Secret to shaping up

Trust me there will be no calorie counting when I'm in TGIs! It will be a year since I was last there so I feel I'm owed a cocktail or four!! :D

Need to get a few Christmas pressies, bits for the house (John Lewis how I love thee) and then I'm going to Bravissimo to be re-measured for bras and then try to find some jeans that won't hang off ma arse!

Wk4 Cardio is the one I very nearly threw up in, on Round 1. R2 was better but I was still seeing stars! There must be something about it. And I know what you mean about Kettleworx Kimberley. She's just a little too smug for me. I much prefer Tracey, the little blonde lady who wears the blue top. She's always smiling. :)

Looking forward to Fat Burn and Fast Abs tomorrow. x

Yes, Tracey is always smiling isn't she lol I bet she has some killer abs hiding under that top!! Kimberly is just a big show off lol

Week5 resistance done :) I LOVE wk5r it is by far my fav!!! Think it's because there are hardly any 'cardio' type moves lol I love the windmills too( disco side bends) Only 5 more Kettleworks sessions and that'll be round 2 done, woohoo :)

morning all. well as expected i am in pain today after week 1 cardio yesterday - i definitely worked those muscles even with my little 5lb bell!

maggie - i couldn't do the mountain climbers either, or the push ups. i'm going to take kron's advise and swap them for swings until i am a bit (or a lot!) fitter.

Shirleen bless him lol I see he has some more videos as he progressed. His form is pretty poor, knees over the toes and a bit wobbly, but I think most of us were like that when we started just trying to keep up!

I have noticed you can download kw with some 'torrent' type thingy, not sure how good it is, as this type of thing is a little beyond me lol

Chick two days kw on the trot, great going :)

Ceres great feeling i hope lol

Recognise Heather without her top :) Bit too much methinks!
http://www.facebook.com/pages/The-KettleWorx-Mom/133825609987686?v=info

OK now I can walk again and the cold is nearly gone, I'm getting serious!
Decided if it's good enough for Mrs Martin D then maybe I could do the same routine at lower reps.
So I have LOADS of questions

Looking up the list the moves I will find hard are the Russian twist...there is no way I could keep my legs off the floor like that, is there a cheats way? y abs are definitely my weakest area.
The floor press looks hard too do I have to use two at a time?

Also looking at my schedule there's a week i can go to the gym 6 days a week, the following week I can only manage Monday and Tuesday and then Friday Saturday and Sunday (possibly not friday as the Gym is chocka block)
So should I do KB every time or alternate with treadmill/cycle?
I'm going to go really really slowly this time, I do not want to go through that again!

Kettleworx cardio for youtube week one1 part 1.mp4 - YouTube (check out the kit....and the socks!)

Kettleworx Introduction DVD for youtube week one1.mp4 - YouTube (bra man)

But now I know the rough moves I can google the correct form!

Just wantched the first video( sock guy) lol the socks upto the shins did make me chuckle. Good on him though - I think it's really brave putting yourself out there when people will be judging your form and dress sense lol Don't think I'd be brave enough!!! You should see some of the outfits I work out in....today it was polka dot pj bottoms a stripey vest top and lovely red socks lol

I'll need to check out bra man now :)

Shirleen great to hear your up and well again
Russian twist, you can keep your heels on the floor, pull your stomach right in and try and squeeze pelvic floor - will be quite tough but work towards it, then try lifting your heels for a few goes, and see yourself work up

The floor press use 2? - sorry a bit lost on the 2

See how you feel, it is recommended to give your muscles a break, but will depend on what you do, i.e. you could do a few minute swing session each time, great warm up as well as all over body conditioning. You could do squat type moves one day, with shoulder presses the next etc so not working the same muscle groups each day. I do windmills each time, cos I love that move and always try and incorporate both upper and body moves together = twice the workout in half the time :) i.e. holding bell at chest height, elbows tucked in, squat into overhead press. This works all your major muscles. Will you be able to get the gym to make you a programme?

Kron - OMG just followed that link to Heather. I admire the fact that she must work very hard to achieve those results but I agree that it's too much!! She has had three kids too so just goes to show what can be achieved with hardwork, willpower and determination!!

Shirleen great to hear your up and well again
Russian twist, you can keep your heels on the floor, pull your stomach right in and try and squeeze pelvic floor - will be quite tough but work towards it, then try lifting your heels for a few goes, and see yourself work up

The floor press use 2? - sorry a bit lost on the 2

See how you feel, it is recommended to give your muscles a break, but will depend on what you do, i.e. you could do a few minute swing session each time, great warm up as well as all over body conditioning. You could do squat type moves one day, with shoulder presses the next etc so not working the same muscle groups each day. I do windmills each time, cos I love that move and always try and incorporate both upper and body moves together = twice the workout in half the time :) i.e. holding bell at chest height, elbows tucked in, squat into overhead press. This works all your major muscles. Will you be able to get the gym to make you a programme?

