Secret to shaping up

Got my eye on a 7.5kg from Aldis on Thursday!

Week 2 resistance completed so that's week 2 done and dusted. I really didn't want to do it today and I had to listen to the kids fighting over TV downstairs throughout. I didn't manage the whole workout with my 7kg bell so dropped down to 4 kg for part of the 2nd set. Still I did it and am feeling pleased as punch now :D.

Off to eat some stew now - yum! :)

Starting kw advanced going to have a fresh measure up, I def didn't lose inches round 3 of kettleworx as gained 7lb during dec but it's only once a year and now I'm back on track. X

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Cat Lover Sue said:
Well Wk1 Core on the Advanced set done. A few new moves which will take some mastering. Had to laugh as I ended up face down on the yoga mat again with the new bendy plank things. Reminded me of my first normal plank attempts with Kettleworx. Still at least this time I know that I will be able to do them soon enough.

Really enjoyed it, especially the new version of the Catapult Situps. :(

well done Sue!

Chelsea Lou said:
Good morning Belles......and guys :D Cat-lover how far had you progressed with kettleworx before you went advanced?

I am just about to start Week 6 and have been using a 10lb bell from the start. Was planning to do another round of 6 weeks with the 10lb and then think about moving up a gear. Some advice would be very welcome.

Thanks xxxx

Good morning Chelsea Lou. I plan to do 3 rounds of KW and then go Advanced. I have been using a 5kg and will try a mixture of the 5 and 7.5kg for my next round and then hopefully the 7.5kg on it's own.
I think we each need to see what works best and the general principle is to challenge yourself without hurting anything.
It will feel great for when I can use a 7.5kg bell comfortably! (and then begin to think of using a 10kg bell -oh :) )

Cleogin said:
Hi All

Just wanted to say Hi, and that i'm back......... Father Christmas was super nice to me and got me the advanced set of DVD's, however as I haven't swung since errrrrrm October (hides) I thought I would restart with the first level but with my 6 bell. Starting off tonight with the dreaded week 1 Cardio....Best to get it out of the way. Just booked myself a holiday to St Lucia in May so I need to get swinging!

Hi to everyone I didn't meet last time I was here...this is such a great thread :)

Welcome back Cleogin! How did that fab Wk 1 Cardio go?!

Wk 3 Cardio done!

Another Art of Strength session and some wrist work - Providence again. I still cant do windmills with or without a weight. I think Ill do SOTS or squats instead my knee doesnt like the movement probably have to accept some exercises are beyond my missing knee cartlidge...

Done this 3 times and its a doddle otherwise. 14 rounds of 2 mins (1min rest) plus bonus round/warm up makes it around 50mins total so a bit time consuming. Im going to try where its reps of 5,4,3,2,1 to up the ante and do 2 full sets in 2 mins, which means racing ahead of the instructor dude, Anthony thingy.

Beginning to regret not getting competition kettebells (made of steel and the same size for most standard weights) but they dont come with rubber base and Mrs D would slice me into small pieces if I damage the floor.

Already itching to get a 20kg bell though....

Hi there,
This exercise sounds really good was just wondering could I get a little more info on it? I have to say I'm a very lazy person very rarely do exercise and if I do its about a 20 minute walk once a month - disaster really! I was involved in an accident a few years ago which put me out for a year and i just havent found the motivation since to get up and go.. These kettlebells sound good though as I loved lifting weights/heavy things when I was younger it made me feel ike I was really strong!! How would you suggest I go about starting this??

I love them as I find Cardio a bit boring, now I can't run anymore and I love strength training and you get Cardio as a bonus lol!

Hi all :)

Back to work today :( but on the plus side, no goodies about to munch on lol I decided to wear my loose trousers, and it was a bit depressing to find they were snug, so more determined to eat better and swing!

