Secret to shaping up

Hi Ceres, congrats on starting and very brave doing cardio first- cardio 1 is renowned for being the most challenging!! good luck with the rest of the programme! Hope you've taken some measurements/ photos so you can compare after 6 weeks :)

Well I've been a lazy swinger but gonna dust off the bell and get week 4 finished with cardio later today! Can't say I'm looking forward to it but do love the sense of achievement when it's over :)

Oh and going off track here but I lost 3.5 lbs this week so I'm one happy chick :)

chickadee83 said:
Hi Ceres, congrats on starting and very brave doing cardio first- cardio 1 is renowned for being the most challenging!! good luck with the rest of the programme! Hope you've taken some measurements/ photos so you can compare after 6 weeks :)

Well I've been a lazy swinger but gonna dust off the bell and get week 4 finished with cardio later today! Can't say I'm looking forward to it but do love the sense of achievement when it's over :)

Oh and going off track here but I lost 3.5 lbs this week so I'm one happy chick :)

Ooh well done in the loss xx

thanks chickadee. i did the cardio first to get it out of the way - i read on here it was the worst one so i thought i'd get it over and done with. my legs are a bit jelly-like now so can only imagine what i will feel like tomorrow!

well done on your loss this week - 3.5lbs is great. are you finding kettleworx round 2 easier?

Good Morning Swingers :D. Well as promised Mr Sue has had his tape measure out early! Here's my results from Round 2:

Arms: 0.5cm loss from left, 0 from right
Thighs: 1cm loss from both
Waist: 2cm loss
Hips: 5cm loss (lost nothing on Round 1)
Bust: 5cm loss (poor Mr Sue :cry:)

So a 14.5cm loss in total, which I'm really delighted with.

Scales also moved a huge 3 lbs this morning so that's another half stone gone, 20% of my starting lard gone and I'm sat on 13 stone exactly. Hope to shift 1lb before my WI next Friday morning (a day early) so I can skip off to Glasvegas in the 12 stone bracket and then aim to put it back on with a mahoosive pig out at TGI Fridays!!! :D

Hi maggie welcome, my biggest tip is to keep with good form even if it means you dont keep up with the number of reps, that will come, and week 1 cardio is a killer :) If you have any questions, concerns etc please post and we will offer as much help as we can. Take some measurements and photos to track your progress, and keep us updated on how your doing :)

Ceres well done on getting started and getting week 1 cardio done! You will find that some moves that seem impossible or really hard will start to come together as you progress :)

Chick amazing loss this week :) Have fun with cardio lol

Its raining! but checked my room and its still dry lol
Hope to have a swing today, if I have the energy after clearing that room out a bit. A bit of stress relief is in order, and a bit of damage control from key lime pie last night lol

Nice one Chick. Scotland's weighing nearly 1/2 stone lighter this morning cause of us two!!! :)

Sue Fantastic result! So pleased for you, and another 3lbs gone as well, your doing so well :) Total of 34.5cm loss for 12 hours workout is a really great achievement, Well done x

Nice one Chick. Scotland's weighing nearly 1/2 stone lighter this morning cause of us two!!! :)

Sue, I read in the paper last week that 1 in 5 Scots are obese so we are doing our bit :)

Congrats on your cm loss and also weight loss - it's really good to see your hard work paying off isn't it?! :) Oh and enjoy your trip to Glasgow - have some chicken fajita nachos and a strawberry daquiri for me :)

Pleased to report week 4 is done :) Cardio really killed me today, I'm feeling a bit run down which didn't help and half way through second set I felt like chucking it :( Decided to drop down to my 5 kg istead though so better than nowt!! Felt like Kettleworx Kimberely was mocking me slightly....she squats soooo low and swings that bell sooooo high lol

thanks chickadee. i did the cardio first to get it out of the way - i read on here it was the worst one so i thought i'd get it over and done with. my legs are a bit jelly-like now so can only imagine what i will feel like tomorrow!

well done on your loss this week - 3.5lbs is great. are you finding kettleworx round 2 easier?

Thanks! I'm still finding r2 challenging cos I've upped my bell from 5kg to 7.5 kg. At the start of r2 I was able to do the first set with the 7.5 kg and then had to swap to 5 kg for second set but now I'm able to do the majority( bar a few moves) with the heavier bell so I guess I'm making progress. The beauty of Kettleworxs is that you can challenge yourself by not only upping the weight but by swinging higher and faster and squatting lower - I never want to find it easy cos then I know that I won't be getting the best results :)

I think it will still be a while yet before I am able to progress to a 10kg!!!

