Secret to shaping up

Just done cardio wk5 and cracked that gorgeous coconut on my knee :)

Great new moves in there again and loved the squat and kick and coconut cracker, can definitely feel it at the moment.

I also managed to somehow smack myself in the mouth with the handle of the kettlebell and now have a fat, sore bruised lip :(

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Last edited:
The weekends over already! I am no where near ready for Monday and another week of work lol

M and M me and hubby sorted out that tiger loaf :) still not had a swing yet to help counteract that and a few other weekend goodies, but the night is still young (ish)

Sue well done on your 4 stone loss, and ahead of your mini goal as well :)
Hope Mr Sue gets on ok on Tuesday, and you get your thumbs up lol we've got as far as talking about getting the decorations up, no date set yet tho lol

Catkims how exciting picking up your 5kg tomorrow :) you will feel the difference but I am sure you will be ok, you always have your baby bell to fall back on if you need to for the odd move.

Susie hope you fat lip is ok, it's been a while since we have had some bell abuse :) great to hear you enjoyed your new moves, that cocunut one was a killer the first time I did it lol

It's been a busy weekend and haven't got half the things I had planned to do done and I am in lazy Sunday evening mode so either need to get moving or get bits done in the week, I am starting to realise Christmas is coming really soon lol

Happy Monday to all! Hope we all have a good week ahead. Let's start the week right! :553:

It was a real battle of willls as I was hungover, but I managed to finish Week 5 yesterday. Those explosive sit-ups made me feel very ropey. I really must get some will power for nights out. I'm afraid I'm very easily led (that's my excuse!)
Just one week of Kettleworx left then I think I'll free-style for a bit as I am going to focus more on weight-training in the gym.

Anyway managed wk 5 Cardio how i dont know as i was struggling for breath.Wish this thing would clear up and clear off not a good patient.My sisterinlaw got me a kettlebell today so i can continue my workouts when i go to Ireland for xmas.She prob thinks im mad she has such a lovely figure:jelous: but is also such a lovely friend:).Mrs Lampard its not easy if you are feeling under the weather, but stick at it and you will lose weight.

Hi all :)

desperate2Bslim so right in getting the week started right, but I still hate Mondays lol

Maggie well done on giving cardio a go when your unwell. How lovely is your sil in getting you a bell for when you go over for christmas, she most probably wants to know what you do with it lol hope you get better soon x

Biggy out drinking and then swinging thats gotta be tough! lol Looking forward to hearing your end results next week, when your round 3 is over. Look at you becoming a gym bunny :)

Hi Jess sorry to hear you have been under the weather, and hope you can get the determination to get on track, I think this time of year when its cold, it can be hard as your body wants all comfort foods as is pre built to want us to have a bit of extra padding during the cold months.

Your body weight and size can be smaller in the mornings (slightly) and can increase over the course of the day through eating and drinking. You can also be slightly taller as your joints have had no pressure on them whilst you have been lying in bed, but for all of this, we are talking minimal amounts. I hope the loss in inches helps motivate you to pick up that bell, which in turn helps you make some good food choices, you need both to get you to your goal :)

I am going to get ready to swing, waiting for hubby to get home, so we can do ryan together ;) its his pick tonight so i know it will be kw as he thinks my other dvds are too hard - bless him lol

Evening all, jeez, my legs and arms are shaking so much but I did it, with only a brief pause....WEEK 3 CARDIO done and dusted. Resistance tomorrow then eyes down for Week 4 on Thursday :D It was a killer......but I did it!!!!!!! Feel pretty darn good now and just off to rescue my salmon fillets and wholewheat pasta *searches for misplaced halo*

Have a good evening Swingers xxx

Well done, Sue! Amazing weightloss, and great timing, that 'glow' will carry you through Christmas with your head held high (much too high to see any chocolates etc!). I love checking in here, I always get a motivational boost when I see all the swinging that's been going on. I find it hard to get into the exercise sometimes, with my creaky 52-yr old bones and the Men...oh..<pause>.. :sigh:

I'm now using my 5kg for the 'bendy' bits and a 3 or 4 for the 'arms out' bits, but I'm enjoying it, I can definitely feel a 'core benefit', I was bouncing around on my gym ball yesterday while playing my Xbox, and I could really feel I was a lot more stable when my feet were off the ground and that could only come from increased core strength. I do wish for a relatively expensive dvd set though, that Ryan had been edited to have equal amount of reps on both sides, especially that one where you have to lie down and reach up with the bell on one side, he's got like 3 reps on one side and 7 on the other??:mad:

Evening all, jeez, my legs and arms are shaking so much but I did it, with only a brief pause....WEEK 3 CARDIO done and dusted. Resistance tomorrow then eyes down for Week 4 on Thursday :D It was a killer......but I did it!!!!!!!

