Secret to shaping up

I love that ache after exercise, personally, but I don't think the absence of the ache is a sign of an ineffective work-out. I've started doing some weight training in the gym now when I have time and I have yet to feel any aches from that. Yet I know I'm challenging new muscles and lifting challenging weights.....

Also, I did an Abs DVD three times last week (pretty hardcore one at that, it was a Jillian Michaels one). When I was doing it I was thinking, Oh this is oooo gonna hurt tomorrow and.....nothing really. Just a slight twinge.

Don't lose heart. It sounds like you're doing the right things and that you're finding the exercise sufficiently challenging. x

done core wk one today not any where near as bad as cardio,there was a couple of moves that i found a bit difficult my lower back can be quite weak so i found the one where you have to lift your bum off the ground and lift back up as well/instead i done the knees up and going left and right.Cardio again on sat

Evening me old muckers!

I hope ur all doing well. Work has been stressing me out so haven't had the luxury of checking in (management sucks!). Also my ankle is still playing up (stoopid catchers, heel raise move thingy) so training hasn't been easy!

Anyway, I managed to hobble through Cardio week 3 today and it was good. 8kg is defo the right weight for me for now...

The best bit was my mate Ryan introducing me to....

The Gun Slinger!!!

OMG - what a killer move! I love it and am now going to buy a Stetson and a bandana that I can wear when I do that move. Maybe even some chaps! (steady!)

"There ain't room enough for both of us in this here living room bwoy! "

Pap pap pap...spit

Please tell me that we get to do it again in another week!!!

(I think I fancy Ryan...)

mama_mia said:
Evening me old muckers!

I hope ur all doing well. Work has been stressing me out so haven't had the luxury of checking in (management sucks!). Also my ankle is still playing up (stoopid catchers, heel raise move thingy) so training hasn't been easy!

Anyway, I managed to hobble through Cardio week 3 today and it was good. 8kg is defo the right weight for me for now...

The best bit was my mate Ryan introducing me to....

The Gun Slinger!!!

OMG - what a killer move! I love it and am now going to buy a Stetson and a bandana that I can wear when I do that move. Maybe even some chaps! (steady!)

"There ain't room enough for both of us in this here living room bwoy! "

Pap pap pap...spit

Please tell me that we get to do it again in another week!!!

(I think I fancy Ryan...)

Mama Mia you are so funny :)

I've not done my wk3 yet as I've been really busy at work having to travel and getting in late to give my new girl her induction.
Back working from home as of tomorrow so will do cardio 3.

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

week 4 cardio completed -I was expecting it to be really hard and for Ryan to throw in some new moves but he didn't? In fact, I though I'd put the wrong week on and have just put it back on to double check and it was week 4.

I still struggle with some moves, sweat and get out of breath but it was no where near as difficult as I expected.

Susie25 said:
Mama Mia you are so funny :)

I've not done my wk3 yet as I've been really busy at work having to travel and getting in late to give my new girl her induction.
Back working from home as of tomorrow so will do cardio 3.

Let me know how u get on Susie...cardio week 3, here u come!!!

Do u not share my feelings on RyRy then Susie??

In my fantasy world he would be lovely to me and make me egg White omelettes on a Sunday, and give me lots of high fives, all whilst topless!

Feel the love guys!!!

Ryan is deeply un-fanciable but I love/hate/fancy him too. I really love the way he introduces each work-out with a cheese-tacular motivational soundbite. "Body Sculpt. Week Four. People are starting to notice your smokin hot body" (or something like that lol)

biggysmalls said:
Ryan is deeply un-fanciable but I love/hate/fancy him too. I really love the way he introduces each work-out with a cheese-tacular motivational soundbite. "Body Sculpt. Week Four. People are starting to notice your smokin hot body" (or something like that lol)

That's it Biggy... Feel the love!! :0)

Must be something in the air with all off plan food :)
Martin, vodka on a school night!
Donzy fish and chips, I want some!
Shirleen how did that cheesecake get in your fridge lol

I went to class and was rubbish! As soon as we started I knew I didn't have enough energy, so really had to slow it down but still really struggled. Was in two minds whether to go, glad I did tho and will just have to work harder next time

Maggie the aches do ease, normally the first few sessions you can really feel it as you work new muscles. As long as your challenging yourself your upping your fitness level

Cjeb what weight are you using? Sounds like your working hard if your collapsing by the end

Mama you have a crush on Ryan, he would be pleased, most curse him. Trust you to love the gun slingers lol I thought that was one of the hardest moves! You do get to do more of them so get that Stetson ready :)

Toola week 4 already! Don't worry he will give you some more new moves :)

Biggy wow your getting loads done. I don't get many aches now and miss that feeling too

Susie have fun with it tomorrow, work always getting in the way lol

Hi guys

Ive been doing kettleworx now for 2 weeks. For the 1st 2 sessions, i ached afterwards for about 2 days. Only now i dont get that ache the next day.

