Secret to shaping up

Susie25 said:
Woo hoo lost 2.2lbs this week and only 0.5lbs away from my mini goal I set for Xmas.
Round 6 starts on Sunday

Happy swinging xx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

That's brilliant! What plan are you following? I did weight loss Hypno about 6 weeks ago and it has been great so far but I do think I will need some structure to get the last stone or so off so was thinking of re-joining SW.

I did another 15 minutes yesterday. Can't manage any more than that at the moment. I did a 10 minute workout (not kettleworx) and then a 5 minute swing test without rest. Basically it is 30 seconds 2 handed swing then 30 seconds starjumps and repeat for 5 minutes. It nearly killed me and I ended up having to catch my breath in-between swings alot of the time. Still I managed so am proud of myself.

I'm thinking of asking DH for the kettleworx DVDs for Xmas. He hasn't bought anything for me as i was going to choose a Pandora bead for Xmas, but a fit body would be way better :D

Off to Toby Carvery now for breakfast, then a Christmas party this afternoon. Have a great day everyone!

Good Morning Swingers! Well that's the last Cardio of Round 3 done. I'll bloomin turbo charge him! Cardio and me just don't mix but it clearly works so no pain no gain, eh?!

Woke up to another massive load of snow. Looks pretty but its a royal pain in the butt trying to get out and about. Guess I will be shovelling later. :mad: Still I suppose its all good exercise.

Hope everyone is ok. Only two more swings for me till Christmas! Think that deserves a random Christmas smilie: :26: That's me trying to trample the snow into submission! x

herewego I havent tried the swing test, sounds pretty tough. Great to hear you have another session under your belt, which wil get looser as you go along :)
I agree that kw is a must on the old christmas wish list, I believe if you put in KWSAVE in the promotions part of ordering kw, you get 10% off
Sounds like a yummy day ahead, enjoy!

Planning on swinging today as ran out of time and energy after my wrapping session last night. Mr Kron completed a cardio as he was banned from the front room as I wrapped his pressies, altho he did come in to get a drink of water half way through his workout - its like having a 3 year old lol

Sue you love your new shovel lol With only Resistance and Core left they are going to be a breeze to finish up Round 3 in time for Santa

Ok you have definitely sold it now. I have ordered a 6kg and an 8kg one. Looking at DVD's now. We don't have as much choice over here. Will look on youtube for the kettleworx

Hello, I wonder if someone can help please? I've bought some Kettlebells and am now looking for a dvd work with. I've had a good look round and read reviews but really can't decide which to buy. The Kettleworx ones all seem to come with the bells, which I don't need. Any advice please?
I'v skimmed this thread and am very impressed with the results people are having, I hope to see the same soon! :)

Hello, I wonder if someone can help please? I've bought some Kettlebells and am now looking for a dvd work with. I've had a good look round and read reviews but really can't decide which to buy. The Kettleworx ones all seem to come with the bells, which I don't need. Any advice please?
I'v skimmed this thread and am very impressed with the results people are having, I hope to see the same soon! :)
Hello Bess, welcome to the dark side :D
Hi Bess :D

On the Kettleworx website, you can buy the "Kettleworx essentials" package which comes without the kettlebell :) xxx
What Jess said, Bess :D

Forgive me Kron.......for I have not swinged :D:D:D

G'day everyone. I've been a bit lax but really busy so I guess I have an excuse. I haven't swung since last Wednesday, so Thursday Core, Saturday Cardio and today's Resistance (week 5) still to do. I am hoping to get all three done in time to start week 6 on Thursday.

Naughty naughty me :cry:

Hope everyone is doing well in the run-up to Christmas. xx

Thanks Jess and Chels, I'll have another look. I missed those. :) xx

Forgive me Kron.......for I have not swinged :D:D:D

G'day everyone. I've been a bit lax but really busy so I guess I have an excuse. I haven't swung since last Wednesday, so Thursday Core, Saturday Cardio and today's Resistance (week 5) still to do. I am hoping to get all three done in time to start week 6 on Thursday.

Naughty naughty me :cry:

Hope everyone is doing well in the run-up to Christmas. xx

*hugs*

Im the same, my new target is now to get it finished before NY ;)

Hey swingers sorry I haven't been on for a while, had a horrible week last week and now not enough hours in the day! Hope your all doing well, gonna try and get a workout in tonight but won't finish before Xmas x

Good morning everyone. I finally got stuck into week 5 core last night and really enjoyed it and managed to do it all :D Amazing how you can feel slimmer once you have swung for 20 minutes :confused:

I am going to do the Cardio tonight and Resistance tomorrow then Week 6 Core on Thursday and back on track :D :D

I need forgiveness too! The cold which has lasted 9 weeks now turned into sinusitis in week 6, had antibiotics for that then a few days after they were finished felt rubbish again and last week developed tonsillitis! On anti-b's again but so tired and still managed to lead the Carol singing on Saturday night (badly)!
So the plan is to get back on the SW horse and then begin a serious exercise plan. Asked hubby for a page per day diary so I can plan my programme, meals etc. Want to go to Gym five times a week!
I am determined to be in a size 18 by my birthday in March (am a 22 now).
There that's my plan!!!

