Secret to shaping up

I have been away for Christmas and will be away for the new year but wanted to wish all the swingers a happy and fun filled time.

Sue those results are amazing - well done. I have given my daughter my 5kg bell and a DVD and keep telling her stories from here. The bells really do work.

Will catch up with you all in the new year and I will start swinging again then.

Hi Swingers. Thanks for all your kind words. :) Well swung for the first time since last Thursday this morning. Managed a Fast Fat Burn session with my new 10kg bell. Think I would have done two back to back if I was using my 7.5 but no chance with the big bell. Think I shall do a 10 min session every day now until after the Christmas / New Year festive blow out!

Hope everyone is still enjoying their time off and eating their own bodyweight in chocs/crisps/nuts etc! Nom nom nom :eatdrink023:

I went to the gym today and it felt a bit like returning to exercise after having twins or something......I definitely over-indulged over Christmas. Almost glad it's over as I was in a a drunken/food-induced stupor for 48 hours ;)
x

I've been lurking here for a while as I am so impressed by your results. My plan for the New Year is to get fit and healthy - as well as losing weight of course! I would love to have a go with the kettlebells but I am so unfit and overweight I don't feel I dare to yet. I am going to do the Leslie Sansome Walking at Home to try to improve a bit and I also want to go back to practicing yoga which I used to love. However the bells do call to me! Keep it up everyone, you are really inspirational and I hope to join you sometime in 2012.

SilverS

Hi everyone, I hope you had a beautiful Christ-filled Christmas!
I'm back now -been off-wagon for weeks! Well, I restarted last week and I'm on week 2 now. Did Core this morning. I have a target of 3 rounds of KW back to back between now and April.
Thanks for making this thread such a great source of support this year; I look forward to more in 2012. God bless :)

Morning All :)

I have had a lovely Christmas got some great pressies and met up with family and friends.

I have over indulged with food and drink, and my normal daily weigh in, has stopped as I don't want to know the damage lol

So it is now time to start getting back in the swing of things, still a few food treats left, but I have done my best to eat everything up ;)

Its great to see some of you have already started and are back on track to shrink in 2012, so lets have a rallying call to pull us out of this excuse to be off plan both food and exercise wise!

I have completed a core workout, and abs are still aching a bit, and I intend to complete another session today :)

SilverSlimmer welcome, I hope you can join us soon and start seeing the results the bells can bring. Altho you may feel that you are too overweight/unfit to swing, the bells can fit every level of fitness and make some dramatic improvements, so hope to see you with us soon

Looking forward to having all the belles back online and back swinging (and cursing and sweating) as for me it seems like I have started from the beginning again lol

Darn, I'd typed a really long post and blinking well lost it :mad: I HATE it when that happens. Basically I was hoping that you all had a lovely Christmas. Congratulations to Cat-Lover for her amazing results and to say that I will be picking up from where I left off before Xmas, i.e. week 5 Cardio and Resistance. I am a week or so behind schedule but will let myself off as it is a mad time of year. Mrs Lampard (my youngest daughter) is getting married in 6 months - end of June - so I need to get myself in the best shape I can. This thread is such an amazing source of inspiration for me and I thank you all for that :D

I wish you all the very best that 2012 will have to offer
xxxxx

Have a fantastic new year guys :)

Going to start swinging again tonight, some cardio! x

I have swing'ed lol
Omg my legs were shaky for a while after! And my abs from Monday's session were screaming while doing push ups, I could feel them being worked most of the way through today's workout and can still feel them now!

I have also weighed and have put on about 3 1/2lbs so now have a goal to lose this ASAP and get back on track

Well done Kron on getting back in the swing (geddit :D) and 3.5lbs will be gone before you know it!!!

Are you partying New Year's Eve? I love this time of year but dread it also for the damage it does :sigh: Roll on 2nd January and back to normality :D

Staying in with OH and kiddies, no plans and the most I will have is maybe a couple of tia miaras in the house. I don't really drink much unless I'm on a night out (which is very rare!)

Congrats on getting back to swinging Kron :)

I have a lovely ache from yesterdays session :) still picking at food tho so wont be fully back on plan until I either eat it all up, or get back to work where there is no tempting scrummy stuff and being too busy to think about snacking lol

We will be out new years and I will be well and truly hung over for a few days after! I do not drink much so when I do I do it properly ;) It is such an indulgent time of year and I do find myself willingly being led astray lol but know that when the festivities are over it is easier to get back into routine and undo the damage that has been done, so I am not too hard on myself, as Christmas only happens once a year :)

I am out shopping with my mum today, she is off to visit my brother in USA and needs a few new clothes to take with her, so will be having lunch out, another day off plan :) Hopefully I will have the energy to have a mini workout when I get back, my new abs dvd worked my core hard, still have after effects from doing it Monday, but as my indulgence has created a buddha belly its a good time to test the effectiveness of this workout ;)

Well I managed half a workout yesterday with my 8kg, could have done more but my little one was running around and I couldn't concentrate x

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

bells and little people are not a good combination lol
Great to hear you managed to fit a swing in, and can empathise with the aches, but it does feel gooood :) Your 8 will work you harder as well x

I did a Core Conditioning class today....with bells! I have jelly legs, and my abs are a bit achey and I KNOW I wouldn't have worked that hard on my own.
Had my weigh in and have gained 1lb and I'm happy with that lol!
Swiss ball class tomorrow!

Shirleen fab news on such a small gain at this time of year, you must have been an angel over the festivities :)
Your core class sounds really good, classes do make you work harder than doing it on your own and you will start seeing some good results before you know it. Hope you have fun with your swiss ball class today and your abs aren't too achy from your core session. You have picked some good classes to strengthen your mid section, which will help towards all over conditioning, its funny how doing a core workout can give you jelly legs, shows how your muscles are all interconnected, I felt the same with my thighs and shoulders aching after doing my core work the other day lol
Hope they/you took some measurements to track your progress towards getting those abs of steel ;)

Donzy84 said:
Well I managed half a workout yesterday with my 8kg, could have done more but my little one was running around and I couldn't concentrate x

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Ditto! Had a lie in and the children were up by the time I came to do my Wk 2 core. Very distracting but perhaps I used that as an excuse not to push myself as hard as I should -lol!
Well done Donzy using an 8kg. I use a 5 and as a reward for getting to Wk 6 this Jan I'll move up to a 7.5kg ?

Shirleen said:
I did a Core Conditioning class today....with bells! I have jelly legs, and my abs are a bit achey and I KNOW I wouldn't have worked that hard on my own.
Had my weigh in and have gained 1lb and I'm happy with that lol!
Swiss ball class tomorrow!

Way to go Shirleen; staying on course during this season is a challenge; great example to us!

Me again. :). Wanting to order my DVD for Kettlebelling but the Kettleworx one is £50 which seems a bit steep. So, is this the one I should go for or are there others that anyone recommends? If the Kwx one is the best that's fine, I'll order it. Any advice welcome. Thankyou.

Back