Oh no! I've got week 3 cardio on Weds :cry:

Well done, Sue! Amazing weightloss, and great timing, that 'glow' will carry you through Christmas with your head held high (much too high to see any chocolates etc!). I love checking in here, I always get a motivational boost when I see all the swinging that's been going on. I find it hard to get into the exercise sometimes, with my creaky 52-yr old bones and the Men...oh..<pause>.. :sigh:
M and M, I sympathise with the creaking bones, I'm 56 and I call it the Men Oh Stopped lol!! Still, no need for central heating at the moment :D
I'm now using my 5kg for the 'bendy' bits and a 3 or 4 for the 'arms out' bits, but I'm enjoying it, I can definitely feel a 'core benefit', I was bouncing around on my gym ball yesterday while playing my Xbox, and I could really feel I was a lot more stable when my feet were off the ground and that could only come from increased core strength. I do wish for a relatively expensive dvd set though, that Ryan had been edited to have equal amount of reps on both sides, especially that one where you have to lie down and reach up with the bell on one side, he's got like 3 reps on one side and 7 on the other??:mad:
He irritates me with the uneven reps, so I always do extra on the side he does less on and then catch up on the other side. Grrrrrrrr
Oh no! I've got week 3 cardio on Weds :cry:
Lol, best of luck with it..........I've got the Resistance to look forward to...groan x

Evening all, jeez, my legs and arms are shaking so much but I did it, with only a brief pause....WEEK 3 CARDIO done and dusted. Resistance tomorrow then eyes down for Week 4 on Thursday :D It was a killer......but I did it!!!!!!! Feel pretty darn good now and just off to rescue my salmon fillets and wholewheat pasta *searches for misplaced halo*

Wow Chelsea Lou, I am impressed you're doing it every day. When I was off work for 3 weeks in September I was swinging every other day but now back to my 3 times a week pattern. Not sure I would have the stamina or the willpower to do a session every day. Plus I think my body would rebel! :eek:

Cat Lover, it is only because I am playing catch up. My days should be Thursday, Saturday and Monday with a 10 minute fast one perhaps on Tuesday or Wednesday. I am not being a geek........honest lol

Well done, Sue! Amazing weightloss, and great timing, that 'glow' will carry you through Christmas with your head held high (much too high to see any chocolates etc!).

Thanks very much. :) Unfortunately I am easily distracted so my eyes have already landed on the 3 for 2 Matchmakers offer and they are in my cupboard! :D That's my Chrimbo chocs sorted this year. Also going to go wild and have a drum of Twiglets! :D But might I add they are both good Weightwatchers choices compared with other chocs and snacks so still feel a little bit virtuous! :)

But that's exactly how to do it the right way, planning in advance and making an informed and healthier choice. Hark at me, should take my own advice!

I will do resistance on wed core on fri and to get back on track cardio on sat.Knackered even thinking about it.Everyone is doing so well.M and M every time i see your avator i think of the xmas add have you seen it.It is really good.:smiley1842::)

You go, Maggie! Didn't see the ad, I don't even like m+ms, I think there must have been an ad on for them when I was registering or something! Though people trying to lose weight probably don't want to be looking at pics of chocolate, must change it

I really got to get my head sorted!!! Haven't done a workout in a week now! Not only that but I'm eating like there's no tomorrow!!!! Doesn't help that hubby keeps getting choc and wine from work and we got 3 nights out coming up x

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Morning All - Core done and dusted first thing. Can't normally do a session before breakfast but about to brave the snow (big style here) and take Mr S to the hospital. Ok with Core and Wk4 is great as after the twists and bends you are on the floor for the rest. Couldn't have done it with Cardio or Resistance as need too much energy.

The snow is really bad and its just slippy-tastic. Spent yesterday burning a few extra calories clearing the path with my lovely new extra wide and deep yet still lightweight aluminium snow shovel! :) It's the little things in life that keep you going!! :)

Catch you all this evening peeps. xxx

Back