Secret to shaping up

Hi everyone

Been a while since I posted on here. I have just, literally, got around to doing my first ever Kettlebell workout.

I did the Sarah Lurie Iron Core Way volume one. I have a 6lb bell. I found it easy to follow though to start with I couldnt lift the damn bell in the exercises that involved lifting it above head level and was thinking this bell is way too heavy... however half way in I was able to do it though I did clunk myself on the shoulder several times haha.

I enjoyed it - i've never done it before and I would say the dvd is quite basic and therefore very easy to understand - I will keep on doing it till I really get it and then move onto something else.

Dont think i'll get the kettleworx set though - i know what im like in that i'm not great in sticking to a set programme and, please tell me if im wrong, it seems that you have to follow it in sequence and do week 1, week 2, week 3 etc. Afraid im more of a free styler - which tends to be my downfall!

Kron - A question for you if thats ok - how do you rate The Art of Strength, Providence dvd workout that you mentioned much earlier in this thread. Once ive mastered Iron Core volume 1 do you think that would be a good one to move onto - or the Godess one (cant remember her name off top of my head - memory again lol). Thank you.

Im back doing slimming world again - i tried calorie counting, worked great for two weeks but by week 3 was willing to eat my arm off - it was my first weigh in last night and I lost 9lbs. Was thrilled!!! I always loose loads first week of a diet then it really slows down, about week three usually stops for a while - so whilst 9lbs is fantastic I aint counting my chickens yet.

Everyone seems to be well into the kettlebells - its all very exciting and supportive - all the best to you all (ooh and me) in your swinging
:553: :):):):):):):):):):):):):553:

How funny is this ? I saw some colleagues today at a works do in london and a handful came up to me and said I had lost loads of weight and looked really healthy. Well I'm actually a few pounds heavier than September but my figure has changed dramatically since I've been doing kettlebells. :)

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Hi all :)
hubby and I had a fun workout last night, to my surprise he didnt grab Ryan and was happy to do the 12 min body blast by Lauren Brooks, think it was me saying it was a quickie that persuaded him lol

Chelsea woo hoo well done on doing the whole of week 3 cardio :) hopefully it will start getting a bit easier for you, it will always be a bit of a struggle, but that's what makes it work. That halo is gleaming lol

M and M great to hear your using your 5 for some of the moves, it's a good idea using a ball while your sitting that will help those abs :) good luck with cardio week 3 ryan will work you, and sort out those creaks lol. I am a newbie to the menopause, it is quite 'interesting' but luckily have got the hot flushes under control, altho as it's getting colder would welcome a bit of heat once in a while lol

Maggie hope your ok to get on with resistance tomorrow, core is normally not quite as challenging as the others so a good one to fit in to bring you back on track

Donzy how many swings to Christmas lol hope you are able to carry on soon, you must be missing it and we want progress pics :)

Sue did Mr Sue give you the thumbs up :) f it's not leaves being swept your out digging snow lol I hear there's a bit of the White stuff that end of the country so enjoy your new shovel, bet he is happy your so easily pleased lol

Hi kimknees great to hear from you again, and your swinging with Sarah lol. Art of Strength follows the same principles in giving you a short break between each move, I would say a little more challenging than Sarah, I haven't used Providence for ages as I have lent it out but all of their DVDs have good reviews. Andrea DuCanes Goddess DVD is good, no music or count downs, she is very serious and some of the moves are demonstrated standing on a box to get deeper bends, which can be modified to avoid using a box. It has body part workouts so you can choose lower, upper, etc workouts and it has 3 of them to show different ways of doing a move so you get a good view of form

Susie that's brilliant, isn't it fantastic when people see such a difference in you :) the power of the bells are with you lol

Hope everyone is putting something swinging on their santas wish list Lol

hey guys

I am considering buying the Kettleworx set that is advertised on the shopping channel, but my question is, when do I start this, as I still have some weight to lose, I don't want to tone too early and end up bulky:rolleyes:

Would be great to hear your experiences and also if anyone has any before & after pics, that would be great, is it as good as the ad makes out?

Thanks x

Hi Wish Kettlebells won't bulk, they trim you down :) if the set your looking at comes with a 5lb bell, be prepared to get another one that is 5kg or 10lbs to work out with. Kw is a great way to tone up and I used it while I was losing the weight, so you don't need to wait to get swinging :) I have achieved fantastic results, and so have others, so there is no denying the results. You will not be a size 8 in 6 weeks but if you repeat the programme you will shrink like the other belles have

There are some fantastic progress pics on here, and postings of incredible inch losses.

Maggie great to hear your feeling better x

Hi everyone, I hope you are all fine and dandy today.

I'm feeling pleased as I managed to do Week 3 Resistance and boy did I feel like I'd done a work-out afterwards. I felt great :D So halfway done and dusted and I've lost 1" from bust, 2" from waist :eek::D 1" from each thigh and nearly 1" from both arms :D:D Love handles are diminishing nicely.

I have had some dental treatment today and don't have a very good bite. It is a temporary crown which will be replaced in two weeks, so looks like I will be on baby food and soup for 14 days. Now if that doesn't shift a few lbs then nothing will.

Enjoy what is left of the evening.

