Secret to shaping up

Hi there was after some advice quite fancy trying kettle bells out I'm a complete beginner what DVD would be best bearing in mind I do no exercise at the moment apart from walking the dog will be buying my kettle bells from aldi on Thursday :) thanks !!

Hi bb84, most of us newbies have gone with the kettleworx 6 week programme. I am just about to start week 6 and have found it enjoyable, something I can stick to (until I get better at it) and it is working :D I am sure others will have different and probably better advice but Kron, who started this thread, recommended the kettleworx.

Good luck with the swinging :D x

Chelsea Lou said:
Hi bb84, most of us newbies have gone with the kettleworx 6 week programme. I am just about to start week 6 and have found it enjoyable, something I can stick to (until I get better at it) and it is working :D I am sure others will have different and probably better advice but Kron, who started this thread, recommended the kettleworx.

Good luck with the swinging :D x

Hiya thanks is that the one that has 10 DVDs ?? I've done a search on amazon and it comes up with one with 10 DVDs £49-99 ?? thanks for your help x

Ill go through Providence, Newport and Firepower and see how they work. There are some good exercises but as you say I can see it getting repetative.

Going to get Mrs D doing these again - hoping she sees me getting benefits but im ditching the gym shortly and adding a pull up/chin bar and some stretch cords (P90x style) and along with pilates will suit me. Need to take it bit easy i damaged my radial nerve (forearm, did it lifting big weights over my head for squats) so figure ill hold off getting a 20kg for now and no Olympic weights... we hope to move some time (into deepest darkest essex...) so will rejoin gym later this year

Target 1 - back to 13st 8lb lowest weight 2011 (by end Jan)
Target 2 - Under 13 st (by end Feb)
Target 3 - 20% body fat by end MArch
Target 4 - 2 x 1 hr pilates self taught per week by end Jan
Target 5 - running x country 5km by Easter
Target 6 - 20kg KB workouts in by April
Good morning :)

Hi Martin, happy new year and good to have you back. Agree with your comments on Art of Strength, I have Providence and believe the other AOS dvds are just as good. I do find dvds that have only 1 or 2 workouts can get a bit repetitive, so will depend on your boredom threshold as to whether you will be happy to do the same workout over and over, it will get you the results you want. I love the multi coloured bells he uses (is that just a girlie thing :)) lol hope Junior enjoys swinging with you, how is Mrs Martin doing?

lol

Hi :)

I havent swung yet, but getting ready and so far food has been good and hallway is wallpapered!

Sofartogo & Trimlee yeah getting a 7.5 :) are you going to start using it straight away? It's a great price!

Hi Jess, happy new year, hope you have had a wonderful time. I think we all succumbed to the festivities, so it's good to see you back. Good luck with your new food plan, and let us know how your swinging is going :)

hi bb welcome :) you can get kettleworx at their website kettleworx.co.uk there was a 10% off promo code by putting in KWSAVE you can also get them at the Ideal World shopping channel so may be worth a look to find best deal, you don't want the 5LB or 2.5kg bell that can be offered with the DVDs you grow out of it so quickly. Get yourself a 5 or 6 kg to start, but would recommend getting the Aldi 7.5 if you can. In my sig I have listed some cheaper DVDs. Any questions, please post :)

Hi Chelsea back to reality lol I am back to work Wednesday, in some ways looking forward to getting back into more of a routine! Nearly results time, so exciting :) i hope christmas hasn't done too much damage, it's been a busy time with your move as well which was a workout in it's own right. Hope you enjoy week 6, more new moves :)

Kron said:
Hi :)

I havent swung yet, but getting ready and so far food has been good and hallway is wallpapered!

Sofartogo & Trimlee yeah getting a 7.5 :) are you going to start using it straight away? It's a great price!

:)

I'm planning on repeating the programme with a 6kg that I already have then moving up when I can. Sounds like too good a price to miss.

Haven't been doing much swinging for last few months. Too many work commitments but would love to get back to it. Will start this week! X

Martin let me know your thoughts on the other AOS DVDs when you do them, I have them on my wish list

Great targets you have set yourself, and I know you will achieve them as well. Take it easy on that forearm, esp when you get that 20. Mrs D must be seeing a difference, and with Junior D joining in that will be great :)

Off for my swing, you lot are putting me to shame lol

Sofartogo hope you can fit it in, it is so worth it x

Just a quickie, wahanda have a deal on today for the 6 keytleworx dvds and a bell for £70. It's a national deal so the whole of the uk should get it :)

Morning Swingers. Piggy's back!! Whoop whoop! Hey you, hope you're feeling much better now?

Well Wk1 Core on the Advanced set done. A few new moves which will take some mastering. Had to laugh as I ended up face down on the yoga mat again with the new bendy plank things. Reminded me of my first normal plank attempts with Kettleworx. Still at least this time I know that I will be able to do them soon enough.

Really enjoyed it, especially the new version of the Catapult Situps. Back to work tomorrow (boo) so today I'm just clearing away all the decs and then going to sort my wardrobe and drawers out so I can see exactly what clothes I have left that fit. Had a mass try on a few days back and now got lots to get bagged up for the charity shop. Apart from that I plan to do very little else. Can't believe how quickly the holidays have flown by. :(

Good morning Belles......and guys :D Cat-lover how far had you progressed with kettleworx before you went advanced?

