Secret to shaping up

Hi everyone,

I haven't posted for a while but have been reading and sounds like you are all swinging away, well done :)

I havent picked up a kettlebell in 2 weeks! Have just been shattered and not in the zone at all!! Got a new pup last week and he's been taking up a good bit of my time, having to carry him up and down the stairs hourly for the toilet so at least it's some exercise!!!

Weather here is mental which hasn't helped as I just want to hibernate, got a day off work because of high winds :)

Happy swinging folks and I'll get back to it soon, promise!!
Hi Chick, sorry you haven't been in the zone but I am not surprised with a new baby to look after....awwwwww. You'll be swinging again soon enough :D The weather forecast for W. Scotland looked dreadful this morning. So glad I live dahn sarf although it is a bit breezy here.....bit of a bad hair day that's for sure. Hope things settle down for you soon.

PS Our I.T. help desk is in Scotland and they have had to shut the office as of about 30 minutes ago, so things must be pretty hairy, as they look after 60,000 people nationwide!!!
Morning everyone - not that its a good one here in Leeds, wet, very windy and oh my boilers packed up - no heating or hot water.... excellent. Hopefully help is on its way!!

Having bit of a dilemma re kettlebells and wonder if anyone could guide me (I'm guessing you probably can lol).. did my first Kettlebell workout couple days ago. Have got Iron Core Workout Dvd Sarah Lurie volume 1. Enjoyed it but didnt really ache much and reading posts on here a lot of people seem to really feel it and that its quite challenging. I think i've made a boob in purchasing a bell that is too heavy for me to start with and I'm pretty sure I wasnt doing the exercises correctly, in fact some of them I could hardly lift the darn thing. I got a 6kg bell :mad: -fool that I am - I think I must have thought it was a 6lb bell. 6kgs equates to over 13lbs (OMG) which is a lot for a first timer I feel, also my upper body strength is pants.

Although I wasnt sure about the the kettleworx programme before I am inspired to purchase it after reading more on here.

I defo need to start with a smaller bell - Im debating over 2 choices ...... should I buy the kettleworx ultra programme at £80 with a 5lb bell.....or go for the Kettlercise Just for Women 2 DVD with 2kg (just over 4lbs) bell at £35... Obviously the second one is much cheaper and Ive already got the Iron core dvd and a 6kg bell I could work up to or do I say SOD IT and purchase the kettleworx ultra. Im kinda split both ways (well I will be if I try using that 6kg bell again haha) It makes financial sense to go for the Kettlercise option at £35 - bearing in mind I already have one dvd and one bell but I also fancy that kettleworx (just not the price).

I'd welcome peoples opinions especially if they've tried both Kettlercise for Women DVD and Kettleworx :)

Im not gonna swing again till I get a smaller bell - I've hurt front of my forearms -dont think thats meant to happen - and its the only place I dont need to tone up lol

Thanks everyone x
Didn't want to read and run hun, but I think there are more qualified peeps to help you on this one. I will just say though that I have started with a 10lb bell and my daughter a 5lb one and I thought I would benefit more from the heavier one......not true. The difference in her (and she is a week behind me) is staggering :eek: Mind you, she [STRIKE]is[/STRIKE] was only about 7lbs overweight (She's lost that!!) whereas my 'muscles' are buried under about 2 stones of fat!!

I would recommend the kettleworx programme though. I have watched a few of the others on Youtube and didn't like them as much.

Good luck with whatever you decide.

Over to Kron/Donzy et al. :D

xx

Hi Kim I'm pretty sure the kettleworx ultra is the more advanced version, kettleworx essentials is the one you'd probably be looking to start with if you decided to opt for kettleworx.

Personally I'd say the 5kg bell is a good starting point as you want it to challenge you while still being manageable- I had rubbish upper body strength and found I coped ok with it.

I can't comment on the other DVD as haven't tried it. Good luck with whatever you decide to do- doing either will give you great results :)

Hi everyone,

I haven't posted for a while but have been reading and sounds like you are all swinging away, well done :)

I havent picked up a kettlebell in 2 weeks! Have just been shattered and not in the zone at all!! Got a new pup last week and he's been taking up a good bit of my time, having to carry him up and down the stairs hourly for the toilet so at least it's some exercise!!!

