Secret to shaping up

Happy 2012 Everyone! Well just done Advanced Cardio Wk1. Sweated buckets by the end but nowhere near as hard as the dreaded Wk1 Cardio in the standard session. A couple of new moves which will take some mastering but that's more to do with my co-ordination (or lack of :)) rather than them being super hard and unachievable.

Got a big dinner this afternoon (Beef Wellington, yum) and then that's us back on the straight and narrow food-wise. I'm going to write down in my WI book how sluggish and bloated I felt some days and what food we have left over (even after cutting down), so I can remember when shopping for next Christmas. I know it sounds daft but I will forget and having this as a reminder will be really useful.

Think I might burn some extra calories tonight while watching Eastenders. Do tear ducts burn calories?? Hope so :) :cry:

Cat Lover Sue said:
Happy 2012 Everyone! Well just done Advanced Cardio Wk1.
Wow (Advanced -eek!) well done :)

Cat Lover Sue said:
Think I might burn some extra calories tonight while watching Eastenders. Do tear ducts burn calories?? Hope so :) :cry:

If only... Lol!

Kron said:
morning swingers :) I am learning the art of sleeping in, 7am instead of 5am, pretty pleased with myself lol

Hahaha Kron -you're a bundle of energy!

Kron said:
I started with kw 14 months ago and have picked up various other dvds along the way, and have become very toned, never bulked up, womens bodies wont bulk unless you start swinging with at least a 26kg for about 7 hours a day.

I'm in no danger of bulking up then..! But seriously, the 'very toned' is a good target for me! Pure Kronspiration there!! :D

Kron, Cat Lover Sue, Chelsea Lou, Shirleen, Bess, Here we go, Joanne 24, Donzy 84 ...and all of you lovely people, well done on the journey so far and keep it up! :)

Hi Trimlee - love your positivity! :). I know you're "eeking" on the Advanced but I've done 3 round of the standard Kettleworx before starting on the Advanced and prior to that I hadn't done any exercise whatsoever for over a decade and was 16.5 stone at just 5ft 3". Shameful but that's the reality. So if I can do it, well anyone can! :)

Just yesterday I bought a couple of size 16 tops which I can start wearing straight away. I was in size 22-24 last May! As Bob the Builder would say, "Can We Do It?", "Yes we Ruddy Well Can"!!!!! :) :)

Cat Lover Sue said:
Hi Trimlee - love your positivity! :). I know you're "eeking" on the Advanced but I've done 3 round of the standard Kettleworx before starting on the Advanced and prior to that I hadn't done any exercise whatsoever for over a decade and was 16.5 stone at just 5ft 3". Shameful but that's the reality. So if I can do it, well anyone can! :)

Just yesterday I bought a couple of size 16 tops which I can start wearing straight away. I was in size 22-24 last May! As Bob the Builder would say, "Can We Do It?", "Yes we Ruddy Well Can"!!!!! :) :)

Wow Sue, 4 dress sizes down in 8 months: RESULT! I am a 16 now and want to go to 12. Been sloppy with exercise: on again, off again and then eating very carelessly. I have given myself 8 months to get to target and I'm very fed up of my sloppiness. I really must stick to the exercise & healthy eating plan. Question: are you combining Kettleworx with any specific eating plan Sue?
Thanks

Looking forward to swinging.

After having 2 babies I have a horrible pouch on my tummy that I can't get rid of. Is there any specific KB exercises for the tummy area? x

Wow Sue, 4 dress sizes down in 8 months: RESULT! I am a 16 now and want to go to 12. Been sloppy with exercise: on again, off again and then eating very carelessly. I have given myself 8 months to get to target and I'm very fed up of my sloppiness. I really must stick to the exercise & healthy eating plan. Question: are you combining Kettleworx with any specific eating plan Sue?
Thanks

Hi Trimlee - I'm doing Weight Watchers. I'm very focused with it and rarely go off plan - perhaps just for the occasional family meal.

Hi all :)

I completed an ab workout, should have done more of a cardio base to burn calories but didn't! Lol Just finished a lamb shank dinner with all the trimmings so not quite back on plan, and even further off it later, somehow a black forest cake and cream jumped in my shopping basket!

