Secret to shaping up

I just didnt feep challenged. Maybe your right about the weight. I juat finished n thought it that it?? I think the problem is that i zumba every other day so i do a lot of cardio. Im nearly at target so just trying to tone now so not sure x

You must be super fit!!! Cardio totally wipes the floor with me!! I think increasing the weight of the bell will add more challenge. As Sue said, for maximum results I think you would need to do all three sessions, however if you mainly want to tone up your core then doing this one only wouldn't do you any harm - any exercise is good after all :) Cardio and resistance also work your core though as anytime you are holding the bell your abs are being contracted. My abs are much more toned after 6 weeks of kettleworx but I really doubt the results would have been as good only doing one routine :) Hope that helps :)

Hi all :)
I love core! Lol for me cardio is such hard work, but all 3 are needed to give results, cardio for fat burn, resistance for shaping, core pulls in your middle section and providing strength to both upper and lower body.

Joanne that was quick! A pink one :) it doesn't matter what order, but just be warned week 1 cardio is the worse, so you might want to get that one over and done with lol

Chick :) I haven't done kw core for ages, forgot about that one, not sure what I was spelling half the time but works those abs really good

Biggy, a 10 haha that's going to feel heavy, I remember getting my 10 and checking it was the right weight and not a 20 lol good for you getting on with it, I do agree you do feel better after :)

Sofartogo week 5 done, your getting there :) you've got 1 more hour to go then your done!

Shirleen are you keeping an eye on kb classes at the gym?

Lilprincessvix It's difficult to spot treat as your main muscle groups interact throughout the body, but once you get the hang of it, check out my photo album, got some good core exercises
demonstrated. All 3 routines will work your core. As your cardio level is high due to a good stamina level through cardio intense workouts you may not be a sweaty achy mess after a cardio session like the rest of us, but it does have it's place.

Cleogin :) Poor you still with after effects of cardio lol

Sue an orange one, does it match your wrist bands ;) great to hear you got on so well, and I can see that 5 getting less use. Poor Santa having a 10 in his sack lol, only 11 more weeks before he comes! There is no doubt you will be in skinny jeans for your birthday :) boo about having to work a full week

Susie your aches will calm down, but it's a good idea to leave it until after your visit. I am sure the consultant is going to be impressed with your progress :)

Back from WI and in target, as I haven't been for a while it was good to go and catch up with the gossip, and I will be doing a bit of personal training to a friend there once she's recovered from her op properly, so that will be fun :)

Well done at still being in target! I'm going to do the cardio first ;) Prob wont be able to start until Monday because Im going into the hosp tomorrow for a small thing (dont want to go into it to much) and I might not be feeling up to it.

My eating has been terrible this week so Im hoping for a sts at weigh in. xx

After feeling a bit sore today (only enough to think to myself 'no pain no gain') I went in the gym and did 30 mins interval training on the xtrainer and now im thinking to myself as I sit down, get up, walk ....
'ow, oow, ooww, b****y ooowwww'

Should I do the cardio tomorrow or leave it a bit?
I think whats happened is as I only did the introduction dvd I didn't warm up as long as in a proper session but then threw myself into it and didn't cool down either.

To cap it all my husband tried to massage my thigh while I was sitting on the sofa but although it hurt it was also tickling at the same time and I started laughing uncontrollably and then thwack I had head butted him ooops. :8855:

Last edited:
I did my Round 2 week 4 Cardio tonight and I was blinded by sweat at one point (sorry for the unladylike description!) I was breathing so heavy I had to press pause twice...and yet I can run for 1 hour 40 minutes now! So I think if the bell is heavy enough, the challenge is definitely there with kettleworx. Keep the faith, everyone xx

biggysmalls said:
I did my Round 2 week 4 Cardio tonight and I was blinded by sweat at one point (sorry for the unladylike description!) I was breathing so heavy I had to press pause twice...and yet I can run for 1 hour 40 minutes now! So I think if the bell is heavy enough, the challenge is definitely there with kettleworx. Keep the faith, everyone xx

Lol it hurts when it gets in ur eye!!! We should wear sweatbands :)

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

After feeling a bit sore today (only enough to think to myself 'no pain no gain') I went in the gym and did 30 mins interval training on the xtrainer and now im thinking to myself as I sit down, get up, walk ....
'ow, oow, ooww, b****y ooowwww'

Should I do the cardio tomorrow or leave it a bit?
I think whats happened is as I only did the introduction dvd I didn't warm up as long as in a proper session but then threw myself into it and didn't cool down either.

To cap it all my husband tried to massage my thigh while I was sitting on the sofa but although it hurt it was also tickling at the same time and I started laughing uncontrollably and then phwack I had head butted him ooops. :8855:

XTrainers are evil machines!

Hi all :)
I love core! Lol for me cardio is such hard work, but all 3 are needed to give results, cardio for fat burn, resistance for shaping, core pulls in your middle section and providing strength to both upper and lower body.

