Secret to shaping up

Susie, well done on a 2lbs loss this week. That's fab!!

I got struck down with a migraine yesterday evening and couldn't do the 10 minute fast fat burn I had promised, so if I am feeling better by this evening, I will do it then. Tomorrow will be week 2 Resistance and then that is another week struck off.

I am so unfit and not able to do the whole of the sets and I thought about just doing what I am able for the six weeks and then starting from scratch again but doing ALL of it. Does that makes sense to anyone? What would you experts advise?

Thanks and have a fab Monday all xxx

Susie, well done on a 2lbs loss this week. That's fab!!

I got struck down with a migraine yesterday evening and couldn't do the 10 minute fast fat burn I had promised, so if I am feeling better by this evening, I will do it then. Tomorrow will be week 2 Resistance and then that is another week struck off.

I am so unfit and not able to do the whole of the sets and I thought about just doing what I am able for the six weeks and then starting from scratch again but doing ALL of it. Does that makes sense to anyone? What would you experts advise?

Thanks and have a fab Monday all xxx

Thank you :flowers:

I know what you mean about not completing all the sets, but I was surprised last week that I was able to complete everything on the cardio for the first time. The only ones I don't fully do are the stair climbers (have no coordination) and the core get ups & bum lifters as they make me feel sick still :cry: so I do something else instead.
I have got WK5 resistance tonight :bliss: hope its like wk4

Thank you :flowers:

I know what you mean about not completing all the sets, but I was surprised last week that I was able to complete everything on the cardio for the first time. The only ones I don't fully do are the stair climbers (have no coordination) and the core get ups & bum lifters as they make me feel sick still :cry: so I do something else instead.
I have got WK5 resistance tonight :bliss: hope its like wk4
You are going well Susie. Can't believe that once I have done my Resistance tonight I will be starting week 3!!!

Thanks for the advice and glad to know I am not the only one who can't manage it all. I don't feel quite so useless now :D xx

Well done Susie and maggie on your 2lb losses! :D xxx

Good luck mum on W3 - you can do it! How are you feeling now? Any differences? :) xxx

Well, Slimming 'n' Swinging officially started today. :D Going well so far - I had 2 Satsumas and x1 Alpen light bar for Breakfast, Chicken in pitta with salad for lunch + another Alpen light bar. Will have more fruit throughout the day if I get hungry, and luckily - the girls have decided to go to Nando's tonight so that's easy peasy! Will have a mixed leaf salad with a chicken breast, so tonight's dinner will be free. :)

Won't get home 'til about 10pm, but still determined to swing for the first time tonight. Will let you know how I get on tomorrow morning!

I weighed, and took all my measurements this morning...eek!!! I'm going to be very brave and list them here: :eek:

Arms - 14in
Bust (ribs) - 34in
Bust (chest) - 41in
Waist - 32in
Hips - 46in
Thigh - 27.5in
Calf - 17.5in
Tummy - 41.5in

:eek::eek::(

As you can probably tell, I'm a bit of an hourglass! :D Size 12-14, depending on make of clothes etc - pretty much a 14 on the bottom though.

Wish me luck!

xxxxx
@ Maggie, sorry I knew there was someone else I had to congratulate on their losses but when I read through the threads I couldn't find you. Belated well done anyway :)

Jess, you don't need luck just some determination to look gorgeous for your wedding next June :eek: I also need the determination as I don't want to look like an overblown version of Mother of the Bride :eek::eek:

I can't remember if I was brave enough to post my measurements but they have been recorded for posterity :8855:and when I have whittled off a few inches I will display for the world to see :eek:

xxxx

Hi All :)

Susie great to hear 2lb lost, shows what a missed sweetener can do lol Have fun with Resistance week 5, its better than week 4 :)

Maggie congrats on your 2lb loss as well :) Hope the technique and wrist support helps x

Chelsea sorry to hear you suffer from migraines and hope you are recovered. Dont worry if you cant complete the sets, I do remember lying on the floor in a gasping mess watching him thinking 'yeah right' lol I bet that you will soon be able to complete a set :)

Jess good luck :) you wont need it if you eat right and swing! Gosh i think lots of people would love to have those measurements, but you will get them reduced in time for your wedding. Look forward to hearing how you get on, and which one you start with :)

Hi Sweet Tooth thanks for posting the promo, very handy with christmas coming :) Looking forward to you joining us in Jan, not far away now!

I cant go to class Wed, so thinking might not bother tonight and put a dvd on instead. I was quite achy yesterday and then realised i didnt do any cool down stretches as i went to check the dinner when finished ooops, but not aching today :)

Lol I've got more ppl kettlebelling! First was my step sister (who is still doing it with me) then last week my sister in law bought a set and now my parents in law wanna do it, ordered them some bells last night!

I'm really flattered, as the results must b pretty noticeable, for ppl to be wanting to do it themselves x

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Lol I've got more ppl kettlebelling! First was my step sister (who is still doing it with me) then last week my sister in law bought a set and now my parents in law wanna do it, ordered them some bells last night!

