Secret to shaping up

Susie25 said:
:happy036: just finished resistance Wk2

Loved it and feel really energised
Going to have some lunch now
MamaMia - I swung the bell extra hard for you... can you feel the burn? :D

I feel it Susie. I feel it gurrrrl! Well done :0)

Fancy doing Core on Friday? Or is it Cardio or Resistance for you?

OMG!!!!

On every day that I do KB's I am absolutely RAVENOUS! Does anyone else feel that way???

It's like I cant stop thinking about, or eating, food all day. The only thing saving me is my Airfryer as I can make a batch of chips before I get a chance to demolish Mia's Pomme Bears! Bad Mama...

Tell me it's not just me....

Sue, I am moving in with you! sounds lovely. I used to live the rural life and miss the great outdoors and nature. Make sure Mr Sue has an early night Thursday so he can manage that measuring tape :)

Martin lol your 12kg cup cakes sound like my attempt at baking :)

Hi Cassy welcome back. Great to hear that life is settling down and you can start focusing on the future being a slimmer leaner version of the old you. Good luck with WI, then get swinging :)

Mama lol Mia is going to have a good example from you as you eat healthy and exercise, bless her that she wants to join in with you :) Good to hear your 8 worked you, and hope you will be aching! I get days after working out when all I want to do is eat everything in sight, your body is not happy losing all those calories and wants them back! Hope you had a chance to have a go at one of the bonus dvds

Hi Just_angie dont worry about fitness level, I was extremely unfit when I first started and found it really tough, still find it tough lol but its worth the effort. So far all that have been swinging have lost a good amount of inches, and dropping dress sizes. My inch loss is 6 off my bust, 5 off under bust, 8 off waist and 7 off hips

Susie seems you have found your favourite :) good to hear your enjoying x

Getting ready to go to class, hubby coming with me tonight so can share carrying my bells lol see you later x

I'm really glad for this thread. I love reading all your posts :)
Did Wk 1 resistance today. Hats off to all on round 2 or more. Wow and yay for kettle bells!

Kron said:
Mama lol Mia is going to have a good example from you as you eat healthy and exercise, bless her that she wants to join in with you :) Good to hear your 8 worked you, and hope you will be aching! I get days after working out when all I want to do is eat everything in sight, your body is not happy losing all those calories and wants them back! Hope you had a chance to have a go at one of the bonus dvds

Hi Just_angie dont worry about fitness level, I was extremely unfit when I first started and found it really tough, still find it tough lol but its worth the effort. So far all that have been swinging have lost a good amount of inches, and dropping dress sizes. My inch loss is 6 off my bust, 5 off under bust, 8 off waist and 7 off hips

Getting ready to go to class, hubby coming with me tonight so can share carrying my bells lol see you later x

Thanks kron. She is my inspiration to be honest. I don't want her having issues she doesnt need so am trying to make her see me as an example of what is 'normal'.

How was class??? I wish we had one near by...that started at 5am! Lol

Was planning another DVD this morning but a certain someone crashed the party! Lol

After doing resistance yesterday morming, all l can say is...

Achy achy baby!!!!

Day6 after overdoing it and I can get out if my chair ok but walking downstairs is still a problem!
Have another cold too so much as my head wants to go to the gym my body says 'noooooo'!

I have the same problem, Susie, I sometimes think it's because I always wear high heels to work....I manage a little better with the baseball squat move if I point my toes outwards, heels inwards. You could try that? Good luck

Week 3 cardio completed with 5kg last night.

Boy, did it make me out of breath! Had to swap down to the 5lb for some of the moves, I couldn't cope!

Much better workout and I can feel it today. Hats off to those using bigger than 5kg!

Thanks guys, I'll try those tips next time :)

Can this be true ? After almost 2 weeks?

