Secret to shaping up

Hi everyone
Its been a while since I posted but I thought I would update. I only run once a week for 2 miles due to dark evenings etc and so have been trying to do my kettlebell exercises 3 times a week for 24 mins a time. I have my own routine. I haven't lost weight but definitely gained definition. I wear mainly size 8 bottoms but last week bought a pair of jeans thinking there were an 8. I checked the label when washing them and they are a 6!! Wow kron you were right, i am amazed at the difference it has made. I am a size 10 on top. I find my 7.5kg bell gives me a good workout.

So welcome all newcomers and do try it. As a low cost investment (I didn't buy any expensive DVDs) which is small to hide away when not in use, it has made a huge difference to my shape.

Welcome Alli, you will be glad you came :D As for the shock horror at me sticking to exercise, you are dead right about that. Usually everything is a 5 minute wonder with me but I start week 5 tomorrow or Friday and that is one heck of an achievement for moi!! :D Give it a good go, you won't be disappointed and don't forget to take your measurements so you can record your successes to share with us all. We love hearing about everyone's achievements xxx

Well done eatwell that is fantastic! And welcome Ali :)

Cardio WK4 done, he put in burpees and mountain climbers!! :O Nearly died haha.

I've found my measurements..Drum roll ladies...

Left arm = 3 inches off
Right arm = 2 inches off
Bust = 1 inch off
Hips = 2 inches off
Waist = 2 inches off
Thighs = 2 inches off

:)

Is that two inches off each thigh or two in total? The losses are great. You ladies are certainly selling these bells!
I just don't want another piece if junk sat in the house that I never use, you are all tempting me to give it a try though

Is that two inches off each thigh or two in total? The losses are great. You ladies are certainly selling these bells!
I just don't want another piece if junk sat in the house that I never use, you are all tempting me to give it a try though
Lol, they don't take up any room at all and if you decide you have had enough of them.......they make fantastic door stops :D

Joanne, your measurements are very impressive. Well done x

Together, I didnt think of measuring them seperate lol x

Thanks ladies :)

Ive got my mat rolled up and my kettlebell both under my couch :) x

Joanne - brilliant results. Well done :)

Hi Peeps - Round 3, Week 5 done and dusted with Resistance. Love, love, love the Catapault Sit-up.

3 more swings till Christmas and the end of Round 3. Cardio Sunday but tomorrow I have the work's Christmas party and then Saturday's hangover to contend with (its inevitable - I rarely drink so unfortunately I will be a binge drinker tomorrow)! :)

Catch ya later xxx

Hi ladies - sorry that I went off the radar for so long lol!
Well, I'm not gonna lie as soon as my birthday week hit, I was in food hell. Cakes, going out for dinners, sweets. And Uni started become extra busy and extra stressful with my assignment that I gave up with KBs, gave up going to SW classes (and eventually gave up with SW altogether cos I was sick of not losing weight) and my weight has gone back on A.G.A.I.N! I am now about 11stone-something and with xmas around the corner and chocolates galore I am in a right muddle.

I can feel my clothes being a bit tighter - and my double chin has resurfaced. Really wish I had not left this so long, but for some reason my head was saying "stop eating!" and my belly was saying "just another biscuit/cake/chocolate bar!!" and belly won every time!

Also, that time of year, its easy to say "oh i'll start after new years'' but i dont want to be so fat by the time new years comes.... not to mention I start PE lessons at Uni after new years. First lesson, 5th January, SWIMMING (something I hate more than anything in the WORLD, all because of my fat!!)

Wondering if I can get back on SW for another 11 days (flying to Orlando xmas day for a few days) and get back on it from 27th until new years. that's 18 days of dieting. I wonder if I can do it?!

Anyone, I just stumbled on the forum and noticed a message from chickadee in my inbox from october lol sorry!! but yea, think i'm back. and will see what happens.

hope everything is well for you ladies too and merry christmas :) xxx

gingercake said:

Mine proudly sit by the side of my fireplace and look lovely xx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Hi all Loads to catch up on :)

Maggie sorry to hear the flu is hanging on to you x hope you had a nice weekend, and feel better to start week 6 on Sunday, I hear sedafed is good for flu and kw ;)

Chelsea look at you 'sailing' through 2 sets, it was only a few posts a go you were struggling with 1, that's a great achievement :) your scales might not be moving because your not eating, your body is clinging on to every calorie as in famine state. Hope you get a chance to get your meals planned out and see if that helps. Good luck starting week 5, cores not too bad so you maybe able to get it done tomorrow:)

Joanne WOW that's great for half way through, a total of 3 hours working out to see those results, a total of 12 inches! Absolutely fantastic! Really pleased for you :) hope you can get yourself a good sleep soon, this Christmas malarky seems to be taking up so much time lol

Herewego welcome to the swingers club :) If it's the Practical Kettlebell Training Vol 1 I have that one. Well done on completing a 15 minutes on your first go, it is quite a challenging set!
What weight are you using? The instructional DVD will teach you good form when doing moves, and yes I agree he is very dry lol, And it will work! One of the benefits of kettleworx is that the routines are different so never doing the same thing time after time which can help relieve the boredom.
Keep at it and let us know how you get along, you only need to do it for a few weeks to see if can get some results and take it from there.