Hope you are not too sore tomorrow!! I was in pain for days after cardio 1 lol

week 1 cardio done did not think i would make it up the stairs to the bedroom afterwards my legs felt like jelly and i was so hot and sweaty,there was a few moves i could not do but hopefully as i get used to working out it will all fall in to place. I am glad its only 20 mins

Debs1972 said:
Hi Mama & thanks for the welcome. Wow you do have your own gym but the difference is I bet you have been using all of your equipment. I was not using my equiment regular and prefered to go to the gym. I think being immobile has made me miss exercising and I can wait to start again.
I have just told my OH that I bought a KB and he had that look of "oh no here we go again, what can we use it for - doorstopper?" He then started to tell me about the fact that you can exercise with household equipment or tins, bags of sugar etc and he showed me the Rocky 5 Training Montage and what he siad was right but I have the equipment now so I will use it lol.
You say you are a gym-a-holic, is that your home gym or local? For me I prefer gym but I prefer to go with someone but I want to start enjyoing working out at home more. I forgot to mention I have many DVD including Zumba which I love. I also enjoyed walking and would love to find another regular walking partner.

Off subject - mama, the baby in your avatar is adorable.

hey Debs!
Thanks for complementing my Mia x

I work out at home. No matter how many times I tried the gym I just couldn't persuade myself to go!

Also, I'm am a serious morning person (like, 5am), so going to the gym just isn't an option!!!

As for Mr Debs, just repeat the words "happy wife, happy life!" LOL

Well done for getting ur bell, you'll love it!

Am contemplating getting Zimbabwe (started a thread) but am worried about my knee (lost cartilage). All advice welcome...

martinD- let us know how she gets on....Poor thing! LOL

mama_mia said:
hey Debs!
Thanks for complementing my Mia x

I work out at home. No matter how many times I tried the gym I just couldn't persuade myself to go!

Also, I'm am a serious morning person (like, 5am), so going to the gym just isn't an option!!!

As for Mr Debs, just repeat the words "happy wife, happy life!" LOL

Well done for getting ur bell, you'll love it!

Am contemplating getting Zimbabwe (started a thread) but am worried about my knee (lost cartilage). All advice welcome...

martinD- let us know how she gets on....Poor thing! LOL

That was meant to say Zumba!!

Sue, I read in the paper last week that 1 in 5 Scots are obese so we are doing our bit :)

Congrats on your cm loss and also weight loss - it's really good to see your hard work paying off isn't it?! :) Oh and enjoy your trip to Glasgow - have some chicken fajita nachos and a strawberry daquiri for me :)

Pleased to report week 4 is done :) Cardio really killed me today, I'm feeling a bit run down which didn't help and half way through second set I felt like chucking it :( Decided to drop down to my 5 kg istead though so better than nowt!! Felt like Kettleworx Kimberely was mocking me slightly....she squats soooo low and swings that bell sooooo high lol

Trust me there will be no calorie counting when I'm in TGIs! It will be a year since I was last there so I feel I'm owed a cocktail or four!! :D

Need to get a few Christmas pressies, bits for the house (John Lewis how I love thee) and then I'm going to Bravissimo to be re-measured for bras and then try to find some jeans that won't hang off ma arse!

Wk4 Cardio is the one I very nearly threw up in, on Round 1. R2 was better but I was still seeing stars! There must be something about it. And I know what you mean about Kettleworx Kimberley. She's just a little too smug for me. I much prefer Tracey, the little blonde lady who wears the blue top. She's always smiling. :)

Looking forward to Fat Burn and Fast Abs tomorrow. x

Sue enjoy your cocktails you deserve them, it is really nice and friendly on here.I hope the other workouts are a little bit nicer my legs never felt like that before.I thought squats would be the worst but i did not mind them.My God the one where you have to keep jumping your feet back and forth could not do terrified of doing my ankle in,i think they are mountain climbers or something like that

I just watched two blokes on Youtube do Kettleworx Cardio week one and Resistence week one.

Some of it (most of it) looked beyond me! But I did have to have a chuckle that both blokes were doing it in ill fitting kit and socks! I thought one of them had a bra on and then realised it was a HRM!

Seriously girls you are good! Oh and Martin D lol

Shirleen said:
I just watched two blokes on Youtube do Kettleworx Cardio week one and Resistence week one.

Some of it (most of it) looked beyond me! But I did have to have a chuckle that both blokes were doing it in ill fitting kit and socks! I thought one of them had a bra on and then realised it was a HRM!

Seriously girls you are good! Oh and Martin D lol

That actually made me LOL!!!

chickadee83 said:

Well done chick.. Great loss this week!!!

KW Kimberley has nothing on you (except ridiculous abs and 0% body fat ;)) Look her square in the eye and laugh at her swinging that measly baby bell lol

Shirleen can you post those links, i love seeing guys struggle with kw lol

Sue have a great shopping trip, will be a good feeling finding smaller size jeans to wear, I know Mr Sue wont be that impressed with smaller cup sizes tho lol

Maggie, hope your feeling ok today. If you have concerns doing moutain climbers, swap them for swings which will give you the cardio workout to get your heart rate going

Chick hope your feeling better, good for you getting it done even tho your feeling under the weather

Mama I have heard some good things about zumba, its more of a cardio workout, but as with any jumping about be careful of any dodgy knees!

Back