I need forgiveness too! The cold which has lasted 9 weeks now turned into sinusitis in week 6, had antibiotics for that then a few days after they were finished felt rubbish again and last week developed tonsillitis! On anti-b's again but so tired and still managed to lead the Carol singing on Saturday night (badly)!
So the plan is to get back on the SW horse and then begin a serious exercise plan. Asked hubby for a page per day diary so I can plan my programme, meals etc. Want to go to Gym five times a week!
There that's my plan!!!

Hugs to you Shirleen, hope you're feeling better soon xx

Well I've had a horrible cold and a cough and haven't started WK 6 yet :cry: but I am planning on doing Resistance tonight :) and hopefully will get it done and dusted by Xmas day xx
Sorry you have been feeling so rough Susie. Good luck with the Resistance tonight. I am sure you will do it.....its just the thought of doing it that is the problem ;) for me anyway :D
There that's my plan!!!
Shirleen, you sound like you are seriously run-down, one thing after another so well done for leading the Carol singing....was the lovely Gareth Malone (The choir) leading????????

Well done, also, for starting to plan for next year. You sound very determined and I am positive you will be where you want to be in March and beyond. Hope you are soon feeling much better x

Chelsea Lou said:
Sorry you have been feeling so rough Susie. Good luck with the Resistance tonight. I am sure you will do it.....its just the thought of doing it that is the problem ;) for me anyway :D

Shirleen, you sound like you are seriously run-down, one thing after another so well done for leading the Carol singing....was the lovely Gareth Malone (The choir) leading????????

Well done, also, for starting to plan for next year. You sound very determined and I am positive you will be where you want to be in March and beyond. Hope you are soon feeling much better x

Bless you thankyou! No Gareth Malone, cor if he heard my voice he'd wish for deafness lol!

Hi All - sorry to hear so many of you are still suffering with this wretched cold and flu bug doing the rounds. Nothing worse when you can't shift a lingering bug. :(

Shirleen - you're goal seems very sensible and definately do-able. I was a tight 22 in jeans and now the 18s I bought in Glasgow at the beginning of November are pretty loose. Good job I also got a couple of back-up pairs of 16s as well! :D

Donzy - hey pal. How you doing? Really sorry to hear things are not so good. Sending you a big :bighug:
As for me. Well Mr Sue had his cast taken off this morning and his thumb looks a bloody mess but its attached and he has some movement in it. Think he'll be doing some fingerbobs type home physio over Christmas!

Just finished Wk6 Core so that leaves Resistance either Thursday evening after work - but I might end up doing it Friday sometime. We break up Thursday and I guarantee it will draw all the nightmare folk in to see us on the last afternoon! :eek:

I'll get my measurements done for Round 3 probably Saturday morning and post them. Not sure if there will be such a dramatic loss this time, but I live in hope!

Catch you all later.

Phew resistance wk 6 done. 2 more to go and then measurement time :eek:

New move today, one legged bend ( I'm really sorry I can never catch the names as I'm normally puffing or just watching trying to get it right, in fact I think his voice just switches off for me) lol xxx

Hi all are forgiven! Lol That includes me as I have had Christmas breakfast and 2 full course Christmas lunches with one ending in a big drink up which i fully participated in in the last week!

Hi Bess hope you found your DVD and start to enjoy the art of swinging :)

Hope everyone starts to feel better, it's bad enough with all the rushing around at this time of year without being ill as well.

I am hoping to have a swing later, altho I am still recovering from Christmas lunch and do not feel like moving at the mo lol

I am hoping to get a proper swing in before Christmas but otherwise hope to do some short freestyle sessions to try and combat some of my indulgences! In some ways I can't wait for it all to be over lol

Susie hope you get your last two in before Christmas as I am really looking forward to measurement results :)

Sue will Mr Sue gain full use of his thumb, sounds pretty yucky! Wow round 3 near enough finished and if your near to getting in those 16s, that's down 3 dress sizes, one per round :) will be looking forward to your results on Saturday

Shirleen are you still working lots of hours as well, your poor body must be completely worn out. Hope you start feeling better and that you get a bit of quiet time to recoup, you need to rest.

Your diary sounds like a great idea and your target is achievable and a great way to set yourself up for the new year

Chelsea great to hear your enjoying :) and planning on getting back on track

Donzy hope everything is ok and the rushing gets done with sonthings can get back to normal soon, good luck on getting a swing in x

Joanne we are all slipping lol good luck with getting it done

Jess hope your getting on ok :)

Hi Swingers! Nothing can dampen my mood tonight! That's work done for the year, all the accounts done for my husband's business AND Round 3 Kettleworx finished with wk6 Resistance. :clap:

I'll get Mr Sue to wield his tape measure ;) on Saturday morning and post the results. Not planning on doing any more swinging until the 27th and then I might tackle an Advanced workout which I happen to know is going to arrive in Santa's sack!

Whoop! Whoop! Hope everyone is not too stressed out with Christmas stuff.

:xmastree:

Back