Sue bet you have loads of space in your drawers now ;) It is great to try on old stuff to find they are far too big. Hope your first day back at work went well

Chelsea if you can move up in weight you will see better changes, see Sues stats for proof. About week 4 I moved up, altho would drop down to my 10lb whenever i needed to, but as long as your challenged you will be working yourself, but heavier does equal better results :)

Hi suseka welcome to swinging :) I agree with Sue in upgrading to the 10lb or getting a 5kg in the sales, Aldi are selling some 5s for a really good price, I think Tesco have a sale on too, altho not sure how much they are

Cleogin great to have you back :) and starting with the dreaded week 1 cardio lol, still cannot be as bad as your PT?

fatnomore kw must be a breeze compared to class :) doing them will definitley compliment the class and keep that calorie burning throughout the week. Keep us updated on how your getting along

Joanne hope you get to Aldis ok, dont park too far away and have to lug that 7.5 too far lol

herewego good to hear you got it done, even if the kids were trying to put you off. Can be difficult to get swinging, but as they say, you do feel better for it, and your getting on really well using your 7 for most of the workout

Hi Donzy sounds like a very munchy christmas :) me too, and even if the gain doesnt show a loss in measurements, it wont take long before you catch up x

Trimlee looking forward to using a 10 :) It sounds so heavy (and feels it when you first get one) but it is quite surprising how your body adjusts, but I suppoise you should get to grips with your 7.5 first :)

Hi Jess sounds like your very focused, hows your new puppy, sorry i completely forgot to ask previously. i bet s/he will be giving you some extra workouts with walks and runs once its old enough

Martin dont think I could lift a 20kg lol what weight are you using now? Steaming ahead of the instructor and time already :) Windmills are my favs, shame your body doesnt like them, but there are always other moves you can do. I can understand Mrs Ds viewpoint with those competition bells lol

Hi Fudgie, you cannot be any lazier than me lol, i too suffered from an accident, huge weight gain and lack of exercise, constant pain, etc. The bells altho can be purchased quite heavy are not like weight lifting, but is a form of strength based training, and even a 5kg can feel like a tonne on some moves! I have some example moves in my signature, and youtube has some really good clips (just dont get too put off by some of the men swinging 2 huge bells), i also have details of cheap dvds available if you wanted to give it a go without too much cost being involved. i can say they are brilliant, quick, fun and get some superb inch loss, but you will need the motivation to actually use them

Shirleen hows your abs? hope your feeling better and looking forward to your next workout :)

Well, Mr Kron did what he said and started kw today, I joined him and we did week 1 core, loved it, I used my 12 as he had my 10, and apart from the spelling of kw where my arms were shaking holding the bell over my head, so I let the handle rest lightly on the floor, I managed ok. I hopefully have convinced him that when he is done redoing this 6 weeks, he moves up to advanced, he has only done one of the advanced workouts, and thats cos he joined me one time, and i didnt tell him lol

Wk 1 adv core done loving the new moves!!!! That mermaid one is weird though!!! X

Hi All, newbie here! Can someone explain what kettleworx is? Is it a DVD? Was thinking of getting some kettlebells - any tips on what weight I should get as I'm just starting out?

picklednut said:
Hi All, newbie here! Can someone explain what kettleworx is? Is it a DVD? Was thinking of getting some kettlebells - any tips on what weight I should get as I'm just starting out?

Hiya it's a 6week programme on DVDs each week you do a core, resistance and cardio workout (20min each) over 3 days using a kettlebell, most on here start with a 5kg x

Donzy yeah, great to hear you enjoyed and are back in the swing of things :)

Hi picklednut kettleworx is a 6 week Kettlebell programme on DVD you work out 3 times a week, 20 mins per time. I would recommend starting with a 5kg, or a 7.5kg if your relatively fit. Aldi is doing a superb sale on bells from tomorrow, tescos have a sale on as well, so if you think it is something you want to get in to, grab one (or two weights) :)

Kron - work went fine but still surrounded by half eaten boxes of biscuits and chocs! Not tempted in the slightest though. Just the thought makes me want to boak! And yes my drawers are surprisingly roomy now! Got a couple of generous 16 tops from Debenhams in the sales and two from M&Co (Scottish chain I think) size 18 PETITE range! To be honest don't care what size things are, its the buzz of being able to get clothes not from Evans or Ann Harvey!! :)

Donzy - yep the Mermaid jobbie is a bit weird. I just need to work on my co-ordination. Loved the scissors one, could really feel it working. Have you done Cardio yet? If not, its nowhere near as bad as the standard one. Thank God!

Resistance tomorrow evening for me. Looking forward to some new moves in that as well. :)

Back