Secret to shaping up

Kron said:
Hi Chick hope you have got home back in order, and had some energy left to do week 4 core, a nice and gentle one :)

Sue great to hear another 2lb gone :) your nearly done to, is core the last, or still got resistance as well. Looking forward to result time x

Mama bad news about your ankle, I hope its better soon. When your ready just carry on with where you left off, unless you want to do cardio again :) Keep safe!
Is that your gorgeous little one in your avatar? I never noticed before

Thanks Kron, I'll see how I get on. Will be up at 5am raring to go and, hopefully, pick up where I left off. Cheers babes... X

after much posting i have finally been allowed to add an avatar and, yes, that is a picture of my devillish-angel Mia (and I am indeed her mama...hence my login name!). see what i did there? See? See?
Lol

mama_mia said:
Thanks Kron, I'll see how I get on. Will be up at 5am raring to go and, hopefully, pick up where I left off. Cheers babes... X

after much posting i have finally been allowed to add an avatar and, yes, that is a picture of my devillish-angel Mia (and I am indeed her mama...hence my login name!). see what i did there? See? See?
Lol

Lol :)

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

I can't believe I'm asking this as at the moment just moving is agony, but how long will it be until I can exercise again and will I need to avoid the swings?

DOMS - delayed onset muscle soreness. Ok its part of your bodies adaption to new stimuli. There are things you can do - warm up/warm down, bath with epson salts and cider vinegar (mmm Ive only just realised thats a salt n vinegar bath but it does relieve soreness), use some self myofascial relief (I use 2 x small pilates balls, foam rollers also work - evidence from Aussie studies).

When starting out new exercise you get teeny weeny tears in muscle fibres - these are what you are probably experiencing. A good test is are they worse on the contraction phase e.g going down stairs. Take some anti inflammatory like ibuprofen. do some low level aerobic exercise - your aim is to improve blood flow.

Give your body time to rest, feed it good food and leave it 24 hours minimum before you exercise that muscle group again.

Hi Kron - got two sessions to go. Core on Tuesday and Resistance hopefully Thursday. Hoping for some more good results with the tape measure after Round2. :)

Hi all
been away for a while as been a bit ill, am starting to get over labrynthitis now at last (stupid ear infection which basically make me super dizzy all the time).
I had completed week 3 and then got ill and so have not been able to do anything for 3 weeks!!!!
Should I start over from week 1 again? Or could I repeat week 3 or can I just start week 4 where I left off?
So annoyed at getting ill but that coupled with low blood pressure, I just couldn't do anything!!!
xx

Thank, guys. The good news is I had to go to the dress-maker for something and I thought I'd take my wedding dress along just to ask if there was any scope to have it let out if needs be. Apparently there is! So I don't have that extra pressure if it fits but is too tight etc. Somehow I will get into it! (and it will look good ;) Even if I have to have it let out, I won't mind, I won't consider myself a failure. I know that a few months back, no matter if it was let out to the max, it would not have fitted. I think I have made progress and really want to continue.
I didn't try it on for the lady to see or anything; she just examined the seams. I will keep "shaping up" and go back to the dressmaker if needs be next Spring.
Did Week 1 with a 10kg today........uf! (Had to move down weights for boxing, kettlebell hold and half get-ups). Even moves that used to be easy (halos, lawn-mowers) were hard-going today.

Hi all, just having a catch up before I go to class

Shirleen poor you, take it easy and let your aches ease. It can be beneficial to complete some light exercises and some long slow stretches. Perhaps just swing for a couple of minutes and try and do some of the slow moves, shoulder presses, windmills etc. Martin has made some suggestions that may help ease the aches and hopefully they will go over the next day or so.

Sue looking forward to your round 2 results :)

Biggy great news there's scope to alter your dress, altho I doubt there will need to be much letting out come spring. A 10 does feel extremely heavy when starting, but after a few goes it seems to be more manageable, and as you have choices it's great you can swap down when needed

Mama Mia, lol your little one is cute, hope your ankle has improved x

Girlandthesea glad to hear your better, sounds pretty awful! PersonaLy I would carry on, but the choice is yours, you can start from scratch if you think it would build you up again

Just finished cardio wk 2. Was really easy compared to wk1 but still knackering and my inside of my legs can feel it. :)
Managed to do the press ups without the bell as Kron suggested and will try with the bell next time.

