Secret to shaping up

I have woken up feeling loads better, so will be getting a full workout in today after my feeble sickly attempts over the last couple of weeks :) Not sure which routine at the mo, so will don my workout gear and eenie meenie miney mo a dvd lol

Kron said:
I have woken up feeling loads better, so will be getting a full workout in today after my feeble sickly attempts over the last couple of weeks :) Not sure which routine at the mo, so will don my workout gear and eenie meenie miney mo a dvd lol

Yay! Glad you're feeling better at last kron

Morning all

Week 5 cardio done!

Wasn't too bad actually. I liked the "break a coconut on your knee" one.

Ankle is feeling horrible and sore so feel quite sorry for myself today...

Thanks mama :)

Take care of that ankle x

i have some aerobic ones from before i knew about the bells, but they are gathering dust!

i have a few kb dvds, some are beginner types so dont use them anymore, Ryan gets pulled out once in a while, and hubby uses them - he refuses to try the other ones lol

My favs are
Katami
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Katami-Kett...KG/ref=sr_1_42?ie=UTF8&qid=1322305989&sr=8-42
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Paul-Katami-Kettlebell-Kombos-DVD/dp/B004MU395M/ref=pd_cp_d_h__4

oooh just getting these links I see he has another one - wheres that christmas wish list lol

Lauren Brooks works you hard, she has 3 dvds on amazon
Lauren Brooks Body Sculpt And Conditioning With Kettlebells DVD - All Region: Amazon.co.uk: Film & TV
Lauren Brooks Body Sculpt & Conditioning With Kettlebells Volume 2 DVD - Region 0 Worlwide: Amazon.co.uk: Film & TV
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Lauren-Broo...E2/ref=sr_1_51?ie=UTF8&qid=1322306221&sr=8-51

Art of Strength have a few out and are very effective
Kettlercise - I dont have the dvd but do this at class

There are a few others that look interesting, but I havent got them but they may be good!

The Paul Katami burn and build one looks brilliant!!!! I'm not sure that my coordination is that good but it's something to work towards.
Cheers ears

Katami challenged my coordination! He is good as he starts you with a 30 second move, then adds another componant for 30 seconds and keeps adding until your doing a full move - by which time your sweating like an idiot lol I use a lighter weight when doing his workouts

Feeling fired up to swing now :)

Kron said:
Katami challenged my coordination! He is good as he starts you with a 30 second move, then adds another componant for 30 seconds and keeps adding until your doing a full move - by which time your sweating like an idiot lol I use a lighter weight when doing his workouts

Feeling fired up to swing now :)

Swing baby swing!!!

Managed to do a full workout! Did lauren brookes first DVD as not as demanding and she gives you a 60 second break between each, normally I would carry on into the break but needed every second of the recovery time lol used my 10 as well so although a bit of a sweaty mess, well pleased I got it done :)

Kron said:
Managed to do a full workout! Did lauren brookes first DVD as not as demanding and she gives you a 60 second break between each, normally I would carry on into the break but needed every second of the recovery time lol used my 10 as well so although a bit of a sweaty mess, well pleased I got it done :)

Well done for going for it. I hope that one day, like you, I'll be able to do a hole session with my 10... you inspire me!

Hi everyone.Well done cardio 4 today not too bad but cant do stairclimbers either so run on the spot instead so at least i am moving.My left wrist is a bit tender do you think it would help if i wore a wrist support.I cant believe the difference in my body already fitted on some clothes today that would not fit before must admit it is a good confidence boost even my sons commented that i am toning up.Hooray for Kron and Kettleworx.:p

Hi All - just catching up with everyones news. Fetched Mr Sue home yesterday tea time. He's in pain and quite grumpy but hopefully his shameless drooling over Ola in Strictly tonight will cheer him up. Hope she's wearing an extra skimpy outfit for him!! Kron - he runs his own business so we were back to work this morning catching up on emails etc. He's a one man band so no such thing as time off and sick pay!

Also had to collect my step-Dad from hospital at the same time. He was rushed in with a suspected heart attack which turned out to be a massive over-reaction from the GP surgery and there is nothing wrong with him at all. So all in all I've been mightly tried and tested these past couple of days.

Also still feeling lousy and the office resembles a sick ward in itself. Only one person is not full of cold and hacking and wheezing away. I don't get sick often so shouldn't moan and am glad to get it out of the way now rather than at Christmas. I was surprised to lose 2lbs on my WI this morning considering the amount of cough medicine I have been swigging. Its got so much glucose in. But when you're ill who cares about sugar!

Will attempt Wk3 Cardio tomorrow but think it might be a struggle. Will make sure I have plenty of drugs about an hour before!! :) :)

Cat Lover Sue said:
Hi All - just catching up with everyones news. Fetched Mr Sue home yesterday tea time. He's in pain and quite grumpy but hopefully his shameless drooling over Ola in Strictly tonight will cheer him up. Hope she's wearing an extra skimpy outfit for him!! Kron - he runs his own business so we were back to work this morning catching up on emails etc. He's a one man band so no such thing as time off and sick pay!

Also had to collect my step-Dad from hospital at the same time. He was rushed in with a suspected heart attack which turned out to be a massive over-reaction from the GP surgery and there is nothing wrong with him at all. So all in all I've been mightly tried and tested these past couple of days.

Also still feeling lousy and the office resembles a sick ward in itself. Only one person is not full of cold and hacking and wheezing away. I don't get sick often so shouldn't moan and am glad to get it out of the way now rather than at Christmas. I was surprised to lose 2lbs on my WI this morning considering the amount of cough medicine I have been swigging. Its got so much glucose in. But when you're ill who cares about sugar!

Will attempt Wk3 Cardio tomorrow but think it might be a struggle. Will make sure I have plenty of drugs about an hour before!! :) :)

You must be flippin knackered! Hospital runs are so draining but I hope all of the stress and worry is behind you
Hugs x

I just can't move my legs inwards while keeping my body up without falling down. I'll try and get hubby to coordinate me xx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Mountain climbers are terrific. One mistake sometimes is too have your hips too high.

1. shoulder width hands - push up position
2. dont round your back
3. contract your core - your mid sections muscles

see how this lady does them How to Do Callisthenic Mountain Climber Exercises - YouTube

If still too tough you could place your hands on a stable but low object e.g. edge of bed. Or do jumping jacks or jumping lunges instead

MartinD said:
Mountain climbers are terrific. One mistake sometimes is too have your hips too high.

1. shoulder width hands - push up position
2. dont round your back
3. contract your core - your mid sections muscles

see how this lady does them How to Do Callisthenic Mountain Climber Exercises - YouTube

If still too tough you could place your hands on a stable but low object e.g. edge of bed. Or do jumping jacks or jumping lunges instead

Cor blimey, she is fitttt!!!

I hate climbers but she made it look so easy I may just persevere.

Mana you would have been able to do it with ease :) I should be able to do it, but at least I feel better in myself so hope to be fighting fit in no time!

Maggie fantastic to hear you are able to fit in some previously tight clothes :) it is a great boost and hope gives the motivation to keep swinging x
A wrist support may be helpful. Is there any move that aggravates it more?

Sue must have been shocking news when you heard about your step dad, and all that panic for nothing! Hopefully you get some relax time
Will Mr Sue have to take any time off due to his injury? Hope he manages ok, it can be tough being self employed!
Congrats on another 2lb loss, your doing so well :) good luck for cardio tomorrow, it's hard work doing any exercise when ill so hope the sedated helps lol

Martin, you do have an eye for good form ;) they are a killer, no matter how easy she makes them look lol

Back