Week 4 Core on Thursday :D:D:D Love this! xx

Chelsea fab half way results and getting the full sessions in as well, the bells are awesome :) hope your crown doesn't dislodge your halo lol throw a few extra windmills (disco side bends) in, they target those love handles :) good luck with your gloop diet over the next couple of weeks, at least it's a good time of year to be having soup, and scientifically proven to help with weight loss, a win win situation x

Chelsea fab half way results and getting the full sessions in as well, the bells are awesome :) hope your crown doesn't dislodge your halo lol throw a few extra windmills (disco side bends) in, they target those love handles :) good luck with your gloop diet over the next couple of weeks, at least it's a good time of year to be having soup, and scientifically proven to help with weight loss, a win win situation x
Thanks Kron. Lol about the crown and halo :D I haven't done the windmills yet so not sure what you mean. Maybe I will have the pleasure of those on Week 4?

As ever, you are so supportive of everyone and give such good advice. Our very own superwoman xxx

You have done them, Ryan has his own names for moves lol in my sig, the link to the basic swinging post has a windmill you tube example, you will know it when you see it. I do these every session :) it's great hearing about shrinking results x

Kron said:
You have done them, Ryan has his own names for moves lol in my sig, the link to the basic swinging post has a windmill you tube example, you will know it when you see it. I do these every session :) it's great hearing about shrinking results x

Disco side bends!!! ?

Going to try and finish week 3. Been a bit ill this week, bleh! x

Hi All - just checking in. Mr Sue gotta wear another plaster cast until 20 Dec so he is not a happy bunny, but then should be ok for Christmas. I'm fine ta. Would be doing Wk4 Resistance on Thursday evening but getting my hair cut and off on Friday so will be doing it then instead.

Round 3 seems to be going super quick. I think its because its going to finish just before Christmas and this time of year always goes fast with everything you are racing around to do.

Catch you all soon. Glad to hear a few peeps are starting to feel better after all the bugs that have been flying around the past couple of weeks. :)

Adopts a Bruce/Tess Strictly voice" Keeeeeeeeeep Swinging"!! :)

:48:Hey all, well Resistance wk 5 done wasnt too bad.My wrist is a lot better since i started wearing the support while doing the kettlebells.I am so pleased that i found this thread it keeps me on the right path.

maggie1962 said:
:48:Hey all, well Resistance wk 5 done wasnt too bad.My wrist is a lot better since i started wearing the support while doing the kettlebells.I am so pleased that i found this thread it keeps me on the right path.

Those wrist supports are really good. Glad they are working for you x

Hi all :)

Donzy, have I made another name for a move lol

Joanne hope you get through it all right when you get started and feel better soon x

Sue shame he has to have another cast but good news he will be fit in time to carve the turkey :) any plans for your day off?
Time is whizzing by and still nowhere near ready for Christmas lol

Maggie great to hear your wrist is better, can't believe your on week 5, your nearly finished :)

I haven't had a swing yet! How is it after 9pm! Stupid Christmas making time go quick lol

I'm just annoyed kron because i don't think im going to get my 6 weeks done before Christmas now :( x

Hi everyone,

I haven't posted for a while but have been reading and sounds like you are all swinging away, well done :)

I havent picked up a kettlebell in 2 weeks! Have just been shattered and not in the zone at all!! Got a new pup last week and he's been taking up a good bit of my time, having to carry him up and down the stairs hourly for the toilet so at least it's some exercise!!!

Weather here is mental which hasn't helped as I just want to hibernate, got a day off work because of high winds :)

Happy swinging folks and I'll get back to it soon, promise!!

Morning everyone - not that its a good one here in Leeds, wet, very windy and oh my boilers packed up - no heating or hot water.... excellent. Hopefully help is on its way!!

Having bit of a dilemma re kettlebells and wonder if anyone could guide me (I'm guessing you probably can lol).. did my first Kettlebell workout couple days ago. Have got Iron Core Workout Dvd Sarah Lurie volume 1. Enjoyed it but didnt really ache much and reading posts on here a lot of people seem to really feel it and that its quite challenging. I think i've made a boob in purchasing a bell that is too heavy for me to start with and I'm pretty sure I wasnt doing the exercises correctly, in fact some of them I could hardly lift the darn thing. I got a 6kg bell :mad: -fool that I am - I think I must have thought it was a 6lb bell. 6kgs equates to over 13lbs (OMG) which is a lot for a first timer I feel, also my upper body strength is pants.

Although I wasnt sure about the the kettleworx programme before I am inspired to purchase it after reading more on here.

I defo need to start with a smaller bell - Im debating over 2 choices ...... should I buy the kettleworx ultra programme at £80 with a 5lb bell.....or go for the Kettlercise Just for Women 2 DVD with 2kg (just over 4lbs) bell at £35... Obviously the second one is much cheaper and Ive already got the Iron core dvd and a 6kg bell I could work up to or do I say SOD IT and purchase the kettleworx ultra. Im kinda split both ways (well I will be if I try using that 6kg bell again haha) It makes financial sense to go for the Kettlercise option at £35 - bearing in mind I already have one dvd and one bell but I also fancy that kettleworx (just not the price).

I'd welcome peoples opinions especially if they've tried both Kettlercise for Women DVD and Kettleworx :)

Im not gonna swing again till I get a smaller bell - I've hurt front of my forearms -dont think thats meant to happen - and its the only place I dont need to tone up lol

Thanks everyone x

Back