I love this thread and look forward to seeing it highlighted when I check my subscriptions on my phone.

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Susie great to hear cardio week 2 done. I think cardio week 1 scars us all for life lol well done on getting those cross over push ups done, you will build up to it x

Totally agree about loving this thread. Swingers are the bestest of people :)

Shirleen I forgot to ask, what warm up and cool down did you do? This could have a bearing on the intensity/length of your aches. It's definitely not your form, you described good posture. Hope your feeling better soon. The worst I had was for about 4 days!

Back from class, hubby couldn't go so had to carry both my 8 and 10, luckily parked near :) a few new moves introduced which were challenging but fun
One of the guys uses a 9, so I had a joke last week when I took my 10, well in he comes with a 12 tonight! Bright orange, very apt for today, it looked like a pumpkin lol

Kron said:
Back from class, hubby couldn't go so had to carry both my 8 and 10, luckily parked near :) a few new moves introduced which were challenging but fun
One of the guys uses a 9, so I had a joke last week when I took my 10, well in he comes with a 12 tonight! Bright orange, very apt for today, it looked like a pumpkin lol

I can just picture that. What competition he's found in you Kron!!!

Hey folks! I did Wk 1 core today, having started with cardio last week, and what a refreshing difference! Although I felt good (in an exhausted way!) after cardio, I felt BRILLIANT after core today and could really see how this programme would work in 6 weeks. I'm saying to myself 'we're on to a winner here'. Kettleworx -bring it on!!

Hey folks! I did Wk 1 core today, having started with cardio last week, and what a refreshing difference! Although I felt good (in an exhausted way!) after cardio, I felt BRILLIANT after core today and could really see how this programme would work in 6 weeks. I'm saying to myself 'we're on to a winner here'. Kettleworx -bring it on!!

That's great to hear. A real Fitattude expression! :D You've been sprinkled by some Mr Cheesy Ryan's fairy dust!

Seriously though it is important to like what you're doing, even if it does make you sweat buckets and grit your teeth. Hope you enjoy Resistance just as much and then you're on your way with Week 2! :)

Wk6 Core done. Love that one, except for the side elevators which I still can't do so I replaced these with windscreen wipers :)

When I'd finished, just for good measure, I thought I'd challenge my Cardio a bit and took to the garden and had a good sweep up of yet more leaves, only stopping when I'd filled the wheelie bin. Exercise-tastic or what!! :D

Looking forward to Thursday evening and Resistance Wk6, which will end my Round 2. :)

Taken another break from weights - got a minor elbow problem doc says its tennis elbow blah blah but hey ho. It was getting knackering 45min non stop kettlebell sessions were tough.

So I thought Id focus on bit of running - usually I just go for 5k once a week and aim for getting close to 25mins as a rough target. However, KB workouts have really lifted my fitness again I just rocked thru well under 25mins could have gone faster and went straight onto 15k on the stationary bike.

KB workouts have definately lifted my fitness, my ability to work harder even for shorter duration stuff.

So keep swinging those KB, when you need a break do something else and see how much fitter you are. MY target of a 8 mile x-country run in under 60mins by easter next year looks on and KB workouts are the cornerstone now.

Nice one Martin. Sorry to hear about your elbow though. I think you're our token bloke on this thread. :)

Lol @ Martin - You better watch it or we'll be throwing our virtual Kettlebells in your direction ;)

Im the man. Oh yes :eek:

Only one of two blokes at Slimming World too. Been thinking of joining sugarcraft and knitting circle as well.

:D You could probably knit your own Clanger if you put your mind to it!

Evening All, You are putting me to shame with all the swinging and exercise. I haven't done any since Sat morn! Planned on doing Core wk4 last night but lay down on my bed to rest my eyes and next thing I knew it was midnight lol mondays knowck it out of me!!

Anyway gonna get my butt in gear and do Cardio 4 tonight - looking forward to it :)

Sue....round 2 almost done...WOW!!!Good job :)

Back