Secret to shaping up

Ha ha I wish.

Its all in the gym. I did mention to hubby tonight that I'm not sweating as much after a session lately or coming out red faced so maybe I'm getting fitter.

I wear a hrm so it will be interesting to find out the actual calories I burn with kb compared to the other stuff I do.

I suffer from arthritis but since July I've been on a new injection fortnightly and feel amazing. I've dropped all my pain killers and can do movements I could never do before ( suffered with it for 20 yrs) so I'm seizing the moment and I'm loving it. Never thought I'd be a gym bunny! Still got a way to go mind.

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Hi Susie - that's one of the main things I noticed towards the end of my first KW 6 week programme. My recovery rate was much quicker - when I first started I was still like a beetroot and sweating about 30 mins later!

I don't need to take half as many pauses now to catch my breath when doing the sessions and I can actually hold a conversation straight afterwards where Mr Sue can understand what I'm saying!! :D

Its great when you see progress in yourself, isn't it? :)

Thanks for all the info & advice everyone! Much appreciated.

I'm not one for classes, I find them quite intimidating, silly I know, but I've always felt that way. I'm very self-disciplined & incredibly motivated so I know I get on well with things at home.

I've got the house to myself for a week which mean more space so I think this week I may try a "proper" week 1 & see how I get on. I'm sure if after that I don't enjoy it I can send it back. Would hate to return it now & regret knowing if it would have made a difference or not!

LisaC said:
Thanks for all the info & advice everyone! Much appreciated.

I'm not one for classes, I find them quite intimidating, silly I know, but I've always felt that way. I'm very self-disciplined & incredibly motivated so I know I get on well with things at home.

I've got the house to myself for a week which mean more space so I think this week I may try a "proper" week 1 & see how I get on. I'm sure if after that I don't enjoy it I can send it back. Would hate to return it now & regret knowing if it would have made a difference or not!

Can I ask what it is you don't enjoy? I was wondering ( as someone who hasn't done it yet) whether you can incorporate KB into another exercise programme? Say a Davina DVD instead? Or to music? Or write down some challenges I work better to definite goals (which is why C25k was ideal for me), I do my strength training the same way, increasing weights or reps or speed.
The others here will have better ideas im sure x

Can I ask what it is you don't enjoy? I was wondering ( as someone who hasn't done it yet) whether you can incorporate KB into another exercise programme? Say a Davina DVD instead? Or to music? Or write down some challenges I work better to definite goals (which is why C25k was ideal for me), I do my strength training the same way, increasing weights or reps or speed.
The others here will have better ideas im sure x

I've always found with exercise that I have to be gripped to it from the start which means I'll enjoy it & want to do it. The main problem, as lots of others have said as well, is the dvd quality. Personally I'm a huge Davina fan, I think her dvd's are fantastic but I wanted to try something new that incorporated weights the way this does. I'm not really familiar with the "movements" & "routines" yet so I'm sure if I did my own kb routine to music I'm bound to injure myself! :)

oooh i am so tempted to get this when I get paid, I have always wanted to try kettlebells but never had any idea what to do with them.

Did most people on here order the set with the free 5lb bell and then upgrade to a 5kg bell once they were used to it?

thanks
Sinead

Just got my kettlebell its a 7.5 from asda (green) Cost £14 the 5kg was £12 so I just went for value for money :) starting tomorrow :)

Ordered my KB from ebay last night :character00115:

That was a bargain, I ordered the 3 DVD pack for £39.99 from Ideal World and received the 3 main DVD's but also FAST ABS AND FAST FAT LOSS? Not complaining mind but it doesn't state that on the the website. :)

Think someone's slipped up there but all good for you! :D

If you did the workout on the Introduction dvd in its entirety then you did the Cardio Wk1 workout. Well done - its universally accepted that it's a killer!

oooh i am so tempted to get this when I get paid, I have always wanted to try kettlebells but never had any idea what to do with them.

Did most people on here order the set with the free 5lb bell and then upgrade to a 5kg bell once they were used to it?

thanks
Sinead

Hiya - to be honest the 5lb bell is not very challenging but its useful to get you started. I started with a 3kg and moved up very quickly to a 5kg. Still use my 5kg for the punches and gunslingers - ones where you extend the arm out fully straight in front of you, but use my 7.5kg one for everything else. Its all a bit trial and error really. Good luck :)

Think someone's slipped up there but all good for you! :D

If you did the workout on the Introduction dvd in its entirety then you did the Cardio Wk1 workout. Well done - its universally accepted that it's a killer!

