Secret to shaping up

Well done trimlee and susie25- great losses in such a short time :)

I've Been unwell and haven't been able to swing :( really miss it and can't wait to get back in the swing of things soon.

Have a great weekend swingers!

Susie25 said:
Well done Trimlee

Your measurements are almost the same as mine after 3 weeks except I have

Bust: STS
Waist: 1/2 in off
Hips: 1/2 in off
Thigh: 1/2 in off
Arm: STS
Bicep taut: 1in on

So my biceps have got bigger when I tense them :happy036:

Weight loss 1.5lbs

Gained the 1st week, loss the 2nd week but have a small gain this week as TOTM due (actually a week late)

That's brilliant dont forget to stroke ur biceps!! X

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Susie25 said:
Well done Trimlee

Weight loss 1.5lbs

Gained the 1st week, loss the 2nd week but have a small gain this week as TOTM due (actually a week late)

Well done trimlee and Susie, great measurements!!!!!

chickadee83 said:

I've Been unwell and haven't been able to swing :( really miss it and can't wait to get back in the swing of things soon.

Hey chick, poor you. I'm not 100% either and it can make u miserable (well, me anyway!).

We await your return...
Cuddles x

Thanks everyone. Off to start Wk 4 -with cardio session, eek!
Have a great weekend and don't go for those extra food calories (she says really making notes to self...)

Susie25 said:
Well done Trimlee

Weight loss 1.5lbs

Well done girl! Head on for Wk 4 now! See u with a tape measure in 3 weeks time Susie! :D

chickadee83 said:

Chickadee I hope you feel better soon :)

mama_mia said:
Hey chick, poor you. I'm not 100% either and it can make u miserable (well, me anyway!).

We await your return...
Cuddles x

Mama Mia (here I go again....aw Sorry that song came to mind just now!). I hope you feel better soon. :)

Morning swingers!!!
Well, I've just completed week 4 cardio and LOVED IT!!!

more importantly, I used my 10kg...and I managed it! Not for all exercises but I did more than half of the workout using the 10, and my 8 for the rest. Once again, Guru Krons advice was spot on!

The thing I struggle with most though is that flippin kettlebell hold. Wow, it is HARD. no matter how light I go with the weight I just cant keep my arms outstretched. I think that even a 5lb wld kill me doing that move LOL

Am feeling very pleased with myself. Can't believe how quickly ones strength can increase using kettleworx...

My next goal is to do the DVDs every other day, rather than the mon, wed, fri cycle ive been to-date.

I think I'm becoming addicted!!!

I just wish I was better at the eating...

Hi All :)
Sorry not been on for a couple of days, been a bit busy, but now its the weekend so lots of time to catch up

Biggy half way thru round 3 all ready! Time is flying by. I can fully understand the driving force to want to continue this shaping up journey, its just such a shame its winter time and not able to wear strappy tops to show off those defined arms and shoulders :) I wonder what other body parts you will be ready to show off to the world come spring time and how much you will need to have your dress taken in come the big day :D

Hi Nicki welcome, have you dcided on getting kw? I agree with the other belles who suggest upping the weight, 10lb or 5kg bell may seem heavy but you will cope and before you know it will have that weight mastered :)

Mama great to hear your using your 8 for most of the session, cant wait till you have a go with your 10 for some moves - those inches will melt away :) And your 8 deserves to go on holiday with you lol not sure if you will be able to take many clothes as that will eat up your luggage allowance! Where you jetting off to?

Chelsea lol no thanks, cant stand politics, altho it would be good to challenge the opposition to a swing to settle those policy decsions, and get everyone too knackered to mumble on for hours :) Good to hear you have started and got week 1 core done with a few little after aches being felt. Great to hear you held that plank, thats normally a killer when first starting out. Hope you get the freezing dvd problem sorted, and keep up your photo journal, even if it is for your eyes only, as can be seen by others photos it really makes those body shape changes a reality

Sue lol lets hope there are lots of bells wrapped up under that christmas tree for those that want one - poor santa having to fill his sack with those bad boys :)

Trimlee I find a 12 tough, never mind a 16 lol Great to hear your week 3 results, and your sts will drop, its happening if you can feel a difference with your clothing becoming a bit looser! Good set of goals for the next 3 weeks, so I am looking forward to updated stats

Maggie starting week 3, I really dont know where the time goes lol good luck with week 3 cardio, and yes the advanced is a bit harder as there are a few more moves introduced, but saying that I still find the first set hard at times as moving up in weight challenges you more :)

Susie good results for week 3, its amazing what a total of 3 hours work out can achieve :)

Joanne good to hear your setting a swinging countdown to christmas goal :) Enjoy resistance

Martin Hope your week starts getting better, and you get back into your routine, life can get in the way sometimes! Totally agree about popping on to this thread and hearing of the achievements, it makes my day :)

Hi Chick, still got that cold lurking, hope you feel better soon x

Donzy you will get us a bad name with all that stroking lol

Morning All - quick check in as I've got a busy day today. Sorry to hear Chick and Mamma not too well. I've woken up this morning feeling pretty grotty myself. Deffo getting a cold which I could do without. Still I shall throw myself into Wk2 Cardio tomorrow come what may.

