Secret to shaping up

Shirleen said:
Been feeling really down lately, realised it's because I've not been to the gym, in over a fortnight what with working two jobs, overtime, and not feeling too brill! So I've just put in a round of swings and the dreaded (for me and my crunchy shoulders) windmills!
Gotta go shopping for my ma tomorrow, hoping to go at 7/8 am get it out of the way, think I'll go to the gym first. Then to tackle the Christmas tree!!!!

Kron: thanks for the tip about wristbands cos as fat as I am I have rather delicate wrists! Will put them on my stocking list, he'll like buying them!!!!

Sorry for the messed up post blinking iPhone!!!

Susie hope you feel better soon and can get back into your swinging.

Shirleen sounds like your far too busy with work to get anything done! and up early this morning with a full list of things to do, no wonder your not feeling up to much. Hope you get a chance to go to the gym and have a bit of 'me' time and get to work off some of the stresses and hopefully get that feel good boost a good work out can bring.

Not sure when our tree will get pulled out, I need to get some running around done as quickly running out of time, I do it every year, always have good intentions to not be a last minute shopper, but always end up in a mad dash. Last year i was up at 5am on Christmas eve, to get the food shopping done on the way to work. Looks like a similar scenario this year as well lol

Wk3 Core done, Res tonight and then WK4 on Monday x

Yeah playing catch up :) getting on reck to be done by Christmas

Not sure if I will be swinging, my day has not gone as I had hoped thanks to Mr Kron who at the mo has his head phones on 'singing' while putting up the tree after sending me out to get drawing pins, feeling a bit bah humbug lol but at last the decorations are going up :)

Yeah playing catch up :) getting on reck to be done by Christmas

Not sure if I will be swinging, my day has not gone as I had hoped thanks to Mr Kron who at the mo has his head phones on 'singing' while putting up the tree after sending me out to get drawing pins, feeling a bit bah humbug lol but at last the decorations are going up :)

Oh bless him. I bet its a real racket! Still at least he's being useful. :D

Morning All - Round 3, Wk5 Cardio done. Very red faced after that one but good to get done. One more Cardio to do before Christmas! Whoop Whoop!! Had a bit of a thaw overnight which hopefully will continue. Going to Tescos in Inverness tomorrow morning at 8am for the "BIG CHRISTMAS SHOP"!! Will try and be restrained this year and buy less crisps etc. If I don't have them in the house, I can't pick at them! :)

Evening All, Well I'm just about to do Week 6 Core, Round 3, that will be me finished Round 3 totally!

To be honest, much as Ryan has been a big part of my life for the past 18 weeks, I've had enough of him for now as you can imagine, and am going to leave him to you lot for a while as I continue with my own wee workout which I plan to do once or twice a week as well as going to the gym.

I think I can safely say I got my value for money out of kettleworx though. Four and a half months of workouts with Mr Cheesey!

I got my OH to take my final set of photos this morning but I won't bother uploading them. First of all, I stood in a different place and think I was closer to the camera so it's too difficult to compare. Secondly, I would honestly say I have made negligible progress on my last set of pics.....I'm not unhappy about that, I'm just saying that this time any difference has been less dramatic.
And that's, I have discovered, the tricky thing about shaping up / dieting.......keeping going even when you can't see dramatic results. I am hoping to accept that change takes time and patience. For example, I have noticed since starting a strength regime in the gym that my arms and shoulders are changing. But I know that the real change will come in 6-12 months time, and then again in 3 years time. Unfortunately, transformations don't happen overnight. One day you might be on a high, get lots of compliments, fit into something you couldn't fit into before, see change in the mirror..

Then the next day you might see an unflattering photo of yourself, or struggle to find a nice outfit in the shops, and it's MEGA hard not to despair and think that you've been deluding yourself about improving, and stuff your gob, thinking SOD IT ALL!!!!
So I'm going to do Core even if I don't feel too inspired today and I'm going to keep dropping in here even if I'm not kettlebelling like before.

As you know I have a wedding dress to get into. Or rather, I am probably going to buy a new more va va voom dress even if I do fit into the one I've got, but at least I have it there to measure my progress. Either way, I would like to be a buff bride and on a high for my wedding day, hen party season, honeymoon and beyond.

xx

Sue he can't hold a note, it all sounds the same = awful! Lol my failed quest of getting drawing pins was completed today :) so now we are christmassy, I have been bought gifts and got hubby into town to get him to try some things on to get his proper size! He has dropped a few since swinging, he is a M now ;)

Biggy you hit your target to get it done by Christmas and have achieved so much :)
Altho you may not see your results, they are there, we are our own harshest critics at times and often don't see what others see.

It doesn't matter what size you are there will always be crap shopping days, awful photos, poor body image, etc and your right, it's how you handle it. I get those days even at teeny size!

Great to hear your keeping kb in your fit plan, and have fun down the gym and keep shaping that body!

I still bet you can get into your dress if you stay focused, even if your going to get another one - greedy lol

Mr Cheesy is great to pick up once in a while, I still enjoy randomly picking one (altho I tend not to pick cardio lol)

You will be a buff bride, you have lost inches, dropped dress sizes and can continue to do so and you will meet that target xx

I had a quick freestyle swing today, have felt rough and napped on the couch since we got home. Got my blood tests tomorrow, scan next week, so hopefully back on track soon :)

Way to go Jess :D Dead chuffed for you girlie xx

Well, as you may or may not know. I moved house last Friday and did not do Wk 4 core on my normal Thursday - I had to wait until Saturday afternoon to fit that one in. That was fine, so yesterday I attempted Wk 4 cardio :eek: I could only manage half as I was still so exhausted from the move. All day Friday I was carrying heavy stuff down two flights of stairs, loading it into car and off-loading at the other end. 12 hours non-stop and without food :eek:. Knackering and my calves were killing me on Saturday.