No i must fess up and say I didn't complete it, it was my lunch hour ( I work from home) and it turned up half way through my lunch so I just had a play with it.
I'm still sore now, I though my Xtrainer and Leg presses, and Leg extensions in the Gym were hard but CRIKEY !

Evening,

Did wk2 core tonight without SIL, still used my 7.5kg.

Found it a lot easier without SIL, I think I tend to talk when shes there and maybe am more conscieous of not huffing and puffing so maybe not breathing properly...

Don't know what to do, as can't really tell her I don't want to do it with her...

That was a bargain, I ordered the 3 DVD pack for £39.99 from Ideal World and received the 3 main DVD's but also FAST ABS AND FAST FAT LOSS? Not complaining mind but it doesn't state that on the the website. :)

Same one as me.

We are on the same week, just different workouts so will be good to see how we both get on over the next 6 weeks :)

Silly sausage congrats on your weight loss :) I don't have that DVD you will have to review it Lol i know all about lazyitus twas my middle name! Hope your bell and DVD comes soon

Thanks Kron :) The Amy Bento DVD came yesterday. It has a tutorial then two workouts - beginner and intermediate.

My review so far is:
"OMG! Amy is sweating like a pig and I am old enough to be her mother! I am doomed! :eek:"

I'll try to keep an open mind and review again after I have tried it. My 5kg bell is being delivered on Saturday. Can't wait! :D

Hi All :)

Toola it's working :) must schedule in the T to get that 5. You will be finding a lot of new muscles lol

Susie fantastic news about your arthritis, it's very depilating, must feel like an achievement being able to do the things you couldn't even think about. You've just had a taster of what we consider the hardest session of the 18 lol. Bonus DVDs as well when you going to get time to fit those in :)

Good luck Lisa :)

Sinead welcome, I would recommend the 5kg, the one with the set is really light and won't be as effective!

Cassy good luck with your 7.5, there may be a couple of exercises you will struggle with, gunslingers for starters, you will know when they crop up :) your going to get great results!

Joanne how exciting :) What weight did you order?

Donzy:) oh that's a bit awkward! Let her workout by herself, you can cheer her on. Just say you really need your 5 so will workout at a different time. Great to hear your 7.5 is fe ing a bit better for you, breathing right can help, and being able to concentrate and not gossip will help with form.

Silly sausage lol lots of sweating and bright red faces coming up lol but so worth it :) I am old enough to be a parent to most that go to my class, and whoop em lol

Went to class tonight, only me and two newbies, it's normally a small class on Wednesday's but thought I was going to be on my own when I got there lol. Ready for WI tomorrow!

Week 5 core completed today. It's taking me a while because I'm struggling to fit it in! Anyway, completed it with the 6kg bell. Struggled a little with the core rows and figure of eights but got through it. Core is my wort by far! Cardio hopefully tomorrow as I'm hoping to go for a swim on Friday. x

Sofartogo good news getting onto week 5 and using your 6. How can you not like core lol at least you have cardio to look forward to now, you mad woman :)

Like cardio lots and love resistance but just really don't like core. Think psychologically it must be that there are 3 sets instead of 2 and dislike all the floor stuff. Still, no pain no gain hey!!! :)

Hi All :)

Toola it's working :) must schedule in the T to get that 5. You will be finding a lot of new muscles lol

Susie fantastic news about your arthritis, it's very depilating, must feel like an achievement being able to do the things you couldn't even think about. You've just had a taster of what we consider the hardest session of the 18 lol. Bonus DVDs as well when you going to get time to fit those in :)

Good luck Lisa :)

Sinead welcome, I would recommend the 5kg, the one with the set is really light and won't be as effective!

Cassy good luck with your 7.5, there may be a couple of exercises you will struggle with, gunslingers for starters, you will know when they crop up :) your going to get great results!

Joanne how exciting :) What weight did you order?

Donzy:) oh that's a bit awkward! Let her workout by herself, you can cheer her on. Just say you really need your 5 so will workout at a different time. Great to hear your 7.5 is fe ing a bit better for you, breathing right can help, and being able to concentrate and not gossip will help with form.

Silly sausage lol lots of sweating and bright red faces coming up lol but so worth it :) I am old enough to be a parent to most that go to my class, and whoop em lol

Went to class tonight, only me and two newbies, it's normally a small class on Wednesday's but thought I was going to be on my own when I got there lol. Ready for WI tomorrow!

Got a 4kg one to start because I couldnt see many 5kg that were the metal instead of the plastic. So that will do for now :) Looking forward to it, going to take measurments and pics too.

Thinking about Mon, Wed and Fri for the days of the week to do it.. might have to make it saturday instead of Monday, they are busy for me because of college and WI. Did you start with cardio wk1, core wk1 then resistence wk1?

Back