Secret to shaping up

Hi all :)

Donzy so pleased your results are inspiring others :) you can have swinging parties lol

Susie you are steaming through it :) week 5! Won't be long before results time.

Chelsea great to hear you got that quick session in :) I have a lower back injury and since swinging I am virtually pain free, strengthening your muscles really helps. Your waist will catch up! Your doing really well to have a difference in your lower body, and as the thigh and butt muscles are the biggest body muscles, working them is burning alot more calories!

Maggie good to hear your enjoying :) i would suggest working out barefoot and lifting your toes off the floor a little when doing squat, swing moves. This will target the muscles more effectively by forcing you to have good form which will protect your ankle by keeping your weight in good alignment through your thigh into your heel

Sue lol we should have rock hard abs with this stupid cold going around! Great to hear Mr S is getting along ok, must be nice having the opportunity to work together once in a while, is sign writing a talent you have? You are just too blooming efficient, your Christmases must be stress free, your must be nearly done!

I ended up doing Katami DVD last night, it was hard work and I am still getting to grips with his combination of moves, need some more practice with this one :)

Kron said:
Susie you are steaming through it :) week 5! Won't be long before results time.

Maggie good to hear your enjoying :) i would suggest working out barefoot and lifting your toes off the floor a little when doing squat, swing moves. This will target the muscles more effectively by forcing you to have good form which will protect your ankle by keeping your weight in good alignment through your thigh into your heel

I work out barefoot so will have to check I lift my toes off the floor ! :)

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Meant to start wk3 tonight but feeling rough with a bladder infection, hopefully be up and running tomorrow. Don't wanna miss it!

Born this way?

:rolleyes: Hi all, I've been inspired by all your wonderful posts to 'take up the kettlebell', having used one for a few moves in other workouts, I'm now on week 2 of Kettleworx. Hard going, but nothing worthwhile is ever easy (well, in my life at least!). At least that's what I was trying to tell myself as I was running around a kb this morning at 7.30am (Wk 2, Cardio 2) It did remind me slightly of a night out, dancing around your handbag, especially as towards the end I was nearly staggering and felt a bit sick, like I had drank too much - and I only had a sip of water! :p
But really, well done to all, I'm not really much of a poster, but have gotten a lot of tips and encouragement out of reading this thread. My 'cunning plan', as Baldrick would say, is to complete the 6 weeks doing what I can, which is almost all so far, using lighter weights than most of you, as I really lack strength, so I'm using 3kg and 4kg bells mainly, and have a 5kg on standby for when I get a bit stronger, and then repeat the 6 wks with heavier weights and hopefully, better form. I will say that Kettleworx challenges muscles that I didn't know I had!:8855:
I will leave you with a link I hope you will all appreciate - it made me feel a bit better about myself anyway! Nice to know 'everyone' has to work on it! Apologies if you have seen it already. Keep up the good work and great posts! Thanks

Bodybuilding.com - Male Transformation Of The Week - Ryan Shanahan!

Morning everyone, I hope we are all having a lovely Wednesday.

I start week 3 core tomorrow and still have to do week 2 resistance. For reasons that I won't bore you with on here, I haven't been able to do it but will go at it tonight with feeling :D

Kron, and Cat-Lover Sue, thanks for the advice and reassurance. Cheered me up no end xxx

Wk 4 core done and must say i really enjoyed it and and Kron thanks for the tip on working barefoot and lifting toes.Start wk 5 cardio on saturday hope its not too hard.:)Well done everyone.

Start week 3 gooooo :D

Done, did Cardio to start the week as usual. Week 3 has been the easiest cardio week so far!

Aw you girls are going great guns and I am feeling a little bit pathetic this evening. I have just done Week 2 Resistance but only 1 set. I am absolutely kernackered:D and there was no way I could carry on. I have been sat here for nearly 10 minutes and heart still pounding :eek: I'll get there, after all Rome wasn't built in a day was it???

Chelsea Lou said:
Aw you girls are going great guns and I am feeling a little bit pathetic this evening. I have just done Week 2 Resistance but only 1 set. I am absolutely kernackered:D and there was no way I could carry on. I have been sat here for nearly 10 minutes and heart still pounding :eek: I'll get there, after all Rome wasn't built in a day was it???

Why don't you slow down a bit, maybe pause it for a minute or two until you're ready to carry on or. I don't know maybe Kron has a better answer. Xx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Deff would pause it and give yourself a breather before you begin again.

I stop for a 20 seconds, catch my breath and get a sip of water x

You are not!! *hugs*

Evening all!

Ankle has been so sore that I had to give up Swinging for quite a few days.

Am now back on track though. I completed week 5 resistance this morning. was really worried about lifting my 8kg so dropped down to the 6. Wasn't feeling it after the first set so went back to my 8 which was fine. Then got to the end and decided to rewind it and do an extra set. Defo worked up a sweat and feel better for it!

It sound like you're all doing really well... Keep it up ladies (and Martin!).

Na-night x

Week 5, round 3 Cardio and Core done. Core is definitely my favourite.
I was very tired and found I was using my 7.5 for many exercises and dropped down to my 5kg for gunslingers.....we all have bad days!
One more week today and I'll be updating pics. then I'm going to have a few weeks of freestyle swinging while I decide what to do next.
All my life I could never do a proper push up.......I can hardly believe it but now I can! It's still a killer and I do sometimes worry that I'll get stuck down there and won't be able to push up, but roughly speaking I can do five acceptable push-ups. It just goes to show! It did take weeks of trying though.

I have started going to a gym and there's a pull-up/chin-up bar. Now there's something else I have NEVER been able to even half do (can hardly even hang on it, never mind pull up!) If someone helps me by holding my legs and gradually giving me less and less support each time, I am thinking of making it my goal to be able to do one chin-up on my own, I will give myself six months!

Just love the idea that nothing is impossible. x

Hi Biggy - perhaps you could entertain your wedding guests by doing a chin-up at the reception in your wedding dress :) LOL

And here I was thinking about which band/dj etc to get.
Bride attempts a chin-up. Wedding entertainment, sorted!
thanks!! ;)

Hi Peeps - well that's Round 3 Week 3 finished with Resistance just now. And might I add without the drugs to get me through! Definately felt it but that's me till Sunday now so plenty of time to recover.

Biggy - no need for thanks. Just posting a pic for us all will do! :)

Mr Sue is getting on alright after his accident. He's in that "I need mince pies/cookies/chocolate cause I'm in pain" phase at the moment. I've perfected the art of nibbling at a corner of whatever goodie he has so I get my fix but with a teeny amount of the calories! :)

Keep up the good work all. xx :)

Chelsea i have had to hit the pause button a few times otherwise i would be found in a heap,this wk has been much better though.Thank god i seem to be getting a bit fitter.I have had a sore throat and chest as has everyone in the house.My OH has a throat and chest infection

Back