Secret to shaping up

Maggie half way :) sounds like your working hard so looking forward to your progress stats :)

Joanne great to hear you got week 1 done and start seeing results soon to spur you on :)

Chelsea good you found time to get started, and throwing fast abs in on your first week. Hope it's a good ache :)

Mrs Lampard glad you joined us :) make sure you put a 7.5kg on your Christmas pressie list

I didn't get to swing today, too busy napping! Not sure if I'm coming down with something, I normally can't sleep during the day, doesn't help I was up early, and now feel a bit awake lol

Afternoon all,

Week 4 resistance done! It was quite challenging actually. I was definitely aglow :eek:) It was nice to be introduced to some new exercises like the 'bob and weave' and side bend thingy. I can feel it getting harder... ooh err

I mainly used my 8kg, but threw in a few 10kg moves out of curiosity. I felt weak today though and my back felt very tight. Think i need to spend a bit more time stretching, especially because the 10 is a big leap and i'm not quite there yet.

however, it's funny how, once you move up to the next weight (whatever it may be), the previous weight feels lighter than it used to. Eventhough you may have recently struggled with it.

That's what i love about the bells. It is so easy to see your progress and that is wonderful for the soul and self-esteem.

how are you all getting on? sending thoughts of encouragement...

Mama x

Last edited:
Afternoon all,

Week 4 resistance done! It was quite challenging actually. I was definitely aglow :eek:) It was nice to be introduced to some new exercises like the 'bob and weave' and side bend thingy. I can feel it getting harder... ooh err

I mainly used my 8kg, but threw in a few 10kg moves out of curiosity. I felt weak today though and my back felt very tight. Think i need to spend a bit more time stretching, especially because the 10 is a big leap and i'm not quite there yet.

however, it's funny how, once you move up to the next weight (whatever it may be), the previous weight feels lighter than it used to. Eventhough you may have recently struggled with it.

That's what i love about the bells. It is so easy to see your progress and that is wonderful for the soul and self-esteem.

how are you all getting on? sending thoughts of encouragement...

Mama x

Well done Mamamia :)

Was planning on doing wk4 cardio after work tonight but might do resistance as I am an inquisitive cow and want to see what 'bob and weave' is :D

LOL... i hope it wont be a disappointment!

I did the w4 cardio on friday and really enjoyed it. i ached for days (yum)

There are about 3 or 4 different moves in the week 4 resistance so it felt like a whole new workout. Challenging but enjoyable...

let me know what you decide and how you get on.

i just ordered the Advanced.... scary!!!

i tried to do it last week but found that they had sold out everywhere (even Amazon). I just went onto the KW's site and managed to bag one. I wont need it until the new year but thought i'd try and beat the rush...

Last edited:
Found this on a website, I might follow it:

Below is exactly how I developed my KettleWorx program to be synergistically used for maximum results.

Pick 3 days of the week for your primary Core, Cardio and Resistance 20-minute workouts (e.g. Monday, Wednesday, & Friday).

KettleWorx BASIC Program:
Monday: Core
Wednesday: Cardio
Friday: Resistance
Select “1″ from the screen menu in your first week of working out. Select “2″ in your second week of working out and so on. EACH week you will be doing 1 workout for Cardio, 1 workout from Core and 1 workout from Resistance DVD’s. It is important that you workout with each of these DVD’s every week.

Follow the KettleWorx MAX Program if you have Turbo-Charged Motivation:
Monday: Core
Tuesday: Fast Abs (Bonus 10-minute workout)
Wednesday: Cardio
Thursday: Fast Fat Burn (Bonus 10-minute workout)
Friday: Resistance
After completing the 6-week program, move on to the 6-week Level II DVDS…

KettleWorx ADVANCED Level II Program:
Monday: Cardio Level II
Wednesday: Core Level II
Friday: Resistance Level II
After completing your 6-week Level II program, use your Ultimate Body Collection DVDs for extra target area spot sculpting.

KettleWorx Ultimate Body Sculpting Collection Rotation (Repeat this Rotation 4 Weeks, and then go back to Six-Week Body Program with a heavier Kettlebell):

Day 1: Butt & Hips
Day 2: Rest
Day 3: Chest & Back or Arms & Shoulders (alternate each week)
Day 4: Rest
Day 5: Legs & Thighs
Day 6: REST
Day 7: REST
To Your Success,

Susie25, i found this yesterday and was going to post it today... spooky!