Weather here is mental which hasn't helped as I just want to hibernate, got a day off work because of high winds :)

Happy swinging folks and I'll get back to it soon, promise!!

Hi Chick - wondered where you'd got to! Tell us more about the puppy. Definately good exercise, especially with all your stairs.

Hoping to escape the really high winds up here but its very very blustery. Still the wind and rain is helping clear some of the snow so its not all bad. Just hope no-one is hurt in the winds. Better hang onto your pup in case it gets blown away! :)

Hi Kim I'm pretty sure the kettleworx ultra is the more advanced version, kettleworx essentials is the one you'd probably be looking to start with if you decided to opt for kettleworx.

Personally I'd say the 5kg bell is a good starting point as you want it to challenge you while still being manageable- I had rubbish upper body strength and found I coped ok with it.

I can't comment on the other DVD as haven't tried it. Good luck with whatever you decide to do- doing either will give you great results :)

Kim - what Chick said. Its amazing how quickly you will progress so the 5kg bell is a good starting point. :)

Mrs Lampard said:
Well done Susie and maggie on your 2lb losses! :D xxx

Good luck mum on W3 - you can do it! How are you feeling now? Any differences? :) xxx

Well, Slimming 'n' Swinging officially started today. :D Going well so far - I had 2 Satsumas and x1 Alpen light bar for Breakfast, Chicken in pitta with salad for lunch + another Alpen light bar. Will have more fruit throughout the day if I get hungry, and luckily - the girls have decided to go to Nando's tonight so that's easy peasy! Will have a mixed leaf salad with a chicken breast, so tonight's dinner will be free. :)

Won't get home 'til about 10pm, but still determined to swing for the first time tonight. Will let you know how I get on tomorrow morning!

I weighed, and took all my measurements this morning...eek!!! I'm going to be very brave and list them here: :eek:

Arms - 14in
Bust (ribs) - 34in
Bust (chest) - 41in
Waist - 32in
Hips - 46in
Thigh - 27.5in
Calf - 17.5in
Tummy - 41.5in

:eek::eek::(

As you can probably tell, I'm a bit of an hourglass! :D Size 12-14, depending on make of clothes etc - pretty much a 14 on the bottom though.

Wish me luck!

xxxxx

U seem to have a lovely figure hunn!.x

Thanks Chelsea-Lou, Chickadee and CatLoverSue :)

I meant Kettleworx essentials not Ultra - my mistake, sorry - which is £49.99 on Kettleworx site.

After reading threads again Im gonna try workout now with 6kg and see how I get on this time.... will let you know how I do.

I think im getting some cash for Crimbo so I may stick with the 6kg (if I can manage it) and purchase the Kettleworx essentials, could be my New Year Resolution I never do NY resolutions ..... maybe I should!

Thanks everyone - look after yourselves on this horrrible day (still no heating so defo do swinging - warm me up) :):):)

Kimknees said:
Thanks Chelsea-Lou, Chickadee and CatLoverSue :)

I meant Kettleworx essentials not Ultra - my mistake, sorry - which is £49.99 on Kettleworx site.

After reading threads again Im gonna try workout now with 6kg and see how I get on this time.... will let you know how I do.

I think im getting some cash for Crimbo so I may stick with the 6kg (if I can manage it) and purchase the Kettleworx essentials, could be my New Year Resolution I never do NY resolutions ..... maybe I should!

Thanks everyone - look after yourselves on this horrrible day (still no heating so defo do swinging - warm me up) :):):)

They do 5kg ones in tesco for £10 x

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Sue- he's an adorable black Labrador puppy, almost 14 weeks old, we called him charlie :)

The wind here is terrible, my windows are rattling and sound like they are gonna blow in! Just saw the neighbours ariel fly off the roof! Mental!!!

