Secret to shaping up

Chelsea Lou said:
Thanks ladies, for your support and understanding. Well, as promised, I got up and launched myself into Wk 1 Resistance........managed half of it. It didn't agree with me doing it so soon after getting out of bed, especially as I hadn't had anything to drink apart from about three gulps of tea. Will do the other half tonight.....well, if I am feeling really virtuous I might do the full 20 minutes :D

I hope you are all having a fab Tuesday, despite the dull weather.

x

PS I think that it is probably a mistake with my initial measuring but apparently my waist has gone down by an 1". I can't believe that this is possible after one week........or is it???

Sometimes my waist goes up and down, depending on what I've eaten but keep measuring when it consistently says a lower number you're winning!

Good morning swingers

I have just done week 3 cardio on Sunday and I did week 3 core last night, so I am going to do the resistance week 3 tonight, can't wait.

Chelsea hope you are feeling much better:D nearly had a heart attack today thought the laptop had stopped working but after fiddling about with it for ages and not knowing what i was doing it started to work again:sigh:.Will measure thurs morn to see if i have lost any.;)

Hi all :)

Maggie good to hear you got your laptop going, it's nightmare when these things play up. It's great when you can feel your movements and stretches are becoming more fluid.

Chelsea, hope it all gets sorted and you catch up on your sleep. I cannot do it first thing in the morning either and would have stopped way before hitting the half way point. Hope you get to finishing it off, or getting the whole session done, but if you don't, do it tomorrow after getting an early night tonight x your waist line can fluctuate, and you hold the tape slightly higher or lower each time which could have a little difference, but it is a good sign :)

Sue you are far too organised, most of your pressies bought too! I am still in denial that it's only a month away lol your cupboards sound just like mine :)

Babycham Great to hear your enjoying it, how have you found it so far?

Still got this cold that seems to be knocking around, it is the tiredness I think is the worst, I wasn't too productive at work, but there was a charity bake sale, and you know how I like to support this type of thing. I actually bought half a cake it was so yummy lol

Ouch. my forearm was really sore couldnt lift a thing, the lightest weight or even a saucepan or the iron hurt (honest, I couldnt lift 'em) Had what my doc called tennis elbow. his advice = rest. yeah right.

I did rest and it didnt help. then I rested again. nope no change. 8 weeks pretty much of 'being careful' and 'resting'. nothing changed... did the least possible, most i did was teach the misses.

then I got bored and annopyed so did some strapping (zine oxide) and bound my forearm. then I went to the gym and lifted some lovely big weights. and oddly Im fine, my forearm doesnt hurt now at all, in fact it feels as good as new.

sometimes doctors dont know pooh.... im back in the saddle again and initially sticking with straight line weights so no kettlebells but wont take long.

Saucepan, iron!!! You know what they are, or was that an excuse to get out of chores lol

Don't overdo that injury, I am a supporter of working out those 'kinks' but light and short sessions only! Mrs M getting back into the swing of things?

Saucepan, iron!!! You know what they are, or was that an excuse to get out of chores lol

Don't overdo that injury, I am a supporter of working out those 'kinks' but light and short sessions only! Mrs M getting back into the swing of things?

the cheek! Id put you over my knee young lady but Mrs d may object

the iron is what you cook with I understand. its used in a kitchen a place where women work when we men watch tv. honestley....

now get back where you belong and do as you are told.........

* please call 999 if I dont reply again and call for an ambulance for me

Cardio wk2 DONE! Sweat was pouring off me, think he's trying to kill me!

Went to the gym did 4.3km cycling in 10 minutes and a 10 minute KB routine then 20 mins running/walking on the treadmill. followed by some shoulder presses (I have week shoulders and I worry about my form with the KB's).

Noticed two girls come in and use KB's much much heavier than mine but one girls form was awful I thought I needed practice with the clean and press....I was worried she would snap a tendon!

Anyway I feel great for now LOL! I'm using a 10lb bell at Gym and a 5KG at home, should I perhaps go up in size at the Gym My arms don't ache at all!

week 3 core done my son decided he would watch me i find it very off putting when someone is watching. D id not find it too bad though had a little twinge in left wrist today but was ok doing workout.Will put up my measurements tomoro nite when i get in from work. Week 4 on Sat .I always do Cardio first otherwise im afraid i will get cold feet.:dancing_snowman:

Hi all :)

Martin lol I will be good, seen but not heard and shackled to the kitchen sink :)

Joanne yeah for getting cardio week 2 ticked off :) What doesnt kill you will make you stronger, you can beat him!

Donzy great to hear you have Round 3 week 1 done, altho I am in denial Christmas is that close, you will have to keep at it if you want to get it done before starting advanced

Shirleen, youve got a good mix of exercise going. When starting out it is good to start lighter until you get the feel of the bell, but I would recommend you up the weight as soon as you can to get the best results, and if your able to do the same moves at home with a 5kg, you can do the same at the gym

Susie I hope you can get cardio doem tonight, I know what its like after a days work, the last thing you want to do is start working out, just bear in mind its quick, and with all the endorphomines released you will feel fantasitc afterwards :)

SDue to my cold, i will not be goingto class, so have a date with Ryan, not sure which one yet, so will just pick one. Same as Susie I dont really fancy it, but biting the bullet, as I need to get swinging :)

Maggie it is off putting to be watched, my hubby used to make me leave the room when he started swinging, now he doesnt mind and at times we work out together. I suppose it can be interesting to see what you do with a bell as it is not a common workout item. Perhaps he wants to join in ? How old is he?

Just be careful of your wrist, dont want any injuries to impede your inch loss :)

Donzy your in the 10s well done , and a month before target, that's fantastic :)

14 workouts haha a swing down to Christmas! Xx

Resistance week 4 not quite done! Omg after the first set I was sucking air so decided to carry on with floor work, the squat shoulder press did it, chest is so tight just couldn't breathe right. Altho a bit disappointed, I got something done, and will do what I can until well.

Hi all decided to do measurements this evening not sure if they are good or not so after week 3 round 1
waist 1cm
bust 2cm
hips 2cm
thighs 1cm
arms 1cm

Kron my son is 20 i have told him he can use them if he wants.:D

maggie1962 said:
Hi all decided to do measurements this evening not sure if they are good or not so after week 3 round 1
waist 1cm
bust 2cm
hips 2cm
thighs 1cm
arms 1cm

Kron my son is 20 i have told him he can use them if he wants.:D

That's brilliant!!!! Well done!!! Xxx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Back