Secret to shaping up

Sue, congrats on completing round 2 :) will look forward to your results!

I also found the baseball pitcher move difficult to begin with but it got easier as my strength increased. I know some people have said they do kettlebells with bare feet( as I have done on occasion) but for this move I really felt wearing trainers helped as it gave the ankle some support :)

Sue what's the advanced stage? Is it a different set of dvd's?

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Hi Susie - there's an advanced set of Cardio, Core & Resistance - 18 more workouts basically.

Hey Mama Mia & Susie 25, I'm on Wk 2 now! Just did Cardio this a.m; it was great but I couldn't lift my heels off the ground for the 'pass the KBs around your knees in a figure of 8 motion' thingies! (sorry don't know the proper names for the moves yet!)
Enjoy your Wk 2 core :)

Hey Mama Mia & Susie 25, I'm on Wk 2 now! Just did Cardio this a.m; it was great but I couldn't lift my heels off the ground for the 'pass the KBs around your knees in a figure of 8 motion' thingies! (sorry don't know the proper names for the moves yet!)

I love that move, I want it to go on for longer...not !!
I was like that the last time but just kept putting my heel on the floor on my stretched out leg, the first time I ever did it on the introduction DVD I couldn't even get my legs off the floor!

I'm useless at the names too but glad people on here know what I mean :eek:

Figure of 8, love these great for abs.

I prefer them with flat feet, push your bum out and back flat. I then use a slight sideways lunge movement so that the bell swings round easily and Im taking the weight from leg to leg as the weight goes round.

I also like them done to a hold where you lift the weight using an aggressive hip snap as it passes in front of your knee, to the hold position. See Lift Kettlebells: Video Player > Kettlebell figure 8 to a hold

An alternative thats similar is the Pass Between Legs which might be an option if you need to be on your toes

Figure of 8, love these great for abs.

I prefer them with flat feet, push your bum out and back flat. I then use a slight sideways lunge movement so that the bell swings round easily and Im taking the weight from leg to leg as the weight goes round.

I also like them done to a hold where you lift the weight using an aggressive hip snap as it passes in front of your knee, to the hold position. See Lift Kettlebells: Video Player > Kettlebell figure 8 to a hold

An alternative thats similar is the Pass Between Legs which might be an option if you need to be on your toes

Just looked at theat video and the figure 8 to hold looks really good I might try that or add it on at the end of something
Thanks Martin x

trimlee said:

Well done trimlee! I am finding things are getting easier so am sure that this one will too. I have lower back issues so proceed with certain exercises with caution; that one in particular alongside the rowing one. Holding my legs up seems to put so much presses on my back so I modify where I can.
Well done again!!!! Woop woo

Susie25 said:
I love that move, I want it to go on for longer...not !!
I was like that the last time but just kept putting my heel on the floor on my stretched out leg, the first time I ever did it on the introduction DVD I couldn't even get my legs off the floor!

I'm useless at the names too but glad people on here know what I mean :eek:

LOL Susie....

Susie25 said:
Well done got mine at lunch time. Dreading it really as I'm useless at it.

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Go Susie Go!!!

Hi all :)
Lots of good stuff being posted

Toola great to hear you picked up a 5 and have started week 3 with it, I bet it feels alot harder, but know that your going to get quicker and better results :) It wont be long and it will feel like a feather lol

Trimlee doing great :) Cardio week 2 isnt as bad a sweek 1 is it lol Is it the seated figure of 8s causing problems? If so, just keep trying, your core needs to strengthen some more, and that will be happening really quickly!

Mama glad to hear you are achy lol People must tink we are a bit barmy liking that good feeling :) Concentrate on using your ab muscles to help take the strain off your back when doing any seated moves with kbs. I had a back injury and the bells have really helped by strengthening my core virtually eliminating the pain I had 24hrs a day!

Susie with the baseball catcher move, practice your squat position, it may be that you need your feet wider apart to keep your heels down as Toola suggested. Alternatively do them standing, feet shoulder width apart and raising up onto your toes, make it a bit harder and do a shoulder press as well :) Great to hear you can start seeing some results! I started noticing it in my arms after a couple of weeks, its a great motivator, but dont be stroking yourself in public lol Hope Week 2 core goes ok, it can seem hard, but as your core builds it will get easier. Awesome result on your weight loss this week, not bad for swinging an hour a week :)

Shirleen you did get it bad! Hope your cold goes away and you can get to the gym, just go easy

cjeb welcome, I have some cheap dvds linked into my signature, I would recommend Lauren Brooks
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Lauren-Broo...UTF8&coliid=IWU1Z7DN03JOI&colid=34II1RT1AK0CC or if you really want a toughie K

Oops sorry posted reply before i had finished lol

cont.....

Lauren has 3 dvds so worth checkeing these out
Katami works you hard, I have 2 of his dvds
Paul Katami Kettlebell Drills DVD Region 0 play Worldwide: Amazon.co.uk: Film & TV Please dont get Jillian Micheals, not that there is anything wrong with her, but her technique is poor for kbs
Edit: Forgot to add Kettlercise, another good one http://www.amazon.co.uk/Kettlercise-Just-Women-Set-DVD/dp/B0052K7IDA

Donzy yeah :) How is sil getting on, has she got her own bell yet lol

Sue all done! Will be eagerly waiting results on Saturday :) Enjoy your mini break doing fast abs and burn, before starting round 3, santa is going to be so good to you bringing the advanced version

Chick I only swing with bare feet, even at class :)

Martin are you getting the missus to swing with you ;)

I am at home today (supposed to be working lol) as i woke up this morning to find with the heavy rain we had my swinging room ceiling was leaking badly! Had to go into work to pick some stuff up, and the roofer has just been and made temporary repairs, needs to get scaffolding uo as some other damage, now waiting for the ceiling man to come and assess the damage! Luckily it is just the spare room, I was thinking about repainting in there soon, as hasnt been done for a while, and my daughter had last done it so its been that way ever since she moved out

Last edited:
Susie very bad news, hope you recover soon. Is it rolling from the floor into an upright type of position that is causing this? A form of motion sickness? I can suggest alternative moves but will need to know exactly what is creating this sick/headache feeling your getting so as not suggest other moves that have the same effect

New to the thread

Firstly I would like to say Hi to you all.
Was so inspired by Krons post that I have already ordered my first Kettlebell even though I only bought an Abs roller 2 days prior and my OH says I need to stop buying gym equipment as I currently own: exercise bike, pedal bike, mini vibro plate, stepper, ab cruncher, slendertone abs – have I missed anything? OH says I could start my own gym J
Unable to start using the KB at the moment as recovering from foot surgery but cant wait to start. Already started making a list of vids on youtube. I looked up the Lauren Brooks Body Sculpt And Conditioning With Kettlebells dvd – little expensive but I found some of her vids on you tube. Which I have linked.
Kron – thanks for the links/suggestions on exercises/reps that you have posted – looking forward to trying them out. May have to look at ones I can do sitting down at the start.
My goal to lose my weight was Dec, but that has been hampered by my op/recovery so my main target is to lose and shape up in time for my 40th – Oct 2012 and to be able to wear a sexy 2 piece when we gone on holiday at that time J

Back