Secret to shaping up

Wk 2 round 2 core done and dusted :) As much as I love core I really do hate it when he says " Let's spell KETTLEWORX" lol I hate that move!!!!

Wk 2 round 2 core done and dusted :) As much as I love core I really do hate it when he says " Let's spell KETTLEWORX" lol I hate that move!!!!

I love it cause I know its the last one!! :D Mind you I still sometimes struggle and get my Ts and Ls mixed up!

Yeah, I hate spelling kettleworx too....I think Ryan gets the letters mixed up too, or almost does.

I did Week 4 Core and Resistance yesterday with my 7.5. I have ordered a 10kg yesterday to do the next round with in a few weeks. My arms feel so different and my back is starting to look more defined too I think ;)

I had a very stressful day at work so it was hard to find the motivation to do my work-out but it really helped with the stess levels.

Toola-Roola said:
I think he spells kettleworx wrong too. Or I'm just really slow, I'm still spelling E when he is on W - not a fan of that move!

Not having seen the DVD I'm intrigued, by the spelling keytleworx lol!

Not having seen the DVD I'm intrigued, by the spelling keytleworx lol!

Its only in the Core workout (I think). Normally at the end of each set. You lie on your back with your feet up in the air and your kettlebell held over your head behind you. You then spell Kettleworx with your feet in the air.

I love it (perhaps I am the only one) but my feet get a touch of dyslexia and normally transpose the E and Ts! Ryan tends to slip up as well around the W! :)

Well that's Week 3, Round 2 done and dusted! I was due to go back to work this week but my job share partner needed to change her days so I will be back next week and have to do a full week. :eek: Its going to kill me, not to mention muck up my beloved KW routine!!:D

Well my beautiful new bell arrived in double quick time. Its a KW 15lb one which is 6.8kg. And its a lovely bright orange. Really pleased with it and today I did Resistance and rather than on the one arm squat press and holding the bell out in front of you and then slam dunking switching down from the 7.5 to my 5, I used my new one instead. It worked perfectly and I'll be delighted if I can end up phasing out my 5kg completely by the end of Round 2.

Have added a 10kg to my Christmas list as well. Don't think it will be skinny jeans this Christmas but my birthday's in April so perhaps I should be aiming for then!! :p

Glad to see so many new faces on here and its great that a few are starting all at the same time. I know how much it helped me to have Donzy, Numnums (Piggy) and Chick paving the way for me!

Catch ya later Swingers! :)

I can hardly sit down this morning, the backs of my legs are so sore :)

I'm off to see my consultant on Friday who I haven't seen since I was really poorly in April, wearing a neck brace and in total agony after a flare up with my arthritis, he was the one who suggested I try the new biological treatment so I don't want to go there on Friday not being able to sit down from KB and him thinking I'm still unwell so I am going to not do them today and do my 1st proper session on Friday lunch time x

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Hello, weird question but does everyone do all 3 workouts? I didnt enjoy cardio and cant feel it today but I really enjoyed core and was still aching yesterday. Do you think it would have an affect if I did Core 3 times a week instead of one of each?

I can hardly sit down this morning, the backs of my legs are so sore :)

I'm off to see my consultant on Friday who I haven't seen since I was really poorly in April, wearing a neck brace and in total agony after a flare up with my arthritis, he was the one who suggested I try the new biological treatment so I don't want to go there on Friday not being able to sit down from KB and him thinking I'm still unwell so I am going to not do them today and do my 1st proper session on Friday lunch time x

Hi Susie - that sounds like a sensible approach. Be interesting to hear what your Consultant has to say when he says you. Hopefully he'll be really impressed with your progress. :)

Hello, weird question but does everyone do all 3 workouts? I didnt enjoy cardio and cant feel it today but I really enjoyed core and was still aching yesterday. Do you think it would have an affect if I did Core 3 times a week instead of one of each?

Hiya Vic - the programme is designed to give you the maximum benefit over all body areas within 6 weeks. I guess if you leave out Cardio then there will be some muscle groups which don't get the benefit.

I suppose it depends what you are doing KW for? If its specifically to tone up your middle then doing heaps of Core should be good for that. But if you also want to lose weight then Cardio's so good because it really gets the heart pumping (well it does me anyway!! :D).

We all have our favourite sessions - mine's Resistance, and my least preferred is Cardio because I'm like a wet rag at the end of it. But because I need to tone up overall and supplement my weight loss then I follow the entire programme.

What was it that put you off Cardio? Were you not challenged enough with it?

lilprincessvic said:

Maybe up ur weight if ur not feeling challenged. X

I just didnt feep challenged. Maybe your right about the weight. I juat finished n thought it that it?? I think the problem is that i zumba every other day so i do a lot of cardio. Im nearly at target so just trying to tone now so not sure x

Its only in the Core workout (I think). Normally at the end of each set. You lie on your back with your feet up in the air and your kettlebell held over your head behind you. You then spell Kettleworx with your feet in the air.

I love it (perhaps I am the only one) but my feet get a touch of dyslexia and normally transpose the E and Ts! Ryan tends to slip up as well around the W! :)

Golly that sounds tortuous!

Woop it's here!

Attachments

• image-1319052883.jpg
    image-1319052883.jpg
    36.2 KB · Views: 49
Week 5 completed :)
Still find it difficult to believe that a 20 minute workout which doesn't really involve much in the way of moving from the same spot in your living room can build up such a sweat!
Who am I to question the wonders of Ryan!!!?

Week 6 next. Think I'll start with core to get it out of the way but might not be 'til next week now. Happy swinging everyone and welcome to the newbies :)

Back