My question is, i am doing it wrong if im not getting aching muscles the next day? Or maybe im not doing enough? I cant quite make it all the way thru all of the sets yet, usually i get 3 quarters through before collasping in a highly attractive, gasping heap!

Maybe thats the problem?

Thanks in advance guys x

hi there

ok what's the ache?

1. At first you get tiny microscopic tears in the muscle due to doing exercise that's new to your body. Exercise that causes the eccentric contraction aching - the lengthening of a muscle perhaps goign downstairs is a good example - is a typical sympton
2.Despite the myth its not lactic acid. Thats a very brief build up and its a chemical reaction that goes quickly (your breathing dissapates it)

So its not a problem its a sign of excellent progress and you are clearly doing the right things. Take your time but continue to challenge yourself.

You know these gunslingers of which you speak? Well I did those the week I nearly broke my thighs (microscopic tears? I reckon Moses and the Israelites could have gotten through lol), anyway I was doing those as I'd seen someone demonstrate them on YouTube (is Ryan a bulging muscles black man? If so I think it was him and yes my knees went wobbly watching! Couldn't hear him as sound turned off) anyway again I was doing them but felt silly as I couldn't feel any effort in it? Maybe the 4kg was too light? Probably wasn't doing it right knowing me!!!

images

(Ryan)

Gun-slingers; I would find them challenging, even with a 4kg, so maybe you've super-strong arms, Shirleen.

images

(Ryan)

Gun-slingers; I would find them challenging, even with a 4kg, so maybe you've super-strong arms, Shirleen.

Mamma-Mia - Ryan! Seriously?! :D It's his obsession with skinny jeans which always creeps me out everso slightly! Still each to their own.

I tell you who makes me laugh to myself. Jamelle (sp?), the black guy in the workouts posse. Just watch him in the warm up trying to get in time with the squats. Bless him, he's all over the place!

And I'm with Biggy and Kron on the Gun Slingers. I'm still needing to switch down to my 5kg for them and I still struggle. Its the only one now where I need the 5.

Last session of Fast Abs and Fast Fat Burn this morning. My body will definately be "Smoking Hot" after it. You could probably fry an egg down my cleavage afterwards I am that hot! :eek:

hi there

ok what's the ache?

1. At first you get tiny microscopic tears in the muscle due to doing exercise that's new to your body. Exercise that causes the eccentric contraction aching - the lengthening of a muscle perhaps goign downstairs is a good example - is a typical sympton
2.Despite the myth its not lactic acid. Thats a very brief build up and its a chemical reaction that goes quickly (your breathing dissapates it)

So its not a problem its a sign of excellent progress and you are clearly doing the right things. Take your time but continue to challenge yourself.

Cheers Martin. That's really interesting to know. I ached mucho for the first couple of weeks and then not much at all. That explains things nicely. Ta.:)

Morning swingers,

Thought i'd update you all with my Round 2 KW measurements, i've put round 1 for comparsion, this time the cm loss on my problem areas has slowed down but other areas have lost where i didn't last time....

5Kg 7.5Kg
KW round 1 KW Round 2
Bust 1cm 2cm
Chest 0cm 2cm
Waist 4cm 3cm
Hips 10cm 5cm
Thighs 6cm 4cm
Calves 0cm 2.5cm
Upper Arms 2cm 1cm
Total: 23cm 19.5cm

:D Gonna try and complete again before xmas then move onto the advanced with my 8Kg.

ps hope you understand, as formatting keeps going wrong first figures are round one and second round two x

Last edited:
Morning Donzy - excellent results for Round 2. You must be delighted. Just shows the power of the Bells and the Belles!

I'm with you and hoping to fit in one more Round before Christmas and then move on to the Advanced ones. The heaviest bell I have at the moment is my 7.5kg but I know Santa has earmarked a 10kg for me (God help me with that). Can see I'll only be using that one for the two handed stuff!

So pleased for you Donzy. xxx

:happy036:

Wk 3 cardio done and my shoulders are shaking as I write this.
Love the gunslingers although had to use my baby as wrists are still weak but loved giving Ryan my gunslinger stare TWICE :D
Got a lovely little groove between my biceps and shoulders - might have to go back to stroking them again ;)

:happy036:

Got a lovely little groove between my biceps and shoulders - might have to go back to stroking them again ;)

Gotta love the grooviness ;)

Back