I'm really flattered, as the results must b pretty noticeable, for ppl to be wanting to do it themselves x

It's great that you are such an inspiration to so many Donzy. My daughter - Mrs Lamps - is on board and a couple of my minis friends are buying a set too :D I just wish I wasn't the oldest swinger in town :8855:

Chelsea Lou said:
It's great that you are such an inspiration to so many Donzy. My daughter - Mrs Lamps - is on board and a couple of my minis friends are buying a set too :D I just wish I wasn't the oldest swinger in town :8855:

We're like krons disciples (not sure if I spelt that properly!) x

Whoo hoo, 10 minute fast abs done and dusted and Week 2 Resistance lined up for tomorrow :D My other pair of work trousers are really baggy on the hips and thighs, not so much around the waist but that'll soon change....right???? :)

Thanks everyone.Chelsea i cant do all the moves but do something even if its walking really fast on spot.The stairclimbers scare me because i fractured my ankle last dec and it took so long for it to heal.I am going to practice them when my wrist feels a bit better which it is. I sound like the walking wounded:eek:Done wk 4 resistance today which i enjoyed.Mrs Lampert wish i had your measurements.

Thanks everyone.Chelsea i cant do all the moves but do something even if its walking really fast on spot.The stairclimbers scare me because i fractured my ankle last dec and it took so long for it to heal.I am going to practice them when my wrist feels a bit better which it is. I sound like the walking wounded:eek:Done wk 4 resistance today which i enjoyed.Mrs Lampert wish i had your measurements.
Ouch Maggie, I can see why you would be worried - just take it really easy or if in doubt.......leave it out!!! I've got a stress fracture of L5 (lower spine) so need to be careful too, although...touch wood...my back has been fine for a few years now, since I invested in a really good bed. I couldn't walk 50 yards without being in pain and looking like a cripple but two years ago I did a 12 mile walk for charity and not so much of a twinge :eek: Right, where's my 4 leaf clover, lucky rabbits foot and all the other things I need, now I've tempted fate :D xx

Mrs Lampard said:
Well done Susie and maggie on your 2lb losses! :D xxx

Good luck mum on W3 - you can do it! How are you feeling now? Any differences? :) xxx

Well, Slimming 'n' Swinging officially started today. :D Going well so far - I had 2 Satsumas and x1 Alpen light bar for Breakfast, Chicken in pitta with salad for lunch + another Alpen light bar. Will have more fruit throughout the day if I get hungry, and luckily - the girls have decided to go to Nando's tonight so that's easy peasy! Will have a mixed leaf salad with a chicken breast, so tonight's dinner will be free. :)

Won't get home 'til about 10pm, but still determined to swing for the first time tonight. Will let you know how I get on tomorrow morning!

I weighed, and took all my measurements this morning...eek!!! I'm going to be very brave and list them here: :eek:

Arms - 14in
Bust (ribs) - 34in
Bust (chest) - 41in
Waist - 32in
Hips - 46in
Thigh - 27.5in
Calf - 17.5in
Tummy - 41.5in

:eek::eek::(

As you can probably tell, I'm a bit of an hourglass! :D Size 12-14, depending on make of clothes etc - pretty much a 14 on the bottom though.

Wish me luck!

xxxxx

Thank you Mrs Lampard xx

Kron said:
Hi All :)

Susie great to hear 2lb lost, shows what a missed sweetener can do lol Have fun with Resistance week 5, its better than week 4 :)

Maggie congrats on your 2lb loss as well :) Hope the technique and wrist support helps x

Chelsea sorry to hear you suffer from migraines and hope you are recovered. Dont worry if you cant complete the sets, I do remember lying on the floor in a gasping mess watching him thinking 'yeah right' lol I bet that you will soon be able to complete a set :)

Jess good luck :) you wont need it if you eat right and swing! Gosh i think lots of people would love to have those measurements, but you will get them reduced in time for your wedding. Look forward to hearing how you get on, and which one you start with :)

Hi Sweet Tooth thanks for posting the promo, very handy with christmas coming :) Looking forward to you joining us in Jan, not far away now!

I cant go to class Wed, so thinking might not bother tonight and put a dvd on instead. I was quite achy yesterday and then realised i didnt do any cool down stretches as i went to check the dinner when finished ooops, but not aching today :)

Thank you Kron xx

Whoo hoo, 10 minute fast abs done and dusted and Week 2 Resistance lined up for tomorrow :D My other pair of work trousers are really baggy on the hips and thighs, not so much around the waist but that'll soon change....right???? :)

Hi Chelsea Lou - good that you're noticing some results already - it's really motivating, isn't it? I found I lost nothing from the hips in Round 1 but loads from the waist/tummy area. On Round 2 my hips really shrank and although I still lost on the waist it was less than R1. Others have had the opposite experience. So don't worry, it will all catch up and even out after a couple of rounds! :)

Morning Swingers! Well after my aborted attempt at Wk3 Cardio on Sunday, I'm back and that's Core just completed. Wheezed a little but much better than I expected except I can really, really feel my core now! I think its cause I'm been coughing so much I've been using the same muscles! Cough yourself to better Abs - it's a winning DVD!! :D:eek:

Can't believe how much I miss swinging when I don't do it. I'd have never thought in a gazillion years I would love this so much. :)

Quick update on Mr S - we were both at work yesterday with me being his left hand woman! We got loads done and it wasn't as painful for him as he expected so that's great. What a guy!! Love him to bits even though he's a pain in the arse!! :D

Christmas card mountain today. Got my stamps ready so going to tackle all the ones I have to post. Oh the glamour!! :D

Have a good day everyone. :)

Back