Joanne that was quick! A pink one :) it doesn't matter what order, but just be warned week 1 cardio is the worse, so you might want to get that one over and done with lol

Chick :) I haven't done kw core for ages, forgot about that one, not sure what I was spelling half the time but works those abs really good

Biggy, a 10 haha that's going to feel heavy, I remember getting my 10 and checking it was the right weight and not a 20 lol good for you getting on with it, I do agree you do feel better after :)

Sofartogo week 5 done, your getting there :) you've got 1 more hour to go then your done!

Shirleen are you keeping an eye on kb classes at the gym?

Lilprincessvix It's difficult to spot treat as your main muscle groups interact throughout the body, but once you get the hang of it, check out my photo album, got some good core exercises
demonstrated. All 3 routines will work your core. As your cardio level is high due to a good stamina level through cardio intense workouts you may not be a sweaty achy mess after a cardio session like the rest of us, but it does have it's place.

Cleogin :) Poor you still with after effects of cardio lol

Sue an orange one, does it match your wrist bands ;) great to hear you got on so well, and I can see that 5 getting less use. Poor Santa having a 10 in his sack lol, only 11 more weeks before he comes! There is no doubt you will be in skinny jeans for your birthday :) boo about having to work a full week

Susie your aches will calm down, but it's a good idea to leave it until after your visit. I am sure the consultant is going to be impressed with your progress :)

Back from WI and in target, as I haven't been for a while it was good to go and catch up with the gossip, and I will be doing a bit of personal training to a friend there once she's recovered from her op properly, so that will be fun :)

I went Tuesday night and after the class I wimped out of was supposed to be another KB class only a bit more advanced (or perhaps a continuation I'm not sure). But all the work being sone was with Barbells! I saw one of the Bodybuilders using KBs but only in the same way you would use dumbbells, so I give up!
I think I'll learn a couple of moves and then go to the gym and do them, they're building a partition for the mat area so it'll be a bit more private lol!

Oh my god! Ive just done the fast abs kettleworx, Im hurting all over, I didnt expect it to be so hard, I can#t believe im using a 7.5kg when them on the dvd are using a 2.5kg, this weaving the ball between your legs is hard work, kept thinking I was going to drop it, I even did once! I'm very nervous of it being above my head.

Very good work out, tomorrow im going to do the fat burning, If I can lift it by then.

Does anyone that suffers with bone/back/pelvic problems do kettlebell work outs?

I'm hoping this will help me rather then make it worse xx

Hear hear Biggy... and if in doubt....TURBO CHARGE IT ;)

uuuugh I HATE those words....Turbo charge, turbo charge...much as I love Ryan, I feel like throwing my bell at the telly when he shouts that!

Hi All :)

Joanne hope your appt went ok, make sure you are fully recovered before you do your first workout. Fingers crossed for WI and hope you can get back on plan soon x

Susie lol poor hubby! Nice he tried to help, but he may think twice about easing your aches in the future. Hope the aches ease before you get on with cardio

Biggy impressive running time, you've really built the time up quickly :)

Donzy :) its like having to dress for battle swinging that bell!

Shirleen i have a post with you tube links for basic moves and techniques, I will trawl back and post the link so you can have a look

Cassy it will take a few sessions to feel more comfortable with the bell, passing hand to hand does feel awkward but you soon find your groove. It is a struggle to start (no matter what weight) your moving so differently from other exercises, but please dont drop it! As your starting with a heavy weight, dont worry about keeping up with the reps, slow it down, speed will come once you feel more comfortable with the moves. I have a lower back injury and the bells have seen a remarkable improvement in managing the pain and strengthening this area to a point where its - what back problem! My only advice is to make sure you have good form, always bend at your hips and use your butt muscles to straighten up, dont round your back. If your back is hurting doing a move your putting pressure on it so check your posture.

Toola hope you can go get that 5kg it will make such a difference :)

Chick :) are you going to get some turbo charging in this weekend, before your off on hol again!

I am hoping to get a swing in today, have the groceries, housework etc to do, and go buy a pretty frock for a works do on Friday. Planning on having a core workout today :)

Shirleen in my signature (hopefully) theres a link to some basic exercises

Morning Swingers - having a swinging free day today and am going for a drive and to do a few bits of Christmas shopping (groan). The place where I am going also has a fab food hall so I know there's going to be a couple of cheese scones with my name on them. :)

Another good move on the scales this morning so edging closer to that 20% of my lard gone forever! Back to work next week and going to be all 5 days (nightmare) so back to my Sunday, Tuesday, Thursday groove for a bit. I really enjoyed doing KW every two days and think this has shown in my WIs as well, but hard to fit in just in the evenings when I have so much else to do. Bloody work getting in the way of life :) xx

Donzy, just noticed your avatar, how absolutley adorable :) x

Sue Christmas shopping, thats far too organised lol
Great to hear you've had another loss, I am sure a little treat wont hurt as you can work that into your points. Good luck next week as its going to muck up your routine having to work a whole 5 days lol

Wk 1 cardio done!

This one really got me out of breath and sweating but I was expecting it to kill me after what I've read but it weren't too bad.

Couldn't do push ups on my toes or all the mountain climbers.

And this week I walked up the stairs at covent garden station - 193 of them! My goodness, I saw stars in my eyes at the end!

Back