Secret to shaping up

Wk 3 Resistance done!

Thanks Kron, have stuck my 'before' pics on the fridge door (they are spurring me on each time I look at them :eek:) - can't wait to add the 'after' ones!

Okay how is this.

Warm up
1. KB Swing (20-30 R)
2. KB Split Squat/Bulgarian Split Squat (10-15 R/leg)
3. KB Push Ups (10-15 R)
4. KB Reverse Lunge, Rotate (10-15 R/leg)
5. KB Clams (20 R)
6. KB Hip Raise on feet or ball (20 R)
7. KB Russian Twist (15 R)
8. KB 1-Leg Deadlift (15-20 R/leg)
9. KB Plank Rows (10-15 R/arm)
10. KB Halos (10 R/each way)

Repeat twice

When performing an exercise with the kettle bells how many reps are you supposed to do each exercise?

Hey all,

For those of you waiting to purchase your kb's from Aldi. I just gave their customer service centre a call and was told that they've been cancelled :mad: She couldn't give a reason, just that they've been withdrawn.

I did ask if it was just my local store all nationwide - and she said nationwide. You may want to check with your local store first though, before trying to get them elsewhere.

So I'm going to try Tesco or Sainsbury over the weekend and if I can't get any that way, I'll be ordering a 5kg online - does anyone know a good site for this, other than the Kettleworx one? I'm would like to get ones similar to those though.

Hey all,

For those of you waiting to purchase your kb's from Aldi. I just gave their customer service centre a call and was told that they've been cancelled :mad: She couldn't give a reason, just that they've been withdrawn.

I did ask if it was just my local store all nationwide - and she said nationwide. You may want to check with your local store first though, before trying to get them elsewhere.

So I'm going to try Tesco or Sainsbury over the weekend and if I can't get any that way, I'll be ordering a 5kg online - does anyone know a good site for this, other than the Kettleworx one? I'm would like to get ones similar to those though.

It isn't cheap but Costco do a set of 3 metal kettlebells for £35 at the moment. These are the ones I have and they look similar to the kettleworx ones (set comprises of a 4kg, 7kg and a 9kg bell).

Great Exercises but what about working them in this order

1. Swing
2. Squat
3. Deadlift
4. Lunge
5. Push up
6. Plank row
7. Hip raise
8. Clam
9. Halo
10. Russian Twist

You will work the larger muscle groups/compound exercises first then smaller and isolated ones last.

If I might suggest adding either of a Seated Press/Arnie/Jerk after Push ups and after halo a Triple crush plus a Sicilian Crunch added to your Russian Twist.

That's pretty much my core workout.. no muscle is left unworked. Be great to hear your next workout Im all for new ideas.

Okay how is this.

Warm up
1. KB Swing (20-30 R)
2. KB Split Squat/Bulgarian Split Squat (10-15 R/leg)
3. KB Push Ups (10-15 R)
4. KB Reverse Lunge, Rotate (10-15 R/leg)
5. KB Clams (20 R)
6. KB Hip Raise on feet or ball (20 R)
7. KB Russian Twist (15 R)
8. KB 1-Leg Deadlift (15-20 R/leg)
9. KB Plank Rows (10-15 R/arm)
10. KB Halos (10 R/each way)

Repeat twice

Go for time not reps - Im assuming you are after weightloss and toning up. Reps are more for larger weights and mass altho thats a very sweeping generalisation but at this stage good enuff.

Say 2 mins then 1 min rest. Count your reps tho and do even sides.

For exercises where you alternate sides, you could work in 5-4-3-2-1 then back up - so 5 reps left 5 reps right 4 reps left 4 reps right etc.., and in 2mins aim to get down to 1 and back up to 5 (thats challenging but its a target).

When performing an exercise with the kettle bells how many reps are you supposed to do each exercise?

Mmmm thighs....oh yeah where was I?

Do you mean front of thighs - quadriceps?

1 legged squat
front squats
1 arm overhead squats
1 arm split jerk
Reverse lunge
Renegade lunges
Bulgarian squat

Hi picklednut

I haven't got any DVDs and have devised my own routine which so far has kept me in trim. I just did some research and posted my ideas in this thread. I got some helpful suggestions from kron and others too.

Does anyone have suggestions for some thigh work?

Thanks to everyone on the thread. Kron / Martin D you're so knowledgeable!