The snooty PT would do me a programme but they cost £20 so I'll give that a miss! Even though I was so sore I can feel the difference in my leg strength, in fact yesterday I caught myself squatting to pick something up and not needing a prop to get myself up again (yes I am THAT unfit)!
I've promised myself a KB as a reward for some Overtime, just the 5kg from Tesco. I may get the 7.5kg after Christmas.

The floor press videos I saw were fellers using two KB's (show offs) I will do that with the Russian Twists thanks for the tip. I may do a Abs class to strengthen up a bit too!

Shirleen - pilates is very good for strengthening(sp?!) abs and it's low intensity too but really effective :) I did pilates before KW and found Core quite easy because my core is quite strong - a result of the pilates I think!

You would have thought creating programmes would be a part of your membership!

Haha I used to have to haul myself back up, getting down was never a problem, also if I laid on the couch it was a roll, with two handed push, bit of a leg kick to try and get me in an upright position, so know where your coming from lol

A 5kg will be perfect for starting, and a well deserved pressie for working overtime :)

Wouldn't recommend starting with 2 bells, bit more advanced that one! Just have a go on the moves in my basic links as they will give you correct technique and foundation

Chick I only had 1 child so that's my excuse lol

Off for a swing while dinner is cooking (really hope the crackling doesn't turn out good lol) hubby was going to core week 4 as he wants abs workout so I suggested doing my Katimo one which has a good core routine, he has agreed, he doesn't know that it's a toughie so will see how he gets on lol

That's a really good price, I take it all back lol

Why don't men listen! We had to abort the DVD as hubby didn't go down in weight as I suggested and nearly pulled his arm out of it's socket on one move lol serves him right, if I reach for a 6 and tell him to use the baby bell, why does he have to try and be macho and go heavier than me. Think he's learned his lesson lol We got an abs workout done, he thinks Ryan is a lot easier!

Found my winter coat clearing out my flooded room, slightly on the large size, felt like achild dressing up in mums clothes, hubby was shocked when I showed him as it used to be bursting at the seams! Found my boots, there zip ups and now look like wellies! I used to have such a hard time finding boots to fit my calves without zipping my skin up, or only able to do them half way up ..... Swingers be warned of the effects of the bells ;)

That does mean I get to go shopping :)

Kron said:
That's a really good price, I take it all back lol

Why don't men listen! We had to abort the DVD as hubby didn't go down in weight as I suggested and nearly pulled his arm out of it's socket on one move lol serves him right, if I reach for a 6 and tell him to use the baby bell, why does he have to try and be macho and go heavier than me. Think he's learned his lesson lol We got an abs workout done, he thinks Ryan is a lot easier!

Found my winter coat clearing out my flooded room, slightly on the large size, felt like achild dressing up in mums clothes, hubby was shocked when I showed him as it used to be bursting at the seams! Found my boots, there zip ups and now look like wellies! I used to have such a hard time finding boots to fit my calves without zipping my skin up, or only able to do them half way up ..... Swingers be warned of the effects of the bells ;)

That does mean I get to go shopping :)

Lol at the idea of you in your mums clothes!!!! What magic the bells do for you! & you get to go shopping whoop whoop!!

Keep up the good work guys and well done to all newbies. I'm having a 30DS break from the bells but I'll be back. They are certainly a powerful tool! And I'm hoping Father Christmas is gonna bring me the advanced set :)

Cleogin :) can't say your taking a bell break while your swinging a 12 lol Hope Santa brings you kw advanced, you will need a heavier bell at home by then!

Kron said:
Cleogin :) can't say your taking a bell break while your swinging a 12 lol Hope Santa brings you kw advanced, you will need a heavier bell at home by then!

Haha!!! But it nearly kills me and it's only once a week. I cant cope with my 7.5 at home let alone a 12!!. Think it's the pressure of someone watching you! As good as Ryan is..... He's far too nice to tell me off!
:)

Looks good Martin, I would have loved getting coached when I first started, hope it works out
You better not lose that ring, you will be be in sooo much trouble :)

Mission accomplished. New set of Davina's kb's and we did my session, dropped just a couple of exercises and did it at a modest pace. Got to think about some alternatives (my misses had major back surgery a few years ago) but seemed to all work ok, she stuck with the 2.5kg for starters and I with a 16kg which was a bit challenging.

So we are still talking, she didnt get annoyued with me, and no need for the United Nations to call round and sort any isssues out and she even said she was glad she did it!!!

Hopefully another session Tues and start to get this part of the rountine at home

I can hardly walk today i have never felt like this coming from the gym i feel quite good though.Ceres i will take Krons advice as well and do swings instead.Half of me is looking forward to tomoro and the other half scared do not know if i should do resistance or core?

Martin fantastic news! Glad to hear she coped with your programme and you worked hard at it too. Looks promising in getting a swinging routine going :)

Maggie you survived! Lol Both core and resistance are a lot easier. Hope your aches ease so your ready for your next session

Cleogin haha I wonder what he would be like as a PT, he may have a boot camp mode lol

Leg muscles aching mega today. Must be the squats (and did a 1.5 hr family bike ride ydy). Looking fwd to Wk 2 core tomorrow! Well done to all, especially my KB seniors (those who started this fab fitness journey ahead of me) :)

Back