Secret to shaping up

Up again early and have done Week 5 Round 2 Cardio.......OMG I thought the first set was never going to end, but I'm glad I've got it out of the way; it's a good way to start the day!
Only thing is, I forgot that I was planning to do that this morning and I had a bath and washed my hair etc last night before bed. I'm going to have to shower and wash hair again now as "the fat was melting right off my body" lol and I am stinking!
One disadvantage of exercise - between the washing machine and sometimes twice-daily hot showers, our bills have right gone up (but it's worth it ;) )
Have a great day, Swingers!
xx

Will do hun :)

I actually lol'd with the pat on the back, the first 2 times I did the kettleworx and he goes "oh one last thing reach over your shoulder..." I was that exhausted from it all I actually did it thinking it was an exercise then swore out loud when the light bulb in my head flicked back on :8855:

LMAO!!! :8855::8855::8855:

I dont have much upper body strength, deff not in my arms anyway. So starting with the 4lb kb is enough for me.

When it arrived from parcelforce I was out and my elderly neighbour took it in for me. Shoulda seen her face when I came to pick it up.. 'Have you been ordering bricks?!'

Hi all,

Not had much time to come on here, so have not been able to read back to catch up on what I've missed.

But I completed week 1 and have also just completed week 2 core - I actually find core tough! The kettle rows killed me!

Still not managed to get my 5kg bell yet - am so poor that I need to wait until my expenses are paid. I was hugging it in the big T last night, I want it!

Will catch up on Friday when life calms down!

Susie good luck with your 5 on thursday, it will feel a bit different, everyone that swaps sizes feels it's a bit awkward at first :) good service at Drs, that's like me shopping, pop in for one thing and get loads of other stuff lol

Biggy I really don't like swinging first thing in the morning lol don't feel strong enough, I fatigue very quickly! Are you going to keep doing it the morning? :D

Joanne lol how funny. Your strength will improve so get prepared to move up as you may surprise yourself! How did you find 10 min solution DVD? All exercise is good, Kettlebells and dumbbells work muscles differently as the bells weight is extended from your body versus gripped in hand which hits core big time:) good idea to swap down, your dumbbell will work for the disco ball move!

Toola good to hear you've been swinging altho really busy. That bell will wait for you :) haha cuddling a bell in T

It was Cassy that got the 10 min dvd Kron :) Hoping to get it if it is any good!

Biggy I really don't like swinging first thing in the morning lol don't feel strong enough, I fatigue very quickly! Are you going to keep doing it the morning? :D

Hi Kron,
Yes I'm up again swinging today. I know what you mean about not feeling v strong in the morning but this week my schedule is such that doing kettleworx in the morning is the only way to guarantee I get it done. And I'm still doing my running ....phew! The thing about it is I'm pretty sure I need to run three times a week to keep up my fitness/improve. It's bit time-consuming although a great stress-buster too. If only I was a lady of leisure; work really gets in the way of my exercise and social life!
I don't seem to be as bad as I used to be in the mornings - I used to always be RAVENOUS in the mornings and couldn't do anything until I had eaten a big brekkie, which then meant I had to wait a bit before exercising...but now I'm more "normal". That's Week 5 done again now.
Have a good day, everyone x

I never thought about the difference a weight and bell would be :eek: Im gonna just have one day weight next bell then weight then bell so I it's not so much strain.

Havent managed to do the 10 mins dvd yet, it'll deff be tonight and with the kettle bell, I fell asleep too early last night watching vampire movies so missed my work out lol

Hi Belles,

Well my 3 days in Paris are over and I'm back to reality!!! Had a fab time :)

You're all doing a great job, lots of new ppl really getting into it so well done :)

Biggy can't believe you are on week 5 round 2 already!!! You are flying through it and I'm really excited to see the results after round 2 :) Doing great with your running too!! You said you were a teacher? I know how demanding a job it is so hats off to you :) Hope you are finding time to plan your wedding?!!

Well I had a look on the scales today and it would seem I've gained 4 lbs in 3 days!!! Taking that with a very large pinch of salt!! Gonna get cardio 2 done today so I can tick off week2 r2 :) I don't go back to work until Monday so hoping to get week 3 completed before I go back. That's the plan anyway...... ;)

For Joanne and anyone who is interested in the 10 min kettlework outs dvd

The woman uses a dumbbell! Just done the fat burner and got annoyed at the fact she just explains where you hold the kettlebell (doesn't help me!) So 3 mins into the dvd I switched over to the 4.5kg dumbbell and it was alot simpler.
If you can put up with that it'd be good for you but I'm only going to use this dvd with the dumbbell and use kettleworx with the kettle.

It was a good work out but nowhere as intense as kettleworx (I usually can't move after that!), I didn't feel any strain in the abs but I did the arms, legs and mid back muscles only.

Yay, week 2 round 2 DONE!!! Would love to say that cardio was easy and I really enjoyed it but in reality it was a KILLER and I HATED it lol Some horrible, horrible moves I haven't done for a while - the figure 8 pass and kettlebell hold (my personal nemesis) really challenge me and I still find them difficult even with my tiny 5kg bell which seems like a feather for some moves!!! I don't think I'll ever be a fan of cardio but I'll grit my teeth and bear it cos I know it gives great results :) So glad to have it out the way now for another week :)

I'm very excited, just reserved a heart rate monitor watch thingy from Argos - it tells you calories burned etc so will look forward to wearing it during resistance week 3 and reporting back :) Might even do it later so I can play with my new toy :)

Hi All - Welcome back Chick, glad you had a good time. Paying the price for it with the Bells now though, eh! :D

That's Round 2, Wk4 done and dusted. Not a hint of the 5kg bell for this round - just my 7.5kg and my 15 pounder!! So glad I got that in betweenie bell. :)

Also some good news. Seems Mr Sue does actually listen once in a while and he has got me the Advanced Collection and managed to get the specific body group dvds (Arms and Chest) from ebay as well so I'm going to have the full Kettleworx monty for Christmas! Lucky old me! I can see me swinging on Christmas Day at this rate! :eek::D

Have a good evening Swingers! :)

Aw lucky you Sue - Mr Sue defo gets some brownie points for that :)

Yes I certainly am paying for it with the bells, my arms are aching already and only did cardio a few hours ago. Although I have been to tesco and dragged 4 bags of shopping up all my stairs!!! Got my new HRM and have tired myself out setting it up tonight so will have a play tomorrow :)

Also treated myself to another toy which I'm very excited about( before you lower the tone Sue ;) no it's not THAT) I am now the proud owner of a shiny new slow cooker - got it half price from Tesco :) I'm gonna make a yummy curry tomorrw so you're all invited to mine for tea :)

Just completed wk1 Core..can I just say how much I HATE PLANKS! :) x

@ Chick- I'll be round about 7pm! (and since when would I lower the tone?) :)
@ Joanne - don't forget to go to a happy place!!

Night peeps. xx

Night sue :) Joanne- the bell hold is the plank equivalent for me!! I actually enjoy the plank :)

Hi all :)
Hope everyone's doing ok
Just got home and tempted to get some ab work in, got a teeny dress to wear tomorrow night but think will need to wait and hopefully get 5 mins before going out to get a session in
Keep swinging :)

Im going out tomorrow as well Kron, tempted to do my resistance before I go so that its all done for my first week. No way I'll be attempting anything on Sunday!

In agony from cardio 2 yesterday :( shows its working though! Hope everyone is well :)

Back