Secret to shaping up

maggie1962 said:
Hi everyone.Well done cardio 4 today not too bad but cant do stairclimbers either so run on the spot instead so at least i am moving.My left wrist is a bit tender do you think it would help if i wore a wrist support.I cant believe the difference in my body already fitted on some clothes today that would not fit before must admit it is a good confidence boost even my sons commented that i am toning up.Hooray for Kron and Kettleworx.:p

Maggie I wear weight training wrist supports as I have arthritis. They have thumb holes and they then wrap around the back of your hand and wrist. I bought then in sports direct for about £6 each.

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Thanks Susie will get some tomoro,the strange thing is i dont know what one is aggravating it as it is just tender afterwards and i dont want it to get worse.That lady makes stair climbers look doable will try and practice them.:gen147:This could well be me when i try them.

Thanks Susie will get some tomoro,the strange thing is i dont know what one is aggravating it as it is just tender afterwards and i dont want it to get worse.That lady makes stair climbers look doable will try and practice them.:gen147:This could well be me when i try them.

Ive worn these for ages - they are 6 or 7 years old and still good but the wrist support is something ive just got used too

Valeo Ocelot Wrist Wrap Gloves at Cheap Supplements

worth considering Im sure there is something that can help

Just skimmed the posts - heading to bed.

Week 2 DONE! Week 3 starts Monday x

Good morning, been up since silly o'clock, whats the bet that tomorrow when I have to get up I wont want to lol

I have a nice ache in my shoulders and legs this morning :)

Susie I generally can feel a tightness a few hours after working out, and the next day can feel my muscles. I know some people have delayed muscle soreness so it must be how your body works

Joanne good going :) Heading towards the half way point

Maggie try and watch your wrist form, your hand should not be bent backwards, in most instances your arm and hand will be in a straight line with the handle resting at the base of your palm

check out the youtube clip on this site
Coaching Neutral Wrist | Robertson Training Systems

I have bought my mum a 5kg kb for christmas - yes i have started christmas shopping lol She is interested in them after seeing my results. I was going to lend her my Goddess dvd, but found a Boomer dvd by the same instructor designed for the older generation, and the only Uk outlet I can find is out of stock! Fingers crossed I can get hold of it, then she can be the oldest swinger in town :)

Morning peeps, hope everyone is well and swinging like a good 'un :D I didn't do Wk 2 cardio yesterday and will do it once I have waded through my rather large pile of ironing.

I love this thread....everytime I talk myself out of swinging I come on here and get truly inspired. Thank you all xx

Phew, did about 2/3rds of week 2 cardio and I am looking like a knackered, sweaty tomato...not pretty. Will try and fit in a 10 minute fastfat burn or fast abs later to make up for it.

:cry:

Stoopid ironing tiring you out lol great to hear you got some done :) It can be hard work, but you will see improvements quite quickly, and the sweaty red tomato look is all part of the experience x

Afternoon all - well wk3 Cardio beat me today. Did the first set and then called it a day. Its the first time I have had to walk away but could hardly breath for snot and was wheezing! Onwards and upwards with Core on Tuesday. :)

Kron - Mr Sue won't take any time off work. Its not possible. He will go on one-handed. He's done it before after having his wrist rebuilt following a motorbike crash and he'll do it again. Not ideal but its our living. I'm going in tomorrow to help him. He does signage and vehicle liveries. I get so peed off with folk who stay off work at the first sign of a sniffle and get paid for it. My work is horrendous. There's one team who I honestly don't think have had a full complement of staff all year! Pathetic and it makes my blood boil that they get away with it. Rant over!!!! Think I need more drugs :)

Awww Sue, you sound like me when I tried resistance last week, even getting the first set done when ill is an achievement :) more drugs needed lol

It's good your able to help out. I know what you mean about sickies, I get sick pay, but never taken a day but there are others that take the p***, there has been a clamp down so it is better, my hubby doesn't get sick pay, it's a shame when it really is needed. Our little soldiers lol

And still standing :)

Was considering having a quick swing, but Sunday dinner has put a stop on that thought at the mo lol

Kron said:
And still standing :)

Was considering having a quick swing, but Sunday dinner has put a stop on that thought at the mo lol

My hubby made me a cup of tea and a mince pie and I even put that aside to do the core DVD - I've eaten it now though :)

Last edited:
Susie your cuppa would be cold by then! good for you swinging before having a little indulgence :)

Hi Jess we are looking forward to being a part of your swinging journey and slipping into your wedding dress :)
Good luck with SW it works, so you will be off to a flying start. Look forward to hearing how you get on with your first swing. Have a great time tomorrow x

Kron said:
Susie your cuppa would be cold by then! good for you swinging before having a little indulgence :)

Hi Jess we are looking forward to being a part of your swinging journey and slipping into your wedding dress :)
Good luck with SW it works, so you will be off to a flying start. Look forward to hearing how you get on with your first swing. Have a great time tomorrow x

Yeah it was even though I put a plate over the top of it - and he'd also forgotten to put my sweetener in. :)

Hi everyone.Kron i looked at the video on wrist form and will make sure i follow it,also bought wrist supports today as Susie recommended so all good.Lost another 2lbs so very pleased:)

Back