When I look down at my arms I can see definition to the tops of my arms ( my right one is bigger) and it feels so firm, even my biceps are firm all the time and getting wider so a proper handful now compared to my left which is just firm.
I can't stop touching it :D

Does anyone else have problems doing the baseball squat?
I find I can't keep my heels on the floor to start off with so am always on tiptoes.
Any tips please :confused:

Ok firstly Im not aware of a Baseball Squat. I think you mean a Baseball CAtchers Heel Raise.

-Squat to flat feet on teh ground in line with hips
-Feet are at 30-40 degrees - toes out/heels in
-Balance deep so your heels take the weight
-Thighs are parallel to the ground
-Contract your core (thats your whole core not just stomach muscles) you will find this helps considerably. Back is straight
- Dont bounce - but raise to the extension position, by lifting your heels
- an option is the old timers squat trick - we used to put a small weight under our heels so something say 1cm thick will do, just to get you going
- another option is to do 2/3rds squat so dont drop down so far

Still not working then try seated heel raise, standing calf raise, one legged heel raise etc..,

Tiptoes = not good, be careful of your achilles tendon. High heels can shorten your achilles - so try some calf stretch, hamstring stretch, floorbaord stretch or lunges will all help.

EDIT -I forgot my superduper easy technique for squats, learned this from my physio/pilates teacher. For squats and heel raise this will work, roll a ball (preferably a soft yoga ball, bit larger then tennis ball but anything will do) under your foot, squish it down, roll your foot from side to side etc working the udnerside of your foot. OR barefoot pick up marbles and drop them into a cup or something. You wake up the sole of your foot and get better balance before your workout. I know it sounds weird...

Last edited:
Hi guys

Can anyone reccomend any other kettlebell dvds other than kettleworx?

Thanks and well done everyone in your progress so far :)

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Hello!

I dont use any DVD but create my own workouts. However.... IVe looked at a few (I was going to get a set for my Misses but decided I can teach her better and adapt for her as she wants) but go to youtube and see which of the trainers below you might like-

- Kettleworx - range of DVDs in teh set, keep you going for a while, cut and paste editing is annoying, but accessible and well thought thru
- Steve Cotter - good technique, well suited of you have some fitness already, doesnt do conditioning as well as kettleworx
- Jillian Michaels - good structure, appalling technique, gets results over short time with her 30 day thingy
- PAvel Tstouline - Enter the Kettlebell or Russia with Tough Love, grand-daddy of it all, good technique, more strength orientated, not as easy to follow tho for beginners
- P90 or P90x not strictly kettlebell, you really need some fitness already, well thought thru
- Kettlebell Godess - not seen this but well rated and similar to kettleworx
- Angie Miller - umm bit pink for me but im told its good stuff, she is friendly easy to follow at home

Hope these get you some ideas

Susie25 said:
Does anyone else have problems doing the baseball squat?
I find I can't keep my heels on the floor to start off with so am always on tiptoes.
Any tips please :confused:

Thanks to that particular move I have damaged a ligament in my ankle and can't walk properly. Will be forwarding that bit of the DVD from now on! Lol

Week 6 Resistance done :D

Round 2 Kettleworx done :clap:

Mr Sue will not have his tape measure out :)eek:) until Saturday morning but will post the results (loss hopefully) as soon as I can.

Thinking of having a break for a week and doing some of the Fast Abs and Fat Burn sessions, before I complete the run to Christmas with a 3rd round of Kettleworx. Then my swinging chums, I am going Advanced!! :eek: :character00115: xx

Cat Lover Sue said:

Mr Sue will not have his tape measure out :)eek:) until Saturday morning but will post the results (loss hopefully) as soon as I can.

Thinking of having a break for a week and doing some of the Fast Abs and Fat Burn sessions, before I complete the run to Christmas with a 3rd round of Kettleworx. Then my swinging chums, I am going Advanced!! :eek: :character00115: xx

Sue what's the advanced stage? Is it a different set of dvd's?

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Cat Lover Sue said:

Well done to you!

Back