Eatwell :) Great to hear from you, and what a fantastic achievement getting into a size 6 and gaining some lovely definition. It's fantastic to hear you have seen a good difference. Keep swinging, and don't leave it so long to post ;)

Gingercake welcome, it will only sit and gather dust if you don't use it :) the bells work, so what will be your motivation

Sue your going to be hurting Saturday, if that was me I would be hurting till next weekend lol good luck with cardio on Sunday, and hope you have a great night out and a lazy day Saturday

Bugs!! Missed you, welcome back :) hope your more settled into a routine and getting used to the long days!
Most fall off the wagon as you know, so really glad your climbing back on. I know what you mean about the temptation this time of year, it can be a difficult time Lucky you getting to fly out for Christmas on Orlando Hope you can get in the zone and start losing and swinging x

Susie I have one of mine sitting on the fireplace :) i find its great to have a play for a few minutes while watching tv lol

Mr Kron and I motivated each other and we completed week 3 core, he hasn't swung since last week, and I have only been doing some short freestyle sessions in the week, which altho enough I am not really challenging myself so need to have a good session on the weekend

Another wet and windy night, keep wrapped up warm at home :)

Ok you have definitely sold it now. I have ordered a 6kg and an 8kg one. Looking at DVD's now. We don't have as much choice over here. Will look on youtube for the kettleworx

Thank you Kron. Finishing week 4 today and the onto Week 5 tomorrow x

Herewego welcome to the swingers club :) If it's the Practical Kettlebell Training Vol 1 I have that one. Well done on completing a 15 minutes on your first go, it is quite a challenging set!
What weight are you using? The instructional DVD will teach you good form when doing moves, and yes I agree he is very dry lol, And it will work! One of the benefits of kettleworx is that the routines are different so never doing the same thing time after time which can help relieve the boredom.
Keep at it and let us know how you get along, you only need to do it for a few weeks to see if can get some results and take it from there.

That's the one Kron! When I said I did the 15 minute one I didn't necessarily mean I managed to do it all in good shape :D. I managed one full get up and quickly realised that trying any more was likely to do more damage than good so tried (and failed) to do the plank while he was "getting up". I used a 7kg bell and I think maybe next time (tomorrow) I will use the 4kg (I have a set of 3: 4,7 & 9kg) for some of the exercises in order to be able to keep better form. I'm glad you are saying that it will give results because it just doesn't feel as if such a small amount of exercise (in time) is enough. I plan to do it 4 times per week but no pressure. I should have done it today but caught a 24 hour bug yesterday so am not feeling up to it yet. Tomorrow maybe. Right, I'm going to have a proper read of this thread now. I've only skim read so far.

Hope you are all enjoying your Friday nights! :)

Head Hurts.:( Me last night = :beer8:

WI this morning and STS. Pleased with that given the massive Christmas meal I had yesterday and the amount of drinkies!

Got a ton of stuff to do today so catch you all later. Hope everyone else ok and has a productive day. :)

Hi all :)
Was up early and more Christmas shopping dine, hopefully nearly finished but can't remember half of what I have bought so wrapping this afternoon and will be able to see if I left anyone out lol

Gingercake I have seen downloads available for kettleworx through google search, so you may be able to find something. If you come across any DVDs that your interested in let me know as happy to have a look and see if they look ok. Hope you get your bells delivered soon :)

herewego the half get ups and planks seem so hard when you first start as these moves require core strength which most of us lack :) you will be surprised at how quickly these become more manageable. It's great you have a choice of weights, and a good idea to start with your lighter one while you learn the technique and then can swap around pending on the moves your doing. It does seem that your not putting in enough time to make body shape changes, but lots of proof from the belles on here that it does happen.

When I knew that exercise would need to be a part of my weight loss journey, and being extremely lazy, I wanted to find something that would get me results, and found the bells and never looked back. Take some measurements so you can compare in a few weeks time, and you will see what wondrous things they are!

Hope you feel better soon

Susie congrats on your weight loss, only 0.5 to go to reach your mini target, I am sure you will get that no problem. Week 6 leads you right to Christmas with some more fab results I am sure, have fun x

Sue didn't think you would be up and running around today lol hope the hang over goes soon and you get your bits sorted out.

Joanne good luck with starting week 5 and trying out some new moves x

Off to visit mil then a wrapathon in order later, and hope to have time to have a swing

Back