I contacted Aldi too and was told the same thing they're not getting any as they've cancelled the order. I've ordered a 5kg kb from Tesco Direct today. It cost me £6.66 and gets delivered to my local store tomorrow for me to pick up.

I'm definitely wanting to lose weight and tone up. I think my main three areas I want to work on is:

1) Bingo Wings
2) My lower tummy which is a bit podgy
3) Legs (especially thighs).

I know you can't spot reduce but which kb exercises are best for targeting the three areas above?

Have a good weekend everyone and happy swinging.

1. Bingo Wings - umm do you mean that say, your upper arms when extended are a bit err 'flabby'. In which case you need to focus on TRICEPS. The muscle is at the back of the arm. If you do some shoulder exercises which also work triceps and some focused tricep work it will help. Keep your shoulders down at all times (dont shrug them)

Arnie press (shoulder/tricep)
Seated press (shoulder/tricep)
Halo
Tricep extension (or halo/tricep combination)
Kickbacks

Lower Belly

Crunches with KB - but done SLOWLY
Crucnhes with knees raised
Jackknife - single or both legs
Sit up with legs raised 90degrees
Pullover crunch
Windmills

3. Thighs -noted some front of thigh exercises in thread above

Thanks to everyone on the thread. Kron / Martin D you're so knowledgeable!

I contacted Aldi too and was told the same thing they're not getting any as they've cancelled the order. I've ordered a 5kg kb from Tesco Direct today. It cost me £6.66 and gets delivered to my local store tomorrow for me to pick up.

I'm definitely wanting to lose weight and tone up. I think my main three areas I want to work on is:

1) Bingo Wings
2) My lower tummy which is a bit podgy
3) Legs (especially thighs).

I know you can't spot reduce but which kb exercises are best for targeting the three areas above?

Have a good weekend everyone and happy swinging.

Quick question, do you do one workout a day then have a rest day so one on one off type thing?

I was thinking Monday and Tuesday for workout days, Wednesday rest day, thursday and friday workout days sat and sunday rest days. Does this seem okay for starting out?

It isn't cheap but Costco do a set of 3 metal kettlebells for £35 at the moment. These are the ones I have and they look similar to the kettleworx ones (set comprises of a 4kg, 7kg and a 9kg bell).

Thanks for the tip but there's no Costco nearby. I'm going to try Tesco tomorrow, and if that fails, I'll just order the 10lb one with the 6 dvd's from KW.

It's funny though as I'd never heard about kettlebells before finding this thread, but now it seems like loads of peeps are after these and so everywhere is selling out!

Oh well, just goes to show they're well worth the wait.

My Kettleworxs DVD's arrived today. I have a houseful and can't look at them until I have some peace and privacy though....:sigh:...... but soon.......:)

Hi all

Shame to hear the problems getting bells! I bought the Tesco 5kg for my mum and was happy with it and under £7 is a good price so may be worth considering ordering one for pick up

Trimlee great to hear your on track, over half way now :)

Nicole that's great news, you can get swinging now :) don't forget to take measurements as well. Please make sure you watch the tutorials for each move so you get the most benefit as well as protecting yourself. Take it easy and don't overdo it until you get the hang of the moves. Martin has provided some good info. If you have difficulty doing any moves let us know there are loads to choose from, and just keep to the basic moves to get the hang of
I did YouTube beginners Kettlebell workouts and it brought up some good routines altho not easy to keep up with when first starting out. It is recommended to have a rest day in between to let your muscles recover, so alternate days would be better, but you need to listen to your body. Hope you have fun swinging :)

Suseka you can buy from amazon and online, but then have postage on top. I got a 9 at sports direct at a decent price, but again they don't always have them in. Isn't it always the way that when you want something you can never find it!

Picklednut most kb exercises will work a lot of muscles at the same time, just doing the swing will have huge results at fat burning as well as toning all body parts, it's quite amazing how one move can tackle a lot of problem areas which is why you can get inch loss in such a short timeframe. Most kb exercises are completed 1 min per set when starting

Bess :) great news, now just need to get everyone out of the house lol hope you get a chance to have a play soon

Nicole yeah good for you for getting it done, how did you get on, your poor legs will have wondered what hit them lol I hope the trumping settles down, sounds like your insides had a good squeeze lol

Back