Some fab inch losses over the past few days as well. Good Times!

And some of you eagle-eyed swingers might notice my WI results this week on my signature space - into the 12 stone bracket!! Whoop Whoop. So I've set myself a target (yet another one) of getting off another 4lbs before Christmas which would see me lose another 1/2 stone. Can I do it - YES I CAN!!! :) :) :)

Have a good Saturday everyone. xx

you cardio lovers are a strange lot lol
Mama awesome to hear you used your 10, I knew you could do it, I really hope you feel the burn now x
The hold is hard, at class we do a raise and lower hold move, and the last 10 seconds a full hold, its a killer with an 8, wouldnt even attempt it with anything heavier. Snap I started doing them every other day around week 4, you just cant help yourself!

Sue fantastic news on your weight loss and getting into the 12s :) Those lbs are really starting to drop. I know you can do it :) Hope you feel better soon x

Sue fantastic news on your weight loss and getting into the 12s :) Those lbs are really starting to drop. I know you can do it :) Hope you feel better soon x

Thanks Kron! xxx

mama_mia said:
Morning swingers!!!
Well, I've just completed week 4 cardio and LOVED IT!!!

more importantly, I used my 10kg...and I managed it! Not for all exercises but I did more than half of the workout using the 10, and my 8 for the rest. Once again, Guru Krons advice was spot on!

The thing I struggle with most though is that flippin kettlebell hold. Wow, it is HARD. no matter how light I go with the weight I just cant keep my arms outstretched. I think that even a 5lb wld kill me doing that move LOL

Am feeling very pleased with myself. Can't believe how quickly ones strength can increase using kettleworx...

My next goal is to do the DVDs every other day, rather than the mon, wed, fri cycle ive been to-date.

I think I'm becoming addicted!!!

I just wish I was better at the eating...

MamaMia, I've just completed week 4 Cardio myself and oooh, respect to you -whaaaat, using a 10kg bell :O
I was out of breath and had palpitations with my jnr 5kg! (consolation -my 'cardio' was being challenged ;) )
I was shocked at the reappearance of Mt. Climbers and only did 1 set (hmmm ;( )

Aah, so the KB hold difficulty is not unique to me! I was wondering how I could keep my arms straight at the elbow?!

Ok having said all, I loved it. This programme makes you work and delivers the results. Happy :D

Kron said:
you cardio lovers are a strange lot lol
Mama awesome to hear you used your 10, I knew you could do it, I really hope you feel the burn now x
The hold is hard, at class we do a raise and lower hold move, and the last 10 seconds a full hold, its a killer with an 8, wouldnt even attempt it with anything heavier. Snap I started doing them every other day around week 4, you just cant help yourself!

Lol... Doing that hold for the full slot with a 6 or 8 is one of my new goals. Watch this space!

I must say though, my arms are looking so good, they actually have some definition! Like Susie I just can't help stroking them regularly. Lol

trimlee said:
MamaMia, I've just completed week 4 Cardio myself and oooh, respect to you -whaaaat, using a 10kg bell :O
I was out of breath and had palpitations with my jnr 5kg! (consolation -my 'cardio' was being challenged ;) )
I was shocked at the reappearance of Mt. Climbers and only did 1 set (hmmm ;( )

Aah, so the KB hold difficulty is not unique to me! I was wondering how I could keep my arms straight at the elbow?!

Ok having said all, I loved it. This programme makes you work and delivers the results. Happy :D

Am glad it's not just me! You're right, it's the straightening out at the elbows. It's so challenging... We will conquer it though, I am sure.

Mountain climbers suck! I used to do them a lot with my trainer and hated them. Just don't like having that much weight on my wrists.

I can't do them at the mo because of my ankle so just randomly run around the room punching the air (LOL). it's the same with the jumping jacks, I do this mad side lungy thing instead whilst punching (hmm...clearly I need to punch something!).

Well done on doing week 4, are you enjoying it all?

Thanks re:10kg, we'll see if I can use the 10 for Resistance next week...I seriously doubt it! Lol

Went to the Gym, !0 mins cycling 3.6km
Then I did my own KB routine, attempted windmills, a bit easier with a big mirror to check technique.
I need a LOT more practice with the clean and press! SOunds like blimming Laundry!

cjeb456 said:
Week 3 done :)

Bring it on week 4!

Did my measurments last night and ive lost small amounts off arms and thighs etc but ive lost almost an inch from my waist and almost an inch from my stomach!! Woohoo!

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Well done you!

Back