Secret to shaping up

Hi lovely swingers:D I was going to do week 6 Cardio today but have had the most $hittie$t day ever today and have consoled myself with a few whisky and diet cokes and therefore not in a fit state to be swinging a lump of lead about. Tomorrow is a whole new day...right? x

Sorry to hear you had a bad day, it's over now and a little of what makes you feel good can't hurt :) good luck in getting cardio done, is that he last one?

Sorry to hear you had a bad day, it's over now and a little of what makes you feel good can't hurt :) good luck in getting cardio done, is that he last one?
No hun, Cardio and Resistance to go. May do them Sat and Sun as Monday was my 'big day'. I am so stressed and pi$$ed off I could cry......... been hung, drawn and quartered when I have done nothing wrong. Life suck$ sometimes xx

With weight based exercise your body wants 24hrs to recover each muscle group. In fact over the subsequent 24hrs your body will burn calories (EPOC effect). You could exercise upper body day 1 lower body day 2. Or I prefer to KB day 1 and do pilates/yoga day 2 and back to kb day 3 etc..,

Quick question, do you do one workout a day then have a rest day so one on one off type thing?

I was thinking Monday and Tuesday for workout days, Wednesday rest day, thursday and friday workout days sat and sunday rest days. Does this seem okay for starting out?

Chelsea its a new day today, and its awful you have been made to feel so crap, but dont let him/her/them crush you as you have done nothing wrong. What goes around comes around so put it behind you and have a good swing, and imagine smacking them with the bell as you workout and get some satisfaction. Hope you feel better today x

Shirleen rests normally give you a chance to catch your breath, sip water etc, your post workout pains are your muscles protesting about what your making them do. This generally eases after a few sessions, alternatively cut back the reps/workout time a little, you do throw yourself right into it, which is fantastic, but your body seems a bit shocked by it all :)

Morning! WI this morning and lost the 3lbs put on over Christmas! Back in the groove, whoop whoop :happy036:

Wk2 2 Advanced Cardio tomorrow, but still feeling the effects of Thursday's Resistance session! :)

Have a good weekend all. xx

Sue fantastic weight loss :)
Have fun tomorrow with advanced cardio and workout that ache

Hi everyone

Nice to see some good cms losses! When people are putting Round One, Round Two etc, is this one round of the 6 week kettleworx program i.e. measure at beginning and measure again at 6 weeks?

Also, whereabouts should you take your measurements from? I must admit I never know where I should exactly be measuring so get inaccurate results eg. when measuring waist do you do it at the smallest point or just above your navel? I don't know exactly where my hips are so I never get an accurate figure as some weeks it looks like I've gained cms when in fact I've probably just measured in the wrong please.

Any help appreciated! Looking forward to picking up my 5kg kb tomorrow.

CatLoverSue well done on your 3lb is that through exercise and dieting?

ChelseaLou sorry to hear you're having a bad day, I think its only human to accept we're gonna have those days and we're not superhuman and to allow ourselves to feel bad and pick ourselves up again.

MartinD / Kron, thanks for all the advice, gonna have to wait until March (my birthday) to get the kettleworx program, in the meantime where would I be best looking for good beginner kb workouts? When you mention doing reps for a certain amount of time how do you usually measure this time eg. do you have a timer? MartinD you mentioned the 5-4-3-2-1 system is this for all alternate reps?

Happy Weekend Swinging to everyone, its my first day tomorrow swinging so would be grateful for a quick kb workout I could complete on my first day!

Hi everyone

Nice to see some good cms losses! When people are putting Round One, Round Two etc, is this one round of the 6 week kettleworx program i.e. measure at beginning and measure again at 6 weeks?

Also, whereabouts should you take your measurements from? I must admit I never know where I should exactly be measuring so get inaccurate results eg. when measuring waist do you do it at the smallest point or just above your navel? I don't know exactly where my hips are so I never get an accurate figure as some weeks it looks like I've gained cms when in fact I've probably just measured in the wrong please.
Hiya,

When i started i measured every 3 weeks, then started doing each round (every 6 weeks).

Doesn't really how you measure just as long as you do the same each time.

I personally do:

Waist thinest part between chest and hips.
for Hips i don't do across my bum, but my fattest part of my stomach.
for thighs i do the biggest bit.