Chelsea Lou I'm glad it can inspire you, wish I felt inspired lol

I hope not swinging for a couple of weeks hasn't undone all my hard work??!

image-721524027.jpg

Charlie

Oh Chick - he's gorgeous. Send him a big slobbery kiss from me. xx

Hi all :)
Hope everyone up north is ok, everything battened down and no need to go out! I must admit I love a good storm, but only when tucked up warm at home :)

Joanne would you be able to every other day, or fit the odd extra one to get it all done by christmas? (me still thinking its ages to go yet lol)

Chick hellloooo great to hear from you and to hear Charlie is settling in :) Has it been two weeks!!! Your going to feel like a newbie when you pick it up again lol

Kimknees I hope you got your heating sorted out!
If I were you I would persevere for a couple of goes with your 6 then make a decision about going for a lighter bell. Alot of it is getting used to how it makes your body move - so much different then static weights, and your muscles will be a bit unsure of what your doing to them lol Your forearms will feel sore, but thats just where you are resting/bumping your bell as you workout and does go away.

I have not done the Kettlercise for Women DVD, I do do Kettlercise at class. All I would say - kettlercise is good, devised by a well known registered KB instructor, so yes the moves will work you out, lose the inches and tone you up. I am unsure of how many different workouts there are to follow
Kettleworx gives you 18 different workouts, and gets results
So, are you someone that gets bored of doing the same routine over and over, as that could help your decision :)

Chelsea I do believe a heavier weight gets greater results, even if they are buried for a little while lol

Sue if the wind blows all the snow away you wont be able to play with your shovel lol

Donzy hows the swinging coming :)

I managed to get a bit of freestyle in last night, just a short session, some body shaping moves, and intend to do the same tonight, was going to do a full one, but not had dinner yet (hubby ate it all!) and a few bits to do so before you know it it will be bedtime!

I'm deff going to try kron! :)

Morning Peeps - well we didn't blow away and on inspection all the roof tiles seem to have stayed put. Its weirdly calm now but heavy snow, blizzards and more gales are on their way. How Nice!! :)

Up bright and early on my day off and that's Wk4 Resistance (my total fave) taken care of. 6 more swings to Christmas for me! :)

Going to spend today wrapping the last few pressies, doing a bit of cleaning (not too much for goodness sake) and then I intend to do one of my very favourite jobs of the year. Sitting down with a mahoosive mug of tea and my Christmas bumper Radio Times and marking everything I want to watch. I expect a few GRRRR moments when I encounter a 3 way clash! Catch you all later my swinging belles xxx

How many swings!!!

Sue sounds like a lovely relaxing day, anything good on tv this year :) I still haven't really started with Christmas and your near enough ready, out me to shame lol fingers crossed I will get some bits sorted out over the weekend.

Had intentions on swinging tonight, but shattered from work so feel like having a lazy evening in front of the telly, but may get a few moves in later.

Thanks for the advice Kron - I think I will stick with the 6kg - its reassuring to hear about the forearms hurting lol - I thought it was as a result of the bell banging my arm and assumed it was wrong weight for me, but obviously others have had the same thing so that makes me feel better. Yes, I do get bored very easy, seems like kettelworx has a lot of different routines though, which may help me with my low boredom threshold! Im selling my Wii fit to a friend - used to use it loads but dont anymore - so with that money I think I'm gonna purchase kettleworx with it!

Chickadee - aw your puppy is so adorable :)

Have a good weekend girlies, im at my boyfriends most of it, but back tomorrow for a short time so gunna do DVD again tomorrow :)

Kinda got my heating/hot water sorted - only temporary but should be solved tuesday - but have heat and hot water so smiling :):):):):):)

Take care everyone xxxx

Great to hear you've got heat and hot water :)
I wear wrist bands to give a bit of padding so the bell can rest on them, and has helped prevent bruises when I have really banged my arm by mistake lol
Fingers crossed you get your wii sold off and your new DVD ordered :)

Hubby put kw on, so I peeled myself off the couch and joined him. Did resistance, not sure which week it was. Nice and toasty warm now lol

Been feeling really down lately, realised it's because I've not been to the gym, in over a fortnight what with working two jobs, overtime, and not feeling too brill! So I've just put in a round of swings and the dreaded (for me and my crunchy shoulders) windmills!
Gotta go shopping for my ma tomorrow, hoping to go at 7/8 am get it out of the way, think I'll go to the gym first. Then to tackle the Christmas tree!!!!

Back