands, I do find my 8 light for swings, but had difficulty with a couple of other moves.

Hello again everyone,

Right I'm asking for advice.

I've had my Kettleworx package just over a week, I've done it 3 times (I was limited for time so did what I could rather than the WK1 cardio/core/resistance).

So far I'm not really enjoying it, at all. I also really dislike the dvd quality which I've read others comment on. Rather than the routine flowing through the time limit they just replay a lot of the routines.

The other thing is I'm a little strapped for money the the mo & I felt I probably shouldn't have spent the £85 & the fact that I'm not overly enjoying it is bothering me & I'm wondering if I should stick it out or see if I can send it back.

I've seen kettlebells available everywhere but I haven't seen dvd's that have as good reviews as the Kettleworx ones, I wonder if I can buy some things separately that will be just as good without spending as much.

I know that with all exercise you have to stick at it for results, its more that I'm not enjoying it right now. Anyone felt the same??

LisaC said:
Hello again everyone,

I've had my Kettleworx package just over a week, I've done it 3 times (I was limited for time so did what I could rather than the WK1 cardio/core/resistance).

So far I'm not really enjoying it, at all. I also really dislike the dvd quality which I've read others comment on. Rather than the routine flowing through the time limit they just replay a lot of the routines.

The other thing is I'm a little strapped for money the the mo & I felt I probably shouldn't have spent the £85 & the fact that I'm not overly enjoying it is bothering me & I'm wondering if I should stick it out or see if I can send it back.

I've seen kettlebells available everywhere but I haven't seen dvd's that have as good reviews as the Kettleworx ones, I wonder if I can buy some things separately that will be just as good without spending as much.

I know that with all exercise you have to stick at it for results, its more that I'm not enjoying it right now. Anyone felt the same??

I find turning his voice down and putting on music helps x

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Arrgh! Remember I was going to watch the KB class at my gym? Well it seems I accidently booked it and now I'm the only person doing it! I'm terrified but hey it's 30mins free personal training right?

Just a quick question as I haven't got my kettlebells yet, but at the moment I do Xtrainer in a pyramid or interval session for 30mins 5 times a week sometimes 6 and also strength training in the gym, I'm in there for about 45 mins twice a week and 20 mins another day (usual machines leg press, shoulder press etc)... how should I schedule my exercise regime now bearing in mind I will do the kettlebells 3 times a week?

Anyone have any suggestions? :)

Hello again everyone,

Hi Lisa - sorry to hear you're not enjoying KW. I can't really comment on other dvds as I've only done KW so far but I am sure other folk will be able to recommend ones.

I know you said we were limited for time so I'm not sure what bits you have done. But maybe if you don't like repetition then KW will not be for you. As you will have gathered, each separate exercise has been recorded once and then each session is made up of the same warm up and cool down with the different moves sandwiched inbetween. So you will see (and hear) the same plank move every time the plank is used throughout each set and each session.

I don't mind it and tend to keep the volume down a bit now. Others play music over the top.

Do you think you'll be able to cope with this or it will annoy you so much it will prevent you from doing the programme? Only you can answer this. You could always try week 1 core, cardio and resistance and see how you feel after that.

Let us know how you get on. :)

Arrgh! Remember I was going to watch the KB class at my gym? Well it seems I accidently booked it and now I'm the only person doing it! I'm terrified but hey it's 30mins free personal training right?

That's the kind of thing that happens to me! :D Looking on the brightside, at least you'll be able to ask all your questions and really get a feel for whether the bells will work ok for you. Hope it goes well. :)

Just a quick question as I haven't got my kettlebells yet, but at the moment I do Xtrainer in a pyramid or interval session for 30mins 5 times a week sometimes 6 and also strength training in the gym, I'm in there for about 45 mins twice a week and 20 mins another day (usual machines leg press, shoulder press etc)... how should I schedule my exercise regime now bearing in mind I will do the kettlebells 3 times a week?

Anyone have any suggestions? :)

Hi Susie - I have no clue but just wanted to commend you on your exercise programme. I was worn out just reading it! :eek:

Kron (our guru and Queen of the Bells) will know, I'm sure. :)

Cat Lover Sue said:
Hi Susie - I have no clue but just wanted to commend you on your exercise programme. I was worn out just reading it! :eek:

Kron (our guru and Queen of the Bells) will know, I'm sure. :)

Thank you

I'm just not sure if I should drop some of my sessions and which ones.

Sue x

Hi Lisa,

I know what you mean about being disappointed, especially about the splicing of the dvds, it's really annoying especially on an expensive dvd....there's no excuse for it! But I found that once I got used to it, I didn't mind it any more. I still believe that the programme works well.

Having said that, I understand that if you are going to return it, you probably need to make your mind up fast and send it back, pronto.

Sorry I can't be of more use - Personally, I think kettleworx is a good structure, manageable and effective, despite its technical flaws. I sometimes do my own routines but I reckon that Ryan is good for pace, pushing me on even when I'm tired and I find he explains things well.

I hope that even if you are disappointed with kettleworx and decide to return it, that you don't think buying the bell was a waste of money adn that you continue to come on here and let us know how you get on. I am starting to become really convinced that weight-training is where it's at with regard to fat loss, and I think kettlebells are a fun aspect of weights. Good luck!

Hi Lisa,

I'd echo what Biggy has said. The way Kettleworx is put together is a bit shabby but ultimatley it delivers fantastic results.

I think when you start seeing and feeling these results you will feel differently. The moves get better as the weeks go on ( I can say this in retrospect) You could always stick it out for a few weeks and If you decided it's not for you then you could always sell it on ebay as there are always lots of people bidding.... just a thought!

I know how important it is to enjoy the exercise you are doing so it really is up to you :) Good Luck with whatever you decide :)

Hi swingers!