I am just about to start Week 6 and have been using a 10lb bell from the start. Was planning to do another round of 6 weeks with the 10lb and then think about moving up a gear. Some advice would be very welcome.

Thanks xxxx

Hello there :wavey: and I hope you don't mind my dropping in on this thread.

I've just returned to minimins, as i am now about to embark on a vlcd to finally shift the extra poundage I have allowed myself to acquire over the last 4 years (was a rather trim 10 stone, size 12 then...but I digress).

I somehow happened across this thread and I have been enthralled by its content and have, in the last half hour or so, researched a bit about these kettlebell workouts (more specifically the kettleworx website) and think this may be the answer to ousting my exercise demons, once and for all.

I know being on a vlcd I have to be careful with not over exercising (as if - lol), but I do want to do something that will start to tone underneath the flab, until the flab lessens :D

There is a deal on the kw website at the moment where you can get all 10 dvd's and the 5lb bell in one package and I'm kinda swaying towards it at the moment - but perhaps I need to read on through this thread a bit more. I don't know if it would be better to buy the 6 week workout set (some of you have got) and buy a slightly heavier bell or go with the promotional package (any views are welcome)

Anyway - I just really wanted to say how inspirational and informative I have found this to be, so thank you for sharing :)

Good morning Belles......and guys :D Cat-lover how far had you progressed with kettleworx before you went advanced?

I am just about to start Week 6 and have been using a 10lb bell from the start. Was planning to do another round of 6 weeks with the 10lb and then think about moving up a gear. Some advice would be very welcome.

Thanks xxxx

Hi Chelsea Lou - I did 3 rounds of the standard Kettleworx. I did the first round with a 5kg bell, the 2nd with a combination of the 5kg and a 7.5kg and then the 3rd round with a 15lb bell and my 7.5kg. I got the 15lb one as an in-betweenie for some of the one handed moves where I struggled with the 7.5kg but found the 5kg not challenging enough. Works a treat.

The beauty with KW is that just by increasing the weight you can feel challenged all over again. :)

Hi All

Just wanted to say Hi, and that i'm back......... Father Christmas was super nice to me and got me the advanced set of DVD's, however as I haven't swung since errrrrrm October (hides) I thought I would restart with the first level but with my 6 bell. Starting off tonight with the dreaded week 1 Cardio....Best to get it out of the way. Just booked myself a holiday to St Lucia in May so I need to get swinging!

Hi to everyone I didn't meet last time I was here...this is such a great thread :)

Hello there :wavey: and I hope you don't mind my dropping in on this thread.

I've just returned to minimins, as i am now about to embark on a vlcd to finally shift the extra poundage I have allowed myself to acquire over the last 4 years (was a rather trim 10 stone, size 12 then...but I digress).

I somehow happened across this thread and I have been enthralled by its content and have, in the last half hour or so, researched a bit about these kettlebell workouts (more specifically the kettleworx website) and think this may be the answer to ousting my exercise demons, once and for all.

I know being on a vlcd I have to be careful with not over exercising (as if - lol), but I do want to do something that will start to tone underneath the flab, until the flab lessens :D

There is a deal on the kw website at the moment where you can get all 10 dvd's and the 5lb bell in one package and I'm kinda swaying towards it at the moment - but perhaps I need to read on through this thread a bit more. I don't know if it would be better to buy the 6 week workout set (some of you have got) and buy a slightly heavier bell or go with the promotional package (any views are welcome)

Anyway - I just really wanted to say how inspirational and informative I have found this to be, so thank you for sharing :)

Hi Suseka - welcome aboard :). You can trade up the bell on the Kettleworx site so you could buy the 10lb bell for about £5 more. This would be a better option for you as you will outgrow the 5lb bell really quickly. From the 10lb bell you could then be aiming for a 15lb or a slightly heavier 7.5kg. Just depends how quick your strength builds up. I surprised myself at how quickly I moved up the weights.

Hope this helps. There's loads of info on this site and usually someone is around to help. :)

Hi Chelsea Lou - I did 3 rounds of the standard Kettleworx. I did the first round with a 5kg bell, the 2nd with a combination of the 5kg and a 7.5kg and then the 3rd round with a 15lb bell and my 7.5kg. I got the 15lb one as an in-betweenie for some of the one handed moves where I struggled with the 7.5kg but found the 5kg not challenging enough. Works a treat.

The beauty with KW is that just by increasing the weight you can feel challenged all over again. :)

Me thinks that I will be treating myself to a heavier bell very soon :D and thanks for the advice x

No worries, Lou. Anytime. Did you see the link I think back a page with the bells Aldi are doing from Thursday. They are super cheap. Tesco also have them on offer at the moment as well. :)

Yes, I did see that link. Are they the cast iron ones or plastic do you know?

I should have added to my previous comment that I am still feeling quite 'challenged' with the 10lb bell :D x

Yes, I did see that link. Are they the cast iron ones or plastic do you know?

I should have added to my previous comment that I am still feeling quite 'challenged' with the 10lb bell :D x

They look like the kettleworx and tesco bells where they are cast iron with a thin protective coating. At those prices it could be worth getting one with an eye to the future and perhaps do another round with a combination of the 10lb and a 5kg for example. Just a thought. :)

Hi Everyone,
Im back doing the Kettleworx DVDs again, I'm determined to complete the 6 weeks this time, I have continued to go to a Kettlebells class every Monday, which I still love, I use a 7.5kg bell at home and 8kg in my class :)

Back