Secret to shaping up

Kron said:
Susie very bad news, hope you recover soon. Is it rolling from the floor into an upright type of position that is causing this? A form of motion sickness? I can suggest alternative moves but will need to know exactly what is creating this sick/headache feeling your getting so as not suggest other moves that have the same effect

Kron I think it is. I've tried to keep my eyes on a certain point but it's difficult. It seemed to happen again after the move where you kick up from the hips and then crunch. I got through it but as soon as I did half get ups it just felt worse and I felt really I'll and had a massive headache again.

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Week 3 core completed with 5kg. Feel fine at the moment but hoping to feel the burn later on.

I had a sneaky week 3 waist measurement and the number is going down even though the scales have gone up - reckon the fat has moved to my butt!

Susie in my KB Abs album have a look at the moves numbers 3, 4, 5, 11, all do a great abs workout without having to roll up, so see how you get on replacing the hip thrust and crunch one. The half get ups can be replaced doing some windmills (disco side bends) as they are really good for the sides, back and front of your waist. Let me know how you get on, and if you need any explaination of the moves shown

Hi Debs wow that is quite a selection, thats why I love the bells - a gym in the palm of your hand :) You will be fit and fab well before your 40th, might need to plan another holiday long before then to try out that sexy two piece bfore your 40th ;) Seated rows, ab type moves can be done without standing so hope you get a chance to start while your healing. Great link thanks for posting it

Toola lol great to hear the inches are going, the scales will catch up :)

Susie25 said:
Damm, damm, damm

Just tried to complete core wk2, same problem as last week, did first set then started second set got to roll and kick and halfway through it started feeling sick again, tried to do half getups and it got worse. I now have a headache and feel yuk :cry:

Poor poor you! I remember getting sick a lot when I first started training but it soon passed. Sending cuddles x

mama_mia said:
Poor poor you! I remember getting sick a lot when I first started training but it soon passed. Sending cuddles x

Thank you Mama Mia I don't think it's over training it's like a motion sickness and I only get it when I do those damn hip thrust ones and then anything after that just makes it worse until I have to stop.

Kron said:
Susie in my KB Abs album have a look at the moves numbers 3, 4, 5, 11, all do a great abs workout without having to roll up, so see how you get on replacing the hip thrust and crunch one. The half get ups can be replaced doing some windmills (disco side bends) as they are really good for the sides, back and front of your waist. Let me know how you get on, and if you need any explaination of the moves shown

Thanks Kron. I looked at them last time it happened but thought I'd give it another go. I'll take another look and try them out tomorrow xx

OMG! :clap:

I have finally taken the plunge and bought my 10kg!!! :girlpower:

I keep on starting off the sessions with my 6kg and thinking "this is too light". I then go onto the 8kg and feel challenged.

I decided to get the 10kg because 1) i like buying stuff :) and, 2) because i like buying stuff!

i bought the lovely girly pink one on Amazon.:eek:

I think we need a thread where we show off our new KB related purchases... LOL

Oops sorry posted reply before i had finished lol

Martin are you getting the missus to swing with you ;)

Oops not good with the celing. still it could be worse we had broken soil pipe. Not nice at all that...

Now the thing is....as of weigh in yesterday I weigh the same as my misses. I dont think she is too happy :cry:. She cant exercise as easily as me (part commute and part back problem) but I think tomorrow Im going to just buy some kb's for her; prob the Davina set or something from Argos. Ill nick my step sons 16kg and just take her thru some 20 min sessions. Ill ask Father Christmas for a 20 or 24kg they are a bit pricey tho but means we can train together and I wont get annoyed/short tempered/bored as ill be challenged

She has lost weight from SW but at I think half the rate I have. Proves what can be done tho!

Oops not good with the celing. still it could be worse we had broken soil pipe. Not nice at all that...

Now the thing is....as of weigh in yesterday I weigh the same as my misses. I dont think she is too happy :cry:. She cant exercise as easily as me (part commute and part back problem) but I think tomorrow Im going to just buy some kb's for her; prob the Davina set or something from Argos. Ill nick my step sons 16kg and just take her thru some 20 min sessions. Ill ask Father Christmas for a 20 or 24kg they are a bit pricey tho but means we can train together and I wont get annoyed/short tempered/bored as ill be challenged

She has lost weight from SW but at I think half the rate I have. Proves what can be done tho!

Men seem to lose faster than women. I'm on the nutracheck site and the men on there just burn loads, they are a real inspiration. Even Mr Susie who is not anywhere near over weight can lose 3lbs in a week just by going on the cross trainer and cutting out biscuits where as I lose 1-2lbs a week :sigh:

OMG I thought it was just my husband who could lose 6 stone on the 'cut out chocolate digestives' diet! LOL

Firstly I would like to say Hi to you all.
Was so inspired by Krons post that I have already ordered my first Kettlebell even though I only bought an Abs roller 2 days prior and my OH says I need to stop buying gym equipment as I currently own: exercise bike, pedal bike, mini vibro plate, stepper, ab cruncher, slendertone abs – have I missed anything? OH says I could start my own gym J
Unable to start using the KB at the moment as recovering from foot surgery but cant wait to start. Already started making a list of vids on youtube. I looked up the Lauren Brooks Body Sculpt And Conditioning With Kettlebells dvd – little expensive but I found some of her vids on you tube. Which I have linked.
Kron – thanks for the links/suggestions on exercises/reps that you have posted – looking forward to trying them out. May have to look at ones I can do sitting down at the start.
My goal to lose my weight was Dec, but that has been hampered by my op/recovery so my main target is to lose and shape up in time for my 40th – Oct 2012 and to be able to wear a sexy 2 piece when we gone on holiday at that time J
Welcome Debs1972!