Sue off to a great start on advanced :) hope you enjoy your meal to bring in 2012 and start back on plan. Sounds like you had a productive shopping trip and well done on dropping dress sizes, that's a great loss in such a short space of time, and your going to keep dropping while you keep swinging. It's been great being a part of your shrinking journey :)

Trimlee you can do it! If you can keep focused for a few months you will see and feel such a difference which will help keep you motivated. I used to be a 16 when I started and really wanted to be a comfy 12, secretly wishing to be a 10, so it is possible :) keepnswinging and start seeing how your body looks when toned, it is such a great look x

Joanne kw works your abs in most sessions, but if you want to add a few more ab specific moves check out my album where I have some demonstrated, I have lost over 7 inches from my waist, so your pouch will be history x

Here's to a day on plan tomorrow for me, I am sure I have told myself that a couple of days ago lol

yo fellow kettlebellers

bit of a lay off due to a) injury (mild nerve damage) b) stress and c) xmas... im back in the saddle again. thought id start with something new and got juniord (my son aged 13) to try Art of Strength with me.

I did the Art of Strength (Providence) after a few good reviews. Its set out as an intro to exercise but its pretty tough - of course you can stop whenever but its 15 rounds (well 14 plus bonus round) 2mins each round. In some cases each round has 2 or 3 exercises but mainly its 1 exercise. Its very well structured - large muscle groups first, and has some basic intro to exercises and a useful timer to show how long to go. He recommends a 16kg for men and 8kg for women - sorry but thats a bit silly you need some fitness for that but he does continue to suggest dropping a weight if its hard. I reckon no more than 5kg and 12kg for starters or whatever suits you.

All exercises are well balanced and the instructor is ok. So who could use this - well if you have done some kb work this is still useful as its well structured and thought thru but if new while challenging i reckon in 6-8 weeks you could crack this. Whoever put this together has some experience and knowledge and there are no empty promises, or whooping just sensible stuff - he just gets on with it and if you need a instructor on dvd to motivate you then err well look elsewhere and ask yourself if you know what you are doing this for. Suitable id say for men or women and any level of fitness could benefit.

bit pricey for what you get but hey ho. might be an alternative to kettleworx if you have done that for a bit, and exercising can be repetative so if looking for an option this might be worth a look esp off ebay...

hi guys i'm getting on the diet wagon tomorrow, I have a kettlebell bombshell dvd and a 7kg bell. i am gonna dust it off> i was thinking 3 x20 min a week on the bell and 3 x 20min on the cross trainer. would that be enough? im aiming to lose around 3 stone.

Good morning :)

Hi Martin, happy new year and good to have you back. Agree with your comments on Art of Strength, I have Providence and believe the other AOS dvds are just as good. I do find dvds that have only 1 or 2 workouts can get a bit repetitive, so will depend on your boredom threshold as to whether you will be happy to do the same workout over and over, it will get you the results you want. I love the multi coloured bells he uses (is that just a girlie thing :)) lol hope Junior enjoys swinging with you, how is Mrs Martin doing?

Hi debbieaction welcome :) Your planned exercise will be enough to give you cardio and toning, but i will always say that diet is the key to weight loss. Exercise helps to burn off the calories and up your fitness level, etc but this will be for nothing if your food intake is poor. I havent done the bombshell workout, so would be really interested in how you get on with it and whether its another dvd that can be recommended

Silly sausage thanks for posting the Aldi sale, great price for metal bells. Go get that 7.5 and give it a go :)

Today I will be on food plan, and will be giving it large with a cardio based swing - wish me luck lol

silly sausage said:
Happy new year, swinging folk :D x

Aldi will be selling 3 sizes of bells from Thursday in their Special Buys.

2.5kg
Price: £4.99

5kg
Price: £6.99

7.5kg
Price: £8.99

ALDI - Thursday Special Buys 5th January 2012

I am considering the 7.5kg one to upgrade (eventually lol) from my 5kg.

Oooh!! Me too!!! Thanks for posting!!!! X

silly sausage said:
Happy new year, swinging folk :D x

Aldi will be selling 3 sizes of bells from Thursday in their Special Buys.

2.5kg
Price: £4.99

5kg
Price: £6.99

7.5kg
Price: £8.99

ALDI - Thursday Special Buys 5th January 2012

I am considering the 7.5kg one to upgrade (eventually lol) from my 5kg.

Thanks, I'll be getting a 7.5!

Good afternoon everyone, happy to report that I did week 5 Resistance just now, so that is week 5 done and dusted and onto Week 6 Thursday :D I will then have a measure and post the results (please God they are less than when I started).

Hope you all have a great day. Work tomorrow :cry:

Mrs Lampard said:
Happy New Year all!
Sadly, KB's have suffered a little, but it is a new year (and a new week) and I am feeling very positive. Different food plan, but I am ready to attack my body with the KB's from start to finish!

Love Jess xx

welcome back Jess. Happy KB attack!

Wk 3 core done!

Back