I've started but not sure if I'm doing it in the right order, or doesn't it matter?
I've started with core, then was going to do resistance, then cardio.

Ok, so my thoughts on core week 1 - I don't like the way the segments if exercise are "copied and pasted" but I can get used to this, just hope it doesn't annoy me.

I haven't been to Tesco to get a 5kg bell but will hopefully get there this weekend so had to use the 5lb one that came with the DVDs which isn't a bad thing as it gave me chance to just get the hang of it all.

Workouts were fine, strangely enough I loved doing planks, but struggled with hip, thrust and pump or whatever its called - it killed my stomach.

I can feel that I've done it today, every time I cough it hurts - not painful though.

I know you are supposed to leave a day in-between but I'm at group and zumba tomorrow and out on thur so won't get chance until Fri, so may do the next workout tonight and then the last one Fri.

I've measured myself today and took photos. Probably not the best week as its nearly TOTM so am bloated but nothing I can do. Will share in 6 weeks time with updated pics and measurements.

Martin you've got some good moves going :) what other cardio work are you doing? Swings are the fat burner, try doing them for 5 mins! I haven't made it yet lol how do you get on with pistols, I don't get very low, but seen folks near enough sit on their ankle lol

Pistols - now they take some doing but you can learn them. Here's my secret tip - get a yoga/pilates ball - its a small ball bit larger than a tennis ball. Massage the sole of your foot, do gripping exercises and then try a pistol. Your foot is relaxed and spreads. My second tip is hyperirradiacy. Ok what's that - simple its the secret to press ups and other tough exercise = contract your core (diaphram, pelvic floor, abs, olbiques, erector muscles) and by having a solid core its easier to perform. You can also learn them by holding the door frame side on - so stand sideways in door, standing foot agains the frame so your raised leg runs along the wall and you hold the architrave/door surround.

If you do swings for 5 mins have you tried a Tabata yet? Im thinking of doing this using double hand swings. Just downloaded a app so I can try these - make sure you count your reps, dont drop them Im told if you do below 17 its not tough enough, but this has to be the hardest thing going...

Last edited:
Hello again everyone,

HI Lisa

I dont do Kettleworx - I train in a gym and I dont like uneven reps which this uses. However, people do get great results from kettlebells and using this dvd. Plenty of really good advice Im sure from dedicated users on here im sure will help.

I create my own workouts, do them in front of a mirror (for form, Im dead ugly to look at :cry:!) I have each move listed on post it notes and work my way through. I can probably list 75+ variations - Kettleworx though has 200+ so my approach has limits but I also do weights and CV such as x-trainer and running.

Other Kettelbell DVD include Pavel's Russian workout or Enter the Kettelbell which is excellent content but probably aiming for a different audience (its a bit macho but Pavel is good).

Kettlebells take a while to get used to if your new to exercise like this. Its really worth sticking with you will get great results and I think one of the more sustainable forms of exercise. Do you have classes near you?

Im gonna get a KB this weekend :wee:

Susie, hope postman comes soon :) your busy! Wow that's a lot of dedication. Is everything you do in a class or a gym? Kbs are a strength workout so could only suggest you can cut down on this side to include kw into your workout, not sure exactly what your doing, and whether shortening your existing workouts by 20 mins 3 times a week is doable pending on your routines/classes. Good grief you must be fit!

Hi Lisa, sorry to hear your not enjoying it, kw do a refund. I can onlyecho what others have said in that there are a few flaws, but you do get 18 different workouts plus all the other bonus workouts you get with the full package. I own a few kb DVDs now and you can buy a decent DVD for £15-35 but only thing is you generally only get one workout for 40-55 min which means doing the same routine over and over and needing more time in which to do it. Kbs work, but for any exercise to give you results you must want to do it

Shirleen lol don't blame you for not doing it on your own, that trainer must be off putting! Would have been good to have 1 to 1 session for working thru weak spots. Hope people join the class, so you get to have a go

Toola i think your the first to like planks lol, I didn't get on with the hip thrusts til near the end when my abs got stronger. Doesn't matter what order you start. Hope you get your 5kg soon to really make a difference to those measurements and photos :)

Martin Tabata! Are you trying to kil me lol let me know how you get on, that's a toughie!

Joanna happy shopping :)

Love to all the belles x

Kron said:
Toola i think your the first to like planks lol, I didn't get on with the hip thrusts til near the end when my abs got stronger. Doesn't matter what order you start. Hope you get your 5kg soon to really make a difference to those measurements and photos :)

Love to all the belles x

I know! Planks were a painful but in a great way!

I'm hoping to go to the big T this weekend so will get the 5kg.

Didn't do the 2nd dvd as DD was watching tv so I completed a 20 workout on workout trainer app - can tell I worked my (non existent) abs yesterday as some of the moves killed so it shows 20 mins on kw works!

Kron said:
Susie, hope postman comes soon :) your busy! Wow that's a lot of dedication. Is everything you do in a class or a gym? Kbs are a strength workout so could only suggest you can cut down on this side to include kw into your workout, not sure exactly what your doing, and whether shortening your existing workouts by 20 mins 3 times a week is doable pending on your routines/classes. Good grief you must be fit!

Ha ha I wish.

Its all in the gym. I did mention to hubby tonight that I'm not sweating as much after a session lately or coming out red faced so maybe I'm getting fitter.

I wear a hrm so it will be interesting to find out the actual calories I burn with kb compared to the other stuff I do.

I suffer from arthritis but since July I've been on a new injection fortnightly and feel amazing. I've dropped all my pain killers and can do movements I could never do before ( suffered with it for 20 yrs) so I'm seizing the moment and I'm loving it. Never thought I'd be a gym bunny! Still got a way to go mind.

Back