Secret to shaping up

Hi all :)

Susie lifting the toes is one of the tips I picked up and can make the move feel so much different!

Joanne Sounds like you feel better, good to hear :) and finding it a bit easier as your getting used to the moves, and handling your bell. As long as your feeling challenged, your working it!

Jess officially a swinger :) Each session will work your whole body so in the first few sessions expect an ache after as your muscles get woken up! Katami is a kettlebell DVD, more of an advanced workout, it's a lot harder than Ryan lol

M & M lol welcome, great news your swinging :) Hope you keep us updated, it's always good to hear how everyone's getting along. Give that 5 a go as well, you might surprise yourself

Chelsea great to hear you got it done. Everyone's fitness level is different, so I would suggest that you don't try and keep up, and if you need to, pause for a few moments, it will get easier. I honestly was so unfit, but survived x

Mama good to have you back :) keep a check on that ankle x

Biggie roll on next week and round 3 photos :) I don't think many of us could do a push up when we started swinging, so what a great achievement! Great to hear you've signed up at the gym, but I bet it will be less than 6 months before you beat the bar ;) you will have a lot more control over your whole body so may just need to build the strength in your arms to complete the move x haha your wedding party would be one never forgotten!

Sue Glad to hear your feeling better and off the drugs! How much self control do you have! Hubby would be lucky to get crumbs if I started nibbling lol

Maggie sorry to hear the cold bug has got to you as well, it's making the rounds! Good to hear your feeling fitter, it's surprising how quick it starts to happen :)

I was out for a car very last night, felt so full I fell asleep on the couch when I got in lol hubby's just finished a kw session, so must go have a swing myself

Aw you girls are going great guns and I am feeling a little bit pathetic this evening. I have just done Week 2 Resistance but only 1 set. I am absolutely kernackered:D and there was no way I could carry on. I have been sat here for nearly 10 minutes and heart still pounding :eek: I'll get there, after all Rome wasn't built in a day was it???

top tip!

way back in the day when I did triathlons my coach taught me to monitor my heart FIRST thing in the morning, and from that establish what rate corresponded to sessions where i did well. I soon found that if my heart first thing was above a certain level as a lay in bed then exercising hard would be counterproductive

I found for iphones apps that now do this for you so worth thinking about . it learning to listen to your body i guess

Thank you, Kron, for the welcome. I hope you all enjoyed the pics of the somewhat punier Ryan on the link, before he kettlebelled himself to perfection :)

Well I've just taken my 'before' photos, as I am NOT taking photos of myself in a bra and pants I wore a skinny tee and leggings, so hopefully we'll see the difference.

Happy Friday everybody!!!

I have just got back from a lovely day of pampering at The Sanctuary in Coventry Garden and it was lovely!

Steam, sauna, massage...the works. Can't wait to do some swinging in the morning now.

Hope ur all well x x

M and M said:
Oh yeah, those muscles will be well warmed-up after that lot, sounds lovely! You will sleep like a baby tonight :)

Thanks M, here's hoping!!!

Am just booking another spa break now... Hee hee

Its the weekend, I dont have to go to work - why am I awake at 5am!
Heating broke down yesterday, thankfully got it fixed.
Must have a swing today, its been a few days since I have worked out, and missing it lol

Must do bells today! Haven't done in since Monday! I hurt my back getting my daughter and carseat out (must have twisted funny) so am going to take it steady. Hope everyone is doing good xxx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Its the weekend, I dont have to go to work - why am I awake at 5am!
Heating broke down yesterday, thankfully got it fixed.
Must have a swing today, its been a few days since I have worked out, and missing it lol
Kron, it is so annoying isn't it when your internal alarm clock goes off at stupid o'clock on the weekends. Grrrr.

Glad you got your heating sorted out and enjoy your swinging session x
Must do bells today! Haven't done in since Monday! I hurt my back getting my daughter and carseat out (must have twisted funny) so am going to take it steady. Hope everyone is doing good xxx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins
Ouch, hope your back is feeling better Donzy. Take it easy if you have a swing today.

I haven't had a swing since Wednesday. I was supposed to start week three Core on Thursday and here we are on Saturday :cry:I've been feeling like poo and just couldn't face it but after doing some Xmas shopping today I plan to really get stuck in. Core today, Cardio tomorrow and then I will have caught up.

Hope you all have a great weekend x

Hi all. Hope you don't mind a newbie joining in. I've just finished week 3 of the Kettleworx programme and thought I was doing really well even if my weightloss hasn't been as huge or noticable as some of you amazing people in here. Was finding the 5kg heavy enough because I really am pretty weak but was contemplating moving up to a 7.5 kg when I suddenly realised that I'm not using 5kg at all but the 5lb free bell :eek:
Everyone on here says that's too light but I've been struggling a bit!!
I do like the shape and feel of the Kettleworx bell though but they're pretty expensive and only come in lbs. Any recommendations of a better one to move up to? From 5lb to 10lb or look for a 5kg one?