You don't need to measure everywhere just the places that you want to see results for, for instance i'm not too bothered about my chest as its pretty non existant as it is so i'd prob cry if i lost inches, so i don't bother measuring. :D ignorance is bliss x

Hi picklednut,

When measuring you need to try and measure the same spot as you progress so whether your waist measurement is at your belly button, or under your ribs etc as long as you keep to that point you will be able to track. it is impossible to measure the exact same spot each time, but it should be close. Normally chest, waist, hips and thighs are the main measurement points.
The links below give some short beginner workouts, due to being youtube clips there is not much detail on form, so it may be worth researching some tutorials on each of the moves shown. Some are timebased, so you may need to count the number of reps you can do in 30-60 seconds so you dont need to keep setting a timer. My link to basic swinging exercise are tutorials for good form so check them out.

Beginners Kettlebell Circuit - Jacqueline Hooton Personal Training - YouTube
Super Basic Kettlebell Workout for Beginners - YouTube
Beginners Kettlebell Circuit from Tom Clough - YouTube
Beginner's Kettlebell Blast - Home Workout | myomytv.com | Free Fitness Blog

Hi Donzy loving your pink 8 :)

Chick yeah back to swinging :) good luck, which one you starting with ?

Kron, it's good to be back :) I think I'll ease myself in with core :) Will report back afterwards :)

Just got the DVD this morning :)

My thighs are... feeling the burn, I did struggle to finish 15 minutes of the ''fast fat burn'' one they do. That was pretty intense and I did sit some of the lunges out in all honesty.

I've measured in inches and I plan on measuring again in 6 weeks time.

Definately rest day for me today, gives me time to have a look at the DVD and do my shopping list, I got up at 11:30 today so skipped breakfast! But for the first time in ... well years I was starving when I woke up and I've had two bowls of porridge! Going to have some salad for lunch I think not sure for dinner as I'm at my MILS tonight

Sorryanother question.

On the DVD does it give you a full 6 week worktout to follow, cos I see people saying "weel 1 core done" What does this mean? That you've done all the exercises for a full week of the core module?

Breathe - thats the answer

Between sets the best thing is to try to relax and take plenty of breaths. Your body is burning a mix of chemicals and also some oxygen and chemicals. These build up a residual of by-products and breathing clears them. The pain felt intra exercise is usually these chemicals (stuff like pyruvic acid, which your body is trying to recycle) . Post exercise is different.

Look at a 100m runner - they run for just 9.5 seconds and then breathe deeply. Try counting with each breath both in and out (say count to 5 on each in/out) will relax you too.
Does resting between reps help prevent pain?

NicoleW said:
Sorryanother question.

On the DVD does it give you a full 6 week worktout to follow, cos I see people saying "weel 1 core done" What does this mean? That you've done all the exercises for a full week of the core module?

Hi Nicole, the Kettleworx programme has 3 main DVDs: 1 for core, 1 for cardio & 1 for resistance. Each DVD has 6 sessions (they show up on slotting the DVD in as 6 squares numbered 1 to 6). Each of these lasts 20 minutes.
Most people then chose 3 days of the week (e.g. Mon, Weds, Fri) and do one 20 minute workout on each day. For example this week was my 3rd week and I did Wk 3 core on Monday, week 3 cardio on Weds and week 3 resistance on Friday. Next week I will do Wk 4 core on Monday, Wk 4 cardio Weds & Wk 4 resistance on Fri.

So when people say "week 1 core done" They've just done one 20 minute session on the Kettleworx core DVD!

Hi Nicole great to hear it came :)
The 3 main DVDs core, cardio resistance each have week 1 week 2, etc on them, so pick one to start and complete week 1 workout, then next time pick the next DVD and do week 1, then the third and week 1. Then start with your first DVD and do week 2, etc
The bonus DVDs fast abs and fast fat burn can be done at anytime as shorter workouts and can compliment the 3 main ones.
Congrats on doing the fat burn, it is quite intense :)

I use our kitchen timer....set at 2 mins per routine think its a fiver from Lakeland, just bash the button on top and off again. Im now moving to 3 mins (but still with 1min rest between - I sorta count to 60 before starting the next set). I think 2 mins is a great starting point with say 8-10 differnet exercises at the outset.

For alternating sides - left then right - I use the 5-4-3-2-1-2-3-4-5 or 5-4-3-2-1-5-4-3-2-1 doing each side then swapping. So i do 5 left, 5 right, 4 left, 4 right etc.., if your timer ends before you complete know next time to work a bit harder - its a goal now it might take a few weeks but progress is good.

Hi everyone

MartinD / Kron, thanks for all the advice, gonna have to wait until March (my birthday) to get the kettleworx program, in the meantime where would I be best looking for good beginner kb workouts? When you mention doing reps for a certain amount of time how do you usually measure this time eg. do you have a timer? MartinD you mentioned the 5-4-3-2-1 system is this for all alternate reps?

Back