I gues they have updated their site

Hi all :)
Well I think you snotty belles have spread your germs my way lol does explain why I have felt rough recently and even tho I don't fully have a cold can feel it coming on, so thanks for sharing ;)

Mama awesome you had a go with your 10, totally understand how heavy the next weight is and by going back down how light that one can feel :) and you managed to get Advanced ordered, I bet you will be using that before Christmas as I know you like a challenge :)

Susie hope you enjoy the bob and weave :) and it's good to hear kw uk have updated their site, their USA site is much better, but I suppose that's cos he is from that side of the puddle!

I have decided not to go to class tonight but hope to get a bit of freestyle in so planning on not doing cardio and working on body sculpting to work those muscles :)

Kron said:
Susie hope you enjoy the bob and weave :) and it's good to hear kw uk have updated their site, their USA site is much better, but I suppose that's cos he is from that side of the puddle!

Kron it was from a Facebook link someone was asking a question and that was the answer. Absolutely loved bob and weave and some others on there I can't remember the name to :)

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

It is the best explanation I have seen, altho I think the variety in set 1 can be repeated a number of times prior to getting advanced if wanted. The key is the weight, so you will also have better results by upping the weight as soon as you can instead of waiting till the end of it all.

Glad your enjoying it :)

Hanging head in shame tonight girls....I had a really rough and upsetting day yesterday, not much sleep last night and just couldn't motivate myself tonight to do Wk 1 Resistance. Will try to get up early tomorrow and do it before I go to work. I am sooooo tired and a bit emotional, will feel better tomorrow :sigh:

Hanging head in shame tonight girls....I had a really rough and upsetting day yesterday, not much sleep last night and just couldn't motivate myself tonight to do Wk 1 Resistance. Will try to get up early tomorrow and do it before I go to work. I am sooooo tired and a bit emotional, will feel better tomorrow :sigh:

*hugs* :bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug:

Chelsea Lou said:

No shame here Chelsea Lou, just support and encouragement (right ladies?).

We all have and continue to have those days so you are not alone. I hope that you feel better today x x

Susie25 said:
OMG resistance 4 is damn hard. I am dripping and puffing. Love bob and weave well good I think my favourite so far.

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Glad you liked it Susie! I think it's my favourite so far too

Morning All - hope everyone feels slightly loss snotty and grotty today. I'm still on the Sudafed and getting there, although my mouth has decided to grow some lovely ulcers which are really sore. Guess I'm just a bit run down.

Chelsea-Lou - hope today is better for you. Sorry to hear things are a bit rough with you.

Mama Mia & Susie - if you look back on here you'll see that Wk4 Resistance is a massive favourite of just about everybody. Think its the combination of some new moves and the point in the programme where you start thinking to yourself - I'm over halfway - I CAN DO THIS!

Just finished Wk2 Core - another favourite of mine, even with the 3 planks. I do enjoy the Core Rowers and can always feel it in my middle section by the 3rd set. Fond of the Butt Elevators as well - and I always think to myself - thank God no-one can see me doing this. Not the most attractive position in the world! :)

Hope folks have a good day. Back to work tomorrow for me. Going to attempt to find my stash of Christmas Cards in my full-to-brimming cupboard of junk. I know roughly where they are. Unfortunately it just means balancing on a stool to get to them and taking everything out around them first. You'd think I'd have learnt after 42 years not to pile everything in a teetering heap, wouldn't you!! :) :)

Thanks ladies, for your support and understanding. Well, as promised, I got up and launched myself into Wk 1 Resistance........managed half of it. It didn't agree with me doing it so soon after getting out of bed, especially as I hadn't had anything to drink apart from about three gulps of tea. Will do the other half tonight.....well, if I am feeling really virtuous I might do the full 20 minutes :D

I hope you are all having a fab Tuesday, despite the dull weather.

x

PS I think that it is probably a mistake with my initial measuring but apparently my waist has gone down by an 1". I can't believe that this is possible after one week........or is it???

Back