Hi catkims welcome glad your going to join us :)
If you can move up it will be better, and altho a 5kg may seem heavy, it's not long before your used to it. Tesco do one for £10 and is a similar style to the kw one, and will help burn more calories.

Chelsea enjoy your shopping trip, and save some energy for core. I find core a little easier than the others so will finish your day off nicely :)

Donzy hope your ok, take it easy, you may find that a good swing helps ease your back, but if a particular move hurts, skip it x

Getting closer to my swing, groceries are done, so just need to do the housework, and my stew is bubbling away for dinner tonight, so seem to be getting closer to chilling out lol

:cry:Have flu feel terrible so no swinging for me today feel lightheaded will do either tomoro or monday.Seeing as it was cardio today thought i had better not chance it, but feel guilty:(

Maggie hope you feel better soon x make sure you look after yourself, nothing to feel guilty about, you cant help being sick.

I had a swing :) 10 minute body blast followed by some freestyle so chose some of my favourite moves, I really enjoyed it! And my stew seems to have attracted a tiger loaf ooops lol more swinging tomorrow ;)

Afternoon Everyone. Well a productive day for me so far. Cardio Week 4 done and dusted this morning. Love those Sumo Squats, you can really feel it in your inner thighs. Over half-way through Round 3 now. Whoop whoop! :)

Got the Christmas tree and decs up. Only one argument which must be a record. Mr Sue turns into the devil once a year normally when trying to sort out the fairy lights! Did chuckle to myself though watching him getting more and more frustrated trying to sort them with his one good hand! Ha Ha!

Also had a great WI yesterday. Acheived my pre-Christmas mini goal and now have lost 4 stone in total. Celebrated with a fish supper. God did it taste fab. My first takeout since May!!

Not only that. Got myself a sparkly top for the Christmas party from M&Co which has saved me a trip into Inverness on Friday. Still taking Friday off though. I can feel a very lazy day coming on then.

Back to the hospital Tuesday morning so hopefully Mr S will lose his plaster cast. I'm hoping they just bandage up his thumb into a permanent "thumbs up". Tee hee hee.

Hope everyone who was feeling crap is getting better. Positive vibes and love to all. xxxx

Hi all. Hope you don't mind a newbie joining in. I've just finished week 3 of the Kettleworx programme and thought I was doing really well even if my weightloss hasn't been as huge or noticable as some of you amazing people in here. Was finding the 5kg heavy enough because I really am pretty weak but was contemplating moving up to a 7.5 kg when I suddenly realised that I'm not using 5kg at all but the 5lb free bell :eek:
Everyone on here says that's too light but I've been struggling a bit!!
I do like the shape and feel of the Kettleworx bell though but they're pretty expensive and only come in lbs. Any recommendations of a better one to move up to? From 5lb to 10lb or look for a 5kg one?
Hi, I am fairly new too, and am just finishing up week 3. I have been using a 10lb bell from day 1, Kron recommended it and you really do feel like you are getting a good work out with it. Good luck x
:cry:Have flu feel terrible so no swinging for me today feel lightheaded will do either tomoro or monday.Seeing as it was cardio today thought i had better not chance it, but feel guilty:(
Aw, sorry to hear that you are feeling poorly and please don't feel guilty. These things can't be helped and you certainly need to be looking after yourself and not worrying about swinging.

Take care and get well soon x

Afternoon Everyone. Well a productive day for me so far. Cardio Week 4 done and dusted this morning. Love those Sumo Squats, you can really feel it in your inner thighs. Over half-way through Round 3 now. Whoop whoop! :)

Got the Christmas tree and decs up. Only one argument which must be a record. Mr Sue turns into the devil once a year normally when trying to sort out the fairy lights! Did chuckle to myself though watching him getting more and more frustrated trying to sort them with his one good hand! Ha Ha!

Also had a great WI yesterday. Acheived my pre-Christmas mini goal and now have lost 4 stone in total. Celebrated with a fish supper. God did it taste fab. My first takeout since May!!

Not only that. Got myself a sparkly top for the Christmas party from M&Co which has saved me a trip into Inverness on Friday. Still taking Friday off though. I can feel a very lazy day coming on then.

Back to the hospital Tuesday morning so hopefully Mr S will lose his plaster cast. I'm hoping they just bandage up his thumb into a permanent "thumbs up". Tee hee hee.

Hope everyone who was feeling crap is getting better. Positive vibes and love to all. xxxx
Bloomin marvellous!! 4 stones lighter. Congratulations :D

Love the story about the one-handed light detangling session......pmsl x

Thanks for the advice! I feel so bloody daft, I thought I was finding it all a bit easier than expected! Lol. Just ordered a 5kg bell from Tesco, picking it up tomorrow. I'm worried it will be far too heavy for my weak little arms but we'll see!

Back