I should be finishing Wk 4 tonight so will have to try and muster up some energy to dig out the Resistance :sigh: especially given that my DD has posted such fab inch loss figures for her 2nd week!!!!

Hoping you are all feeling better/having better weather and.........keeeeeeeeeep swinging :D

Jess that's outstanding! Well done on your weight and inch loss, when you do it you do it well :) keep up the great work, and you may need to consider bringing your wedding date forward the rate your going x

Chelsea hope your move went ok, that's a tough day! Never mind all the days of packing and unpacking around the day. You must have burnt some cals, and sounds like your legs got a good workout with all those stairs. Good luck with resistance, it's not that bad promise :)

Haven't swung myself yet! Hmmm not making any promises lol

Finished wk 5 tonight. Some new moves in the core one such as rainbow something or another and passing the bell round the body lifting one leg at a time. I quite enjoyed wk 5 core and I worked out that if I laid on the bed to do the hip lifting move I didn't feel sick as my head was slightly raised. I was worried it wouldn't work but I definitely felt it working.

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Started Week 4 res tonight, shattered! Did an exercise where its like your shooting a gun with the kettlebell? Why does he have such weird names for exercises like Rainbows? Haha.

Anyway, done not too bad but I think I need some yoga or stretching in afterwards. Even after a cooldown, I feel a bit tense. Will do measurements in the morning. Can only find my waist and hip measurements, not my arms ones :( boo.

Hope everyone is well! Keep swinging x

Morning Swingers - wk5 Core just finished. Always enjoy that one. Like Susan says above, the new balancing moves and rainbows are introduced and they seem to give it a bit of va va voom. Very enjoyable, although the last set of rainbows with a 7.5kg kills me so I dropped down to my 6.5kg to get me through :)

Only 4 more swings to the end of Round 3 for me and then (adopts a Noddy Holder stylee) "IT'S CHRISTMAAAAAAAASSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!" :)

Hi all :)

Your all putting me to shame lol I didn't swing yesterday and my mum comes for her dinner on tuesdays so far too stuffed now!

Susie great to hear that your managing the hip move without your motion sickness coming on. Roll on week 6 :)

Joanne those gun slinger moves are a killer lol he does have some cute names for the moves lol over half way now :) hope you can get loosened up after your workout, you may be tensing while working out, try and keep your shoulder down and relaxed, neck loose to help alleviate that tense feeling

Sue I am getting into Christmas now the decorations are up and most of the pressies are ordered :) going to do some late night shopping tomorrow to pick up a few more bits and apart from the food and hoping the postman gets my orders to me I will be ready lol

I have put a couple of swinging DVDs on my Santa list so fingers crossed I have been a good girl this year :)

Hi all.have been away for weekend and my flu has come back so still have to do wk 6 and decided i will start sunday seeing as i have an extremely busy wk at work.I will also start from the begining again as second time around i hope to do them better.:)

Evening everyone, hope we are all feeling well and if you are suffering with winter colds and 'flu that you are feeling better soon.

Well, did my week 4 resistance tonight so that is another week checked off. Should really begin Week 5 with Core tomorrow but it may be a bit much two night's in a row. I did really enjoy the resistance and loved the disco thingy move :D

Scales are being really stubborn and yet I have eaten not a lot over the last 5 or 6 days. What's occurring I wonder? Grrrrrr

Have a lovely evening one and all xxx

Hope your appetite picks up Lou.

I'm going to to Wk4 Core or cardio tonight. Pretty shattered so might end up doing core.

Hope your appetite picks up Lou.

I'm going to to Wk4 Core or cardio tonight. Pretty shattered so might end up doing core.
Thanks Joanne.

I did (?) Week 4 cardio on Sunday and it killed me. I was so tired from house move that it was not possible to do the whole 2 sets :cry:I sailed through resistance though tonight :D Hope you do better than I did if you do the cardio.......I'm sure you will x

If I do cardio at least I will sleep tonight :D

Hi All,

I'm a Mini friend of Lou's (Chelsea Lou) and she has been going on and on about kettlebells for the past few weeks :blahblah: and so I along with countless others on the Gold diary have read through this thread and been really inspired by your successes (and in my case I am particularly impressed by the tenacity as I'm somewhat lacking in that area). I have a set of Everlast kettlebells that I bought last year after my gym instructor put kettlebells on my programme. Well I only went back to the gym a handful of times after that and never even unpacked the kbs. I bought a DVD as well which has been in my book case in its plastic wrapping ever since. I tried it about a week ago after reading about Lou actually enjoying exercising :eek:;) and went through the 1st DVD which was an instructional. I didn't think much of it actually, but decided to try again tonight and chose a 15 minute workout and it was exhausting! I feel good though so thanks all for getting me off the sofa ;)

The DVD I have is by London Kettlebells I think and is called Practical kettlebell something (am a bit wobbly right now so won't walk across the room to double check) - it's a bit dry, just a man doing the exercises with some rubbish background music. Has anyone tried it and if so how does it compare to the Kettleworx ones? I don't want to spend money in case I don't stick to it but you all seem to have so much fun doing it and whilst I feel great now I did find the routine a bit samey...

The exercises were among others (and apologies if I get these wrong or mixed up!):
2-handed swing
half get up
clean / squat
clean / press?
snatch
snatch / swing
full get-up
windmill

These were repeated for 15 minutes. I'm pretty sure I've covered all the exercises - do you think that's an OK full body workout?

Anyway - I just came on to say Hi really and well done for being so committed! I am going to try and do this a few times a week as it really is something that I can squeeze into my busy life.

:character00116:

Back