I am quite new to this site too and can confirm that they are all lovely!!!

My name is MamaMia and I am a gym-o-holic!
I too have a problem with buying more fitness stuff and have my own gym at home (running machine, eliptical, bike, pilates machine etc. etc. etc).
Like Kron, i am confident that you will reach your goals using the 'bells'. Injuries suck but you've the right attitude by doing what you can. I am only just getting that myself and wish i'd learned that years ago...

Mama x

Martin do you think she will give it a go? Please break her in gently, you are extremely motivated and push yourself, and I don't want you putting her of by giving her double snatch with squat type moves! Lol my hubby has started coming to class with me recently (he wouldn't before and stayed in with kw) it is good to do it together, and he has even more respect for me now. He uses a 6, and I have my 10 :)

Mama retail therapy is one that should be indulged as required, a shiney new pink on it's way and a 10 wow that is pretty amazing, you are catching up with me already :)

Roof has had a temporary fix but needs more work - seems roofers were having a pretty busy day today
lol hole in my ceiling will at least get me to redecorate that room!

Martin do you think she will give it a go? Please break her in gently, you are extremely motivated and push yourself, and I don't want you putting her of by giving her double snatch with squat type moves! Lol my hubby has started coming to class with me recently (he wouldn't before and stayed in with kw) it is good to do it together, and he has even more respect for me now. He uses a 6, and I have my 10 :)

Mama retail therapy is one that should be indulged as required, a shiney new pink on it's way and a 10 wow that is pretty amazing, you are catching up with me already :)

Roof has had a temporary fix but needs more work - seems roofers were having a pretty busy day today
lol hole in my ceiling will at least get me to redecorate that room!

OMG my wedding ring has now started falling off - either im getting thinner or its a sign!!!

so im going to break the misses in with the following

warm up 5mins
45 seconds (or 20 per side) then 15 secs rest for the following

Halo
Round and Round she goes
Figure 8
Goblet Squat
Tactical Lunge
Alternating kettlebell arm row
Thruster
Double arm swing
Hang Clean
Floor Press
Arnold Press
One arm push press
Crush
Hammer Curl
Tricep extension
Russian twist
Sit up

Warm down

Ill swing the hoover round and cook the dinner and hey ho were on our way

Looks good Martin, I would have loved getting coached when I first started, hope it works out
You better not lose that ring, you will be be in sooo much trouble :)

Hi All, I am new to this and hoping that i do as well as all of you.I got the kettleworx 6wk workout and starting tomoro any tips will try my best to follow everything.Just a little bit worried as i fractured my ankle last year and get arthritis in my shoulder at times. I watched the introduction but i take it i dont do any of exercises from that was goi ng to start with cardio.

Hi Mama & thanks for the welcome. Wow you do have your own gym but the difference is I bet you have been using all of your equipment. I was not using my equiment regular and prefered to go to the gym. I think being immobile has made me miss exercising and I can wait to start again.
I have just told my OH that I bought a KB and he had that look of “oh no here we go again, what can we use it for – doorstopper?” He then started to tell me about the fact that you can exercise with household equipment or tins, bags of sugar etc and he showed me the Rocky 5 Training Montage and what he siad was right but I have the equipment now so I will use it lol.
You say you are a gym-a-holic, is that your home gym or local? For me I prefer gym but I prefer to go with someone but I want to start enjyoing working out at home more. I forgot to mention I have many DVD including Zumba which I love. I also enjoyed walking and would love to find another regular walking partner.

Off subject – mama, the baby in your avatar is adorable.

Does anyone use a free online site for tracking weight, body measurements etc. I currently use daily Burn, but its £45 a year and the food tracking is not good as it is US. I use My fitnesspal also but you cant track body measurements.

Martin – I read the workout you have given your missus as a starter and all I can say is I am exhausted from just reading it. You will have to let us know how she gets on with it and how she is the following day J

Hi & welcome Maggie

i got my kettleworx on wednesday and have just done week 1 cardio - can't believe i got up so early on a saturday.

anyway, i got through it but couldn't do some of the exercises - namely the push ups and mountain climbers. but i have decided to plough through and just do what i can as i will be repeating the 6 week programme....probably more than once. i am now very hot and sweaty. this could save me a fortune on heating bills!

martin - my wedding ring is a bit tight so i look forward to it getting a bit looser!

Kron - your weight and inch loss is impressive, what an achievement. i am hoping i get as addicted to kettlebells as you are!

Susie - hope you get your motion sickness sorted.

hi to all the other newbies, nice to see others starting off at the same time. we can compare aches and progress!

there is some great advice and motivation on this thread.

MartinD said:
OMG my wedding ring has now started falling off - either im getting thinner or its a sign!!!

so im going to break the misses in with the following

warm up 5mins
45 seconds (or 20 per side) then 15 secs rest for the following

Halo
Round and Round she goes
Figure 8
Goblet Squat
Tactical Lunge
Alternating kettlebell arm row
Thruster
Double arm swing
Hang Clean
Floor Press
Arnold Press
One arm push press
Crush
Hammer Curl
Tricep extension
Russian twist
Sit up

Warm down

Ill swing the hoover round and cook the dinner and hey ho were on our way

Please don't take this the wrong way....I am sincerely glad I'm not your Missus!
Have you got a sizeable insurance policy on her???
Just reading the list made me want to cry!
Lol!

Last edited:
Back